Reworked PvP just hit the Test Server!

Noacc

9 minutes ago, windia said:

just for addition the girl stats used in the fight:

image.png.b06ec2d10e15a01cb08e4cb6e1dd5b8b.png & image.png.9a678c3a4414c26dc700905df0796b0b.png & image.png.c40396062381e41f478161fe6d275aee.png  & image.png.efca670fe99839e0b27ecaf76b608ad4.png & image.png.f08c7a66621a885add9bd46f6cd6ae6e.pngimage.png.3ccb86e62d46cb908bdae6056a3a2359.pngimage.png.4b56bb2c4b6c7f79dbf491cab1bcd61d.png 

And the opponent:

image.png.74fd91a7bc73b56e4cea30732243d911.png & image.png.a83e90ef9d86e405ea8130554933c03c.png & image.png.6a8bdfb207cf0ad64056398c89a801d7.png & image.png.1a8658a143804f7e5a86c66b3ccc506b.png & image.png.8e7127482874061fda3932761d86d462.png & image.png.aabf618c23f257fbc9ee9935e7e3831d.png & image.png.ca088fdf15af5242526e13239729c2e4.png

And my market values:

image.png.a8b7b5c96b8b6091cba844f7f37cc04f.png

A question here, if you may know... what counts for Cunegonde/Dameda as offense?

HC (their class) or CH (the player class)? 

Same for Kelina but with KH.

1 minute ago, Karyia said:

A question here, if you may know... what counts for Cunegonde/Dameda as offense?

HC (their class) or CH (the player class)? 

Same for Kelina but with KH.

No clue right now, I assume the highest value. 

My player was HC and opponent was CH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but what is point of these changes? it seems that the PVP imbalanced are due to the classes and the girls numbers, but they are far from it.

In Old PVP system

• Higher Level Players are more likely to beat lower level players, due to the stat diference attained by equipment, girls levels and market stats.
  • Higher Grade Girls (Mythic > Legendary > Others...) are more likely to beat lower grade girls, due to the stat difference.
  • Exists Classes and their abilities. They work over a trifecta system but seems like their impact on the battle are disbalanced. If you see the regular Top 10 Winner in Dicktator III, you could see more players of Charm classes, followed by KH and last Hardcore.
  • Exist a RNG factor. The procs on  the classes abilities.
  • The team are formed by 3 girls, but no always all of them participated of the battle, making the last girl the most irrelevant on some situations.

But with the new PVP system and my thoughts

• The most impactful mechanic that keeps the PvP unbalanced still there (the level), and also having better grade girls will grant more stat.
  • Removing classes makes girls' classes meaningless, why not remove it from girls as well? Unless new potentials are tied to classes.
  • If so, Changing the class abilities to "Potential" seems like a simple name change for the "new abilities" of the classes.
  • Before not having a full team of girls of the highest grade does not always punish the player since not always all the girls participate in the battle. But now you will need to have a full team with the highest rating, as they impact the battle from the beginning.

I don't know how this change makes it relevant to have a full team of legendaries over a full team of mythicals, but it seems like a punishment for many players as they will now need more girls of the highest grade for PvP.

• Like 3

Well crap, with Mythic days always occurring on the same weekdays this means anyone with a real work schedule like mine will be at a disadvantage since it is impossible for me and others like me to even try for the girls (we are at work). Instead of the start date being set to a weekday why not tie Mythic days start time to a calender day? If the change to the PvP system is as dramatic as it looks, then the opportunity (option/chance) to get the best girls should be as close to equal as possible.

I did a try on a total new account.

On a newbie perspective, this system mean the player will stay for longer at the early stages, and the more a customer stay around the better. He also have to invest more on items.

You start with 3 starters. The only way to get girls is to defeat Dark Lord, dropping those 1* girls. Once you filled up, probably you can drop some legendary, and you have to invest more. I suppose 2/4 months to enter an average level of three to four 5* legendary (not maxed out....).

The more girls you have to care, the better for the game economy.

Practically, I didn't perceived any relevant difference, if not now I can FINALLY put on use four more 5* Legendary that were rusting aside. And the game was already just flexing muscles with high level girls, classes being just "design dirt" - sometime you cannot simply fix up stuff, you have to step back. Is a good move, as the easy math can be expanded, while classes/positions was a waste and locking the game math on a loop.

As for "potential", probably a language issue. It does mean that by time, POTENTIALLY (so, "maybe") they plan to add individual skills by girls, not related to classes or anything experienced so far. Something  like pokemon passive skills or Magic the Gathering abilities, without touching the easy ATK vs DEF system. Maybe some girl will drop more, some deal more damage on condition... you can create a farming party or a brute force party for example on circumstance. "add+10 attack for each charm girl in the party"or "give you +1 Mojo point on Season battles", "double damage on higher tier girls" are different passive skills you can use on different situations. The meta game will become more interesting. An epic girl with "Legendaries deal 1/3 damages" will be precious as much the best Mythic!

