How you doing in the "League"

casey

4 minutes ago, ObviouslyFake said:

Same. Came out 2nd in my S1 league and now I have the lowest level in my S2 league. I'm going to see how high I can get before giving up on S2 though.

most the player that have level lower than me seems like their booster is still active. welp, time will tell

47 minutes ago, NotBlueNeon said:

This guy is the lowest level player in my league and he just instantly whaling... wondering how long this guy will last... looking into his history, he hit every league at 1st

One refill to start is hardly "whaling"...

57 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Currently waiting to drop out of dicktator I,second week i won't participate in leagues. It's a bummer missing out on rewards,but it's betterbeing a sandbag in dicktator II XD

just fight players you can't beat, then you will at least get some XP points and and hopefully stay in demotion range

I've gone through the motions with my S2 team to prevent promotion to S3 and have finished in 16th or 17th  place the last 4 seasons

Made about 22nd in my D1. That is a little lower than the past few seasons but this time I went tankless and grey or boosterless the whole week (except for 2 green on day 7). There where 4 perfect scores, so even in D1 1 loss puts you 5th. The first perfect score did not appear until day 4.

This week is a different story. The player in first is either crazy or incredibly unlucky or has massive balls. 11 hours in and they have been sitting on 924 pts (12 short of perfect) for hours. This was not a mad D3 7 minute rush. This was the more refined D1 rush. 12 short of perfect but still divisable by 3. So they either:

1. Are sitting there with 4 challenges to go taunting us.
  2. Had 6 losses toward the end and are crying in their beer about the soon to be wasted kobans.
  3. Had 6 early losses but continued the rush for some crazy reason.

I would really like to know what the story is.

2 hours ago, casey said:

just fight players you can't beat, then you will at least get some XP points and and hopefully stay in demotion range

I disagree with this, if you are going to fight, 1 win plus 2 didn't fight will give you more experience than 3 losses. So keep an eye on the demotion point and stay below it while getting wins.

• Like 3

After getting the first place in Sexpert I (managed to win by just 2 points, getting 812 points against 104 opponents), I am now the lowest level player in my Sexpert II league.  The ingredients for winning were luck, fighting all opponents, recent legendary gear (from Pachinko and market), stat upgrades, a 5-star team for my class, and for the last day, boosters (with me saving opponents that I could beat with boosters but not without boosters for last).   Epic Cordyceps is currently strong enough that it makes sense to pay 60 Kobans each to stockpile a few for when it might make a key difference.  Also, having over 100 opponents meant having to buy one refill, which I did at the last moment (my time zone works well for this).  Hope the second place winner is not too disappointed, but at level 279 (compared to mine 135), they probably won the league before.

I do wish the jump in league difficulty was smaller.  After seeing how well I do (it looks like I will run out of beatable opponents on the first day), I will likely skip a week and go back to Sexpert I.  It is unfortunate the you should apparently not aim for the top 15 unless you might get to the top 4.  (Note: Technically, I play GH,  but the mechanics is the same.)

7 hours ago, casey said:

I've gone through the motions with my S2 team to prevent promotion to S3 and have finished in 16th or 17th  place the last 4 seasons

Missing out on experience is part of the drill, doesn't make my gear obsolete and doesn't make the great pachinko more expensive ;)

As I wrote, I was in the same league as DHarry, but at the opposite end. If, as DHarry pointed out, at the top of the list there was a war for the top places, at the end of the lit it was almost literally a war of tanking. I ended at 88th place, and looking at the players in the 89-105 place, frankly the tanking has assumed the proportions of illogic: of those sixteen players, at least two thirds, simply looking at their stats, may have ranked much higher than the demotion zone, and I mean much higher than the 75+ place, or in some cases maybe even compete for promotion.

In all this, obviously I ended again in Dicktator I. At first impact it was not as bad as the previous week, as after using the bonus recharge I had still a couple of beatable opponents, and looking at the list the average EGO size seems a little lower. It is possible that this is a sign that the appearance of Dicktator III leagues has slightly slacked the average difficulty level in Dicktator I, although I am prone to believe I will find myself again in the 75th - 90th place range next Thursday at 5:00 (I am at 74th place the moment I post this, dropped from 70th in the time I wrote the post)

Edited by Observer_X
Wrong quoting

On 4/4/2019 at 11:35 PM, Tommy55 said:

I disagree with this, if you are going to fight, 1 win plus 2 didn't fight will give you more experience than 3 losses. So keep an eye on the demotion point and stay below it while getting wins.

I don’t think he means deliberately losing to winnable opponents? It’s just that, even after you do all the battles against the winnable opponents, there are players whose gears/level that are much better than yours. If you can foresee this beforehand, doing those battles first would allow you more flexibility towards the end of the league round.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, Tommy55 said:

4 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

I don’t think he means deliberately losing to winnable opponents? It’s just that, even after you do all the battles against the winnable opponents, there are players whose gears/level that are much better than yours. If you can foresee this beforehand, doing those battles first would allow you more flexibility towards the end of the league round.

The original context was about getting demoted, so the player wouldn't be doing many fights so I am saying that winning a few fights will get you more xp than losing many. But like most things this is not absolutely true, losing to a very high level player 3 times could get you more xp than beating a very low level one once, but this situation doesn't arise in most leagues.

@Tommy55 Ahh yes you’re absolutely right, I was too rash to make smartass response 😛

It seems that winning 1 fight gets you 4 to 5 times? the xp reward of a lost fight for an opponent with the same level? so that would indeed make what you suggested a more profitable action than the alternative

11 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

@Tommy55 Ahh yes you’re absolutely right, I was too rash to make smartass response 😛

It seems that winning 1 fight gets you 4 to 5 times? the xp reward of a lost fight for an opponent with the same level? so that would indeed make what you suggested a more profitable action than the alternative

XP for winning is 50 plus half the level of the opponent, losing is 20% of that total.

• Like 1

Day 3 update on my interesting D1.

Mr. Balls/Crazy/Sad_boi looks like he is a Sad_boi. His 924 (12 short of perfect) on day 1 has not moved. He has now been passed by Sad_boi2 who for some reason, on day 3, koban rushes into 1st with 930 (6 short of perfect)!

In my last D1 positions 1-4 where all perfect so investing 3K kobans early without a high probability of perfect is a poor decision. If you ARE going to koban rush do your iffy battles first and abort if you pick up some losses. I do not understand the thinking here but I am enjoying the drama.

What will happen next?!

I think those two players learned that lesson the hard way. ;)

In my D2 the top 2 spots are already set with a perfect 999. I'm still on track to match that, but haven't decided yet to tank or not. I don't want to spend too many kobans to rush to 3/4th spot, but I would like to do the maximum fights. As it would mean having to demote from D3 next week, again, I dont want to spend kobans on it. So if 3 and 4 get filled with perfect scores before I can jump there with just a handfull of refills, Ill tank. 

On 4/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, dummyhunter said:

@NotBlueNeon I have recently been promoted to S1. I have 35K ego and 5.5K attack, do you think I have a chance for the 31st - 45th finish? Or shall I go back down to wanker

Probably gonna need a bit more. Im at 70k ego and 13k attack and I struggle to stay in the top 30. Probably want at least 50k ego and 10k attack before going to S1.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 2:36 AM, Chthugha said:

Why o why did I grav 2nd place in the D2 league... now I am in D3 and I automatically did battles in my sleepy morning state. So I think I can forget about demotion as well 😂

I guess there must be two D3 leagues because  i don't see in the one that i'm in 

I wanted to help you with your efforts to demote:D