[ June 7th, 2023 ] Seasonal Event - Clockwork Lassies

Ravi-Sama

Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)

• ​ Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals)
    • Quartermaster Abraël ⚪ (9,000 Xtals)
    • Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals)​​​​​​​
    • ​ Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals)
    • All.
    • None.
  2. 2. Which girls do you expect to recruit? (multiple choice)

• ​ Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals)
    • Quartermaster Abraël ⚪ (9,000 Xtals)
    • Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals)​​​​​​​
    • ​ Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals)
    • All.
    • None.
  3. 3. Which event cards to you expect to get, besides the free one? (multiple choice)

• Medium (1,980 kos)
    • Big (3,960 kos)
    • Both (med + big) 5,940 kos
    • Premium ($49.99)
    • None.
  4. 4. When do you think is the best time to buy the event cards? (31 day duration - June 7th to July 7th)

• ASAP
    • June 10th for the LD/DP.
    • June 14th for the OD/SM.
    • June 15th for the KC.
    • June 23rd for Bright Agate's MDR.
    • June 25th for the PoA.
    • July 3rd to 5th for the next MD.
    • Never

Yes, this time the big card was the way to go, reaching the second girl easily.

I would have bought the medium card if it had allowed me to reach the third girl or at least be close and invest a few kobans more, but this time that was not possible.

In my humble opinion allowing players to reach the third girl without having to spend a load of real money would be a good move, but well, I will wait for if the (distant) future make some the lost girls reappear, they would be a real nice present appearing in the anniversary event some year.

• Like 5

Yeah... Fingers crossed but lightly, and no holding my breath on that. But I can see it happening eventually.

In this case, I could technically reach Selena, if I burnt away all of my current koban stash (a smidge over 20k)... But this would be insane. Not only would it be way too expensive for one more L5, even a Blue one with great art and that's a variant of a character I like, this would completely screw me over for everything else over the couple of months ahead, and I know of lots of koban-intensive events I don't want to miss, and suspect even more to be thrown in last minute as it's the Anniversary period. Plus, I don't want to encourage them.

Even though what really solidified this predatory format that's a disgrace to this F2P game with once fair monetization is the fact that enough people actually shell out hundreds of real-life bucks for it. I've crossed paths with teams that had the 4th girl from every SE so far, often enough that I don't doubt it's happening. Plus, existing whales who already spend up to €70 or more monthly on the game likely have so much extra resources they don't even need to invest all that much extra real money to afford this. Don't get me wrong: it's good for the game we have people supporting it financially in general, and I'm thankful for that. However, it's very bad that we also have outright manipulative and predatory monetization practices like this event format and players supporting that.

On top of that, the inconsistency is pissing me off and stressing me out.

image.png

EDIT: To end on a less grim note, I'd like to praise and thank all the awesome players who deliberately show a weak team at high Season ranks to help out their fellow players not losing too many points for this shit. I appreciate every last one of you for it. I still took half a dozen defeats along the way, because not everyone got the memo unfortunately, but still. Without folks like Methos, Uxio, Frostburn, Tom, Yami, Madafucker, Moddy, Camuga, and so many more, I'd likely have missed out on hundreds of points by now. I'm keeping this up all year round myself, because why not, but I know it isn't easy for everyone and it's really nice to see so many prominent players making this community effort at least during SE.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2023 at 5:10 PM, Master-17 said:

Will be there any compensation for players like me?

I also prematurely claimed the reward as well thinking it was only visual issue. After the problem was corrected in the latest patch and I wasnt reimbursed, I created a support ticket and they awarded me the item

I sort of feel sorry for the 3rd girl in these events. She always ends up being the talk of the town, but then has a really hard time getting any actual dates.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'd like to praise and thank all the awesome players who deliberately show a weak team at high Season ranks to help out their fellow players not losing too many points for this shit. I appreciate every last one of you for it.

Yes, very much appreciated. Especially the occasional player who leaves that same team on defence in the leagues. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

I am amazed at how as time passes I care less and less about not getting the last girls in this kind of events.

