How you doing in the "League"

casey

44 minutes ago, Daniele said:

Currently 30th in S3, maybe i can finish in the 16-30th group. I also had the no-refill issue at the beginning of the season, but who cares, now that i know there are CHEATERS who exploit a bug of the game i can't trust the results and i don't really care anymore...

Hi, sorry, what's that bug story about?

I finished 41th in the Sexpert 3 group I was in. I also had missed out on the 15 fights at the start of it, but I pretty much knew at the beginning that I'd basically just end up losing to my opponents if I had 15 extra fights.

Edited by Arvelak
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 11:40 AM, _shal_ said:

Anyway, now I'm almost certainly top 10 strong, so the same "should I or should I not promote?" question is up again. Originally I expected to be a clear favourite for a top 4 position this week, but after last week's results that's now a lot more iffy. This time around I'm definitely doing GP at some point, so the results of that will probably determine whether or not this 5th week in S1 will be my final one.

I ended up getting a ~500 point equipment upgrade halfway through the season, which enabled me to move all but one opponent into theoretically winnable territory, so I made a go for it. And it worked out juuust fine:

HH-S12S1.png

(I'm a bit boostered up currently; my "normal" ego is more like 151k right now.)

The guy in 1st place was by far the strongest player at 175k ego, and he consequently got the perfect 900 points. He's also the only one I didn't beat at all (no surprise there); in addition to those 3 losses I had 2/1/1 against three other players.

The second-strongest player at 167k didn't seem to play too seriously and finished 15th. Don't think it was a tanking attempt gone wrong - he was as high as 11th only a few hours before the finish line. The one who finished in 3rd place was arguably also the third-strongest player at about 157k and KH class (there was also a 157k Charm guy) - dunno how he managed to lose one more match than I did, considering he's significantly stronger than me. Wasn't as conscious about waiting for the best judges against tricky opponents as I tried to be, perhaps. (Hey, as Charm I have to make use of all advantages available...)

So, a nice 384 kobans banked en route to finally reaching Sexpert 2 after five weeks. The bad news is that...

HH-S13-S2-start.png

...I'm now the lowest-levelled player by a mile again. Managed to defeat a level 309 opponent to start off the new season though, so I'm probably going to be able to pick off a few points here and there. As after my last promotion, I'm just shooting for 75th place here for the debut week.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I ended up getting a ~500 point equipment upgrade halfway through the season, which enabled me to move all but one opponent into theoretically winnable territory, so I made a go for it. And it worked out juuust fine:

HH-S12S1.png

(I'm a bit boostered up currently; my "normal" ego is more like 151k right now.) 

The guy in 1st place was by far the strongest player at 175k ego, and he consequently got the perfect 900 points. He's also the only one I didn't beat at all (no surprise there); in addition to those 3 losses I had 2/1/1 against three other players. 

The second-strongest player at 167k didn't seem to play too seriously and finished 15th. Don't think it was a tanking attempt gone wrong - he was as high as 11th only a few hours before the finish line. The one who finished in 3rd place was arguably also the third-strongest player at about 157k and KH class (there was also a 157k Charm guy) - dunno how he managed to lose one more match than I did, considering he's significantly stronger than me. Wasn't as conscious about waiting for the best judges against tricky opponents as I tried to be, perhaps. (Hey, as Charm I have to make use of all advantages available...)

So, a nice 384 kobans banked en route to finally reaching Sexpert 2 after five weeks. The bad news is that...

HH-S13-S2-start.png

...I'm now the lowest-levelled player by a mile again. Managed to defeat a level 309 opponent to start off the new season though, so I'm probably going to be able to pick off a few points here and there. As after my last promotion, I'm just shooting for 75th place here for the debut week.

I'm four levels behind you, but otherwise same story. Second place in S1, and now I'm the lowest level person in my S2 bracket.

I finished 52nd in S3. Did get a new legendary monostat, so now all but 1 are legendary. Granted, one is like 80 lvls old, buy still better than the epics. So I expect to do much better now that more brackets are made and I myself much stronger. 

Only 15-20 people lower than lvl 300 in mine. 

1 hour ago, DHarry said:

I finished 52nd in S3. Did get a new legendary monostat, so now all but 1 are legendary. Granted, one is like 80 lvls old, buy still better than the epics. So I expect to do much better now that more brackets are made and I myself much stronger. 

Only 15-20 people lower than lvl 300 in mine. 

Sorry to tell you DHarry many people have gotten equipment upgrades recently your like me, paddling furiously to stay in the same spot

Going into this current season i have a top 10 place team and just got  a 1000 point increase piece of equipment today (i'm a hardcore player)

Guess what, I'm still only a top 10 team in my league

Not doing too bad considering i am 1 of the weakest in my Nutaku league, 25th atm but with only a few battles i can win left dont think this will last. Actually Nutaku leagues are easier to win than HH where my main acc is. Still mid table there so should be ok for 3rd week in S II.

