[ July 10th, 2023 ] Seasonal Recumming

Ravi-Sama

I have a question, might be stupid, so, please... un-stupid me. XD

I got the big card, right as i could. BUt..
If i get the medium card... what i gain with the medium card, will be added together with the big card, daily?

Also:
can someone tell me how the hell you guys make the "achievement line " get smaller?
I have clicked everywhere, and nothing.

Edited by Shirow

9 hours ago, Shirow said:

can someone tell me how the hell you guys make the "achievement line " get smaller?

"HH++" script (either BDSM or OCD version; see here to check either or both).
[Mod edit: no reason to advertise Zoo's fork over Tom's for something they both cover; cheers, Div*]

It also can hide received items from PoV, PoG, Season, etc. And do many other things

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: added information
  • Like 1

3 ore fa, renalove ha scritto:

Premium card for only 10 days is too expensive. Better to buy an event bundle instead.

Premium card:
image.jpeg.67fb9e3cda86280363cdc0857cd20bd4.jpeg

Event bundle:
image.jpeg.4b4ec2cccafb376df61d827a05c893e7.jpeg

Honestly, the fact that event cards give out the exact same amount of daily resources AND they cost the exact same amount of kobans/real money no matter the duration of the SB is another entire layer of buillshitness.

But then again, citing myself, we cannot apply normal logical thinking to KK's doings, I guess.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Antimon said:

Honestly, the fact that event cards give out the exact same amount of daily resources AND they cost the exact same amount of kobans/real money no matter the duration of the SB is another entire layer of buillshitness.

Not exactly: Since you need less Xtals to gain the same rewards, the cards have a higher value. The CP and kiss rewards on their own do not give you more, but the Xtals they give you for villain/season fights, as well as the direct Xtals from cards, have a 25,000 / 6250 = 4 times higher value than before.

EDIT: But a big downside this time is that one cannot fully use the CP rewards for a particular MD/MDR. Also saving them for next regular MDR means to skip 3 days natural regeneration, IMO not worth it for 150 CP. So yeah, this time it is mostly about whether the 2nd girl is worth 1980 kobans for you, and in case the 3rd girl 3960 kobans, with a fair chance to get the 4th + some additional rewards, if you did seriously participate anniversary MDR and LD.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Best seasonal event ever! Why? I already have all the girls, so no need to think about this at all. Pretty stoked to be able to skip this one, and just collect whatever with the free card.

To be fair, for anyone needing the Mythic Revival, this could be good.

Edited by Zteev
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Horsting said:

4 times higher value than before.

That seems a bit high to me... :ph34r:🚬

And they still cost the same flat koban amounts (or real money, for those with a financial domination fetish or lots of disposable income) for 10 days worth of stuff as what 35 days worth of stuff costs in regular SE. So proportionally, they're over 3 times more expensive.

If your maths check out and they give 4 times the value, then it might technically still be either a wash or even a tidbit more valuable on paper compared to a regular SE's event cards ("4 for the price of 3 point something!", the sticker would say on the shelf, and what a steal this sounds like... "only" 3.99 instead of 4.00, anyone? ^^).

But in terms of how useful and flexible they are for the high koban expense (and/or again, real money for those into that), these don't come even close to a full 35-day SE's cards. There's a lot of value in the ability to hoard and spend resources in bulk, in this game. But it scales up or down along with the amount of resources (and also how well the timing matches the event schedule as you already mentioned). Spending 6k near the end of a full SE gives a lot of that value, especially properly timed with a big koban sink event type. Enough that even though it's still a bit more expensive than just spending kobans on the MD or MDR directly, spending about 2k more this way doesn't feel bad and it's kind of a small price to pay for the extra convenience and progress on SE along with your big koban sink event. These can't scale as well in that regard, even if they lined up perfectly with MDR or something similar.