Anyway, I think that will not happen. This is a casual game, not an online RPG, and everything lead to simplification. We're here for the naked girls, and that what's people want to see easily and often. The "gameplay" must be casual, easy, streamlined and, why not, silly to the point every "not gamer" can play.  Also, the more the variables, the more bug you'll introduce and creating skills is a bug actractor.

So... to me, sound as a positive design choice to make a long tail of newbies spend more time and resources on the game.  Boost ATK the more, boost more girls at once, hunt for more legendaries, without skipping an event 'cause of another class, and avoid pretending this game have any strategic side: it didn't since the start!

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 4

I'll tell you right away about the technical moment there is simply a categorically large number of bugs - champions are broken, the number of points in the tower, awards from trolls, the display of the team in the profile, the loading of all poses and avatars of the girls that are in the harem was removed from the troll battle screen, but for some reason they left this loading on the screen of choosing an enemy in seasons. And this is only at first glance. I suspect there are more of them.

If the goal is only to show the concept, and based on the results of the reviews, decide to introduce this combat system or not and only then fix all the bugs and changes in the global mechanics and balance, then it is not clear to me how to evaluate the mechanics, if it is only half ready - there are no critical strikes or special moves, and I suspect that without them or with them, these are two different combat systems. Personally, I have no time not to try to evaluate the result twice.

Briefly assessing what is now on the test, then personally I do not see a fundamental difference between what was and what has become. Three girls or seven - the essence has not changed. You gather the strongest girls into a team, use boosters and beat those who are below the level, those who are higher, but without boosters, and you lose to those who are higher with boosters. Only if in the old system there was at least minimal variability due to elements of randomness and a little equipment management and order of building a team, then now this will not happen either. There will be the single best set of equipment and girls against all opponents. And pvp will now completely turn into catching those who are without boosters and hunting for funny nuddists in the tower who are "stripped to death" for the sake of contractual battles. It's boring.

Of the advantages of the new system, I can only say that since it is significantly simplified and devoid of most of the non-obvious nuances, it will be easier for beginners to play with it.

To summarize - in the current form of changes to the combat system, nothing more than cosmetic or decorative, the general concept of pvp in the game does not change. Due to some simplification, it will be easier for beginners to master it, but at the same time, this simplicity will make pvp in the game even more like a boring grind. Well, in order for it to work normally, you will have to fix a lot of bugs and re-adjust the balance of some elements, which obviously will not add joy to either the players or the developers. So while my attitude to this venture is extremely skeptical. Let's see what will happen next.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, windia said:

not sure if that is just for test server:

single battle on boss gives currently 2 rewards:

image.png.1e8d7c3aa95ef487106701e72252f00a.png

I just got 1 shard of event girl and 1 shard of villain girl from a single battle. Did they redo the drop algorithm too?

2 hours ago, Solion said:

Due to some simplification, it will be easier for beginners to master it, but at the same time, this simplicity will make pvp in the game even more like a boring grind.

Agreed.

In certain situations, before you could actually beat stronger opponents with some rng/luck due to the several factors at hand, in which some players would not maximize their battleteams.

Now it's just pick your 7 (any) top girls and always (especially if there's no rng at all) beat someone below you.

With time, and if things go that way, you'll actually fully pre-calculate your battles and know which you lose and win instantly, without exception.

They seem to call that interesting but I agree with you: simply boring.

6 hours ago, Tom208 said:

It's the sum of their 3 stats divided by 4 for the offense and by 8,35 for the defense.

Ok, I'll just go right ahead and ask the mods for an update to the battle stuff, please 😅

4 hours ago, lepidocter said:

So... to me, sound as a positive design choice to make a long tail of newbies spend more time and resources on the game.  Boost ATK the more, boost more girls at once, hunt for more legendaries, without skipping an event 'cause of another class, and avoid pretending this game have any strategic side: it didn't since the start!

That will drive out many us.

• Like 1

If we define boredom as lack of meaningful progress (even if it's a progress to mastery of a new system), then more easily solvable system means a shorter trip to boredom.

That said, girl abilities and whatever remains of your character class choice have a potential to keep it more varied. If implemented.

2 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

That said, girl abilities and whatever remains of your character class choice have a potential to keep it more varied. If implemented.

From what I got, right now, the girls were stripped of abilities and reduced to stats/numbers; only the character class remains (haven't verified).

Though, since there can still be changes until it goes live, we have to wait and see what gets actually implemented.

But it's looking like just get the stronger 7 girls and be done with it.

On 7/12/2021 at 3:14 PM, Noacc said:

aiming for players to stay competitive even if they don’t possess the latest legendary or mythic girl/guy

Because clearly a player with no/less mythics can win against a player with a full mythic team. When the values from all the girls matter right from the start... <smh>

I ran the whole text through a de-double-speak-inator, and got this:

We will sell more mythical girls. We will sell more mythical items to upgrade mythical girls. And when everyone has a team of 7 mythics we'll introduce skills so you'll need even more mythical girls and even more mythical items to level up those girls as well.