For me it´s similar .. if I miss one.. I might as well miss all.. I bare got the 2nd on nu.. and couldn´t care less over there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holymolly said:

I´m glad I´m a mod so I can still catch them all ..for the time being at least..

Let's not give people the wrong idea, here. This has a lot more to do with your giant stash from winning D3 for years (and you pay for season and a monthly card and stuff as well if I'm not mistaken?) than your measly mod compensation. You were lucky enough to start the game early and farm D3 rewards while the mechanics were super basic, top rewards were much higher, and not playing like shit was basically enough to ensure constant wins as long as you had old account advantage (as were plenty of other veterans, a fair bit still around).

You just have a few hundred thousand legacy kobans from back in that pre-nerf old account advantage meta, and that is that. You've just spent what, at least 60k to unlock all rewards up to Piper? And I bet you can barely notice your stash got a bit smaller because of it.

I'm a mod too and I can't even afford the 3rd girl, let alone the 4th. My entire stash is 20k right now, including what's left of my mod compensation for this month.

I remember back when Sly and George both had such huge stashes of kobans they couldn't even tell the difference when Noacc asked us to confirm if we got our monthly credit for our mod work or not. I always could confirm, though. It's easier to tell the difference between 0 and something than between 350k and 350k+. And these fortunes were acquired the same as you, not by stashing their mod kobans, to be very clear.

Note I'm not upset or jealous or anything. I just don't want you to conflate being a mod and being a filthy-rich koban hoarder from the primal and grossly unfair PvP meta. YOU are both of those things, but they're not the same thing. I don't want people to assume I'm filthy rich in kobans too just because I've been a mod for 3+ years. I wish!

Cheers and kisses. Congrats for the "free" whaling.

Edit: Okay, I'm a little upset you've made this confusion, especially after I, a mod, reported multiple times in this thread and others about how far out of my reach these girls are. But I'll get over it. Just please remember not all mods are Govs or you (and many more non-mods are still swimming in their pre-2019 koban stashes just like you). (I've also ironed out a few things and rearranged my post). Cheers. Div*

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Let's not give people the wrong idea, here. This has a lot more to do with your giant stash from winning D3 for years (and you pay for season and a monthly card and stuff as well if I'm not mistaken?) than your measly mod compensation. You were lucky enough to start the game early and farm D3 rewards while the mechanics were super basic, top rewards were much higher, and not playing like shit was basically enough to ensure constant wins as long as you had old account advantage (as were plenty of other veterans, a fair bit still around).

Let´s give others not the wrong idea: no it´s not. I don´t buy cards(I´ve only bought 2 plats back when mythic norou appeared.. and one very early ) .. nor do I season pass now ..  I win D3 yes but most of them ( basically all except for like 3-5 ) were after the change. MY biggest income is and was mod kobans idk if I can mention a number.. but mod kobans are basically winning 3 D3´s now.. so those are the big game changer. (ok I get more because I do discord too now but still).. I never had a few hundreds of thousands of kobans.. I´ve crossed the 100k ever since I became a mod and never crossed 180k .. I was back at 60k kobans when the 1st ? or 2nd Sb released.

Not being able to afford the 3rd girl while being a mod is.. sorry to say that.. just bad resource mgt.
And I do notice.. I really do.. every DB is at least 1/3rd of my stash.

• Thinking 2
  • Surprised :O 1

5 hours ago, holymolly said:

idk if I can mention a number.. but mod kobans are basically winning 3 D3´s now.. so those are the big game changer.

I'm unclear on this as well. I don't think we're strictly forbidden to mention it, but it's not exactly public knowledge either. I'd rather err on the side of caution and keep private the details of our respective agreements with Kinkoid to operate as mods. That was one of the things I edited out of my post earlier on.

Since you've given a ballpark that's very misleading (unless you're somehow compensated a lot more than me or other mods with whom I shared this info, or perhaps you're projecting based on the future increase for Tier 3 mods)... I'll give numbers from my own past.