Honestly, I think they just forgot to adjust the prices down or the daily gains up. It's a smaller, lower-stakes event than a regular SE. It's a surprise and gives a shorter and juicier reward track (aside from the low-value and pretty off girl selection, for those who don't have them). Its event cards shouldn't cost as much as the ones for a 35-day long event with super predatory monetization, on principle alone. They (He) clearly know(s) by now that we hate SE with a passion and most of us agree it's a disgrace and a very big step in the worst possible direction for monetization. This little "revival" style event is meant as a bone thrown our way to make up for it a bit. It doesn't succeed with event cards that costly. These should cost something like 600 kos and 1,500 kos instead of 2k and 4k respectively, to help with the whole "meet me sort of halfway?" vibe that this little extra surprise event is going for.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 430i said:

"Golden Bunny’s Mom"

I'll save for that one then.  I'm actually missing her, as most of us should be.

Seems like the format is 2 Boss Bang Girls, and 2 SE girls.

image.png

image.png

These are the SE girls I'm missing.  Have all of the BB girls of course.

image.png

• Like 3

Interesting. So they seem to be going about this CbC style, as far as girl selection is concerned. If that stays the format and it's a regular thing rather than just a couple of Anniversary specials, then we'd get all girls from one SE across two SERs (along with 4 BBs). With only the 2nd one being truly critical, as it revives the previously purely paywalled girl (and for some of us and some past SEs, the 3rd girl in the first SER might be worth it too).

Tellingly, the "Seasonal" harem filter now includes the first 4 BB girls mentioned here, along with all the actual SE girls.

I'm "only" missing the 5 Paywalls (the 4th girl from all 5 SEs so far) and the one 3rd girl from Winter is Greedy (the Lolop variant... maybe that's what she was trying to hint at through her mysterious apparitions in my harem pages recently? ^^).

The question now becomes: how much would it cost to realistically reach the 4th girl in one of these? More realistic than in a regular SE, that's a given, but still. How much exactly?

11 ore fa, Horsting ha scritto:

Not exactly: Since you need less Xtals to gain the same rewards, the cards have a higher value. The CP and kiss rewards on their own do not give you more, but the Xtals they give you for villain/season fights, as well as the direct Xtals from cards, have a 25,000 / 6250 = 4 times higher value than before.

Come on, now. Most of SBs' rewards are garbage. Girls milestones are cheaper to be achieved, that's true, but still... Just take a look at what renalove posted: the premium card costs 2,5 times the event bundle while giving less than 1,5 times the amount of xtals. And don't say that's because the bundle has a 400× value tag on it 'cause we all know that those tags are just the cherry on top of all the bullshitness

@DvDivXXXbased on @Ravi-Sama's calculations, reaching the 4th girl in this sb revival should cost at the very least ~18k kobans (5940 kobans for the kobans cards + ~12,2k kobans in refill to get those 1130 missing xtals)

Edited by Antimon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Antimon said:

Come on, now. Most of SBs' rewards are garbage.

Between the 3rd girl and the 4th girl, it is 160 all gems, 2 mythic gear and quite some orbs, for an Xtal price which is not far from what you get from current MDR anyway. I was intentionally mention those rewards along with the 4th girl only, since they are significantly lower until the 3rd girl.

2 hours ago, Antimon said:

@DvDivXXXbased on @Ravi-Sama's calculations, reaching the 4th girl in this sb revival should cost at the very least ~18k kobans (5940 kobans for the kobans cards + ~12,2k kobans in refill to get those 1130 missing xtals)

But you cannot calculate a cost of 18k kobans for the single 4th girl. You get two additional girls along the way. I have not counted myself, but Ravi's post sounds like those 1130 Xtals are most likely obtained anyway when participating current MDR and LD. So a fair cost overview would be more like:

• 1st girl for free
  • 1980 kobans for the 2nd girl
  • 3960 kobans for the 3rd girl
  • 12.2k for the 4th girl (indeed quite expensive)

But when seriously participating in MDR + LD, it is reduced to more like:

• 1st and 2nd girl for free
  • 3rd girl for 3960 kobans (big card only)
  • 4th girl for 1980 kobans and either a small number of refills or probably none when also obtaining the KC girl. Depends on whether one gets both LD girls, or one/two just 40 shards, with or without SP etc.

So one girl is for free, another one for a pretty low price or for free as well. and another one or two for a common 5* legendary price, depending on how you participate in the other current events. We will know for sure after it ended 🙂.

