How you doing in the "League"

casey

Thats what happens when everybody can beat everybody with OP boosters I guess. I just mentioned if because Casey said he had 14 and I though that was rather the norm now in D3, but I was just saying also in D2 max scores start to stack up. There are 5 now in mine and 2 with 1 loss. 

I take it you didnt rush and therefore ended outside the top 15?

5 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Thats what happens when everybody can beat everybody with OP boosters I guess. I just mentioned if because Casey said he had 14 and I though that was rather the norm now in D3, but I was just saying also in D2 max scores start to stack up. There are 5 now in mine and 2 with 1 loss. 

I take it you didnt rush and therefore ended outside the top 15?

Yes. I'm visible in 20th in the second screenshot.

1 hour ago, DHarry said:

Yeah, I saw. I was inquiring wether that was because you refused to spend kobans. 😁

Oh oops. I tried to profit too much, missed the last few spots in the 15 finishing off yeah. I did spend for some refills because group size meant I'd have been like 60th on only free fights.

15 hours ago, Lhans said:

Hm, dang. It's rather competitive in HH. I'm in D1 in Nutaku and while I can't remember when it was locked up, it definitely wasn't in 10 minutes.

To be fair, in my 5 weeks in D1 this was the only time somebody rushed this quickly. The other four seasons took between 3 and 12 hours to find their winners.

2 hours ago, casey said:

I would use the current popular strategy if cannot finish in the top 4 don't move up

Yeah, that's basically the strategy I usually use. Unluckily for me, some weeks ago I miscalculated and ended up promoted to S3 by ending 14th in S2... and then struggled just to remain in S3. As a result, now I'm a bit more careful about handling those situations XD

• Like 1

Welp I finished 94 of 107 so project sandbag was a success. Back to D1 for me. There was the usual boring bunch of perfects at the top. The interesting stuff in this D2 was at the other end. We had a very scrappy bottom 15 players. Not a single zero score. I ended up with 578 points. That is a lot for 94th. I have seen 698 get 30th back in S3.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, casey said:

I would use the current popular strategy if cannot finish in the top 4 don't move up

I can definitely finish in the top 4 depending on if there're Koban spenders or not, it's 1st place that's always taken too early though. Thanks for the advice. 😊 I'll just wait for the right opportunity to move up then. 👍

On 4/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, Observer_X said:

And It has gone exactly as I hypothized, as I finished 86th. My new league has 104 players and looks similar to the previous one, although the start was bad as I fell asleep and lost at least seven free tokens. The base hypothesis for the end of the current league remains the same as the last week one, and probably will stay that way at least until the player count will stay higher than 101.

Not even having said it, even if it happened due to external circumstances (i.e. a lot of free tokens lost due to personal engagements and falling asleep/oversleeping), I ended the previous league at 96th place and got demoted. Obviously, my walk now that I'm back in Sexpert III is much more easier (I'm at 5th place while writing this post, and still have beatable opponents without resorting to boosters).

Matter is, I'm starting to feel a bit worried. In the last weeks, I noted that, even my night owl schedules, fighting to my best effort in the leagues without losing points is becoming increasingly difficult (obviously also due to my other engagements). At this pace, after all my talks against tanking, it seems I may end to seem a tanker myself.

After obtaining Sara Jay (at a considerable expense in Kobans) I decided to go all out with my S2 farm team

I am pleased to report that I'm in first place in that S2 league with a perfect score ( i hope i'm ready for S3):D

• Like 3

I finished this D3 in 7th place some hours ago, (:D nice kobans).
First 15 places are slowly filling with perfect scores too, of course.
Rushing at league start (hare strategy) is very risky now, a single defeat and you are doomed below 16th place.
I used the turtle strategy, slowly gaining assured points during the week while waiting for other players boosters to fade (because almost no one can afford to be constantly max boosted), and using some refills before the end to be sure I was not too late reaching max score (a hard lesson i learnt some weeks ago).

Edited by jelom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jelom said:

I finished this D3 in 7th place some hours ago, (:D nice kobans).
First 15 places are slowly filling with perfect scores too, of course.
Rushing at league start (hare strategy) is very risky now, a single defeat and you are doomed below 16th place.
I used the turtle strategy, slowly gaining assured points during the week while waiting for other players boosters to fade (because almost no one can afford to be constantly max boosted), and using some refills before the end to be sure I was not too late reaching max score (a hard lesson i learnt some weeks ago).

I think I'm using your strategy, just finished my D3 league season in 11th place with a perfect score (the first 5 places were set within 10 minutes of the start of the season)

During the last day of this current season i bought couple of refills so that i could complete all the possible  fights and used strong boosters so that i could get a perfect score

• Like 2

I wanted to promote to D2 but someone got to 1st well, first! 😅 So I'll see how things go this week but here's something strange for Ya'll to look at. 🧐 I checked the Leagues but didn't claim My Rewards cause I wanted to spend some Combativity first and when I went back, My placement changed! 😯 There's no way I could've been in 18th anyways as everyone else was short on points before the League ended and I was in 16th by 1 point lower so.... what in the world happened here and can this happen with 1st place? 🤔 That would kinda suck actually...

20190425_110848.thumb.jpg.a8a72f47ddd2a8761ff8b1b72cd144f7.jpg

20190425_110924.thumb.jpg.aea5f6ec5cbed8268fc1144f05fbbf56.jpg

7 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Hah, be glad it wasn't suddenly 15th 😂

Anyway, shouldn't that go in the bug section 🤔

Yeah, thank goodness for that. 😅 I actually never thought to post this in the bug section since I was mainly just focusing on posting My usual weekly results. If this issue becomes widespread then maybe I'll bring it up again over there. 👍

I have struggled in D2 in the past so whenever I get there I let myself drop to D1 where I make a big gamble for 1st place. It looks like it has paid off this time so my next finish should be great. I've got a slightly better understanding of the meta right now so I'll keep learning about that and hoping I can do better in the rankings for D2 someday.

Ended 6th in Sexpert III, so the pendulum swung me back to Dicktator I, and, as usual, I found myself in a mine field even before ending the free tokens. I must admit that the difference between one league level and the next one is starting to become quite disturbing. Passing one week with almost extraordinary results near the competition for the league winner, and the next struggling to not get demoted and possibly getting a decent reward, is becoming a quite awkward feeling.