How you doing in the "League"

casey

On 12/13/2018 at 5:36 AM, _shal_ said:

So, a nice 384 kobans banked en route to finally reaching Sexpert 2 after five weeks. The bad news is that...

...I'm now the lowest-levelled player by a mile again. Managed to defeat a level 309 opponent to start off the new season though, so I'm probably going to be able to pick off a few points here and there. As after my last promotion, I'm just shooting for 75th place here for the debut week.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:34 AM, _shal_ said:

My targeted 75th place shouldn't be a problem, in any case - haven't checked all opponents in detail, but based on ego numbers I'm fairly sure I'll be able to beat at least 35 of them straight up, and several more with boosters and/or modest RNG luck.

Was hoping to get a little bit closer to the top 60, but 67th is okay for the first week after promotion I guess:

HH-S13S2.png

Back after my previous promotion to S1, I improved from 61st to 35th the second week, so I'm hoping to reach the top 45 this time, but I missed that position by almost 140 points this past week, so I'd have to beat an extra 23 or so opponents to achieve that...even with the usual bracket dilution from week to week, I suspect that's a bit out of my reach unless I fluke an equipment upgrade somewhere. So, it'll probably be a finish around 50th.

Level-wise I've moved up all the way to third-lowest now...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arvelak said:

I got 30th place in Sexpert 3, needed a partial refill to do the last four fights to beat the 31st place guy.

Good you made it. 👍🏻 I didnt get to do my last 4 battles but they were all going to be losses and I would maybe gain one meaningless place. Finished 26th, very satisfied!

Welcome to: Snowman22's Adventures in S2, The Sequel

3 weeks ago he had stumbled into S2. A 11th last place finish and demotion back to S1 had ensued.

This time would be different. After 3 weeks in S1 he was ready. Snowman22 won his S1 bracket. He was prepared for tough times. Snowman22 clicked  to accept his reward and to go to S2. He was reconciled to bottom of table finishes for a few seasons. Snowman22 scanned the S2 bracket with great trepidation. He was, .....  WTF? Where are all the giants? Where are the laughing gods that had sent him cowering back to S1?

Last time there where 23 people in S2 with ego < 160K. This time there are 61!

Last time there where a handful of people with ego > 200K. This time the highest ego is 187K.

Last time snowman22 finished 11th last. This time top 15 is doable.

Can you say dilution? I knew you could.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

3 weeks ago he had stumbled into S2. A 11th last place finish and demotion back to S1 had ensued.

This time would be different. After 3 weeks in S1 he was ready. Snowman22 won his S1 bracket. He was prepared for tough times. Snowman22 clicked  to accept his reward and to go to S2. He was reconciled to bottom of table finishes for a few seasons. Snowman22 scanned the S2 bracket with great trepidation. He was, .....  WTF? Where are all the giants? Where are the laughing gods that had sent him cowering back to S1?

Last time there where a handful of people with ego > 200K. This time the highest ego is 187K.

Dont do it!

Unless you really want to find out where all the 180k-220k ego players went. 😋

31 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

lol somebody sniped my 4th place :(

Thats lame. Though somehow I feel you will survive the ”loss” in kobans. 😁

Edited by DHarry
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, snowman22 said:

Can you say dilution? I knew you could.

I'm with Dharry

6 hours ago, DHarry said:

Dont do it!

Unless you really want to find out where all the 180k-220k ego players went. 😋

😁

Just promoted to SIII, thinking that with X-mas and all It doesn't matter if I score high or not and the season after, when the big shooters and PtW players have moved on to Diktactor 1, I will see where I stand..... WRONG.

It's going to take at least three weeks for enough of them to have moved on to earn some decent prize money.

Then again

I think snowman22 never intended to promote to S3 next season. He just likes to ponder on life as snowmans do, staring out over broad white landscapes with their black eyes, a single icicle hanging from their orange noses and a smoking pipe between their smiling lips.

• Like 5

I have been doing terrible at the leagues... 😵

This is the thing: I'm a 310 level KH player with maxed stats and two legendary KH girls (including the 5 stars one), so the only way I can increase my ego is with legendary KH equipment, and after investing thousands and thousands of coin, I have gotten 4 HC legendaries, 4 Charm ones... and ZERO KH. The only KH legendary equipment I do have, I bought it months ago and it's already kind of underpowered. Now, If I was smarter than I am, I would have kept the 4 HC legendaries and changed classes, but I sold them as I got them to increase my tries at the KH's , and I'm already too emotionally invested in my class anyway.