• Thanks 1
  • GG 1

Thanks, guys.

Err @Horsting you're overlooking something BIG, here: these are revivals, and on top of that the first two girls are revived from BB, not SE. Most long-time players will have at best one, maybe once every blue moon two girls they're missing in this new SER format. Otherwise, we get 1 EPx10 orb as a consolation prize for reaching a milestone that had a girl we already have. That's nice, but not quite as good as a new L5, especially not for folks who have emptied their EP pool a long time ago.

This first SER has 4 girls, of which I'm missing none. I'm not investing anything into unlocking a few EPx10 orbs.

The next SER will have 4 girls, of which I'll be missing exactly ONE.

Anything and everything I might invest in that SER will be for Golden Bunny's Mom, and nothing else. So whatever that amounts to will very much be the cost of that one L5 in my case (and many players', as anyone who was already past the mid-game when BB started already has all BB girls ever, and most active players grabbed the first two girls in most past SEs).

Edited by DvDivXXX
formatting
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Most long-time players will have at best one, maybe once every blue moon two girls they're missing in this new SER format.

Ah right. So then take my numbers as valid for everyone who does not yet have those 4 girls, or valid until (excluding) the first girl one has already. My point was that the criticism about the event being overpriced and/or cards badly aligned with girl rewards, is not fair/right in this case. That one may have the girls already does not change something about it: E.g. also if one has an MDR girl already, it does not make the MDR unfair or overpriced in general, just something to skip. It was different with the last SE where one could get (new) girls only with a significant additional koban invest (more than one would usually invest for a 5*), and the 4th was not realistically reachable without investing real money.

EDIT: Okay it may be bad for someone who only e.g. misses the 4th girl. In this case of course the price gets unreasonably high.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2

Exactly.

I guess the one hope we might hang on to is that they won't be vicious enough as to place past Paywalls (4th SE girls) on the 4th girl milestone of SER reward tracks too. There might be hope judging by the current SER girl placement:  

23 hours ago, renalove said:

1140 Neferkitty
2200 Jessie
3315 Golden Lupa's Mom
4500 Golden Rabbi
image.jpeg.3e4e040780964311285bba0944dff4de.jpeg

The first two slots are taken up by BB girls (so again, except for newer players, they're actually just EPx10 orbs), but then they've placed the previously harder to get girl (Golden Lupa's Mom) on the 3rd slot, and the previously easy to get 2nd girl (Golden Rabbi) on the final slot.

If they apply a similar (dare I say "logic"?) placement for all future SERs, then the girls from past SEs that most players are missing will be placed on the 3rd girl slot each time. Which would be kind of okay:

On 7/10/2023 at 1:28 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

Girl 3: 3,315 Xtals = Golden Lupa's Mom (Free + Med + Big)

If they keep it this way, then sure, I'd spend 6k kobans for past SE Paywalls and for the occasional past SE 3rd girl that I couldn't reach.

This begs the question of who in their right mind would spend 18k or more on a girl that was formerly a low-hanging fruit to pick in her original SE appearance (Golden Rabbi this time, hopefully Golden Hari in SER #2, and so on), but I guess the answer is obvious: new and future whales. Which kind of fits the spirit of SE.

So... fingers crossed? We'll have to see if they make the dick move of placing Golden Bunny's Mom in the 4th slot or they instead go for the "meet me halfway" vibe I'm sensing so far and put her in the 3rd slot instead. If they do and this becomes the norm, then I'm fine with that.

Current whales get all the girls of a new SE immediately, newer and future whales get all of the girls from past SEs in SER.

Current and active non-whales get the 1st and 2nd girl from a new SE immediately (maybe the 3rd as well, depending on the situation, if there's a free bundle or if they go crazy over Selena and burn 11k for her ^^), and the 4th from SER a year or two later (and maybe the 3rd too if they were more reasonable the first time around).

Newer and future non-whales are pretty much screwed on that front. But that's to be expected at this point (and there's a ton more to worry about for a new or future non-whale player before that).

Il 11/7/2023 in 15:23 , Horsting ha scritto:

But you cannot calculate a cost of 18k kobans for the single 4th girl.