Spoiler

When I enrolled as a mod three years ago, my monthly compensation was 12k kos (and as far as I'm aware, that was the standard back then, at least my two fellow HH EN forum mods had the same). And that was peanuts compared to a D3 win at the time, which was still 14k weekly. for those lucky über veterans who could safely grab that almost every week (top 4 was higher than it is now too, don't remember the exact amount). I didn't even reach regular top 4s in that old system, let alone any win. By the time I won my first D3, the reward had been literally halved (7k down from 14k), and my mod compensation didn't see any durable increase for the first couple of years. Then as the game became more and more expensive and I did more and more mod work, I eventually received a small "raise" of an extra 1k. It's only in the current era, still very recent (to me), long after Ken, Finder and you joined, and Sly and George (and then Ken, and Finder) quit (and Noacc got promoted to another department and Tohru took over as my assigned CM) that I got a more substantial boost in my mod kobans (+50% from where I had started). All this time, I occasionally got 7k (13 times in total so far) from winning a league, and more frequently 4k from a top 4. I still had to settle for the 2-3k top 15 and chill most weeks. Which was about as much as my mod kobans for most of my tenure as a mod.

Meanwhile, and fairly much every single time I remember you making a report in the LAA thread, you've been winning your D3s (maybe sometime settling for a top 4), including by your own admission at least a few times pre-nerf, back when that was 14k. It sounds like you might have been getting a higher mod compensation than me for some reason on top of that, but even then it's clear your main source of kobans was still your weekly 7k rather than your monthly... somewhere between almost one pre-nerf D3 win and two and a half post-nerf wins. Now, they super recently decided to compensate us better starting next month, and as far as I'm aware we all had the same doc to fill for that, so hopefully we get equal "pay" for equal "work", although I suspect everyone will have self-evaluated themselves as a Tier 3 mod regardless of their real amount of work done matching the criteria for that or not. Counting that future "raise" for my current and past resource management wouldn't be very honest, now, would it?

And sorry but you simply confirmed my point with your arguments trying to disprove it. You've passed 100k and you were once close enough to 180k that you distinctly remember not going over that. Plus, you feel it because every time you spend 50-60k on the seasonal BS, that's at least a third of your stash...

That's science-fiction to me, bro. The maximum amount of kobans I ever had at once on my account was about 30k, pretty briefly. My mod kobans definitely help a lot, but even with them and with consistently solid results in leagues for over a year now, I had to make drastic cuts in my monthly koban spending just to catch up with MDs and LDs and shit. I manage my resources better than most, thanks (but you know that, you just claimed the opposite to hurt my feelings because I touched a nerve too, it seems). If I ever get my stash up to 60k, it would be a miracle (especially now that there's whale advantage and the return  of old account advantage against me). For you it's a third of your stash, and you get to regrow it in between BS seasonals. That's not because you're a mod (again, unless you're "paid" like twice as much as me and other mods I know), that's almost exclusively because you get at least 4k and most the time 7k from league every week. You just don't realize it.

Anyway. I'm sure you didn't mean to offend me when you claimed you're koban rich because of your mod compensation, but you did. I didn't mean to offend you by rectifying this (and overshooting by a bit, it seems, although "I don't buy cards except 3 platinums and I no longer buy the season pass now" sounds an awful lot to me like Sly's and others' "Yeah, I'm F2P! except for the monthly subscription, ofc"; I barely spent a bit more than the cost of a single platinum card on this game ever, myself, so that's still a non-negligible difference between our respective budgets). You didn't mean to offend me by oddly defending yourself while also insulting my playing skills. And I didn't mean to offend you by clarifying all of the above.

I don't know if you are or were ever actually compensated more than me for your mod tasks, and I've always heard from other mods that we don't get extra compensation for modding on more platforms, but who knows. If I'm somehow undervalued and under "paid" for this volunteer role despite being one of the most dedicated and qualified persons they ever picked up for it, that's right on par with a lot of my past jobs IRL, after all. What I do know is that your statements here implying that being a mod basically equals swimming in kobans completely clashes with my own experience and reality. My best guess is still that, like many old meta veterans who partook in the easy koban hoarding from the good old days of back when I was just starting the game and the "top" players were basically just the oldest active accounts, you grossly underestimate just how big of a headstart and how deep of an advantage you've enjoyed for years (of which you're still reaping benefits to this day) and, conversely, you overestimate the impact of your mod compensation on your existing fortune. Either way, we're not on equal footing in that regard, and we likely won't ever be, now.

