[ August 2nd, 2023 ] Leagues Redesign

jelom

I like the boosters and I think that's it when it comes to good changes.

The rest seems like a downgrade. We now have a carrot to load the League. We can't click on opponents 1 by 1 to check their stats and our win chance/expected score. Checking this starts another carrot. Going back to League main screen is another loading. We can see only 5 opponents out of 100 in a League which makes scrolling through it feel bad and confusing.

So we've made 1 step forward and 5 steps backward

• Like 8

Oh, KK syncronized only the experience from mobiles with the PC. Now we all have the small window to see opponents. The win chance and outcome were script related so nothing has changed from the vanilla sight of the game. Sure, a bad outcom for all who use the script, but not a change for most of playerbase.

• Like 2

Seriously, I cannot believe they merged this is such an horribly uncompleted and buggy state. Really, I thought this is kinda heavy WIP, and now we have it in the game like that 😂. Luckily I finished my AM from last blessings reset yesterday. Next is planned for next league start, where this is hopefully fixed.

UI is still very slow, a little better compared to test server, but still. And to get all needed information about an opponent, one now needs to enter the battle screen, implying another slow page load. This means a lot more back and forth navigation, page loads and time, when trying to find the best next opponent to battle(s). Not sure whether the x3 button weights that up sufficiently.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Horsting said:

UI is still very slow, a little better compared to test server, but still. And to get all needed information about an opponent, one now needs to enter the battle screen, implying another slow page load. This means a lot more back and forth navigation, page loads and time, when trying to find the best next opponent to battle(s). Not sure whether the x3 button weights that up sufficiently.

The server is already slow several times per week and forcing players into way more loading screens won't make things better. They could at least have waited another week to fix the sortings on the new league interface.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, jelom said:

It is the same behavior as before, you see the opponent stats with the expired boosters until the next league snapshot

Not really, it seems that when the boosters expire the shown stats actually INCREASE?!?!? I have observed it twice already

• Surprised :O 4

Some major change is gonna be made to the game what Kinkoid does puts the major change on test server the day before patch notes comes to live server and what happens 99% of the times they do so it comes broken and ends up making players lose resources!

• Like 5

When KK advertise for new employees, is the 1st requirement "Must be a complete and utter fuck wit" ? I mean, added to test server where faults were identified, and launch it live the following day without addressing the faults ??

I realise it's not the workers who are trying to implement the changes, it's the fuck nugget Russo who keeps throwing more and more ideas at them to crow bar into the game without proper testing or time to fix bugs.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, beckmcs said:

Sorry, but only me, in the leagues, I don't have this button?

13 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

i don't see those buttons either, disabled all scripts and they are stil not there.

8 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

Don't have the button too but I have claimed all league girls so no use to display the current league girl I suppose.

6 minutes ago, garadron said:

do you guys have girls missing in Leagues still? I have the button on test server where I have no League girls aquired, but I don't have it on live where I have all of them. So it might be hidden if redundant?

Yeah, if you have all league girls, then there's no reason for that button.  I see it on PSH where there's a girl available.  All it does is display the current progress towards the girl, or the stats/boosters of each player.

I'd prefer it to stay on the stats by default anyway.

2023-08-02_8-06-58.png2023-08-02_8-07-02.png

• Like 1

this update might be one of the worst if not even the worst of all time. not just because it's a bugged mess like pelinor already mentioned. imagine competing in a pvp league and actually wanting to see your opponents girls, equipment, stats and now even boosters and when they expire. what a absolute mess. 

Edited by StormAnimal
  • Like 4
  • Hug 1

Let's go through the changes in the leagues:

11.thumb.jpg.6149072bccf7d235d608ec3ad749eec0.jpg

The positive change is that the boosters used by the enemies are now finally visible, so there is no longer a need for a Booster Detector.
Of the obvious disadvantages: it is not clear why the Team column was introduced, which opens a hint for dominant schemes (it only takes up a useful place in the table, which is already lacking); as well as a separate window in which the battle menu opens (now you have to do at least 3 clicks and 2 transitions to fight with the enemy)
Of the implicit disadvantages: a broken progress bar in the leagues (I'm in D3, but it is displayed somewhere between S3 and D1 without indicating my place in the League and potential reward); as well as a broken sorting menu, as a result of which it is possible to sort only by the current position in the rating in ascending and descending order.

