Identifying the Dicktator league brackets

_shal_

5 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Little late this time, got a busy week.
Anyway, here is my Dicktator II for this week (107 players, from level 262 to level 383):

blob.png.c5c19e4c0ae238a5b322355cf9d8826c.png

I may be wrong, but when I had a brief look Thursday at 5:00am, there was only 101 players. I have observed the same thing last week, and I must admit I don't like it at all: in the end it turns to be the umpteenth penalty in the game towards free players, this time towards free players that does not use free kobans in the league.

Most players would be happy with that. That just means you can catch up a bit on the D3 players, because you can earn more XP.

16 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Most players would be happy with that. That just means you can catch up a bit on the D3 players, because you can earn more XP.

I am not sure I understood what you mean. Are you saying that the late added players are all weak players I could beat easily, or that they are all high level ex-D3 players that give more XP when beaten? If it is the former, how can you say that they are all "weak" players? If it is the latter, it is unlikely I am able to beat them, as my stats are still too low: if it had not been so, I would have tried again a second time in Dicktator III weeks ago. As far as my league battles go actually, I am able to score sometimes a single win against players with 280-290k EGO, but it is quite rare I am able to score a win against player with 300k EGO or more, so I hardly give a welcome to Dicktator III players that decided to demote to have an easier time.

11 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

I am not sure I understood what you mean. Are you saying that the late added players are all weak players I could beat easily, or that they are all high level ex-D3 players that give more XP when beaten? If it is the former, how can you say that they are all "weak" players? If it is the latter, it is unlikely I am able to beat them, as my stats are still too low: if it had not been so, I would have tried again a second time in Dicktator III weeks ago. As far as my league battles go actually, I am able to score sometimes a single win against players with 280-290k EGO, but it is quite rare I am able to score a win against player with 300k EGO or more, so I hardly give a welcome to Dicktator III players that decided to demote to have an easier time.

You're capped at only being able to fight each opponent 3 times. The more opponents you have, the more fights you can make and thus you can more exp. Now that lower leagues are growing bigger than D3 is, there's more people to fight so you'll be able to do more fights than those in d3 can. D3 is typically smaller than the maximum number of free fights lets you do.

Also, most people who try to remain within a league tier can't make use of all their available tokens if they want to stay out of the top 15. Larger brackets may mean that the points scores will be higher overall and so fewer tokens will go wasted en route to a 16+ finish.

Anyway, the five players who entered my D2 bracket late run the gamut from one that's contending for the win to players who are well below average in strength.

Edited by _shal_

15 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

D3 is typically smaller than the maximum number of free fights lets you do.

If this was told earlier, I surely missed it, because I had no idea. Moreover, the only Dicktator III I played was 105 players, so I wouldn't even have imagined this thing.

Anyway, if all the players that enter Dicktator II are strong ex-Dicktator III players, that may mean I will be able to end the league without ditching battle tokens, but being so strong players for me (at least actually) this will mean an added small streak (6-8 at maximum, but usually less) of lost battles, meaning around 300-400 experience points difference. Not a shout-to-miracle difference, at least IMHO, but as some people says sometimes, anything goes. Moreover, I think that it's possible that we still need to get the measurement of the impact of this change. After all, It started last week, and early conclusions about i may have been flawed by the big leagues bug. A few weeks may be needed to have some sure data, but until then, my first impression, about the fact that this change will enlarge (although slightly) the gap between koban spenders and non koban spenders in the league, is still unchanged.

6 hours ago, Observer_X said:

If this was told earlier, I surely missed it, because I had no idea. Moreover, the only Dicktator III I played was 105 players, so I wouldn't even have imagined this thing.

D3 (amongst others) league size was mentioned most weeks by Habi in the league round-up post.

22 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

D3 (amongst others) league size was mentioned most weeks by Habi in the league round-up post.

You're right, I forgot that. I didn't pay much attention to league sizes in Habi reports, I was more curious about the total number of players in each league level.

D2, 103 players at the time of the league start:

image.png.c2e38d86bcf33f8899590861e963035e.png

...but 104 by now. (Edit: And half an hour later it's 105.)

Unusually high median level at 352, normally it's been somewhere between 335 and 340...

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Hello Habi my old friend... 

Yep, I'm with Habi again. Just this time I'm 12 highest in lvl instead of 22nd. Maybe I'll take it easy this week for a cheaper top 15 finish as they're are exactly 4 players already active and much sooner than me. Don't feel like spending for another 5th. 😂

• Haha 1