New home layout is LIVE

Yamiray

EDIT: ok, they did a mistake on the anchor point...

To me it look excellent.The bundles all just an icon, not 12. The right part can be a bit better, with the HAREM button higher than this, but overall is better organized. I think they should change the side icons with a color background for activity buttons.

capture-20220316-171225.png

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 3
  • Hearts 1

3 hours ago, Yamiray said:

Looks like there letting you display one of your girls but if there too low you can't see them as you can see here. But this will take some getting use to for me, feels more cluttered somehow.

yeah I´m not the biggest fan of the new layout either..maybe it´ll grow but I can only imagine that it´s going to be a hassle for mobile players.. all those hit boxes stuffed into the same corner :/ ..looking forward to our wizard´s doing their wizard stuff and improving that layout :D  @Tom208 @45026831

This is useless to me because stopped using town because revivals changing the background and keep getting spammed by bundles when going to it so just slows things down.

A custom background of players choice with the option to turn off bundle pop ups.
Allow people to move around the stuff on the screen without needing a script to do it as well.

• Like 2

I can't complain much about the new layout in the main page. It makes all links more ordered, but it will take some time to get used to it.

Having the option to enable or disable viewing the girl is good.

Before the background image had to put some elements in fixed positions to align with the links to the features: activities, bath house, temple, arena, etc, now they have freedom to change more the background image.

An improvement would be if the activities button expand the subpage options when hovering over it.

imagen.png.e4a9cd87f3dbdc4f37b6f5bded9d14b2.png

A negative point is that now you cannot see your position in the Tower of fame in the main page

Edited by jelom
  • Like 11
  • Thinking 1

I like having everything on the left where it's easily accessed.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:27 AM, jelom said:

An improvement would be if the activities button expand the subpage options when hovering over it.

This idea from Jelom is a fabulous one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, 45026831 said:

Yeah, I don't like having everything on the left when there's such a huge empty space on the right. I guess the FAQ is never getting done...

I suspect the "huge empty space on the right" will be filled with ads.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 1

The new UI fails on a major basic principle - it removes the intuitive connection between placement and purpose.

The new button order might as well be randomised... actually no, strike that, it just is random.  It's not alphabetical, it's not ordered related to any player task sequence, it's ordered in such a way that it intentionally stymies intuitive associations.  Plus we already had an "ordered" navigation method with the HUD menu in the top right corner, so the new layout doesn't add anything anyway.

It's a very good example of why the phrase "clean UI design" is bad design direction.  The only good addition is merging the chest icons, the rest is a major step backwards from something you got right the first time.

Edited by Gnome Saying
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

well, am I playing hide and seek or what ..

123111.thumb.jpg.35da0314e0a5ee5e6354672c83070ec9.jpg

I personally dislike this new layout, it feels to me just too busy and too boring. I know that because of more new features they have added the old layout needs some improvements, but not like this, at least to me it is just even worse than the old layout.

Btw, I also feel the layout of recent features is not as good as previous, POP looks like a table or chart sheet, on temporary-POPs there is a pointless shadow bunny on the left reward side; side-quest entrance is also a bit boring - compares to Champions, which has a colorful background, distinct content combines and bases on background.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hug 1

Ok so Mythic Norou isn´t the default option ... I was already wondering since I she is on both nutaku and hh.com screen after I logged in the first time today :D

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-23 um 11.25.27.png

No I just have to paciently wait for KK to release a mythic Bianca so that I don´t have to use Norou on both versions :P

1 minute ago, dsadsadas said:

I personally dislike this new layout, it feels to me just too busy and too boring. I know that because of more new features they have added the old layout needs some improvements, but not like this, at least to me it is just even worse than the old layout.

It does feel like you are on a sub-menu.
I seem to constantly go to the home menu and click "town"
Only the realize I am on the "town" page 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Liliat said:

It seems that the default choice for the Waifu is your most powerful girl (Currently Alexa on HH for players who have her, as she's a blessed Mythic)

it´s probably the one girl in the middle of your battle team (Norou for me on both versions :P )

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Liliat said:

It seems that the default choice for the Waifu is your most powerful girl (Currently Alexa on HH for players who have her, as she's a blessed Mythic)

I think it picks whoever is at the centre of your PvP team as I got Mythic Norou on Nutaku who isn't the most strongest this week, but is more pleasing on the eye than Valentina (IMO).  I assume most players would put their strongest at the centre.

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

• FinderKeeper changed the title to New home layout is LIVE

The new design; 🤮

But they wanted to implement the waifu on main screen so they had to do something with the design of the Main screen. I wish they would introduce a possibility to change back to the old style.... Oh I forgot, with the old style they had problems to insert more "thrilling" features like the 5th parallel event or so...

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Gnome Saying said:

The new UI fails on a major basic principle - it removes the intuitive connection between placement and purpose.

The new button order might as well be randomised... actually no, strike that, it just is random.  It's not alphabetical, it's not ordered related to any player task sequence, it's ordered in such a way that it intentionally stymies intuitive associations.  Plus we already had an "ordered" navigation method with the HUD menu in the top right corner, so the new layout doesn't add anything anyway.

It's a very good example of why the phrase "clean UI design" is bad design direction.  The only good addition is merging the chest icons, the rest is a major step backwards from something you got right the first time.

It add the logic of placement. On the left you have fixed activities, on the right events and rotating activities. 

The placements on the previous interface were *random* too, any connection to any task routine. Buttons were placed arbitrarily anyway, based on a rigid diegetic that cutted away any possible manipulation.

The HUD menu doesn't have notifications. So this interface serve a double purpose. The HUD menu is a non-diegetic menu that also contain setup and account management,and allow a bidimensional navigation (you can skip to whatever area from another no matter where you are).

*It can be done better* and I have a couple ideas that I'd like to see implemented, but yours sound more of an attrition toward an habit than rationale (not that habits are bad, when talking of usability... but habits can be educated thru time).

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 2
  • Hug 1