If we get to discuss this any further, it'll probably be for the best to do so privately. No offense meant, nor taken. Have a nice evening, buddy. ;) 🚬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dont know what is going on, but i am too tired to read so i will point that...
i only got first 2 girls (I don't keep name sin memory... unless Pokemon names). My first season event was fairy fae fairytales faux fairyrythm foh fok... or what was the name.... and it was awful xD I had no idea what was... to me done xD
some of you shared some ideas, and yeah getting the big card as soon as you can is great help. So save Kobans , necessary always when season event is coming. 
I wish i got them all, and i will admit the wardrobe meticulous drawing got me harder then them being naked and all... (yes, i have issues.... i am an alien👽 from a mother of another planet🌑 from another dimension of another galaxy🌠)

i continue playing and getting the rewards. I really only used kobans for the cards in this event.
so i'll say it was good run for me. :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm unclear on this as well. I don't think we're strictly forbidden to mention it, but it's not exactly public knowledge either. I'd rather err on the side of caution and keep private the details of our respective agreements with Kinkoid to operate as mods. That was one of the things I edited out of my post earlier on.

Since you've given a ballpark that's very misleading (unless you're somehow compensated a lot more than me or other mods with whom I shared this info, or perhaps you're projecting based on the future increase for Tier 3 mods)... I'll give numbers from my own past. 

I don´t and it´s not really misleading imho. I mentioned that I get more now since I´ve become an EN discord mod too. I´ve gotten the same amount like you and every other mod that´s modding 1 place. I´ve been getting more than that since April of this year iirc.. that´s when I started modding discord too.

And sorry but you simply confirmed my point with your arguments trying to disprove it. You've passed 100k and you were once close enough to 180k that you distinctly remember not going over that. Plus, you feel it because every time you spend 50-60k on the seasonal BS, that's at least a third of your stash...

That's science-fiction to me, bro. The maximum amount of kobans I ever had at once on my account was about 30k, pretty briefly. My mod kobans definitely help a lot, but even with them and with consistently solid results in leagues for over a year now, I had to make drastic cuts in my monthly koban spending just to catch up with MDs and LDs and shit. I manage my resources better than most, thanks (but you know that, you just claimed the opposite to hurt my feelings because I touched a nerve too, it seems). 

Idk how you read it but I said that I was able to pass 100k because I got mod kobans not before. To give you some hard numbers..that´s how I like to make examples at least not a wild guess or me eyeballing it.. I´ve been between 20k ( which has always been my savety net) and 50k before I got mod kobans.
And no I did not say that because I wanted to hurt your feeling but because I´m just genuinely shocked about the amount of kobans.

If I ever get my stash up to 60k, it would be a miracle (especially now that there's whale advantage and the return  of old account advantage against me). For you it's a third of your stash, and you get to regrow it in between BS seasonals. That's not because you're a mod (again, unless you're "paid" like twice as much as me and other mods I know), that's almost exclusively because you get at least 4k and most the time 7k from league every week. You just don't realize it.

I do get at least top4 most of the weeks that´s true. and I win leagues ..well compared to your average casual here.. maybe quite often. But it´s not like the wins don´t cost anything.. you gotta refill.. use boosters etc.. it all costs kobans. When I said mod kobans is almost 3 D3 wins I meant it  because usually a D3 win nets around 4-5k take that amount x3 and there we go ..we´re at the amount of kobans you, me and every other mod (again for 1 place) gets.

Anyway. I'm sure you didn't mean to offend me when you claimed you're koban rich because of your mod compensation, but you did. I didn't mean to offend you by rectifying this (and overshooting by a bit, it seems, although "I don't buy cards except 3 platinums and I no longer buy the season pass now" sounds an awful lot to me like Sly's and others' "Yeah, I'm F2P! except for the monthly subscription, ofc"; I barely spent a bit more than the cost of a single platinum card on this game ever, myself, so that's still a non-negligible difference between our respective budgets). You didn't mean to offend me by oddly defending yourself while also insulting my playing skills. And I didn't mean to offend you by clarifying all of the above.

I did not want to offend you, again. I truly did not and I´m not trying to do so with this answer either. I just wanted to correct your guess/ false idea or whatever it is that I´m on some crazy whale/ day one player or @govenants amount of kobans ( he´s the prime example of crazy rich because of leagues but also an og mod.. and well.. let´s just say.. that´s easily 3-6x my highest ever amount of kobans).

I didn't mean to offend you by rectifying this (and overshooting by a bit, it seems, although "I don't buy cards except 3 platinums and I no longer buy the season pass now" sounds an awful lot to me like Sly's and others' "Yeah, I'm F2P! except for the monthly subscription, ofc"; I barely spent a bit more than the cost of a single platinum card on this game ever, myself, so that's still a non-negligible difference between our respective budgets). You didn't mean to offend me by oddly defending yourself while also insulting my playing skills. And I didn't mean to offend you by clarifying all of the above.

First, I said 2 plats :P ..Secondly I never said I´m f2p :P .. and third, I stopped buying them in April when the whole SB fuck up happened(which I´m still mad about at how they handled it tbh) so yeah.. I did a SB without any season pass rewards now.. and I can say it costs more now yes..the card clearly helped but the card is ..correct me if I´m wrong, I´m just eyeballing it here because I don´t feel like going through the whole season pass rewards.. about 500 SB points +/- prolly a bit less so about 5k kobans per SB.

What I do know is that your statements here implying that being a mod basically equals swimming in kobans completely clashes with my own experience and reality. My best guess is still that, like many old meta veterans who partook in the easy koban hoarding from the good old days of back when I was just starting the game and the "top" players were basically just the oldest active accounts, you grossly underestimate just how big of a headstart and how deep of an advantage you've enjoyed for years (of which you're still reaping benefits to this day) and, conversely, you overestimate the impact of your mod compensation on your existing fortune. Either way, we're not on equal footing in that regard, and we likely won't ever be, now.

Idk if it helps but maybe check my player page ^^.. I started end of March 2018 ..with a gap of 2 months plus.. suuuper casual ever before I started competing in leagues  .. which was probably when I joined my club so ..idk..? around summer 2018. I mean someone could go and check my first post if the exact day really makes any difference. You started later yes.. but you´ve been a mod for longer so I feel like this equals out my league kobans I go for starting earlier. Maybe not completely but that´s not the point, I´m not trying to say you have to have the same amount I do. So basically no or well no significant( as in the 350-350k+ you mentioned I should have) headstart koban-wise.  I´m sure we can do the the exact or well almost exact maths on how many kobans we´ve gotten ever since we started playing but I don´t think either of us is keen on it and I´m sure it´s not more than 100k at the veryyyy most. (which is less than I spend so far on the extra SB refills so it´s not meaningful to my and your koban amount now).
But it doesn´t change my point that mod kobans are the main reason why I can still try to get them all. For me at least.  I´m playing hh on nu completely f2p.. never got a dime in mod kobans.. nor have I ever bought something over there .. plus we didn´t get a lot of the big koban codes from back in the day over there either. So I dare to presume..I know how much kobans f2p´s get. I have basically the same amount of SB girls you have here over there.. plus all all mythics and most LD´s and I´ve maybe won like 5-8 more leagues on nu than you on hh. That being said I´m around 13k nubans there.. even though I´ve been doing 15x and 10x for months there because I simply can´t bother with a second account nowadays. The game changer for SB or for getting all/ most girls thus.. again for me at least.. are mod kobans. I don´t mean to say that you have to do so too.. I just said that the 3rd girl shouldn´t be any issue for people like us that get extra kobans for modding. Afterall you´re not a random who doesn´t know shit about how stuff works in the game but someone with a lot of knowlegde about it so.. that´s why I was so shocked.

