Seasons feature is live

jelom

14 minuti fa, GeorgeMTO ha scritto:

Pretty much all your feedback is useless based on the fact that you think you've been testing it for 4 days when it's been out for just over 48 hours. If we can't trust you to count to two, the rest is absolute garbage.

It was released on November 2nd .. it's true, it's not 4 days, but 3 ..

On the fact of the neophyte, I have been playing this game since 2018! So I'm not a neophyte at all .. I just never had an interest in commenting in the forum, because I've always found everything positive. And also because I'm not very versed in English, so I always have to use the translator.
This is the first thing that in my opinion is possible to improved.
What I have given you is a player's advice to improve the offer, if you don't care, do as you please.

That said, if you don't believe I have been playing since 2018, go check the post event polls, I have always participated in everyone. ;)

11 minuti fa, Forman ha scritto:

Don't you think that 2 out of 4 days were on the test? Or do you prefer to act first and think later? Why is your aggression?

Aggression? Why?

I've give only my opinion.. the idea for the new Season Mode is VERY GOOD! But some thing is bad. Possibly to improve, because lose battles 3-4 time in a row is frustrating. That's All. ;) 

Just now, ugogigi said:

It was released on November 2nd .. it's true, it's not 4 days, but 3 ..

On the fact of the neophyte, I have been playing this game since 2018! So I'm not a neophyte at all .. I just never had an interest in commenting in the forum, because I've always found everything positive. And also because I'm not very versed in English, so I always have to use the translator.
This is the first thing that in my opinion is possible to improved.
What I have given you is a player's advice to improve the offer, if you don't care, do as you please.

That said, if you don't believe I have been playing since 2018, go check the post event polls, I have always participated in everyone. ;)

It's currently 1:44pm UTC+1 on the 4th of November. The feature was released at 1pm UTC+1 on 2nd of November. Just over 48 hours is not 3 days in any reasonable measure, so I stand by the fact that your feedback is utter useless because after double checking, you still cannot count.

I also never said you were a neophyte, just that you've never commented. Lack of reading comprehension, again confirming that you cannot provide meaningful feedback.

• Thinking 1

The new pvp seasons has really turned out to be utter garbage. I still keep getting 300-400+ opponents while I'm level 239. Since it got rolled out after testing then it is crystal clear that this was nothing but an award for the 400+ leveled players so they wouldn't quit out of boredom they reached. So I don't care about it anymore and won't bother much with it anymore either. But with upcoming events where you have to beat 60+ players people will get stuck there. There is a difference of being able to do 1 pvp per hour and being able to do 3 every half hour in the old arena.

Also one thing that somehow all are missing here is: They did not have to remove the arena for this. They could have added this seasons crap to it but they chose not to and that shows to me where this game is going toward from now on namely catering solely to the ones that pay.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

10 minuti fa, GeorgeMTO ha scritto:

It's currently 1:44pm UTC+1 on the 4th of November. The feature was released at 1pm UTC+1 on 2nd of November. Just over 48 hours is not 3 days in any reasonable measure, so I stand by the fact that your feedback is utter useless because after double checking, you still cannot count.

I also never said you were a neophyte, just that you've never commented. Lack of reading comprehension, again confirming that you cannot provide meaningful feedback.

The fact that I am not very fluent in English does not mean that I cannot understand the games (since I play the Italian version).
That said .. I repeat, mine was just an opinion .. if you consider it garbage, free not to consider it. ;) 

ps: It's also useless to do the polls to know the opinion of the people, if the FIRST note that one person make you in 2 years (in the rest is ever all good and I never had reason to write because everything has always been fine for me), you react like this .. :(

By! ;) 
(sorry for eventually error, I use the translator for write this messeges)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This might have changed in the patch but I increased my tier yesterday and had an immediate loss, which brought me down into the previous tier mojo (didn't change rewards or tier number).  I think a minor improvement would be to lock into the minimum mojo of the tier you're in.  e.g. If you get to tier 2 then have 20 losses in a row, you would still stay in tier 2 with the minimum mojo needed to get to that tier.  That would be a minor respite from the tough loss scenarios if you have bad RNG etc. instead of in theory being able to lose your way back to the beginning mojo level.

UPDATE: I may be wrong about tier number not changing.  I just noticed the frontpage says one tier number and my seasons page says another.  So that may be a bug or always been that way and I just looked at the wrong one.  But the sentiment still holds.

Edited by jpanda
update add
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

From a user's first ever comment absolutely I think they've never even heard of the test server. Take your own advice.

Oh, thank you for taking care of me. The user wrote exactly the same as many before him. And you say that his data is worthless because he indicated the wrong time.

• Like 8

The patch note just confirmed that the girls are exclusive to seasons. So if you are a free player and you want to get all the girls, pay now or you might as well quit because you'll never be able to catch 'em all. Has a single line in patch notes every been such a big fuck you to so many players before?

• Like 4
  • Thinking 2

7 minutes ago, ShadowWeaver said:

The patch note just confirmed that the girls are exclusive to seasons. So if you are a free player and you want to get all the girls, pay now or you might as well quit because you'll never be able to catch 'em all. Has a single line in patch notes every been such a big fuck you to so many players before?

I suggest learning to read, because they didn't say they wouldn't return in the future. Just because they can only be obtained via Seasons doesn't mean they will only be obtainable this one specific month.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Applied, 40 lvls are too much leeway. Even in the old arena system i was unable to beat players with 20lvls advantage, it's simply impossible when this is doubled down to 40...

Defeating players 20 levels higher is quite easy. I did it regularly in the old arena. If you are not, you are not updating gear, or spending money on stats?

Also, this patch makes a really big change!

The thing about average mojo gains people had posted about before this post is wrong for 2 reasons:

• You get a choice of 3 opponents to fight. Take the best one! I regularly get an opponent in the mix that will give me more Mojo, even though he's lower level compared to the other 2 opponents.
  • You get to choose *if* you want to fight. 

If all players collectively aim at maximizing Mojo, instead of using up all their kisses, we can keep leap-frogging each other to gain Mojo. That way we can all keep progressing, and the patch will prevent mismatches where you are matched with 3 x 400+ opponents and must swallow a drop. I'm now actually really interested to see how this will look at the end of the month! With this patch most people should (hopefully) be able to win more than 50% of their matches, and gain more then the average 20 Mojo.

I am (dare I say it) impressed with the quick intervention by KK (I know I am easy with criticism, so I think it's also fair to give positive feedback as easily :D).

Too bad the "season pass" is still $ only. :P

PS my 247 just beat a 278... I never kept track of the max level difference, but I'm going to keep an eye out from now on.

Edited by Shorty-er
PS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I suggest learning to read, because they didn't say they wouldn't return in the future. Just because they can only be obtained via Seasons doesn't mean they will only be obtainable this one specific month.

Even before the patch notes I thought KK would do some kind of revival in the seasons offering shards for old season girls in addition to one new girl in every season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jelom said:

Even before the patch notes I thought KK would do some kind of revival in the seasons offering shards for old season girls in addition to one new girl in every season.

I more expected them to come back some other way (and even then I still kinda expect that to happen. Exclusive can just mean "not in the pachinko right now"), but yeah, pretty much every long term player would expect Kinkoid to bring them back eventually. It's just silly to leave them uncollectable for new whales.

2 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

47 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I more expected them to come back some other way (and even then I still kinda expect that to happen. Exclusive can just mean "not in the pachinko right now"), but yeah, pretty much every long term player would expect Kinkoid to bring them back eventually. It's just silly to leave them uncollectable for new whales.

I know what the word exclusive means. I didn't say they wouldn't come back but consider this, it makes no to have them come back except behind the pay wall again. Why would you put something behind a pay wall and then some time later bring it back for free? Sure that would be great for free players but then the ones who paid for it be pissed that they were suckers to fall for the obvious cash grab when all they had to do was wait. As soon it happened, everyone would realize that there's no reason to pay and the cash grab becomes useless. Do you think they are that stupid as to at any point sabotage their cash grab?

