New home layout is LIVE

Yamiray

1 hour ago, csandras said:

Apparently nobody read this thread or did a survey about the new layout cause it just dropped onto the live server. Shame.

Very hard to get them to listen to feedback from test server unless it's a bug that benefits the players so a lot of people stopped trying to do it that play on test server.

They mostly listen to feedback after it has gone to the live servers and make changes then but you normally have to wait 1-2 weeks after a patch has gone live for them to make changes after that.

Edited by natstar
  • Thinking 1

45 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

It add the logic of placement. On the left you have fixed activities, on the right events and rotating activities. 

The placements on the previous interface were *random* too, any connection to any task routine. Buttons were placed arbitrarily anyway, based on a rigid diegetic that cutted away any possible manipulation.

The HUD menu doesn't have notifications. So this interface serve a double purpose. The HUD menu is a non-diegetic menu that also contain setup and account management,and allow a bidimensional navigation (you can skip to whatever area from another no matter where you are).

*It can be done better* and I have a couple ideas that I'd like to see implemented, but yours sound more of an attrition toward an habit than rationale (not that habits are bad, when talking of usability... but habits can be educated thru time).

Rotating activities were already segregated from fixed activities because they were always bottom right and we already had notifications.  Now the fixed activities have no guiding order other than "being on the left side" - the list has no logic to the way it is ordered so navigation is not done by intuitive search, it's done by manual search which is a slower and obstructive process.  (Also is the "Activities" button a fixed thing or a rotating daily thing?  Such logic, many consistency, wow.)

So no, my comment has nothing to do with habit. 

The connection between visual context and purpose is a key element of learning any UI - the new UI design is less ordered than the old one not more ordered, and provides no directive clues as to what any element is.  New players will get lost in this UI very easily because it has no real ability to guide users around the game (they have to go exploring endless submenus, a design plan even Microsoft has abandoned) meaning the sole learning tool is now the forced-direction tutorials which they would have to memorise first try to not repeatedly get lost in this mess.

And old players will get annoyed because the list order is nonsensical.

Eliminating contextual guiding elements is bad design.

Edited by Gnome Saying
  • Like 5
  • Hearts 1

In general I don't like it but I think with the time I'm getting used to it. But it looks completly unfinished to me. Something you are doing in a fast mockup. Nothing you want do bring to live server. A lot of stuff should be improved. I'm not counting on kinkoid here. I think our user script guys can do a better job here, which is sad. As always I don't understand why you bring it to the live server with known issues. Displaying your waifu is the key feature here...wait....it doesn't work with a lot of girls? What is kinkoid thinking here?

• Like 8

I'm really not happy with this, no elegance, the girl I wanted for the front isn't diplayed because she is in the lower part of the screen, and it all just looks like the "givemeyourmoneychest" needed more space, the background is blurry and more or less gone and all I can say is...well I can't say much, it's not allowed to be rude.

Only good thing, my harem left the citadel, thanks...

Edited by SamRei
  • Like 1

Well is here, what can i say..... i didn't want it honestly XD

The only "feels good" thing that i can see is that probably everything is more accessible, the rest i do not really like it. So this is my (unfortunately negative) opinion:

1. I cannot see my rank in League anymore, and that doesn't feel good
  2. I liked that my town was changing with the events (maybe not much the flickering of OD) and now, if i understood well, is not going to happen anymore
  3. The waifu thing is not for me: yes there are some girls that i like more but if i could choose one i wouldn't have an harem right 🤣?
  4. I feel we actually have way less space (maybe my ipression)

Good thing they are working on the poses issue: not all the girls that i like are standing. Also good thing that i do not have a long line of offer chest at the bottom, with everything united in one.

Possible improvements (i guess there is no going back so....):

1. Show the rank in ToF
  2. Maybe put the timer for market and pachinko too (could be handy)
  3. Put not one, but a selection of girl to appear in the first page. Maybe in a way that each time you go back to the main screen the girl changes with another one you choose. Of course who wants only one can just put her in line and nothing happens
  4. (since we have this new layout) Make the activities and Sex god panel expandable. So we can choose directly where to go (missions, daily goals etc)
  5. Put back the harem money timer (that was handy sometimes too for me)

Edit: noooo the script does the point 4 ( i saw the image above) so it means that KK will never do it and i mostly play on mobile T.T

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 1

I dislike this change. The screen feels claustrophobic. The text is squeezed and takes up too much of the space. Many girls display incorrectly, and when they are visible it feels even more claustrophobic. The background practically doesn't exist at this point. The previous layout was much clearer because all the buttons were scattered giving a harmony between an empty and taken space. Now it looks like someone wanted to rearrange their room so they pushed all furniture at one wall and said "Yeah, look how spacious the room has become!"

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Semiramis said:

I don't know how to overcome the new layout yet.

I'm sorry but I don't think I will adapt to it at all.

For real, it doesn't feel like you're part of the world that much anymore. :( I'm so sad.