If we get to discuss this any further, it'll probably be for the best to do so privately. No offense meant, nor taken. Have a nice evening, buddy. ;) 🚬

I don´t think nor feel like discussion this further.. nor like we needed to start with this really tbh ^^´.. Again I don´t mean to insult or offend you, I simply wanted to correct your claim about my kobans/ my headstart because it´s far ..very far from the amount you had in mind/ mentioned.

Cheers :P .. damn that´s a long text.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, holymolly said:

damn that´s a long text.

Yeah, but that was worth it (for me at least), so thanks for sharing and listening. There are still a few points on which we misunderstood each other a bit, I feel (like the 350k kobans, I mentioned that as the kind of stash Sly used to have, not you. George "only" had around 200k back then, and I got that your own stash maxes out at around 180k instead; these are all just as astronomical numbers to me anyway). Winning a league or even ensuring a top 4 (most of the time) costs me plenty of kobans too, obviously. It was unclear to me you had net profit in mind rather than just the reward at face value. But overall this cleared the air enough for me.

I was shocked by your statements but now I'm genuinely curious what I might be doing so differently (and presumably so wrong) that I'm not swimming in kobans although I apparently should according to your testimony (and a few others'; I distinctly remember a few other mods being surprised I couldn't afford all MDs back when we all started chatting together, and me being stunned they assumed I could at the time).

Before mod kobans, my stash varied between 0k and 10k. I distinctly remember relying on my mod kobans to afford PoA multiple times (because it was more flexible back then and it wasn't unusual to get the credit at the end of the month rather than at the beginning of the following month). Nowadays, it's roughly between 10k and 25k. I definitely gave up on the koban path of PoA in December, and I've been doing any and all MDs, MDRs, LDs and LDRs to catch up for about a year now (slooowly, but maybe surely, assuming they eventually revive all the Year One MDs I'm still missing, besides Estelle). I still buy any and all PoVs, if that matters. No need for PoG as I never missed any LC (but neither have you).

Spoiler

I still feel you underestimate the long-term PvP advantage starting early gave you, and how that in turn allowed you to get more and more comfortable koban income over time, even post-nerf (along with basically all decent players from your "generation", and even more so previous "generations" who stuck around). The old system was such an imbalanced joke and a desperate environment to be in for those of us who missed that train. And I didn't miss it by as much as many other players, granted, I was just a solid year too late to follow Shal's or your trajectory in that regard. As for your Nutaku account, IIRC it's a bit older than your dot com, right? So it's not that surprising it fares better than mine to this day.

The old system was the gift that keeps on giving, for the ones with the old account advantage: the more you win, the more you win, the more you win. I know back then, I was constantly up in arms (and vice versa) against the personal legends and other self-flattering BS some of the lucky ones made up to feel good about themselves (and their peers) rather than dealing with the gross unfairness of their imbalance-induced structural advantage. A precious few players still believe in those fairy tales to this day (someone recently told me Govs is a tactical genius and that's why I can't beat him, for instance ^^ we both know better than that, and so does Govs himself). We might see a bit of  a revival of that kind of stuff now that the old account advantage has been reintroduced (even if there are many other factors these days, and it won't have as big of an impact as it used to). Back then, if you were the only level 500 in your group, and a decent player, you won, period.

But it's entirely plausible that there are other factors coming into play, and I'm not excluding the possibility that I might have holes in my long-term strategy and/or my monthly resource management that you and others filled long ago (mods or otherwise) and that I could or should be in a much better position if I adjusted accordingly. And honestly, if that's the case, it's great and I'm eager to learn and improve further, as always.

I'll go ask you and/or others privately about it. We went off topic long enough, although I'm hoping that was at least a bit informative or entertaining for some.

Thanks for the exchange, dude. ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have gotten the first two girls and reached the event orb as planned with medium and big cards. I'm done with this event. The girls look good with the 0-poses. I'll enjoy the rest of the artwork when I recover from all these events.

image.png

• Like 2

I'am 350 points away from Abrael. Do i spend kobans to get her? Hell no. I got the medium card to get additonal combativity for the Mythic and some bonus ressources, thats it.

Those girls will come around again an i will get them then eventually. Except for the patreon girls, nothing is 100% exclusive.

Edit: Well, i gave in and spend around 2,5k Kobans to ge the second girl and i know excatly that i will hate myself when the mythics revivals are coming in :)

Edited by Magic1986
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 2

I'm closing at 6354 points. Last week I had to stop doing league fights to demote back from D3, so potentially if I had not been promoted, I would have got ~250 points more. I suppose I'll survive even without those 80 physical gems.

I won't get any card, because Abraël is, by far, the girl I like the least of the four. Spending 3960 kobans for the big card would bring my kobans stash down to 968 kobans, and I don't feel like putting myself in that situation for a girl I don't particularly like. (If *any* of the other three girls had been the second reward instead of Abraël, I would have spent those kobans without batting an eye)

• Like 1
  • Hug 3

@Antimon To each their own. They're all at or near the highest art quality this game ever had, although they're not all equal, and taste or other subjective preferences come into play as always. In my case (from the few sneak peeks I took of the poses, but ofc I don't and won't have the full picture anytime soon, if ever), Piper would be the one I'd rate a tidbit lower than the other three (mainly because the pose art feels just a bit less polished than usual for such a monster of an artist as Venus, and she also somewhat recycled a couple of poses, although she has yet to resort to outright tracing or copypasta as all the other artists still do more or less regularly, including superstar Ben; in her case she just used similar elements as some of her past works, but she clearly still made new drawings from them). Abraël and Selena would be a tie for the best two, and Eugénie maybe just a tad behind them (though again I might adjust my opinion once I see the full scenes and pics for the ones I can grab).

--------

This is driving me nuts, now. :/🚬

image.png

I've already used all of the Fists and Kisses from the new PoV (usefully, it's the first really easy one we get since they've added otherwise impossibly high new rewards at the end of the track, so I was easily able to grab the full main reward track in one go, by giving up on CbC day 1; doesn't really matter anyway, there won't be any girl I'm missing in there until Feb or March 2024, then none again until 2026 or something). I could make the next PoA harder than usual and use all Fists and Kisses from the Season right now, which would give me another 175 points (assuming I don't take any more defeats). Which would leave me still 1,054 short. That would cost me 11,340 kobans, leaving me with a koban "stash" of 4.6k. Aka basically naked for the upcoming LD/LDR, both upcoming MDRs, the mega-OD slash KV, and then some.

However, should I do super well in leagues and/or should one of my fellow mods who knows the koban-swimming techniques of the Ancients Ones that still elude me take me under their wing and teach them to me, and should I manage to stay afloat without missing out throughout July... My mod kobans would fix everything by early August. ^^

Thankfully this is a BB month, not a DP one. We don't know for a fact that the extra Estelle MDR will be this month, either, so maybe I'm lucky and that's in August instead. I could do the bare minimum and stop at 40% of each girl in LD/LDR to minimize the cost. KV shouldn't cost me any koban given my EP orb stash. I should get the KC girl automatically due to my legacy HCL collection. So, if all of that aligns just right, the only big ask left would be raising my koban stash up to at least 10k by the time Noemy's MDR comes around. Which should be doable if I play very close to the chest and don't do too bad in leagues, maybe grab a contest win or two.

Really the biggest variable that might utterly screw me is the timing of Estelle's MDR. If it's the 2-day festive event that starts on Monday along with LD, then I'd be properly fucked. If it's in August instead, I should be fine. But unless I can find a hint somewhere, that's a BIG gamble. I really can't let such an old must-have MD girl as Estelle pass me by a third time.