On top of what @DvDivXXXsaid, my comment was a direct answer to his question ("How much would it cost to reach the 4th girl in one of these?") in "absolute terms", and ~18K kobans is the bare minimum investment required, that implies no fight loss in leagues and season, no wasted points from natural regen, and buying both koban cards.

But when seriously participating in MDR + LD, it is reduced to more like:

• 1st and 2nd girl for free
  • 3rd girl for 3960 kobans (big card only)
  • 4th girl for 1980 kobans and either a small number of refills or probably none when also obtaining the KC girl. Depends on whether one gets both LD girls, or one/two just 40 shards, with or without SP etc.

Doing CPs refills for MDR and LD girls can get you a lot of xtals and, while going for those event girls on villains, you collaterally get closer to seasonal events' girls. This surely lowers the amount of kobans you have to spend specifically and only to reach SE girls' milestones, but you are still spending those kobans of yours. And take note that, while spending kobans directly in refills gives you more CPs than those you'd get by buying the event cards (especially in this shortened SE revival version), xtals wise cards are still the better deal: the medium card gives you up to 510 xtals in 10 days at the cost of 1980 kobans; to get that same amount of xtals through direct refills you'd have to spend 5508 kobans.

Yes, in this way you get ~102 shards for LD girls (average, no SP), collaterally you get the second girl of the SER without spending kobans specifically for her, and you can get to the third SER girl by buying the big card only, leaving the medium one there, and it's a good deal for sure. Specifically xtals speaking, though, reaching the third SER girl costed you 3528 kobans more than buying the two kobans cards + no refills. 

Between the 3rd girl and the 4th girl, it is 160 all gems, 2 mythic gear and quite some orbs, for an Xtal price which is not far from what you get from current MDR anyway. I was intentionally mention those rewards along with the 4th girl only, since they are significantly lower until the 3rd girl.

To conclude my rant, 2 mythic gears and 1 MyPx6 orb are good rewards. I find the other rewards barely better than nothing, taking in consideration the effort/investment required to get there, but that's my opinion. Yes, this situation is far less severe than what happens in "normal" SEs, and the cards are undeniably better aligned with girls milestones (and to be honest, it would make so much more sense for this "1 card = 1 guaranteed girl more" equation to be applied in normal SEs, too).

So, let's agree on the fact that kobans cards balance the three times smaller amount of CPs+kisses they give (that no longer covers the actual cost of the cards) with this better alignment with SER girls milestones, which in all honesty is a more than fair statement, as long as you miss all the girls in the way (It is a revival event, with the first two obtainable girls coming from BBs, so this condition mainly applies to new players only, but still).

The Premium card, though, costs twice the amount of real money of the event bundle they introduced today, and compared to this bundle, the card gives only 160 xtals more. I think we can all agree on the fact that this is quite the bad joke.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 2
  • Hearts 1

21 minutes ago, Antimon said:

The Premium card, though, costs twice the amount of real money of the event bundle they introduced today, and compared to this bundle, the card gives only 160 xtals more. I think we can all agree on the fact that this is quite the bad joke.

That is true. Also since the 4th girl can be reached without it, and since someone who would consider buying the SE/R premium card at all surely does not leave MD/R and LD girls behind, there is not really a reason left to buy it, unless being a whale who wants to get each and every reward out of it.

• Like 1

When seasonal event appeared was a nasty surprise, but we thought it was going to appear just once or two times per year only.

Later on, as the name implied, once per season (trimester) was annoying but somewhat bearable,

then passed to be roughly every two months,

but now there are seasonal events EVERY month.

I am expecting TWO SE events in parallel for 2024.

P.S.: Am I starting to like DP event?

• Haha 5

Il y a 2 heures, jelom a dit :

P.S.: Am I starting to like DP event?

Hell, no, of course. At least, seasonal event doesn't force you how and when to play to earn points.
On the other hand, the rewards scale is much more balanced with DP event (not very difficult since the rewards scale in seasonal event isn't balanced at all).