I think this may be one of the best comments on this thread so far. Personally I don't like the new home screen either (didn't want the waifu either but thats not really important). But that is really just an opinion based off having to change my "routine" and how I'm used to seeing everything. I think @Semiramis hit the nail on the head. The old screen made you feel like you were actually utilizing features within the "HH World," i.e. tower of fame, sex god path, etc. Now, it's just a new UI with a background. I think I'll end up getting used to it, but the old interface just felt more connected to the actual game. 

• Like 12

Wow, this is horrible. It's like they went into the game and took out anything that could make it even slightly unique, so that we just have a 2nd list now. How do we get rid of this new layout and change back to the old, far superior, one? Literally the only improvement is that the daily offer chests are all merged into 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

The new homepage interface is terrible! 2/3 of the space is occupied by huge dark (black) squares of buttons. Everything is cluttered. Reminiscent of the interface of old games from the 90s (or even older ones)
It looks like KK decided to save money not only on balance courses, but also on the designer.

1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Big dislike.

Designers went for an ordered look that makes no sense. It's been proven again and again that most people need placement where they can connect to with both intuition and use. The only "attractive" button right now is the big old WASTE COLLECTION MONEY HERE button in the middle. The rest of the buttons dont speak at all. At least add some diffentiating icons or colors to them.

Design test: Which of these 2 options feels more memorable:

LEFT: NEW KK DESIGN                                             RIGHT: INTUITIVE DESIGN

ANGRY                                                 I                              Angry 🤬         
HAPPY                                                 I                                                  Happy  😄
SAD                                                      I                                 Sad 😔
SICKENING                                          I                                                Sickening 🤢

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

And even if we accept the design proposed by the KK, then there are several gross shortcomings:
1) First, why are the icons in the lower right corner not brought to the general design and occupy a whole line?
If they are made in a general style, then the rest of the buttons will move where necessary and everything will become more structured, free up more usable space and unload the screen.
2) Why is the Tower of Fame - one of the most frequently used actions shoved somewhere in a corner, and the second most popular is the Sex God Path, which is used much less often (at the club level)? It makes more sense to swap them.
3) For the button for receiving profit from the harem, there is missing timer for the next addition: it is useful to understand - take your earnings now or wait a bit and take more.

1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

And even if we accept the design proposed by the KK, then there are several gross shortcomings:
1) First, why are the icons in the lower right corner not brought to the general design and occupy a whole line?
If they are made in a general style, then the rest of the buttons will move where necessary and everything will become more structured, free up more usable space and unload the screen.
2) Why is the Tower of Fame - one of the most frequently used actions shoved somewhere in a corner, and the second most popular is the Sex God Path, which is used much less often (at the club level)? It makes more sense to swap them.
3) For the button for receiving profit from the harem, there is missing timer for the next addition: it is useful to understand - take your earnings now or wait a bit and take more.

1.jpg

Add to this, it would be really nice if the Tower of Fame also displayed our current rank (perhaps in a manner similar to how Activities displays the time remaining). 

Overall, as many have said, not great UI design, and as further mentioned above, it really takes you out of feeling like part of the game world. Not a huge fan. 😕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In the features survey I've been one of the guys who gave a thumbs up to the ''waifu'' idea. But this is... not what I've had in mind. ;)
KK is like a wish-granting djinn - every wish gets perverted in an absurd way. Sometimes I wonder if they do these crazy things on purpose. :P

I still like the general idea, but in my opinion some improvements to the interface are definitely necessary:

- the buttons are WAY too big; if the UI roughly stays like it is, they really should become smaller and less obtrusive
- the buttons don't have any link to the haremverse anymore (see Semiramis' post); I'd like it more if they'd go back to where they belong while the waifu gets placed on the left side of the screen instead of right in the middle of it
- the UI looks a little bit clinched and some buttons hide behind other buttons, but judging by everyone's screenshots I seem to be alone with this problem (which is even more annoying in my team select screen); changing the resolution (currently 1366x768) doesn't work, changing the zoom doesn't work, Firefox is up to date... it's a mystery

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 3

Things I don't like:

The new design takes the player out of the town and world.  Before each button had a purpose and a building attached.  Now it looks like they put the different buttons up without rhyme of reason.  At least put them in alphabetical order or put the most used buttons on top.  

I don't like not seeing the town.  The changing town was something that I enjoyed.  Therefore I will not be using the new see your favorite girl function.  

The design just seems off.  I think the buttons on the right make it look cluttered and uncentered.  The buttons are way too big and obstruct too much of the town view... "which I guess does not matter because of the new feature."

Things I like:

I am sure I will find something.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

This change obscuring too much of the city and making the buttons less clear is something I predicted when they first come with the idea. I guess they don't read feedback or I was in minority ...

And not sure if this is right place to put it ... but in same patch, they changed several girls. Some are slightly better, some are slightly worse, but Samantha Vorr Riley and Vorr (third image) are MUCH worse.