EDIT: It seems pretty likely that it will be neither of the above; she probably won't be the one revived this Monday, but then she'd come back at the end of this month rather than in August. Which would mean my challenge should I proceed to burn 11k to get Selena would actually be to raise my koban stash to 20k by then, not just 10k for Noemy (I have enough SPs in stock for both). Sounds pretty damn tough.

Thoughts? Anything I'm not taking into account? Would this be a bad move or should I go for it? (Anyone, please. Any advice would be appreciated. Although @holymolly in particular, I'm genuinely curious if you'd consider grabbing Selena a big mistake or a step in the right direction, given my current situation and after our long talk on the topic.)

Edited by DvDivXXX
edit

56 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

EDIT: It seems pretty likely that it will be neither of the above; she probably won't be the one revived this Monday, but then she'd come back at the end of this month rather than in August. Which would mean my challenge should I proceed to burn 11k to get Selena would actually be to raise my koban stash to 20k by then, not just 10k for Noemy (I have enough SPs in stock for both). Sounds pretty damn tough.

Thoughts? Anything I'm not taking into account? Would this be a bad move or should I go for it? (Anyone, please. Any advice would be appreciated. Although @holymolly in particular, I'm genuinely curious if you'd consider grabbing Selena a big mistake or a step in the right direction, given my current situation and after our long talk on the topic.)

Imo she´s prolly the best girl both art and game usuability wise.. especially someone like you, who loves Venus´art.. it´s not a mistake but well..expensive so you gotta decide if she´s worth it for you ^^ .. I mean let´s be honest.. at the end of the day.. the game´s still about fun/ getting the girls you like the most ..no need to masochist trying to get them all

Then again.. she´s prolly double the cost of any other 5 star .. so you´re effectively losing out on 1 5 star for her at the very least. If I were in your situation..I prolly wouldn´t go for her.. I think.. just because I like to have a savety net at all times ( unless I´m selling my soul for more norou and bianca ofc) but then again.. it´s you the no1 venus fan so idk man..do what you want I guess :D  (this sounds a lot like you really want her so maybe just bite the damn apple :P )

• Like 1
  • uwu 1

13 minutes ago, holymolly said:

sounds a lot like you really want her so maybe just bite the damn apple

What gave it away? Was it the fact that I've been obsessing over her for weeks and in a dozen posts? ^^

You know what, that's exactly what I needed to hear (well that and the fact that it's not Estelle coming back in two days). Worst case scenario, I'll skip Noemy's MDR to secure Estelle's instead, if I can't have both. It will be a small dent in my strat to catch up on all the mythics, but Noemy is hardly as essential and much more likely to return sooner than Estelle.

Plus yeah, I really, really want Selena. :$🚬

Random rationalization, here: with all those extra PvE fights, and the nicely timed 3-day trial for the monthly card making x50s koban-free, I should grab a lot of blue gems for Estelle in the process.

Goddamn it, I'm going for it! :ph34r:💨

EDIT:

Two seconds later:
image.png

It's a sign, right? It has to be a sign. ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

Hard for a advice. 4,6K Koban are not really much. Unitl the end of the (potential) MDR at 12th you can gain aditional 800 Koban, and I don't know if you have Koban in Season claimable or expect to get claimable until the end of the 2Day event. Same for Contest/PoP results. From the pure Data you reported to us I would say: with the chance to get some hundred Koban from Contests/PoPs (and so reach 6K)you can risk to gain for Selena and are succesfull in an early MDR at 10th-12th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, fuck everything. :( I didn't expect the amount of lag and bugs I faced while doing my PvE refill/fights x50 by x50, it was crazy ("invalid battle start", a lot freeze, and eventually just "forbidden"). I got booted out, had to return with VPN and eventually got caught by reset time just before unlocking her. I even ended up with 50 Fists I had time to buy but wasn't able to use.

image.png

I've sent a support ticket, hopefully poignant enough that they'll have mercy on me (I haven't contacted them in ages, so at least this won't get me banned for spamming). Otherwise, I'm double fucked. Burned away most of my kobans, didn't get the girl. Fuck me sideways. V_v

• Sad 5
  • Hug 8