[ 03-Dec-22 ] Mythic Days #25 - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Have you been naughty, hero? I brought new toys!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Jiggle Santa Claudia

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

10 hours ago, Methos2 said:

My critique to this girl drawing is the heavy line art. I prefer more subtle lines that don't draw attention away.

That would be on the inker, though. The main artist typically does "pencils", then they have an inker, a colorist, sometimes an assistant to smooth things out a bit, so just like in modern US comic books, basically.

I don't dislike that inking job, but it's a matter of taste indeed. Some past (and present) inkers in HH's roster barely trace the main contours from the main artist's drawing, using even an thin lines and not adding much at all (one specific new inker does worse than nothing, adding dumb and excessive speed lines and explosion effects to near-static scenes). But here, it's a competent job, nothing to fault it or praise it much to be fair, it's just solid. I can relate to someone disliking that style, though, of course.

• Like 2

Question: Are we confident that this means that the 10% off combativity will still be in effect on the 5th? I know there was some confusion with the length of the Double Pachinko promo recently. I'd assume they would want to line it up to coincide with MD, but I'd hate to be wrong and end up paying an extra 10% on all my refills.

706241643_ScreenShot2022-12-04at10_17_00AM.thumb.png.2a4e71bba68b001f00ecec8b750d4935.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Julius Fox said:

Question: Are we confident that this means that the 10% off combativity will still be in effect on the 5th? I know there was some confusion with the length of the Double Pachinko promo recently. I'd assume they would want to line it up to coincide with MD, but I'd hate to be wrong and end up paying an extra 10% on all my refills.

According to this it will end in 18h:

image.png.fedad895707e96707df1a527891f2835.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yep, I can confirm it's much safer and reliable to rely on the timer shown in total hours as Garadon showed than on anything else for this kind of stuff.

---
I still don't have enough gifts to see the end of Claudia's series (I'm at 4/6) but I'll say this: I'm not at all satisfied by the coloring job on this one. She had and deserves much better colorists in past series. The way this one applies color on skin in general, and body parts where the color scheme should be slightly different in some areas... it seems borderline random. It's like they never saw a foot before. The darker shades go where the skin is thicker, uniformly, and the soft skin patch in the middle should be a lighter shade. You can't get away with just throwing random darker and lighter patches here and there without following any of what the drawn art or basic anatomy and photography tell you. V_v

Happy, now? This isn't her masterpiece yet. Or at least she wasn't given musicians good enough to arrange and perform her composition correctly.

I think art is good for her, but her visual attributes are not appealing for me, imo a lot of the recent mythic girls fell into the ~same category - a thick girl with huge breasts. This one looks like a MILF on the older side of the spectrum. I mean, its fine because its what most people seems to enjoy, but more variety would be nice. I didn't personally like Moe Bunny, but Royal Housemaid looks great, Golden Luna is good as well. At least when mythic girls started they had something very unique: fusion of 2 amazing girls, milf version of the existing girl, a girl that could phase things through her 😄
I wish she was good enough for me to take advantage of the sale on CP, oh well

• Like 3

I like the art.  I think it is good. I think that this is the best version of Claudia so far.  I agree that the recent mythic girls are in the same mold.  Thickish girls with big breasts.  I see why they don't deviate much though If Mythics are one of the main cash cows of the game they are going to want to appeal to the widest possible audience.  

I got her for around 7K Kobans.  She is good color, was on a blue gem boss and, I think she is well done.  

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

It was surprisingly easy to get Lady Santa into my harem. All it took was 665 fights (95 from natural regen, 40 from Seasons and PoA, and 530 from refills) and then she shimmied down the chimney and wouldn't leave.

166281527_ScreenShot2022-12-04at8_38_26PM.thumb.png.9e7d56ba3b1ebf4cc36b6cd371ea7a8b.png🦆

She's my 3rd Dom Mythic, and 12th overall. Once I snatch Alt. Finalmecia later this month I will have more than half of the available Mythics for the 1st time, exactly a year after I started the game (my Hero's Journey began on 12/24/21).

I like her art overall, especially the 1, 3 and 5 star poses (I agree about the lip biting, @Ravi-Sama). I'm a fan of this artist so I'm excited to see her get a shot at Mythics. I also liked a lot of Ben's work but it sounds like he's been inching toward retirement for a while so it's good to know the Mythics are in capable hands. And, let's be honest, the biggest distinguishing feature of the Mythics is that 6th star. There's plenty of 5-star (and even 3-star) girls whose art is worthy of a Mythic, and some of the Mythic art has been hit or miss. But I can usually find a particular pose or detail I like even about the girls that don't particularly strike my fancy, as long as they're well drawn.

