[ June 7th, 2023 ] Seasonal Event - Clockwork Lassies

Ravi-Sama

Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)

• ​ Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals)
    • Quartermaster Abraël ⚪ (9,000 Xtals)
    • Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals)​​​​​​​
    • ​ Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals)
    • All.
    • None.
  2. 2. Which girls do you expect to recruit? (multiple choice)

• ​ Boatswain Eugenie 🟣 (4,600 Xtals)
    • Quartermaster Abraël ⚪ (9,000 Xtals)
    • Navigator Selena 🔵 (13,500 Xtals)​​​​​​​
    • ​ Captain Piper 🔵 (18,000 Xtals)
    • All.
    • None.
  3. 3. Which event cards to you expect to get, besides the free one? (multiple choice)

• Medium (1,980 kos)
    • Big (3,960 kos)
    • Both (med + big) 5,940 kos
    • Premium ($49.99)
    • None.
  4. 4. When do you think is the best time to buy the event cards? (31 day duration - June 7th to July 7th)

• ASAP
    • June 10th for the LD/DP.
    • June 14th for the OD/SM.
    • June 15th for the KC.
    • June 23rd for Bright Agate's MDR.
    • June 25th for the PoA.
    • July 3rd to 5th for the next MD.
    • Never

i was not really with this event as i was absent most of the month.

i bought both cards on the last MD which brought me near the second girl. and i got her with some kisses . i still hae enough for the KC girl.

i have not looked to neither this topi or the banner inside the game and i was surprised with the version of Abrael . i like this vesion very much

SE june 2023.JPG

• Like 3

I agree that this set of 4 is one of the best sets they have ever done.  All the girls are well done.  I got to the second girl buying both cards when going for the Mythic.  It was a bummer that Piper was the fourth girl.  I am a Piper partisan. 

• Like 3

9 ore fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

@Antimon To each their own. They're all at or near the highest art quality this game ever had, although they're not all equal, and taste or other subjective preferences come into play as always. In my case (from the few sneak peeks I took of the poses, but ofc I don't and won't have the full picture anytime soon, if ever), Piper would be the one I'd rate a tidbit lower than the other three (mainly because the pose art feels just a bit less polished than usual for such a monster of an artist as Venus, and she also somewhat recycled a couple of poses, although she has yet to resort to outright tracing or copypasta as all the other artists still do more or less regularly, including superstar Ben; in her case she just used similar elements as some of her past works, but she clearly still made new drawings from them). Abraël and Selena would be a tie for the best two, and Eugénie maybe just a tad behind them (though again I might adjust my opinion once I see the full scenes and pics for the ones I can grab).

For me Selena was the absolute best of the event (I sincerely hope support will help you get her, given the super laggy server that played against you, Div), with Eugeniè almost on the same level. I put Piper as second/third only because there's something with her 4th pose that, at least to me, seems off, mainly (but not only) with her boobs. If it weren't for that 4* pose, I'd have probably put all these three girls very close to each other. 

Abraël is still undoubtly a great work, but, to me, she has two poses with a "something off" situation, which are the 2* and the 5* one (and this feeling of mine is especially strong with the 5* pose). Going down to less than 1k kobans accumulated to get a girl I wasn't super convinced about didn't seem like a great deal.

Edited by Antimon
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Redbeard said:

I agree that this set of 4 is one of the best sets they have ever done.  All the girls are well done.  I got to the second girl buying both cards when going for the Mythic.  It was a bummer that Piper was the fourth girl.  I am a Piper partisan. 

i also was aiming for her. i was having itches every time i looked at her...
I think i need a doctor check these itches

• Juicy peach 1
  • Boner time! 🍆 1

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Well, fuck everything. :( I didn't expect the amount of lag and bugs I faced while doing my PvE refill/fights x50 by x50, it was crazy ("invalid battle start", a lot freeze, and eventually just "forbidden"). I got booted out, had to return with VPN and eventually got caught by reset time just before unlocking her. I even ended up with 50 Fists I had time to buy but wasn't able to use.

image.png

I've sent a support ticket, hopefully poignant enough that they'll have mercy on me (I haven't contacted them in ages, so at least this won't get me banned for spamming). Otherwise, I'm double fucked. Burned away most of my kobans, didn't get the girl. Fuck me sideways. V_v

Well that really sucks, i hope the support figures this one out.

The Server ws really, i mean REALLY slow yesterday. couldn't even grab money from the harem without forbidden / server error 500 spam.

Edited by Magic1986
  • Thanks 1

I got Selena without spending any Kobans explicitly for her, but it was very close and not for free. As I had no single other blue 5* legendary (or mythic) girl, I knew from the start that I'd invest much to get her, being a huge benefit for PvP. And IMO she is the most beautiful one of those 4 girls 😘:

Selena.thumb.png.84f0bd240a0069b32caa7138f338e909.png

Here is how I reached the 13,500 Xtals:

• I have a silver card which gives +2 kisses each day.
  • I never missed any daily goal chest.
  • I fully completed all season/PoV/PoG including bonus paths/season pass.
  • I used the two available hero level CP and kiss rewards, but without hero pass.
  • In current season I reached tier 62 and used all free and pass kiss rewards and sadly also the tier 49 CP rewards. So for upcoming KC I am fucked, and any of the upcoming events which require CP will be more expensive, or I need to pass them.
  • I fully completed the DP and bought the bonus path (not 100% sure why).
  • I fully completed PoA but without bonus path.
  • I got one girl from last LD without SP, so I needed to spend significantly more CP. And I was also unlucky with a pretty bad drop rate, probably because I farmed the villain's tier 2 girl in parallel (does this really not affect LD drop chance?). I bought two of this new kind of bundles during LD, those with kobans+Ymens+CPs+EqP orbs and a quite good value/price ratio. After I bought a bigger one, a smaller one appeared, which i couldn't resist. I don't remember exactly, but those probably gave about 300 CP together, and a few thousand Kobans. But I could not participate for the second LD girl, as I did not have that villain unlocked yet.
  • I could not participate in MR, as I did no have the villain unlocked, but I got last MD girl, as can be seen above.
  • I invested a few kobans for CP refills to get the 2nd last OD girl from villains (i.e. just one was missing in the end), concurrently to last SM and DP events with some synergy.
  • I did (of course) get the small and big cards, but I was stupid and did so right at the beginning of the event. I thought that I anyway need to clear villains (which was right), but of course this could have been done during LD/MR/MD as well, when clearing the villain gives you some event girl shards (without SP) as well. However, this of course means that LD or MD (whatever would have been the alternative event to buy the cards) was significantly more expensive for me, i.e. I needed to buy more refills than I would have needed with the accumulated cards' CP bonus. Using the cards more effectively would have implied those Xtals missing at the end of the SE. So after all, as I definitely wanted to get Selena, I did no really loose anything.
  • I am generally taking much care to not loose any energies from natural regeneration. I empty the storages at night sufficiently to not have any of them filled while I am sleeping, but as close to max when new contests appear. The increased storage due to silver card is mandatory for this, mostly for league tickets but also for CP. This also means that I never collected event rewards above storage to use in a future event, like PoA CP rewards for MD. I never bought refills up to storage cap, but always in small portions and similarly I claim rewards in small portions and use them before claiming the next.
  • In season I only cared about the win chance and mostly ignored Mojo. Despite this, I reached tier 73 and in current season am at tier 62.7, so close to reach all mandatory rewards with 22 days left. So trading win chance for Mojo only very rarely makes sense (when you urgently need to reach a certain reward now), otherwise the more Mojo you gain now, the less you get afterwards, so it equalises itself, at least partly. I always end(ed) up in top 300 with mostly 1 Mojo opponents anyway.
  • I got 80 extra kisses from the first two champions' last stages.
  • Since I was always the by far lowest level player in league, I lost quite many fights. 134 wins vs 168 defeats in D2 last week. This week I invested some cordys and AMEs to have 131 wins vs 9 defeats until now, also with the SE in mind.

Trying to extract the main differences which made me get her: Loose nearly no CP/kiss from natural regeneration; ignore Mojo but only care about win chance in season; being dumb using the cards' rewards and also some other event rewards inefficiently, which made the LD and/or MD girls more expensive, but the additional required CP refills got me closer to Selena in the same turn; Sacrificing the current season's kiss rewards => KC and CP rewards as well. However, it was fully worth it, as Selena is not only very valuable for PvP but will also help me in upcoming BB. Not sure if BB is as easy with a pure "common" blue girl team?

Edited by Horsting
  • GG 2

20 minuti fa, Horsting ha scritto:
  • I got one girl from last LD without SP, so I needed to spend significantly more CP. And I was also unlucky with a pretty bad drop rate, probably because I farmed the villain's tier 2 girl in parallel (does this really not affect LD drop chance?)