Oddly enough, a different translation tool said it meant: All your $$ are belong to us.

edit: I botched the famous "all your base" quote. Oops.

Edited by Shorty-er
  • Like 1
  • Haha 15

I'm curious which day they gonna release it: in between a league or in between a season? Oktober 1st would be a Thursday, until then no match in this matter.

Also I'm keen to know how league points got calculated with this system: I got +15 and +25 wins - and some -13 and -3 losses. NOthing in between.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, Noacc said:

Charm, Know-How and Hardcore players don’t have to focus on their corresponding girl/guy class only, but will gain advantage from all classes.

8 hours ago, Karyia said:

Now it's just pick your 7 (any) top girls

At the moment, the statement that all girls are equally good in a team, regardless of class, does not correspond to reality. As you can see, the sum of the three characteristics of girls is the same, but a girl of the same class as the player gives more ego, and this is an absolute advantage. And this is only one girl in the team, and if there are several of them, then this is definitely not the path to victory.
It may be a bug, but it may not. In any case, if we follow the new concept of the combat system completely, then it is necessary to remove the system of different classes from the players, leaving them only for girls.

Stu-Mur.png.6d6b8ddceed78aa0455b5587737244b1.pngCH-HK.png.00558b804cc763bd7b969b9726abbab8.png

Oops ... began to understand in more detail it turned out that this is a display bug when choosing a command. So in fact, as it turned out, the girl's class is not important. But such bugs are now on the test car and the cart, and I don’t know how to fix and test all this.

Edited by Solion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, Noacc said:

How is the new battle structured?

How does the PvP work with 7 recruits?
We made it simpler.

• Attacker is the player that initiates the battle.
  • Opponent is the defender
  • Each round is a sequence of following:
    • Attacker damage
    • Attacker critical hit check and impact
    • Defender damage
    • Defender critical hit check and impact.

Uhm, Didn't critical hits get removed from the combat system back in 2018?

Are they back? If so, how do they work under this system?

10 minutes ago, Solion said:

At the moment, the statement that all girls are equally good in a team, regardless of class, does not correspond to reality. As you can see, the sum of the three characteristics of girls is the same, but a girl of the same class as the player gives more ego, and this is an absolute advantage. And this is only one girl in the team, and if there are several of them, then this is definitely not the path to victory.
It may be a bug, but it may not. In any case, if we follow the new concept of the combat system completely, then it is necessary to remove the system of different classes from the players, leaving them only for girls.

Stu-Mur.png.6d6b8ddceed78aa0455b5587737244b1.pngLR2.png.d69861dca35510aaa556cc060f6ee974.png

As you'll soon find out as a (I assume) level 358 player, there is no path to victory.

You'll be squashed by higher level players with a (or almost) mythic squad.

It's still good to know that the info is sort of deceiving or not entirely accurate, anyway, so thanks for that.

9 minutes ago, Karyia said:

As you'll soon find out as a (I assume) level 358 player, there is no path to victory.

You'll be squashed by higher level players with a (or almost) mythic squad.

It's still good to know that the info is sort of deceiving or not entirely accurate, anyway, so thanks for that.

As it turned out, I was all the same wrong and this is a display bug. But how you can test something when you can't even add information on the screen, I don't know. One way or another, there are so many bugs on the test one now that it will be a disaster for everyone to release this to the main server.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Solion said:

As it turned out, I was all the same wrong and this is a display bug. But how you can test something when you can't even add information on the screen, I don't know. One way or another, there are so many bugs on the test one now that it will be a disaster for everyone to release this to the main server.

Keep in mind that they can change everything until implementation, so the test version is just that... testing.

2 minutes ago, windia said:

I just realized that with this pvp rebuild my carefully made screenshot collection of "is this player boosted or not" will get screwed and I will be blind on that matter for a while... -.-'

I had developed a skill to know whether a player was boosted just looking at his level, club bonuses and stats. I'll need to relearn that.
But that's not a problem and is to be expected with any rework. The problems are simplifying everything and making it dumb and boring, I fear :(.

• Like 5

I like the idea. I think if they give each girl a unique perk/ability that could change battling entirely and make team combos more interesting than straight mythic x7. To make some girls viable you could give them stronger abilities like "take 50% less damage for the first 5 rounds" or "when hit by crit, counter 20% of it back to opponent" or "your know-how girls heal 10% more" etc. These are just ideas but depending on the team combos you could still beat mythics if you build a team that compliments one another (with obviously a mythic(s) being part of the core). I think there is a ton of potential in this. This could also make one star girls viable depending on the abilities they give them and make teams without mythics still very competitive.

• Like 1

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic