[ November 4th, 2023 ] Hot Assembly - Traveler's Tales of Tits

Ravi-Sama

Nice long-term calculation. At last currently I am able to get all LD girls immediately, only 1 is left in SM pool, and indeed it is 1 girl from past SEs + 3 from LR I am missing, and all 4 girls from all SEs prior to this May where I jointed the game, including the Fae ones.

Even the 160 SM coins per SM event for 2 of 4 missing girls per 3 months is not realistic, I think, as long as it is not during MD/R, or even with MD/R? I actually never counted for a whole SM event, but last MDR I got ... 55 SM keys while collecting M6 shards. In worst case you need 26 keys for the 26 coins (there are 4 extra keys among the rewards), so I think >100 coins is not realistic even with MD/R. So realistic is probably 1 ME girl (60 shards) per 3 months, on top of some buffer for an LD girl by times.

But I can understand that it somehow feels like "will eventually get her" when having 40 shards, even that it won't happen for this amount of girls, unless KK is changing something about the LR at least. I am also not entirely sure how I will finally decide when I have to choose between 1x100 shards + 1x40+ shards and 2x40+ shards with the sapphires 🤔. One hope are SERs, but not sure whether those will still happen, that we have a regular ME 31/12. Since those did reward with 100 shards, it would be an argument to better get 100 shards for as many girls as possible and keep the ones in SM pool minimal. Otherwise one risks to get 100 shards in an SER for a girl where you have 40+ shards for already.

59 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

I don't know how it's possible without babysitting the game to do champion fights.

• First period was MD, and I started to claim rewards and buy refills after HA started, which was a little more since I used 4 SPs only. I did not use any champion tickets, as it was not required for top 5%, MD alone did.
  • In the 2nd period, I brought all champs to stage 1, not only for HA, but also with OD in mind, to max the chance to get the OD girls from them. And I spent probably 100 tickets for CbC day 3, spending some kobans for x10 battles as well, as I found it worth it up to 300 kobans or so, considering that the AME you get costs otherwise 450 kobans. I can imagine that some of you had issues staying in top 5% during this 2nd period, as there was no villain event?
  • 3rd period I did not need to spend any extra CPs or tickets: For LD I only consequently used the CPs from natural regeneration and Pantheon.
  • On 4th period start (last LD day) I got the bulk of LD shards, without using SPs. And additionally I started to battle the champs to bring at least Romero and Whaty close to win, to speed up finishing them during OD. This helped to defeat them quickly yesterday. Today I am still busy babysitting Whaty and Matsuda ... However, with 2113 Xtals I am top 1% now, so the champs were not required for this, LD alone did. But if you had the LD revival already, and got the new LD girl within the first 3 days, I guess the current period might be an issue as well?
Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

I'm spending every natural regen available which gives points (Villain fights, Pantheon, leagues, ...) except champions

1st period was easy with MD, finished in the top 3%.
2nd period, I stayed afloat by doing champion fights and finished with 40 more points than the required for top 5%.
3rd period, I did half of Ephelia only buying 6 fights and champion fights to stay 100 points ahead of the top 5% threshold.
4th (current) period, I finished Ephelia by buying 80 villain fights. Already had Lexie but from the start I nearly always was 100 points behind the top 5% threshold.

I suppose the difference comes from not buying fights for Lexie, neither babysitting the game to do champion fights and having a relatively good drop rate for Ephelia.
And, I suppose, some people already bought the cards so it helps them climb/stay in the top 5%.

Edited by mdnoria

In 3rd period I was ~150 Xtals above top 5%. Probably I did not bring all champs to stage 1 in 2nd period, but needed to battle the harder ones during the beginning of the 3rd period as well. I don't remember exactly. This was surely 200 tickets or more overall. So yes, being able to babysit champs (not for HA explicitly, but for OD mainly), helps, when there is no MD/R or LD.

EDIT: And generally players with less progress, hence more MR/LD/OD girls/champs to obtain, have an "advantage". I mean of course we also need to pay more, resp. have less kobans left for other things, but at least there is a synergy between getting all those revivals and the MEs.

Edited by Horsting

I'm at 1699 points at the moment for this period.

I had Lexie too and did most fights to get the other girl in this period (ca. 300 combativity outside from natural regen). Normaly I do some Champion fights while I do other stuff in the game:

- Every day when I do the Daily Missions and other stuff in the game (Daily Goals for example) I can do 3-5 rounds of Champfights (timer to not waste time)

- When I claim PoPs I do another round of Champfights too

- before I go to sleep or after I awake in the morning there is also a time where I do one round of Champfights

At the moment I have only the free card activated.