31 minutes ago, ShadowWeaver said:

Do you think they are that stupid as to at any point sabotage their cash grab?

Yes. Many people (incl me) have been hoping and asking for more ways to pay. By not expanding the payment options there clearly is a malfunction in the cash-grabbyness of KK.

I mean, I actually like the "pass-girl". Since she's the first not-half-bad girl in almost as long as I've been playing I wouldn't mind paying for the pass (assuming I get far enough to collect her). But as there still is no option available or that I trust to get money to KK, I'm still a F2P player :D.

I still don't understand why Kinkoid insists on using Mojo and level to pair players when using Ego would be a lot easier and fair.

Oh yeah, I forgot, if they used Ego all the players with boosters would end playing against each other, and that would defeat the purpose of using them... except for the League, of course.

• Thinking 2

3 hours ago, Shorty-er said:

Defeating players 20 levels higher is quite easy. I did it regularly in the old arena. If you are not, you are not updating gear, or spending money on stats?

8 hours ago, blaa said:

i guess, in the old arena system nobody was able to beat players with 20 level above. But the reason wasnt their strength.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Eman said:

Ego would be a lot easier and fair.

Ego is too easy to manipulate and can change by huge amounts. 4 x purple cordy gives almost no extra ego but makes you lethal. 4 x purple Chorl increases your ego by 40% (about 150K for me) but is a poor choice (except against champs L5).

Mojo should be the correct stat to use. I just think they have a poor implementation.

• Like 1

hace 16 minutos, snowman22 dijo:

Ego is too easy to manipulate and can change by huge amounts. 4 x purple cordy gives almost no extra ego but makes you lethal. 4 x purple Chorl increases your ego by 40% (about 150K for me) but is a poor choice (except against champs L5).

Mojo should be the correct stat to use. I just think they have a poor implementation.

You're right, but the problem of Mojo is that it doesn't take into consideration the rest of the stats. At least now with the level range limit this is somewhat fixed, but not by much.

Simply put, there is no perfect way to pair players using only one or two stats, it needs to be done using the whole package.

• Like 1

So here's a thought. Stop thinking for a moment of this "season" as a PvP challange. Consider it a challange to the collective player base in co-operative play. How do we get everyone to lvl max?

If my account pop ups for someone else as one of his 3 possible opponents, it doesn't cost me anything, correct? I mean, I can only lose Mojo when *I* am playing.

So if I use my strongest team while I am selecting and fighting opponents (Duh!) and then I change to my worst possible line-up for the next 10 hours while I build up "Kisses" again, then everyone who draws me as opponent has an easier time. The more this happens, the more I will have (somewhat) weaker people ahead of me (who might otherwise have had to take a loss and/or got stuck "below" me in Mojo). So I will have more somewhat easier people ahead of me when I come back, put up my strongest team, and start fighting again.

Obviously the more people do this, the more we help each other and thus help ourselves. And it's a easy as simply rotating your Alpha out. But even if not enough players do this to notice, it still makes selfish sense for every player to do this.

Am I missing something? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Shorty-er said:

Also, this patch makes a really big change!

The thing about average mojo gains people had posted about before this post is wrong for 2 reasons:

• You get a choice of 3 opponents to fight. Take the best one! I regularly get an opponent in the mix that will give me more Mojo, even though he's lower level compared to the other 2 opponents.
  • You get to choose *if* you want to fight. 

If all players collectively aim at maximizing Mojo, instead of using up all their kisses, we can keep leap-frogging each other to gain Mojo. That way we can all keep progressing, and the patch will prevent mismatches where you are matched with 3 x 400+ opponents and must swallow a drop. I'm now actually really interested to see how this will look at the end of the month! With this patch most people should (hopefully) be able to win more than 50% of their matches, and gain more then the average 20 Mojo.

I am (dare I say it) impressed with the quick intervention by KK (I know I am easy with criticism, so I think it's also fair to give positive feedback as easily :D).