So, I got to the top league, did horrible but stayed for another run, did terrible again and decided to force a demotion. On the second tier league I did awesome, but forced a 16th place to remain one more week there, and here I am. That's what I'll have to do to keep getting a  healthy flow of XP until I get lucky and finally get those darn KH legendary items. 😑

• Sad 3

@_shal_ Very similar story for me. I finished 67th in S2. I was the lowest leveled player last week, this week I'm the second lowest leveled player. Although a quick glance shows a handful more winnable fights, I've decided to tank this week. My target is 90th place, so I can win first place in S1 next week, and come back to S2 stronger than ever.

I'm going to be sacrificing a fair bit of EXP this week, but I figure I'll more than make up for it the week afterwards.

Edited by Moe Overload

7 minutes ago, Moe Overload said:

@_shal_ I'm going to be sacrificing a fair bit of EXP this week, but I figure I'll more than make up for it the week afterwards.

Hmm, I suspect that's going to be a net loss of XP, actually. I got about 52k during my 2nd place S1 finish two weeks ago (lost only 7 battles, so nearly maximum), and 31k last week in S2. I figure I'm good for about 35k this week and 40k next time, while your tanking effort will be worth...maybe 15k at best this week and something like 48k next week - I don't think you can get 52k in S1 anymore, even if you beat everybody, since the average level will be much lower than it was three weeks before.

4 hours ago, dirty harry said:

I'm with Dharry

Just promoted to SIII, thinking that with X-mas and all It doesn't matter if I score high or not and the season after, when the big shooters and PtW players have moved on to Diktactor 1, I will see where I stand..... WRONG.

It's going to take at least three weeks for enough of them to have moved on to earn some decent prize money.

Then again

I think snowman22 never intended to promote to S3 next season. He just likes to ponder on life as snowmans do, staring out over broad white landscapes with their black eyes, a single icicle hanging from their orange noses and a smoking pipe between their smiling lips.

Snowman22's snowballs retract at the thought of being in S3.

Edited by snowman22
Correct S2->S3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finished 6th in Sexpert 3,  Daniele  the '"cheating" is no more although I think that term your using is being too harsh 

In the new season Daniele you can enjoy knowing the expression "Karma is a bitch" and "what goes around comes around"

applies to me this time as a fellow Peaceful Warrior club  member is in my league and I don't think I can beat him (Boogerstick level 337)

so it appears I will finish 2nd to 4th with 2nd being the most likely outcome

Anyway wishing everyone a happy holiday and hoping that your next epic Pachinko spin brings a mono stat  equipment item in your specialty 

Got 12th in S1, and in S2 I'm the lowest ego of the 102 players (lower 25% of level as well).
All previous runs I've chuckled at some of the super low ego players in the rank I am in and wonder how they did it.  It appears this time it is me.

Are people hovering in S2 afraid of S3?=\

Happy Holidays!

With my great surprise, my first Sexpert II league last week revealed to be much easier than I first thought, to the point I was able to end the turn in 11th position, thus getting promoted directly to Sexpert III. I ended in the same group of old forum pal DHarry, and after using the bonus refill, plus another 15 battle tokens 8 hours and 45 minutes later, I had already ended the beatable players! Despite my upgrades when I attained level 300 a few days ago (304 now, just reached a few hours ago), I found myself in a league with players like Gerald (lvl 321, EGO 204736) and Eric (lvl 321, EGO 203754), and more or less the 85% of the other players with 180k - 195k EGO. In the moment I write this I am already 88th over 103 players, and as it is quite improbable I will gain more than 3 league points per player fought, I doubt I will be able to not get demoted despite my efforts. The main downside is the minimal experience return: frankly I don't understand why the devs first detour half the earnable experience to the leagues, only to give only one fifth upon battles lost instead of one third like the league points. In a league like the one I'm in, the advantage given to the already higher-in-level players in comparison to the ones like me that can't stand up for more than a few battles, becomes abyssal. I didn't considered it before, but effectively the players who gets demoted during the league gain more or less one fifth experience of the players that get promoted, and around level 300, this means gaining (or not) near enough experience to advance an extra level, or more. And this, especially in the arc of a few weeks, IMHO makes quite a big difference.