Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

16 hours ago, jelom said:

If you want to know the distribution of probabilities you can use this binomial graph calculator.

If we take p = 0.02 (2%) and n (number of tries) = 182 we have that the probability of getting 0 girls with Mythic pachinko free spins during a year would be 0.0253 (2.53%). The usual result would be between 1 and 6 girls.

image.png.3dffc31b39b0ac4dfbf32af588e15bdd.png

How much would you charge me to do my taxes?9_9............also could i pay you in kobans:D

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I... really don't follow your logic, here. I would expect you to dislike or not even consider the Mythic Pachinko in general, given your self-imposed no-koban policy, but the free spin?

It's free, so any value at all you get from it is a bonus. And in this case what you get even in the (almost) worst case is actually quite valuable! You seem to greatly underestimate just how scarce legendary boosters are. I don't think you can get them from arena (at least I never did), and even in the shop, they show up very rarely (I think I saw two in my market, ever, and they're super expensive too). So a good chance of getting such an item every other day for free is very far from worthless (because they're very impactful when you equip them, at least in an adequate setup). The other thing you can typically get is a legendary book, which costs a ton in Ymens in the market (when you even get the option to buy one), and give a lot of greatly needed XP to one of your girls. Getting a few of these for free on a regular basis is also very good. And on top of that, it's not unlikely that you'll get a free girl or two along the way... What's not to like?

I mean, the daily free spin of the Great Pachinko actually has a pretty low value on average, but it's still worth using, because why not, right? It's free. This is the same thing, but with much more value.

Dunno if you will anyway be able to follow or agree (not that the last one has the utmost importance) but I will try to rephrase.

When one uses one free spin at Mythic Pachinko, that one has 0,2% to obtain one of the three (or less) girls in the rotation, and 99,8% to obtain a legendary booster or book. This, IMHO, makes free spin worthless to obtain girls, as by the time a girl would drop, I will have already started using kobans and got most of the girls in other ways, so I will have most of the rotations empty, which means that between a few partial rotations and the standard probability of drop, overall the probability of getting a girl becomes less than zero. Even if there was the certainty of getting two girls a year: at the current rate I earn 4 or 5 girls a month, which means from 48 to 60 girls a year, so on average 54. If for any of you from 54 to 56 girls is a huge difference, you are of course free to think so. For me it is not.

Regarding the items, let's try to explain this way. Let's call x the amount of items one one obtains from Mythic pachinko in a certain period (except the ones from Mythic pachinko), and let's call y the amount of the same type of items that the same one obtains free in the game. At the start of the game, x mantains a certain usefulness due to the legendary nature of the items, especially because they are needful to keep harem girls at maximum level. When the player advances in the game, the items obtained progressively lose value because tons of experience items may be obtained through Jackson's Crew and in general a player has a lot of ymens to buy them in the market if needs be (one book every two days, even a legendary one, when one has over 100 girls to keep leveled up in his harem, makes little difference IMHO), progressively making x / y smaller and smaller . Boosters make little or no difference because all players play that free spins, so on the average all players will get more or less the same things, leaving the overall situation of the game unchanged.

All in all, clearly I didn't make my point understood: it is not that I don't like Mythic pachinko, it's simply that IMHO the game with Mythic Pachinko, and the game without it, is practically without a consistently useful change (at least regarding free spins). I agree that free is always free, but I don't agree that free is always useful.

Aside from all this, I would like to clear a detail about a matter that some of you pointed out lately: it's true that I play the game without using kobans, but better said it would be that for now I play the game without using kobans. Actually I don't know when it will be, but sooner or later I will use the kobans that I have amassed. For what I know now, unless my patience with the game becomes exhausted or there is some negative change in my personal life that forces me to leave the game (and unluckily for me, this last one is more than possible) I will start to use my kobans when at some point in the future (clearly I don't know how far) the devs will declare the end of further game development. So, sooner or later (hopefully later) I will use my kobans, simply for a number of reasons (that I already explained elsewhere in the past) I decided to not use them now. Other players are free to see this behaviour as dumb, but can save their time in giving me advices (being those good or stupid) on how to better use my kobans, as they are not welcome. No offense for anyone: if I believe I need advice, I ask openly, but I am a person who generally does not listen to unsolicited advice, especially if given with an air of superiority (or pretending to be amusing, in case of stupid advice). One more time, I give my excuses for this last off-topic part.

P.S. I got a legendary magazine with my last free spin

Edited by Observer_X
  • Thinking 2

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

0,2% to obtain one of the three (or less) girls in the rotation, and 99,8% to obtain a legendary booster or book.

Just to clarify, it's 2%, not 0.2%. It might seem like a minor error, but it's actually 10 times more.

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I agree that free is always free, but I don't agree that free is always useful.

To clarify again, I didn't imply that. I even specifically compared this with the good old free spin of the great pachinko, whose value actually is almost negligible. The free spin of mythic pachinko is useful because it gives good stuff, which is useful. On top of that, it happens to be free.

