Seasons feature is live

jelom

I really don't think "getting out of the way" is necessary. I just did one winning battle, which pushed my mojo from 10,005 to 10,026, and I passed more than a thousand people on the ranking (from 9,6xx to 8,5xx) just with those 21 points. In other words, there's a ton of people parked at 10k, and the vast, vast majority of them appear to be unboosted based on what I've seen in past days cycling my score up and down around the 10k mark.

• Like 2

Summary from my experience in the first season:

First some numbers

I reached tier 20 on day 10 (215 battles), tier 35 on day 16 (356 battles) and tier 45 on day 20 (449 battles), fighting until the last day to see how much mojo I could get without refilling kisses (for science as shal says).

Total 705 battles, 15739 total mojo (includes the 1000 mojo at start), with 15,3 average mojo before patch on day 4, 21,3 average post patch, and 20,9 total average. I lost two battles, my fault, I could have selected other player those times.

The max mojo reward of all those battles (I almost always battled the opponent which gave more mojo, so this is a variation of the max mojo) was 34 mojo points, but before tier 45 was only 27.

I had some times as wide as -58 level difference with the opponents, especially noticeable after I reached tier 45, but in general, the difference was mostly +/- 10 levels.

A brief view of the current top 200 leaderboard: 1st place 18351 mojo, I am at 29 place with 15739, position 200 at 13366 mojo.

112 players of level 400+, 74 players of level 300-400 and 14 players of level 235-300, so this is a proof that the feature can be played by everybody,

And now my comment about the first season. In general, and with the patch changes it has been easy to reach max tier, I consider it now a balanced feature, which gives all except the completely new players (under level 150 at season start) the option to get all rewards. It gives you some work if you want to win all battles, but if not you can just go with the flow and do all your battles without looking if you win or lose as in the old arena, and still reach tier 45 at the end.

I don't like the season pass to be only unlocked with real money, but I understand this is a business. I like that you can save the rewards during the whole month and use it the moment they are more convenient for you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jelom2 said:

BTW, have you seen the new reward list.

Yes! My one comment and complaint about the previous season was XP and girls being locked behind real money, seems like that's no longer the case! Now I assume that we'll get 100 flowers instead if we buy the season pass as I see both season girls are in the normal and bonus rewards list. Huge step up.

The season pass is still real cash only, but I'm fine with that now, as I don't feel "forced" to buy it now (being someone who wants every girl that I can get ^^).

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

Yes this is a realy great Improvement! But nevertheless it's sad, that the Season Pass is only on real cash.

But the pass is "just" orbs, money, kobans, ... basically, what you can already buy with real cash. I'm personally fine with that.

By the way, someone who buys the pass and reaches tier 45 will get 200 flowers? 🤔

Could be a problem of the right words in another language. I'm not angry about it, only not happy. Not because, as a F2p player, I don't get the rewards. It's the Fact of direct paying in game with real cash and not with kobans like refills or Pachinko what's more my problem.

Edited by bolitho76

28 minutes ago, jelom2 said:

Yes my mojo was also reset to 2800 from 15833.

BTW, have you seen the new reward list. I love Kinkoid!!! 👍:x

Both girls can be obtained in the free path, no XP in the paid path.

Yeah, rewards are very good and I hope that isn't "one-time new year promotion" with more better rewards as it was on PoA during 4th game anniversary. 
P.S. good luck everyone in new Season 😉

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jelom2 said:

BTW, have you seen the new reward list. I love Kinkoid!!! 👍:x

Both girls can be obtained in the free path, no XP in the paid path.

Yeah, this is frankly unexpected and it made my day!  I'm glad they listened, now I don't feel like i am forced to buy it every month.

Hell, i'll chip in with my 5 bucks this month just because of that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jelom2 said:

I guess it depends on you tier, not your mojo, so everybody that reached tier 45 starts with 2800 (tier 9).
It could be final tier / 5, we need more data to know.

Just now, mates said:

On the other hand, season pass is now worthless, I dont think many people will buy it.

I don't agree. The rewards are good compared to many bundles people already buy and you can use them throughout the month.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

I don't agree. The rewards are good compared to many bundles people already buy and you can use them throughout the month.

Yeah maybe you are right, there is a lot more things than in the bundles. I have bought the first season pass and won a few contest with those extra XP rewards and energy and so on

21 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

Could be a problem of the right words in another language. I'm not angry about it, only not happy. Not because, as a F2p player, I don't get the rewards. It's the Fact of direct paying in game with real cash and not with kobans like refills or Pachinko what's more my problem.

