New Feature: The Labyrinth - Started December 6th 2023 at live

bolitho76

I had a similar selection of defense relics on last run and lost my entire team 4 times on the 3rd floor boss so I don't know.
Of course I didn't pick any cursed relic.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1

Note that, since the "raise damage of back line" relic has no effect, I guess the "raise defence of front line" has no effect either. So in case you got and picked that one, it might explain why you still lost your team (which is still surprising).

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 3

Damn, these two are actually news to me.

So it seems that all relics for a specific Line (Front, Middle or Back) should also be avoided, then? If the one supposed to make your tank tankier and the one supposed to buff your DPS' DPS don't actually work, and since the other frequent one is (supposedly) giving more "Girl Harmony" to your middle line, but "Girl Harmony" itself hardly does anything in Laby fights?

• Sad 1

Note to self, when doing numbers make sure you check for the correct girl and stop being an imbicile.

Correct girls and numbers this time (I promise)
image.jpeg.246f446008518c5984ec89c5c9d2a1cf.jpeg
14% Defence total
image.jpeg.9341c6f7321da6291fab9bc631e2be5e.jpeg
Both Skye who was in my FRONTLINE, have the same defence at 35.107

35.107*0.14=4914.98
35.107+49.14.98 = 40.021.98.

"Front defender" does work.

Apologies for previous claims that it does not work.

Edited by EpicBacon
EpicBacon.exe has stopped working
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Horsting said:

Note that, since the "raise damage of back line" relic has no effect, I guess the "raise defence of front line" has no effect either. So in case you got and picked that one, it might explain why you still lost your team (which is still surprising).

I made a post about how "attack from the back" does not have any effect, this is wrong. It does work. I was doing the math for Sake, and she used to be my backline girl, but I changed her to a midline slot against the final boss, I even wrote that in my post, but completely brainfarted and forgot to take that into account when checking for relics that affects BACKLINE girls.

Once I figured out this I checked the math again for one of the girls that actually was in the backline.
image.thumb.jpeg.cd1ddd565d96fe92aba2a15b793cfa9e.jpegThese are the relics that affect Kyoko, this adds up to a total of 13%
image.jpeg.e2d63e218e08bcbc8b5096791a28586e.jpeg    image.jpeg.042f78ab7f3f445c1c68c49971134520.jpeg

62.681*0.13=8148.53
62.681 + 8148.53 = 70.829.53
"Attack from the back" affects Kyoko, who is in the backline.

Sorry for the confusion resulting from my earlier incompetency
"Attack from the back" does work
"Front Defender" does work
"Impactful" gives damage to all girls, even tho the description says "backline girls"

Edited by EpicBacon
Corrected wrong information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

Yeah I can confirm this too.

Hahaha, what a joke this game is.

Can you provide a list of the relics, which actually work? Pretty please ☺️

• Like 1

Yes at this point it seems 66% of relics are useless/cursed.

"Here is a mythic relic (trophy) to put on this virtual shelf for 10 minutes until you finish your run. Admire it since it's its only use."

Pretty sure it's bugged because of the name and if it was called Impactful it would work.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 1

I mean, it's all fun and games in easy mode anyway, but if they release any other difficulty, those messed up relics might become a problem, and not everyone is reading the forum or other sources, they just want to play.

Now what will we get sooner:

[  ] a new difficulty

[  ] bug fixes

[  ] roles

[  ] something to spend cash on related to the lab

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Horsting said:

I remember checking it and saw that it worked, and looking at my past data it did in labyrinth cycle ID 25. But my last cycle (ID 34), it didn't. Also for some reason after cycle ID 25 it jumped to ID 33.

• Thinking 1

Yes, I also remember reporting myself that it works, even better than the others, stacking multiplicatively on top of all other AP boni, which stack additively only. When I reviewed the data form AJAX response weeks later the first time, I saw that it does not work (anymore). As you experienced the same, it then indeed broke after Laby release.

Fantastic: Not only was not a single Laby bug fixed until now, but additional relics got broken along the way. How is this even possible, an amateur attempt to fix things, which didn't work out but was merged unreviewed and untested regardless, like everything else? 😂

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Damn, these two are actually news to me.