It's now been 10 months since the last Blue/Sensual Mythic. With 2 (possibly 3) Blue revivals (as well as the potential for a new Blue Mythic) over the next couple months, blue gems are going to be an extremely scarce commodity for me pretty soon so it was nice Santa Claudia landed on Finalmecia!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 3

I've been wondering now, browsing through some scenes of the previous Mythics and Santa Claudia, is there any manga that is drawn in a similar style to Venus' art? I had this thought that maybe my problem with this art is that it doesn't fit with the rest of the game, because while it's good art, it's not hentai style the rest more or less follows?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, garadron said:

I've been wondering now, browsing through some scenes of the previous Mythics and Santa Claudia, is there any manga that is drawn in a similar style to Venus' art? I had this thought that maybe my problem with this art is that it doesn't fit with the rest of the game, because while it's good art, it's not hentai style the rest more or less follows?

If the game's overall art style lived up to the "Hentai" in its name (well outside of Nutaku ^^), this would make a lot of sense. But if the game actually was firmly rooted into a Japanese manga/anime tradition, I wouldn't be here. It's actually kind of a mixture between US, Japanese and European schools of comics (as are many many things including some from Japan, to be fair) and it owes a lot more to the US and Euro parts than to the Jap ones. Venus' art has quite a strong and recognizable Italian comics influence to it more specifically (not Manara, though; think more artists like Franco Saudelli, Roberto Baldazzini, Cosimo Ferri etc.). But Ben and most other long-running artists also owe a lot more to US and/or European comics than manga (they're influenced by manga, but very few art series in this game were ever full-blown manga, and the few that did actually clashed pretty hard with the rest of the visual style of the game). Granted, Venus seldom has any palpable Japanese influence, so perhaps this explains why her style doesn't click with you if you're into a more traditional manga style.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, garadron said:

According to this it will end in 18h:

image.png.fedad895707e96707df1a527891f2835.png

*sigh* for some reason my (ailing) brain read this as ends on the 18th so I did not do it last night :(

Ah well, I went for it today and spent ~8k koban with the 4 sandalwood I had with 9 shards remaining.  I didn't have a 5th so decided to push through and ended up spending 9990 koban.

For any doubters or unsure folks out there (probably none anymore), I had a literal example of why sandalwood is better, I would have saved more koban getting the 4.5 shards (with extra flowers) with the potion than I did on the 50 CP recharges.  Probably should have waited for market reset; instead I went with luck (and wallet) :P

Ah well, next time I'll listen to my gut and strategy.  My first DOM mythic tho and having more koban than I expected since I got the mythic last month too pushed me ahead of schedule.

Happy rolling.

• Like 4

Got her as expected. Did my big push on day 2 as it was the day I had the most time and there was a refill discount, got to 96 shards before getting very tired, and figured I could get the rest today.

Time to farm some villains for gems before finishing Naughty or Nice.

• Like 7

I got her eventually. I don't know how many fights I did (lost count), but it did cost me ~7000 kobans for refills (I didn't have any saved fists before MD), so it should be around 800 fights against Finalmecia.

Second Mythic for me! Now I have enough kobans for only one more Mythic girl... I will try to go for a Blue one as my next.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 5
  • Hearts 1

Jiggle Santa Claudia is my 6th mythic girl.

she is my first Dom mythic. i still dont have voyeur and sensual MG.

i used to get her : 775 CP ( 145 saved + 152 regeneration + 470 bought - 8 remained )

my spendings : 5 SP : 450 kobans +  833 kobans for CP .

my drops rate was 6.45 %

I started the event very well; i got 26 shards from 145 saved CP .then i got a little profit from promotion which brought me to 70 shards ; i was too busy to finish her in day 02 and i miscalculated the end of CP promotion that i tought it ends in day 03.

i finished her painfully in day 03 when drops became scarce compared to the first and second  day.

something also was good is that i got a lot of blue gems ; i regretted not counting them but i got like 3000 gems whithin 3 days .at some points i was getting 100 or 120 gems per 20 CP .

image_2022-12-06_091724784.png

• Like 6
  • Hearts 2

Another roller coaster for me.