Yep. Permanent girls could be problematic if you want to use SPs, since they could eat out some of the bonus shards instead of the event girl, but other than that, their presence does not lower the drop chance for any event girl

• Like 3

il y a 51 minutes, Horsting a dit :

I got one girl from last LD without SP, so I needed to spend significantly more CP

You spend more CP : yes. But from kobans point of view, it's almost equal during LD. So, it's a very good move.
Personaly, I never use SP outside MD (or MDR).

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 4

I could have challenged the villain at tier 1 and used SP, but decided intentionally against it, evaluating the benefit of other villain drops, including the tier 2 girl, and SE progress against the price of the LD girl. As of the far below average drop chance I was faced with, I did regret not using SPs on tier 1, but after all it was not too bad, considering the anyway needed Xtals. If I knew everything in the first place, the only thing I could have done better is to use the addition CPs during SM and OD, where I would have gotten the last OD villain girl and SM keys, or during MD even after getting the girl (or using 1-2 less SPs), to benefit from the additional MPx1 orb drops. But especially for me it was impossible to know or calculate all this in the first place, so all good.

EDIT: @Tom208 indeed we did some math and discussion here: While pure koban costs for the LD girl are in average a little lower with SPs, the other villain rewards (and in this case Xtals) turn it probably around. But the SPs help against bad luck, so when you have a limited koban stock and really want the girl(s), I think next time I'd use the SPs to narrow down the expected amount of needed CPs. However, as always, situational.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

YES! 🙏

image.png

image.png

I'm so relieved! Mimir, you've made my day, and my week, possibly my month, even. I gave you all 5/5 on the Survey. Thank you so, so, so much. ❤️❤️❤️ 

---------

Spoiler

Little known fact, to me at least (I'm guessing it's a pretty recent addition, although as I said I hadn't sent a support ticket in a long time before this one, so I don't know when this was added exactly). Every time you send a ticket and it's handled, you have the opportunity to take a customer satisfaction survey on it afterwards (which is clear, fair and simple I must say, in contrast with some of the larger surveys we get periodically outside of the game). You can give a rating between 1 (worst) and 5 (best) on multiple different criteria, such as how clear the answer was, how fast it came, how satisfactory the solution was etc.

This is a great idea, imho. And it's a way to let Kinkoid know how you feel about their customer service without sending them a ticket just to say "thank you" in this case. I encourage everyone to take these whenever you interact with support, and be honest for each question (knowing this type of job, there's no doubt that the average results from these must have a direct impact on support staff's reviews, so don't just give them the lowest score everywhere just because you're dissatisfied; this happened to me or my team many times IRL and it feels terrible especially when you were simply applying a company policy and had no option to grant the customer's request, but were otherwise nice about it).

In most companies I've worked for there was something similar, automated and/or randomized, and usually if a customer gave the lowest possible score for every question, the review was discarded (thankfully), but I have no idea if it's the case for Kinkoid. Try to be as fair and honest as possible for each individual question (for instance, here I sent my ticket during the weekend when they're not working, and I got my answer first thing Monday morning, so even if the answer had been negative, I would have given the highest score for response time, etc.)

You can find the survey button directly on the ticket screen once it's been answered:

image.png

• Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 3
  • GG 4

I'm very glad you got the girl in the end 🥳

But please, next time avoid to do your refills in the last minutes of a 31 days event 😁
(it doesn't cost so much more kobans to do that a few hours before the end of the event 😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35! :$ And yeah, ofc, this is not the type of oversight I usually make. It's just that in this case I was still torn whether I should spend that much kobans for this one L5 or not until the final hour. ^^ And when I finally decided to go for it, the lag, bug and freeze banged up on me (but yeah, lesson learned; I got a one-time exception this time, so next time I better make up my mind earlier than that).

• Like 1

It was a 31 days event (7th of June -> 8th of July) like the other seasonal event before (only one exception : the seasonal event in October 2022 that lasted 15 days) 😉

Il y a 11 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

(but yeah, lesson learned; I got a one-time exception this time, so next time I better make up my mind earlier than that).

THANK YOU 😁

• Surprised :O 1

Indeed. Path of Glory always lasts 35 days 😉

il y a 25 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

Wait, wait, wait... Where did I get the idea that it lasted 35 days, then? What else lasts 35 days that I got this confused with? :/ Am I losing my mind?

Don't worry. I already thought the same thing in the past 😄

• Juicy peach 1

1 hour ago, Rylarth said:

I am pretty sure some path of glorys in the past have Lasted 35 days i think it might depend on the month though since some are shorter but I think they might be set to a fixed value of 35 days

Uh, not only "some" - all PoG lasted 35 days so far. Nothing to do with months - months doesn't matter for PoG durations. PoG is allways 5 weeks and so 35 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1