So I expect from natural regen and the Champfights I do while I'm in the game without extra babysitting 220 points per day. With the 800 from the event ranking reward I would be at 1460 points and that would be ca. 90 points to short for top5% but with the ca. 300 aditional points I had to invest in LD I have enough to be in the top5%.

Yes, Champfights are important, but in periods with high combativity spending, like MD, LD, and yes, also OD (will be mostly in the next period relevant) there you need aditional sources of points.

• Like 1

I thought that being in the top 5% of the HA ranking would get easier after each ranking (because I'm getting the points from the previous ranking), but instead it got harder... weird. Maybe it has got to do with the LD, OD, SM, CumC combination.

I don't think that I can get to the top 5% without taking a card (event or platinum one).

image.thumb.png.51d853623a2fbb31bc760a3e4ca7985b.png

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1
  • Hug 1

On 11/15/2023 at 1:20 PM, Horsting said:

Do you have a sufficient stock of SM coins to get them all soon?

Not even close! But my emphasis was on the fact that at least I can make these girls available to me someday. As opposed to the all or nothing structure of the other two ME formats, coupled with their outright paywalls.

Of course for newer players or even for most non-veterans the SM Shop can easily be crowded and kind of a lottery. But the fundamental difference between this format and the other two remains: once you've reached 40% of a girl, it doesn't matter if it takes a year or even longer, you have unlocked the ability to eventually complete her.

• Like 2

I have to say that staying in the top 5% is pretty exhausting at this point, especially if you have a life. I might just go ahead and buy the cards early and waste that sweet sweet CP from them just so I have extra 120 points every day.

At this point I'm at 15k nubans because the only thing I spend them on is MD and DP, so I might as well be a bit wasteful, right? :D

• Like 1

I agree, this is also the first time I have trouble staying in top 5%. I will eventually do it, am ready to buy some CP for it, probably indirectly via Pantheon worship (best kobans/Xtal, especially when you get 3 extra CP per stage).

There is still some kind of rounding/bracket bug:

image.thumb.png.32638515b6835e5feefe6ae77632a123.png

I am currently in no bracket, none is highlighted. One Xtal earlier I was in top 10% (highlighted), one Xtal more, I'll be in top 5% (I guess).

Edited by Horsting

I've bought the medium card on the second day of the current period because I'm fed up babysitting the game to do champion fights for trying to stay in the top 5% .
I will see how it goes in the next 3 days with the extra 120 xtals and the 12 fists but I don't exclude buying the big card before the end of the event as I planned at the start.

Also I choose the 2nd day because it lined up with the last day of SM to try to get more coins out of it.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

I've bought the medium card on the second day of the current period because I'm fed up babysitting the game to do champion fights for trying to stay in the top 5% .

I understand it, but the more are doing this, the harder it gets to stay in top 5% without, hence the more are deciding to do this, hence finally it is equally hard (if everyone relevant has the card) but everyone wastes all the CP. Collective loss 😅.

Of course it becomes harder as well, the more are buying refills or babysitting champs. But the problem with the cards and their CP rewards is that you cannot control when and how much you get, so outside of MD/R and LD, you loose 12 CP daily, no matter if that was required for the ranking or not. This is why for now I prefer to stick with refills. But of course this is only reasonably when it's so close like in my case.

Edited by Horsting

14 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I agree, this is also the first time I have trouble staying in top 5%. I will eventually do it, am ready to buy some CP for it, probably indirectly via Pantheon worship (best kobans/Xtal, especially when you get 3 extra CP per stage).

There is still some kind of rounding/bracket bug:

image.thumb.png.32638515b6835e5feefe6ae77632a123.png

I am currently in no bracket, none is highlighted. One Xtal earlier I was in top 10% (highlighted), one Xtal more, I'll be in top 5% (I guess).

Interesting, looks like it's a bit easier on hh.com than on Nutaku

image.thumb.png.5b71c29ecf1ef11ab7db5a227ad7ddb3.png

8 minutes ago, garadron said:

Interesting, looks like it's a bit easier on hh.com than on Nutaku

It's the difference between one of 38000 players or one of 15000 players. 🙂

In the greater playerbase are a higher chance for a bigger percentage of f2p/casual players.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

In the greater playerbase are a higher chance for a bigger percentage of f2p/casual players.

Not sure if I get the logic why more leads to a different ratio. I always thought that people who register on an online gaming platform have a higher chance to be active long-term players, and HH.com is prone to people clicking random advertising buttons on the internet and suddenly stick with it (like me), some for longer, others for shorter.

• Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Not sure if I get the logic why more leads to a different ratio. I always thought that people who register on an online gaming platform have a higher chance to be active long-term players, and HH.com is prone to people clicking random advertising buttons on the internet and suddenly stick with it (like me), some for longer, others for shorter.