So it seems that all relics for a specific Line (Front, Middle or Back) should also be avoided, then? If the one supposed to make your tank tankier and the one supposed to buff your DPS' DPS don't actually work, and since the other frequent one is (supposedly) giving more "Girl Harmony" to your middle line, but "Girl Harmony" itself hardly does anything in Laby fights?

I've wondered about harmony (both Sweet Harmony and Harmony in the Middle) today. I picked up a few of those, including a 20% "in the Middle". What left me wondering is that all my girls were labeled as faster than the floor 3 boss.

Now I don't save the details of these fights, and actually don't even bother to watch the fight, so I have no double check of this. But maybe something changed with these. I can't check again until sunday, and by then I'll probably forget to do so. But if I do remember, I'll let you know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bohammettuz said:

What left me wondering is that all my girls were labeled as faster than the floor 3 boss.

The girls' harmony does not effect their speed, but only the hero's harmony does. They even changed the info page regarding this. Whether the girls' harmony has any effect, has not been verified yet. Usually it would affect their crit chance, but this is hard to verify/requires a huge sample size. And if it works, then likely not on its own, but always based on the ratio between attacker and defender girl's harmony, like in B.D.S.M., which makes it even harder to track this. Hence I avoid all per-line relics and all harmony relics (also the global ones), if possible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SamRei said:

I mean, it's all fun and games in easy mode anyway, but if they release any other difficulty, those messed up relics might become a problem, and not everyone is reading the forum or other sources, they just want to play.

Now what will we get sooner:

[  ] a new difficulty

[  ] bug fixes

[  ] roles

[  ] something to spend cash on related to the lab

This is my guess:

[ 1 ] something to spend cash on related to the lab
[ 2 ] roles
[ 3 ] a new difficulty
[ 4 ] bug fixes

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

I made a post about how "attack from the back" does not have any effect, this is wrong. It does work.

I made a huge mistake earlier, and asserted that "attack from the back" does not work. This is wrong, the relic does work. I discovered my error when i looked over my post a second time. I have updated the post with new data that this time is correct.

This error also included my post about "Front Defence" not working, it does indeed work, and I've updated said post with correct information also.

Sorry for any misunderstandings this might have caused.

Edited by EpicBacon
Grammar
  • Like 1

Hmm, then we have conflicting results. Probably it sometimes does work, sometimes not, based on other circumstances? When I checked the AJAX response regarding this last time, it did definitely not apply. This would explain why all of us had results where it did work and some where it did not work. And for the front defender and harmony in the middle it would then most likely be the same.

• Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Hmm, then we have conflicting results. Probably it sometimes does work, sometimes not, based on other circumstances? When I checked the AJAX response regarding this last time, it did definitely not apply. This would explain why all of us had results where it did work and some where it did not work. And for the front defender and harmony in the middle it would then most likely be the same.

Err about that, let's just forget about yesterday... I don't know where I left my brain, but I am in the middle of double checking the "front defender"  yeah... its working just fine.. the girls get their defence.
I can give you my Ajax responce along with the relics and girl data/positions if you want to double check.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

I can give you my Ajax responce along with the relics and girl data/positions if you want to double check.

No need, I believe you, also seeing your attack form the back data/screenshots. As said, I guess then there are other factors affecting this, or the last update did ship a fix (probably the most unlikely theory). I'll also check back here when I am in mood.

Btw, your result was indicating additive stacking. When I checked it the very first time, I found something like:

( base value + girl bonus + color bonus + global bonus + 50% ego bonus ) * line bonus

e.g.

( AP + 0.03*AP + 0.075*AP + 0.03*AP + 0.06*AP ) * 1.06

But now that I am writing it, I probably mix up the line bonus with the above/below 50% bonus, and I am too lazy to search my post about this 😅.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsting said:

No need, I believe you, also seeing your attack form the back data/screenshots. As said, I guess then there are other factors affecting this, or the last update did ship a fix (probably the most unlikely theory). I'll also check back here when I am in mood.