Day 1: I did a couple of refills, nothing crazy, just to ensure Top 4. Amazing drop rates. 36 Shards in 144 Fights, 12.5% drop rate ❤️ . Got 120 Kobans back thanks to DC

Day 2: Last day of the -10% Combativity, I went crazy with refills. +52 Shards (88 Total) for 573 Fights (4.53% drop rate 😨😭)

Day3: I finished with natural regen and free gifts. 12 Shards (100 Total) in 79 fights. 7.59% drop rate

Result:

- 100 Shards (50 Drops) in 796 fights

- 6.28% Drop rate

- 575 purchased fights, 221 free (I didn't finish with refills, so I didn't have "Extra combativity after last refill", but I still had some 5 combativity left at the end).

- 8278 Kobans total cost (Including 5 SP).

- 120 Kobans back from DC

The 10% combativity limited the problem, but it was still quite painful.

All times MD/MDR drop rate: 996 drops in 14470 fights = 6.88%

• Like 7
  • Hearts 1

And yeah.. She's about to leave us for now with well over 100k shards left over. And the shard count didn't reach 0 on .COM after the first day. Which, to be fair, has been pretty standard for regular MD for awhile now.

image.png

(holy molly! an appropriate size screenshot to show shard count ^^)

So, in hindsight, I could have saved up a fair bit of kobans had I waited and used manual clicks instead of the 48-koban x50 option. Oh well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

I was worried I might not get to finish santa claudia but I somehow made it.. 6,9k for me on hh.com .. 5,5k on nu(hh.com equivalent)  4 SP´s each  .. After upgrading her.. I do have to say: even though I - as some of you might already know - wasn´t a fan of her.. I´m still incredibly disappointed about the scenes.. looks like a bb girl not mythic :/

---

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

And yeah.. She's about to leave us for now with well over 100k shards left over. And the shard count didn't reach 0 on .COM after the first day. Which, to be fair, has been pretty standard for regular MD for awhile now.

I know you´re not a big numbers fan but here´s a little graph for you :)  (#teamdefense)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1049661789534703636/1049667921938489354/image.png

It´s increasing true.. but santa claudia certainly did much worse(and she´s a dom girl).. and that´s not my personal bias but facts :) (my bias: look how mythic bianca and norou both broke the pattern :P ) (also ..the shards definitely didn´t reached 0 after 18h .. maybe even earlier but that´s just me nitpicking ;) )

*nutaku numbers: since I don´t have exact numbers for hh.com but still it´s the same pattern.. nu is basically just a bit lower than hh.com
Thanks to everyone´s favorite script wizard (next to numbers and tom ofc) @zoopokemon for providing us with this beautiful graph :)

also let me add one thing: I´m not hating about the artist.. let me make that clear.. I even posted a very positive comment about him/her on discord a while ago since I fee like BB girls are getting better than at the start.. still..I´m not a fan of how they color especially.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

Technically speaking, this is the best Mythic art so far.

Dress is full of proportional details, the transparency and softness is perfectly rendered and the half-asleep eyes give character to a perfectly proportioned and volumetrical figure. Poses are also dynamic, with moving parts following the motion as they should.

The color pairings are original too. Please also notice how he/she rendered the knees volumes just by coloring... nice nice nice.

The fact is they are delivering very good art all over, so maybe Mythics can't stand up if you don't focus on such tech details. But again, this is an incredible pin up that could be used as a stand alone poster.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

15 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

Technically speaking, this is the best Mythic art so far.

Dress is full of proportional details, the transparency and softness is perfectly rendered and the half-asleep eyes give character to a perfectly proportioned and volumetrical figure. Poses are also dynamic, with moving parts following the motion as they should.

The color pairings are original too. Please also notice how he/she rendered the knees volumes just by coloring... nice nice nice.

The fact is they are delivering very good art all over, so maybe Mythics can't stand up if you don't focus on such tech details. But again, this is an incredible pin up that could be used as a stand alone poster.

I really don't think anyone is doubting the quality of the art itself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its only logical that there is much shards left many probably had to skipp because they where short on kobans after the last mythic revival which many probably went for since undercover valentina was one of the mythics that was going to be blessed last week and shortly after we got the first POA to include Mythic equipment which was probably a bigger selling point than 4 3star legendaries😴

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1