Beyond that, I dunno, it looks to me like you're overly eager to mention, justify and/or defend your so-called "strategy" about kobans in almost every post, and that's really unnecessary. The worst part is that on top of that, you never explained it clearly, let alone concisely. Until this thread where you started to talk about hoarding your kobans so that you can spend them all at once on the game's judgment day, all I got from your many posts about it was "okay, that guy refuses to use his kobans, he somehow thinks it's a valid strategy, and he'll complain about any feature or event in the game that actually requires kobans to work"... Now it appears to be something quite different, but I honestly don't care either way. You do you, and that's absolutely fine. I'd just like you to please relax and stop shoving your views about kobans into every discussion.

As I emphasized in my previous reply, the point I was addressing was your dismissal of the free spin specifically as essentially garbage, when it's definitely not. I'm not convinced by either of your explanations, though, sorry. For one, just because everyone gets nice freebies, doesn't make them trash; some players will no doubt be able to extract more value from them than others, but everyone will benefit from it at least to an extent. And for two, every single veteran player I know is actually starving for books, despite buying every single one in the market with each reset (regardless of rarity) and even those who get extras from the end-game boss. If you're not in this situation, good for you, but you're certainly in the minority.

Long story short, you think that the free spins will have no impact for you. You're of course entitled to your opinion, no one forces you to like this feature, or kobans, or anything else in this game for that matter. It's just that you expressed it in a way that was a bit extreme, and made it sound like you were speaking about the free spins' worth (or lack thereof, according to you) for players in general:

On 11/22/2019 at 11:02 PM, Observer_X said:

overall the free spin can be valued between the "have it or not makes no difference" and the "absolutely worthless".

That's just not the case at all, except from your very own perspective. At the end of the day, we're all free to play this game however we like. Let's just agree to disagree on this. :)

• Thinking 1

9 hours ago, Observer_X said:

When one uses one free spin at Mythic Pachinko, that one has 0,2% to obtain one of the three (or less) girls in the rotation, and 99,8% to obtain a legendary booster or book. This, IMHO, makes free spin worthless to obtain girls, as by the time a girl would drop, I will have already started using kobans and got most of the girls in other ways, so I will have most of the rotations empty, which means that between a few partial rotations and the standard probability of drop, overall the probability of getting a girl becomes less than zero.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at so much confused thinking.

I'll say one thing: It's good that you're not listening to other people's unsolicited advice, because you're the type of person who would invariably misunderstand or misinterpret any advice given. So it's for the best that you're limiting your errors to just those that you come up with completely on your own.

Edited by _shal_

13 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Just to clarify, it's 2%, not 0.2%. It might seem like a minor error, but it's actually 10 times more. 

Got me on that. Re-read the post too quickly. Although, even with that difference, my opinion does not change (see below).

To clarify again, I didn't imply that. I even specifically compared this with the good old free spin of the great pachinko, whose value actually is almost negligible. The free spin of mythic pachinko is useful because it gives good stuff, which is useful. On top of that, it happens to be free.

[...]

As I emphasized in my previous reply, the point I was addressing was your dismissal of the free spin specifically as essentially garbage, when it's definitely not. I'm not convinced by either of your explanations, though, sorry. For one, just because everyone gets nice freebies, doesn't make them trash; some players will no doubt be able to extract more value from them than others, but everyone will benefit from it at least to an extent. And for two, every single veteran player I know is actually starving for books, despite buying every single one in the market with each reset (regardless of rarity) and even those who get extras from the end-game boss. If you're not in this situation, good for you, but you're certainly in the minority.

Long story short, you think that the free spins will have no impact for you. You're of course entitled to your opinion, no one forces you to like this feature, or kobans, or anything else in this game for that matter. It's just that you expressed it in a way that was a bit extreme, and made it sound like you were speaking about the free spins' worth (or lack thereof, according to you) for players in general:

That's just not the case at all, except from your very own perspective. At the end of the day, we're all free to play this game however we like. Let's just agree to disagree on this. :)

Absolutely. I was only giving my own opinion on the impact that feature will have on the game. The misfortune with forums is that written language often misses overall info transmission, and in cases like this it may seem that I am writing post to try to start a crusade or convince thousands of people of my truth... and this will never be the case. As you can see by searching some of my old posts, In the past I wrote quite a number of times: "One's account, one's decisions".

Beyond that, I dunno, it looks to me like you're overly eager to mention, justify and/or defend your so-called "strategy" about kobans in almost every post, and that's really unnecessary. The worst part is that on top of that, you never explained it clearly, let alone concisely. Until this thread where you started to talk about hoarding your kobans so that you can spend them all at once on the game's judgment day, all I got from your many posts about it was "okay, that guy refuses to use his kobans, he somehow thinks it's a valid strategy, and he'll complain about any feature or event in the game that actually requires kobans to work"... Now it appears to be something quite different, but I honestly don't care either way. You do you, and that's absolutely fine. I'd just like you to please relax and stop shoving your views about kobans into every discussion.