Exactly. More dedicated players, or at least a higher percentage means more of them are putting in the effort to stay in the top bracket.

And it's a threshold thing too. If you have 4.9% dedicated players out of all active ones then they all fit in the top bracket. If you have 5.5% dedicated, you're going to have a way more intense contest to stay in the top 5%.

From my experience with newer players it's more the exception that guys who start playing hh will end as active players and/or are far enough in the game that they reach top5% without whaling.

The majority of players will only play casual and that's also true for newer ones. I have in my Club a good bunch of longtime Veterans who plays only casual and without the exception of some Clubs who extremly focuss on only full active players, most (full developed) Clubs will have mostly casuals or newer players who weren't able to activate so much ressources to get in the top 5%.

If you have a look how much newer player will join Discord or the Forum and show as active players, you'll see not a really hughe amount. There will allways some, like you horsting, but that is in the last years mostly the same amount of longtime Veterans who quitt. So hh didn't get so much new longtime players like they wished.

Like in other cases: Even people join a association/club/society it doesn't mean that they go full active. Most of them stay inactive/casual and the very rare cases where you find a new member who will go full active are a lucky hit. Mostly the same in the internet too: At the start will join a good amount of players who will be active for a long time (or the game dies fast), but when the amount of players increase you gain much more casual players than full active and so the % of the full active will be decrease.

Just now, DuDeLoK said:

so probably everyone in top 5% have both cards? or very close to everyone

Well, if I have a look at the Daily Contest there is another reason possible: Villain and Champfights as objections. At day one of LC the points in Daily Contest are relevant for LC too. In my Daily Contest the scores in the top4 are 90.000+ at the moment so there is a relevant amount of spending too.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

At day one of LC the points in Daily Contest are relevant for LC too. In my Daily Contest the scores in the top4 are 90.000+ at the moment so there is a relevant amount of spending too.

But compared to the ~4M the top scorers can get from PXP rewards, this DC does not contribute to the LC in any relevant amount. Only 1 minute after contests started, the top 5% threshold was suspiciously close (a little above) 935, i.e. the 800 ranking rewards + 135 from free+medium+big cards, so I also take this as an indicator that >=5% of players have all cards already. I hope I can catch up without buying them. The next ranking period will contain MDR, so there it likely won't be required.

Edited by Horsting

Without buying cards it became very difficult to stay in the top. Three cutoffs ago I fell out of the top 5%, and without these 200 pine cones the last 2 times I was only in the top 20%. Perhaps if I had more tickets, it would be possible to stay in the top longer, but then I had less than a hundred of them left, and I needed more than 100 points. So donators are in the black for now. Let's see what happens after MDR.

Points 2min before reset:

image.thumb.png.04993a20c5c0ad508ffb9340a880c369.png

Was in top2,7% of playerbase with my score.

Points 2min before Contest starts:

image.thumb.png.2bf1ccbbd6900a572585287c97a4ecab.png

I got down to top3,2%.

The points from the cards are delivered normaly in the half hour between reset and Contest start so it seems that there are a not to small group of players in the top5% who don't have both Koban cards active.

And even 7min after start of the Contests there are 1116 points. So it seems that I wasn't so far away from the truth as I yesterday mentioned that a good part of the aditional points in the rankings were related to the Daily Contest objectives.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

So it seems that I wasn't so far away from the truth as I yesterday mentioned that a good part of the aditional points in the rankings were related to the Daily Contest objectives.

It would make sense for this 1 particual instance, but from what I've noticed on Nutaku, the score to be in top 5% each cycle ~30 minutes after reset starts with 900+ already. So even with my 800 points from the previous cycle, I always have to work hard to keep up with people who bought cards.

Personally I decided to buy 1 card today after reset and another card during the next cycle - this should grant me super easy top 5% in both thanks to accumulated xtals in them.

2 hours ago, garadron said:

Personally I decided to buy 1 card today after reset and another card during the next cycle - this should grant me super easy top 5% in both thanks to accumulated xtals in them.

Do it tomorrow shortly before reset, so you can use the CPs for MDR (in case the ones you do not need for LD). Even if you have the girl already, the extra MPx1 orbs are another argument which make using the CPs a little less of a waste. This is how I will (sadly need to) do it.

nah, I have to do it today. I've pretty much given up on champion fights so there's no other way for me to reach that top 5% now

image.thumb.png.51c806927c3356cb0e6e4e74d1e839b0.png

I think I'll take the medium card, that'll be extra 720 xtals and 72 CP for extra points, so it should let me win this cycle comfortably.

• Sad 1

If you can be online tomorrow before reset it would be better to buy it then, or do you plan to use the combativity to gain a better score in CCbC?

Just now, DuDeLoK said:

what girl will be mdr?

Venus

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1