22.thumb.jpg.91ccd741ba2f46f840ac61c824993667.jpg

The downside is that now there is no way to easily compare yourself with the enemy, because there is no menu with the player's current stats. The semi-plus is that it is still fixed when you pass your own position while scrolling among the opponents.

33.thumb.jpg.0614121a8467dbb4a4468de7e494daaf.jpg

On a positive note, there is a free triple fight button, which is an unexpected generosity from the KK team.
The downside is that now, in order to change the team, it is mandatory to go to the battle menu with the enemy (although the battle itself can be omitted), and this is a bunch of additional hemorrhoids. One more thing: if you didn’t like the opponent for some reason, you will have to make an additional transition back, which throws you to the very top of the table, and not to where you were when choosing an opponent.

Summary. There are several positive developments, but there are many more disadvantages that hinder the process of conducting battles. Therefore, in general, I assess the changes in the Leagues as extremely negative.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 430i said:

Not really, it seems that when the boosters expire the shown stats actually INCREASE?!?!? I have observed it twice already

I checked 3 cases where all stats immediately updated correctly when the boosters expired, also when entering the battle screen. But I cannot say whether they also count correctly for the fight. More data needed to verify this.

1 hour ago, 430i said:

And the booster expiration seems to be broken. When the timer gets to 0, the boosters are still shown, but without the countdown clock. What a mess.

Right. The stats get updated immediately but the boosters are still shown without timer. I did fight 3 opponents in this state, and in 1 case the boosters disappeared afterwards when I went back to the table, but the other two cases they remained visible (without timer). Pretty inconsistent as well 🤔.

18 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I checked 3 cases where all stats immediately updated correctly when the boosters expired, also when entering the battle screen. But I cannot say whether they also count correctly for the fight. More data needed to verify this.

Right. The stats get updated immediately but the boosters are still shown without timer. I did fight 3 opponents in this state, and in 1 case the boosters disappeared afterwards when I went back to the table, but the other two cases they remained visible (without timer). Pretty inconsistent as well 🤔.

Here is a guy with 4 cordys equipped:

Screenshot-2023-08-02-at-13-55-06.png

And here is the same opponent after the boosters "expired":

Screenshot-2023-08-02-at-14-05-56.png

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

You can't modify your defense team once you have beaten everyone too, since you need to be on the pre-fight screen to select your team which you don't have access when there is no fight left.

But you can do so right after battling the last opponent. You are not reverted to the overview automatically but remain on the battle page.

@430i

Was this another new case or one of the two cases you mentioned before? Probably an issue that happens in some cases only, or which got fixed server side in the meantime. I calculated the expected stats after booster expiry in my 3 cases (all since shortly before reset) and it was all correctly reduced. Based on the little increase of all stats (but harmony) in your case, it is impossible that a coincidental team change lead to this.

Edited by Horsting
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 430i said:

Here is a guy with 4 cordys equipped:

And here is the same opponent after the boosters "expired":

He must be a "Saiyan."  Gets stronger after a defeat.  Maybe that's some withdrawal symptoms from a lack of cordyceps.

The "league data collector" works again now btw.

image.png

Also, LMs are still bugged AF.  This one had 107/110 left, and now it says 3/110.  Definitely not equipping another until it's fixed.

image.png

If a similar thing happened to you, send a ticket, and they'll refund it.  I'm in the process of doing that atm.

I made a list of some issues after the last update (with suggestions how to solve them):

I have to press on my opponents in the league, one by one, enter their "page" to see estimated points, and then go back to the main screen. It sucks, taking much loading time (Add an option to select an opponent without going to its page).

I can't see my opponents team element from the main screen (it was in previous leagues in the vanilla game, without the script). I chose to attack mainly elemental teams (not rainbow ones), so now going one by one is a chore (Put the players team elements next to them, like before).

I can only change my team when I'm entering an opponent page. So after figthing all the opponents, you can't change your defence team anymore (Add an option to change the team from the league main screen).

Non-league (script) issue - I don't have an option to filter the girls when changing teams (This is unrelated to the league change).

I'm also not seeing at the top my average, how many points I need to get for top 15, etc, like the script used to do.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Master-17 said:

why the Team column was introduced, which opens a hint for dominant schemes (it only takes up a useful place in the table

Perhaps this was supposed to show the girls in the team for that player? I would prefer to see the combat algorithm added to the dominance scheme pop-up, but that's way too much to ask from a company specializing in faulty game updates (seriously, name one update in the past three years that didn't have a flaw).