🤔

Well, finally, I won't chose between the plague and cholera: seasonal event and DP event are 2 shitty events 🤮

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I don't think they should bring back the final girl in the seasonal events; Since you have to spend a lot more resources to get her; compared to the other three.
For those who made that investment; it would feel real bad if she then gets revived later on, especially if the cost to get her is lower then it was originally.

Depends on the time between their first appearance and the revival. If the time is long enough (at least 1 year, better 2) the thing is, that you could have her for a long time for the invested ressources/money before other can obtain her.

All girls should be revived after time and they should be revived in a way that they could be obtained from all players in the long sight.

Edit: Should be also add that it's dead capital for KK if they don't revive all girls in a meaningfull way. Sure, some Veterans will have all girls so far and can ignore events like PoG or OD mostly, because they have the girls, but there are enough newer players who hadn't a chance at the first appearance because they were not progressed enough or don't played the game at this time so they should get a chance to get them. That this should be easier is clear if take in mind that theese players also should participate in all events were new girls are added.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

For those who made that investment; it would feel real bad if she then gets revived later on, especially if the cost to get her is lower then it was originally.

I strongly disagree. This is a train of thought some people tend to have in freemium games that comes across as plain mean even if it's often just a lack of perspective. "I had to pay X for Y so it's unfair other players get it for less later on". NO. You pay to get the "exclusivity" of getting the content years before the bulk of the player base, and in a guaranteed and deluxe manner. You don't pay so that others will never get to enjoy the content, and what others get years after you doesn't take anything from what you got to grab back when it was brand new and were able to enjoy and use for years while most other players couldn't.

Honestly, I've seen this same kneejerk reaction not only for other things in HH over the years, but even for cosmetics in other games. Some people were up in arms over one hero portrait in HearthStone from like 2015 that was originally a short-lived Twitch Prime promo or some shit, and they were pissed that others  finally had the ability to collect it too like 5 years later. Like giving it to other players somehow made their own portrait worse, or changed the many years they got to enjoy it while most others couldn't.

It's just the little devil on your shoulder whispering evil shit in your ear to awake your worst instincts. You're better than that, man. Listen to the little angel reminding you that other people getting stuff doesn't take stuff away from you, and that you should be happy for them. And not just you, you. I mean this for everybody reacting this way. Just don't.

• Like 6
  • Thinking 1

18 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

Depends on the time between their first appearance and the revival. If the time is long enough (at least 1 year, better 2) the thing is, that you could have her for a long time for the invested ressources/money before other can obtain her.

All girls should be revived after time and they should be revived in a way that they could be obtained from all players in the long sight.

That is fair, if there is a large enought timeframe from first appearance till revival.
You have to be careful tho; you don't want a super exclusive girl to suddenly be availible to everyone 2 months down the line.
That will piss of the people who bought in, and make them more sceptical in the future, making them consider future purchases that they 
might not have even question before.

I've said before, and I will say again;  I have no problems with there being premium girls that not everyone can get.
Aslong they are not inherently superior in stats compared to what is availible for "free" should one put enough time into it.

I don't actually think the seasonal event is terrible; The setup is fine, and with some fine tuning, could be a decent event.
rework the cards and adjust the cost to make it so each card = 1 girl (if you spend the resources of cource)
A lot simpler, you can easily see what you get, and you don't need to do advanced math to see if a certain combination of cards will get you what you need.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

I don't actually think the seasonal event is terrible; The setup is fine, and with some fine tuning, could be a decent event.

I wouldn't call it fine tuning... 😉

But in generall I'm mostly with you. If they change either the amount of points you get from sources or the needed amount to get a girl it could be a good event. But at the moment, like it is it's a terrible event.

22 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

I have no problems with there being premium girls that not everyone can get.

If "not everyone can get" means: Not now, but after some times there is another chance to get her and the chance is also good for f2p it's fine to me, but if it means: "Only if you whaling you can get it even it's the first appearance or the 6th revival" than it's a no go to me fot this kind of games.

An example what KK could do to make the SB loose the B is that they could put the girls in the first 10K points so that all players have a realistic chance to get them all, but add some good aditional art with the event girls at higher steps (for example at 14k, 18K, 22K and 26K). This art could be aditional scenes from the told story of the event girls, expanding this story or tell a prequel.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1