The same thing as above manifests about this: you should see those "insertions" as notes to people new to the forum, who can then search the older post I mentioned if they feel a deeper explanation is needed. I do not intend them as continual remarks on my play style, but I must admit that I can easily get misunderstood on this. Luckily, when the following happens:

9 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at so much confused thinking.

I'll say one thing: It's good that you're not listening to other people's unsolicited advice, because you're the type of person who would invariably misunderstand or misinterpret any advice given. So it's for the best that you're limiting your errors to just those that you come up with completely on your own.

up to now I have (almost) learnt to ignore judgements like the ones from The One Who Wields The Supreme Right Of Judging People Because He Owns the Supreme Power Of Knowing Fully How People Are Made Only By Reading Their Forum Posts. Probably the only good reason I still didn't put him in my ignore list is that sometimes he comes out with surprisingly good pearls of wisdom when I find him in a rare case where he is addressing another player without his usual destructive behaviour (did ya saw that Coca Cola TV advertising? I love you hater).

A behaviour that, luckily, you never had answering to me, @DvDivXXX:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, windia said:

I realized the fact that when I have all three girls that I don't get the free spin.

That somehow sucks - and yes, it is a gift, so I don't look a gift horse in the mouse.

You should still get the free spin. You just cannot get a girl from it 🤔

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

You should still get the free spin. You just cannot get a girl from it 🤔

It was grayed out like here: 

I checked the possible girls and I had them all. Next round with new girls: new free spin. Well, I don't care that much - it is a gift anyway.

Edited by windia

12 minutes ago, windia said:

I realized the fact that when I have all three girls that I don't get the free spin.

So soon? And with all three in the current rotation being pachinko only? Well, random is random. The good thing with a big collection is that you're also more likely to see rotations with 2 girls you already have, instead of all 3 (and maybe even 2 girls you already have, and one with some shards already, which would be the nuts for this feature).

39 minutes ago, windia said:

It was grayed out like here: 

I checked the possible girls and I had them all. Next round with new girls: new free spin. Well, I don't care that much - it is a gift anyway.

Weird. I had all three in the first cycle on Nutaku, but still got the free spin 🤔

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

So soon? And with all three in the current rotation being pachinko only? Well, random is random. The good thing with a big collection is that you're also more likely to see rotations with 2 girls you already have, instead of all 3 (and maybe even 2 girls you already have, and one with some shards already, which would be the nuts for this feature).

yeah - RNG presented me 3 of my 200 girls :) 

And yes, I don't care to much about.

• Haha 1

So, apparently avatars are in the pool (at least they are now, because what I'm about to quote says they've been added recently). So now we know. Still unclear why the preview for avatars is absent from the UI, though.

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/11977-did-not-get-my-2-girls/#

On 11/22/2019 at 7:53 AM, horo kinkoid said:

Hey!

Since the avatars have been recently added to the new Pachinko, did you check that isn’t an avatar instead of a character? Please control your game profile and check it. ;) 

@snowman22 The pool for Mythic is not limited to the ones from Epic pachinko

From the patch notes: "All the girls in the game will be in the pool (except Troll girls and Patreon Girls)" .

You have 192 girls so your pool is in round numbers 100 girls of a total elegible of 300. The probability of not having a girl in the MP pool is roughly (200/300)^3 = 30%

Edited by jelom

Il 24/11/2019 in 18:56 , windia ha scritto:

That somehow sucks - and yes, it is a gift, so I don't look a gift horse in the mouse.

Are you sure that you didn't get your free spin while being a little lost in thoughts and you don't remember having it?

Because it happened to me, too, but in my gh account, to have all the guys of the very first MyP rotation, and while the 3 games and 6 games buttons were gray, the free spin option was active, and only after I got the free spin (I got a legendary ginseng root) the 1 game button became gray as well  

9 hours ago, jelom said:

@snowman22 The pool for Mythic is not limited to the ones from Epic pachinko

From the patch notes: "All the girls in the game will be in the pool (except Troll girls and Patreon Girls)" .

You have 192 girls so your pool is in round numbers 100 girls of a total elegible of 300. The probability of not having a girl in the MP pool is roughly (200/300)^3 = 30%

Thanks jelom, I missed that, it does move the needle. More girls dilutes the chance of the one I want. Worse. Having non-EpP girls in MyP. Better.

I have one legendary in the pool at 98 shards (don't ask). Having her show up as a singleton is the only time I would consider a MyP roll. Including jelom's correction I think this means a 0.444% chance each try of getting her as a singleton or 312 days before I reach a cumulative 50% chance. Not great but better than nothing, probably better than waiting for her in a LD.

40 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

Having her show up as a singleton is the only time I would consider a MyP roll. Including jelom's correction I think this means a 0.444% chance each try of getting her as a singleton or 312 days before I reach a cumulative 50% chance.

If you want a specific girl to appear in a Mythic pachinko rotation, the odds are ~1% (3 * 1/300 rounding the odds).