10 hours ago, casey said:

Sorry to tell you DHarry many people have gotten equipment upgrades recently your like me, paddling furiously to stay in the same spot

Going into this current season i have a top 10 place team and just got  a 1000 point increase piece of equipment today (i'm a hardcore player)

Guess what, I'm still only a top 10 team in my league

I guess this will be more and more an issue once you get higher up as all people around you are hyper active and working to get stronger all the time. For me, looking around, it did give me a boost as people above me simply had less room for improvement. For instance, I am in a league with @Arvelak, now for the first time I have a stronger team than him. 

But I see what you mean. Its going to be diminishing returns. And just a struggle not to drop.

With quite my surprise, as I was victim of the no refill bug, I had an easier league than I thought and, despite the lost tokens, I ended 8th, getting promoted to Sexpert II. A few hours before the end of the league I finally started to update my stats and equipment, and that was the right moment, as otherwise I hardly would have survived in my new league. I am between 104 players, and the average EGO for what I had time to see up to now is near my new level, with at least a dozen of players with 10-20k more ego than me, despite my upgrade. The moment I write this I am around position 20, but I don't think this will keep up, despite the fact that luckily I was not again victim of the no-refill bug.

4 hours ago, DHarry said:

I guess this will be more and more an issue once you get higher up as all people around you are hyper active and working to get stronger all the time. For me, looking around, it did give me a boost as people above me simply had less room for improvement. For instance, I am in a league with @Arvelak, now for the first time I have a stronger team than him. 

But I see what you mean. Its going to be diminishing returns. And just a struggle not to drop.

I haven't really been focusing on upgrading equipment that much the last month or so. I've pretty much been stockpiling affection items and books, for when the second 5 star legendary know how girl is around. 

Edited by Arvelak

Well, still no XP contest, so I'll have to keep fighting the losses for now. Despite being in way over my head I actually ran out of 100% guaranteed losses within the first two days, so I'm now into the almost certain losses (i.e. where I'd need to hit 3 crits to win). Wonder if there are enough of those to get through another two days until the next contest reset...

My targeted 75th place shouldn't be a problem, in any case - haven't checked all opponents in detail, but based on ego numbers I'm fairly sure I'll be able to beat at least 35 of them straight up, and several more with boosters and/or modest RNG luck.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arvelak said:

I haven't really been focusing on upgrading equipment that much the last month or so. I've pretty much been stockpiling affection items and books, for when the second 5 star legendary know how girl is around. 

Oh, not blaming you. Just we know you here and I was sure you had more ego than me before. Youre just an example as proof. 

Another thing, at some point, the people above are like, 30k ego away. If you have them in the top above you, a new 1k stat boost isnt going to make a difference. (5k ego or something?) But in the 180k - 210k roughly, many players are close and a 1k stat boost gives you many more wins than before. I had lots of narrow, frustrating losses last week. 

7 hours ago, Gambit126 said:

Doing lousy this season.  Got promoted when I really didn't want to.  I just want to go back now, but I may already have gotten too many points for that.

Don't you know: You can never go back, or is it you can never go home, either way your stuckO.o:D

Another season expected to stall right where I am, casually getting the wins I can, while still tanking in the highest spot and using my money to upgrade my stats--this was going exactly as planned while I waited for the store to naturally refresh before going to bed.

And then I got magic pants~

Now my Ego has risen by 6,000, putting me in a position to easily take out all those fights I was expecting to lose, as well as denting my bank significantly (3.7 mil is no joke for equipment this good). If worse comes to worse, at least I can switch to all-rainbow duds. 😅

demo.jpg

2 hours ago, Magic Sam said:

Another season expected to stall right where I am, casually getting the wins I can, while still tanking in the highest spot and using my money to upgrade my stats--this was going exactly as planned while I waited for the store to naturally refresh before going to bed.

And then I got magic pants~

Now my Ego has risen by 6,000, putting me in a position to easily take out all those fights I was expecting to lose, as well as denting my bank significantly (3.7 mil is no joke for equipment this good). If worse comes to worse, at least I can switch to all-rainbow duds. 😅

demo.jpg

When I saw my list of opponents last thursday I thought I might actually have a shot at winning the league. Or at least end up in the top 4. Alas, with the introduction of event Pachinko a number of players have gotten new and way stronger gear like you did. Now things look quite different. Players I was 1000 stronger than now are 1500 stronger than me. I can't boost my way out of that. I even start to loose more than 1 in 3 in pvp which is ruining my chanches in contests as well.

The last 5 KH SS leggies I got were all for the same slot. Unless I get a good piece of gear thats boosts my stats by 700 or 800 I am scr*****. Maybe I  should switch to HC. Got lovely gear for that. But only Levitya at 4* and GB and Justine at 2*. And 600 kobans to switch classes suddenly sounds a lot cheaper than it did 2 months ago compared to the cost of event pachinko.

We'll have to see what Legendary days are up next.

Edited by dirty harry