Too bad the "season pass" is still $ only. :P

PS my 247 just beat a 278... I never kept track of the max level difference, but I'm going to keep an eye out from now on.

Stats maxed, gear maxed, 3 5*leggies also maxed. You just haven't hit the 400lvl treshhold and it's terrible believe me.

5 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Stats maxed, gear maxed, 3 5*leggies also maxed. You just haven't hit the 400lvl treshhold and it's terrible believe me.

I believe you! (I will probably quit when I reach 400 :D). But the "let's dump everything 400+ together" is for contests, right? Are they still putting everything 400+ together for "Seasons" instead of limiting it to +-40 levels? Or is 40 levels higher so much worse at 400+ compared to between 200-300?

hace 1 hora, Shorty-er dijo:

I believe you! (I will probably quit when I reach 400 :D). But the "let's dump everything 400+ together" is for contests, right? Are they still putting everything 400+ together for "Seasons" instead of limiting it to +-40 levels? Or is 40 levels higher so much worse at 400+ compared to between 200-300?

There's life and game after level 400. It may not be as easy, if it ever was, but it isn't impossible.

hace 4 minutos, jelom dijo:

They do it in chess. It is called ELO. A single number gives the strength of a player.

Interesting. Maybe the devs should take note and try if they can use it on the game.

1 hour ago, Eman said:

Interesting. Maybe the devs should take note and try if they can use it on the game.

Erm, Mojo is an Elo-like score, it's just implemented with serious shortcomings. (Most of which are unavoidable because of how PvP works here.) Anyway...

4 hours ago, Eman said:

(...) the problem of Mojo is that it doesn't take into consideration the rest of the stats.

Of course it does, simply because stronger players will find it easier to increase their mojo score than weaker players do, so eventually stronger players will be fighting only each other and weaker players will also only be fighting each other. That's the whole point of the stat. It didn't work very well in the arena because large parts of the overall range of mojo scores were fractured into "bubbles" after three years which it was impossible to get out of (so being stronger/weaker no longer mattered, only being active/inactive did), but with monthly resets that should be much less of a problem, and the soft resets mooted in the patch note will help some, too.

The reason it worked so badly for the first two days of Seasons is not the way mojo works, but that 1) players have no control over which opponents they're set against, and 2) the hero level puts a cap on how much stronger people can actually make themselves. You can compare two level 400 players and determine that one of them is "strong" and one is "weak", but in comparing a level 400 with a level 300 those terms simply lose their meaning. That's why a level restriction was required to be added, so that people don't get forced into absolutely impossible combat situations.

(Although, technically it wasn't required, but the alternative would have been to let high-level people win a lot for several weeks and low-level players to lose a lot, in order to let strength-appropriate mojo ratings come about for everybody, and that's obviously not compatible with a month-long competition that is meant to hand out rewards based on mojo gains. The level restriction essentially breaks things down into contest-style brackets, just with fluid borders.)

Edit: Disclaimer - I'm not saying that ±40 is necessarily the appropriate setting for the level ranges here, but the idea behind it is correct. We'll see if there's a need for Kinkoid to tweak it further.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, ShadowWeaver said:

I know what the word exclusive means. I didn't say they wouldn't come back but consider this, it makes no to have them come back except behind the pay wall again. Why would you put something behind a pay wall and then some time later bring it back for free? Sure that would be great for free players but then the ones who paid for it be pissed that they were suckers to fall for the obvious cash grab when all they had to do was wait. As soon it happened, everyone would realize that there's no reason to pay and the cash grab becomes useless. Do you think they are that stupid as to at any point sabotage their cash grab?

You mean like the girls that are first put only in the pachinko that then get put onto bosses in certain events? Or the girls in the locked path of PoA that can then be added to the pachinko pool? This is the first time general gameplay girls are behind a real money only paywall (so yes, we're not counting patreon), so yeah, I fully expect these girls will come back in the future and be available in ways that some players can get them without spending money. The paying money just means you get to have them this year instead of next (or in 2 years ect, Golden Bunny still waiting to return to a boss :P)

• Like 2