Maybe it helps if you would just view the 'Season Pass' as one of the usual bundles (or 'Special Offers'). Because this is what it basically is now. Just tied to your progress in the Season and available for a whole month. And with the option to claim your prizes whenever you need them.

If you get to the higher tiers it is even way more valuable than the usual bundles. So... nothing really there anymore to be angry about. Although I understand (and share) the negative feelings about real money offers of any sort in online games.

3 hours ago, jelom2 said:

A brief view of the current top 200 leaderboard: 1st place 18351 mojo, I am at 29 place with 15739, position 200 at 13366 mojo.

112 players of level 400+, 74 players of level 300-400 and 14 players of level 235-300, so this is a proof that the feature can be played by everybody,

Some additional performance numbers:

Just over 10,000 players made it all the way to tier 45:

image.thumb.png.d15ec65f9e8df389cfccf54dc2982bca.png

Another 11,000 or so managed to reach tier 35 for the girl(s):

image.thumb.png.ad09cc9e67c4f476063afa9b1c105ab8.png

Altogether over 130,000 accounts accessed the feature at some point:

image.thumb.png.885690ab8917975d269f43f078ed546a.png

That includes a ton of almost completely inactive ones, though. That account still had 1022 mojo about an hour earlier, and was ranked in the 94,000s with that, only minimally above the starting score, so there were 40,000+ accounts that did basically nothing. (And I suspect there's another 20,000+ still barely active ones below 2000 mojo.)

Interestingly, that player total of ~134,000 vastly exceeded the numbers seen over at the Nutaku server:

image.thumb.png.5dbab46836dde10ccd1add15a6371587.png

That was a bit surprising; the player totals on the old weekly rankings didn't diverge nearly as much. I suspect the standalone server is the destination of the majority of people who are newly finding the game nowadays, while most people with Nutaku accounts have already tried the game at some point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

As many others above, by ending at 11138 points I restarted at 2800 points in the new Seasons. The improvements to the rewards sequence are nice, the only thing to see is if the progression I had in the first Season will be maintained in the new one, or, differently said, if the start at the begininning of tier 10 and the bonus kisses rewards that have been added will be enough to reach tier 50. Out of curiosity, if someone intends to buy the Season pass, given that the girls will be gained much earlier, I would like to know which rewards will be offered as substitutes in the normal sequence (as it appears to me that it is not illogic to imagine that there will be a substitution once a girl is obtained).

About negative points, the main one is that since the start of the Season of the Rose, XP and affection rewards for combats have become completely worthless to me, as to ensure regular progress in the reward sequence I had to battle for the entire month with my strongest team of girls, thus reducing to zero the chance to use the Seasons in stance of the old Arena to level up girls. Given that in the last year I used the Arena to level up from 1 to 100 near 200 girls, this fact bothers me quite a bit. Apart this, as I stated prior the start, the main problem of the entire implementation IMHO is the mojo system, that can give out matchings (and mojo rewards) completely inadequated to some players (sometimes even in their favor, with easy to win matches paired with mojo rewards higher than 20)

• Like 1

Even waiting for just one day to start into the new season has already been enough to move my potential opponent selections into "creampuff" territory entirely:

image.thumb.png.ce33c3b01abf245bc7063b474ab0d775.png

Leaving aside that I was still boosted at the time of the screenshot (they just expired now), opponents of that caliber are easily beatable for me even unboosted. Admittedly that was one of the easiest sets of opponents I just had in my 10 battles, but the others were only marginally more challenging.

Anyway, what I actually wanted to mention is that I saw multiple different opponents at level 369 in these last 30 opponents, several others just a bit higher but none lower. (434 - 369) / 434 = .1498 - maybe the level range is in fact ±15% now?

Or perhaps not. I just did some gratuitous opponent refreshing on that level 231 alt account, and the lowest I observed was a single opponent at level 196 (-15.15%), while the highest was at 253 (+9.52%). I suppose it would actually make sense if the range isn't symmetrical...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Or perhaps not. I just did some gratuitous opponent refreshing on that level 231 alt account, and the lowest I observed was a single opponent at level 196 (-15.15%), while the highest was at 253 (+9.52%). I suppose it would actually make sense if the range isn't symmetrical...

I'm quite sure of that. Lower limit is bigger than higher limit.

I'd do it that way myself too, you don't get many complains from the players about easy opponents xD .

• Haha 1

Until now I am having all opponents of this new season unboosted :D and at lower level than me, the limit is two different players at 397 (-68 levels,  -14,6%), so probably that 15% is the limit in levels below yourself.

A completely different experience from the last month where I was in a bubble with all boosted (and some bugged too) top players until I passed tier 45.