Btw, your result was indicating additive stacking. When I checked it the very first time, I found something like:

( base value + girl bonus + color bonus + global bonus + 50% ego bonus ) * line bonus

e.g.

( AP + 0.03*AP + 0.075*AP + 0.03*AP + 0.06*AP ) * 1.06

But now that I am writing it, I probably mix up the line bonus with the above/below 50% bonus, and I am too lazy to search my post about this 😅.

So here is the thing, I see numbers and text, but I have no idea what they are, I have never heard of line bonus before, I have no idea where the 50% comes from, I am sure these are correct, but I have no clue what any of this means.
I am not a math person, and judging by yesterday's godawful performance, maybe that's for the best. :o

I would have to find out what these numbers mean and where they come from before I can do anything with this.
This is Greek to me.

6 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

This is Greek to me.

That's better than the ancient Sumerian dialect it is to me. ^^

You guys rule. <3

This mode seems to be bugged even beyond what we already knew, which was already bugged beyond belief. At this point, I'm honestly wondering if it's even worth keeping track of what works and what doesn't, especially since it looks like some bugs aren't even constant? Short of playing with Ajax and Jason as advisors at every stage (speaking of Greeks ^^)... Nothing can be trusted.

It seems to me that overall, the simpler the effect the less likely it is to be bugged? So for instance a flat DPS buff for "all girls" or "all girls of X element" is more likely to work as intended than anything with more variables (chief among them the "a random girl gets a bonus or a curse" type of relics). Or am I being too optimistic even with that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

That's better than the ancient Sumerian dialect it is to me. ^^

You guys rule. ❤️

This mode seems to be bugged even beyond what we already knew, which was already bugged beyond belief. At this point, I'm honestly wondering if it's even worth keeping track of what works and what doesn't, especially since it looks like some bugs aren't even constant? Short of playing with Ajax and Jason as advisors at every stage (speaking of Greeks ^^)... Nothing can be trusted.

It seems to me that overall, the simpler the effect the less likely it is to be bugged? So for instance a flat DPS buff for "all girls" or "all girls of X element" is more likely to work as intended than anything with more variables (chief among them the "a random girl gets a bonus or a curse" type of relics). Or am I being too optimistic even with that?

"Impactful" gives damage to all girls, even tho the description now says "backline girls damage increase"
I will pick up some "attack from the back" and "front defence" in my runs from now on, and run numbers on the CORRECT girls on the bosses and a couple random fights on each floor. Since both @Horsting and @zoopokemon have reported it not working at times, I want to see if it I can get similar results.

I had a run a couple cycles ago where I got completely trashed, and while I have the Ajax responce from that run, I don't have the girl data and Relic information I had on the run, so I cannot run an accurate comparison.

• Like 2

Attention!

image.png

The "Laby difficulty is started" is related to another message from Rosso that they'll not starting expanding/adding features until they have fixed all bugs (message is posted in ChitChat)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

related to another message from Rosso that they'll not starting expanding/adding features until they have fixed all bugs (message is posted in ChitChat)

Not believing a single word of this (from Rosso). Also now saying "in parallel", which I interpret as priority has the extension, bug reports are ignored anyway, a week on test server would never be enough even if, and we will finally have a rushed release with more bugs than present now 🙂.

Now it has value to have a deeper look and verifying the bugs we are aware of now, as it starts to matter when aiming for higher difficulties.

• Like 2

I didn't even realize the girl had changed till I was on 3rd floor run over in CxH. Then came back to check HH.

Also while my go to relic is the one that is bugged and heals a girl to full when they defeat an enemy, It also makes me incapable of gauging if my teams are even decent enough to handle all 3 floors of this easy mode cause the disparity caused by the bug is too big. Honestly hope they don't fix it cause it might screw me :P

image.png.440e0944b59106407adcbf46b61da64f.png image.png.2c8b59fba868df8bc6853351666dd3ae.png

How hard do you think the upper difficulties will be?

do you think we will need 70 girls with maxed skills, equipment etc?

a lot of the girls i take to the labyrinth are common girls i leveled to reach 750

i think i need more leveled ledgendary and mythic girls