Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

35 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

And we better hurry and give up on a lot of other items to buy a crapton of books and get our harems at our current level. Because then, when this update hits, we'll need to slowly and very expensively level up those girls all the way to 750 to remain somewhat competitive.

I think that this is exactly on-point.  I reflect on my own 7m XP deficit, accumulated since the mythic market change (which caused me to stop seeing value in the plat card, which I was buying for the reduced market refresh cost).  Then, I think about some of the other good people here who weren't playing the way I was and whose deficits make mine seem paltry.  I probably shouldn't rant about it just yet since this will come on a different Nerfday and preemptive ranting is discouraged for the good order of the forum.  But I honestly can't see this playing out in any other way. 

46 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Think of the level 201 newbie who won't know better, trust this aberrant statement, buy all of the upcoming real-money bundles with tons of gems and a tiny amount of books. Can you guys picture their reaction

I smell another last straw as Kinkoid further "redefines satisfaction." I wish there were a "vomit" reaction icon.  Maybe a feature request? 😉

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Ok, guys. There was a heated discussion on discord, and Rosso Kinkoid joined. To avoid quoting things out of context, I'll just mention that one of the concerns got through - that we actually need most of the girls for champions, we can't just focus on seven best of each element. Rosso admitted it as a problem.

xiimdSe.png

Josm2n8.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

As a community the only thing we can really do to get our message across is to hit them in the wallet. If everyone stops spending money on the game at least till the end of the year it would show them that this isn't cool.

Obviously its everyone's own personal decision if they want to do this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

1 minute ago, FinderKeeper said:

we can't just focus on seven best of each element

Even without Champions, we can't just focus on seven best of each element, given how the blessings work.

And what about effectively raising the level cap by indirect means when we were seeing the end of the long tunnel after more than 4 years of grinding? Does "end game" or "late game" ring any bell to KK?

• Like 9
  • Hearts 2

It's hard to quote just the relevant parts. Blessings, PoPs, high lvl and low lvl - all were mentioned. I'm trying to cut it to exact quote.

Chat put Rosso under a lot of personal pressure. I'm trying to avoid this here. Don't give in to the dark side.

ADD: "I've read everything, it's taken into account and we'll see with the team what can be done." -Rosso

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

So harem girls can now go up to level 750 right? Who thinks being in the top 20% of character development stands any shot against the guys who have been playing longer? Who believes a 50% increase in harem strength by those who can afford it is in anyway a "rebalancing" of the game? This move, combined with the other nerfs, make true PvP competition impossible unless you are going against players within 20 levels of your characters level.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Ok, guys. There was a heated discussion on discord, and Rosso Kinkoid joined. To avoid quoting things out of context, I'll just mention that one of the concerns got through - that we actually need most of the girls for champions, we can't just focus on seven best of each element. Rosso recognized it as a problem.

xiimdSe.png

Josm2n8.png

8 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Even without Champions, we can't just focus on seven best of each element, given how the blessings work.

And what about effectively raising the level cap by indirect means when we were seeing the end of the long tunnel after more than 4 years of grinding? Does "end game" or "late game" ring any bell to KK?

2 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

It's hard to quote just the relevant parts. Blessings were mentioned as well. I'm trying to cut it to exact quote.

Chat put Rosso under a lot of personal pressure. I'm trying to avoid this here. Don't give in to the dark side.

They need to be under pressure or it goes live as it's.
if everyone is like i don't care what you do then they will do whatever they want.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pelinor said:

So harem girls can now go up to level 750 right? Who thinks being in the top 20% of character development stands any shot against the guys who have been playing longer? Who believes a 50% increase in harem strength by those who can afford it is in anyway a "rebalancing" of the game? This move, combined with the other nerfs, make true PvP competition impossible unless you are going against players within 20 levels of your characters level.

Not only that, it moves it fully into P2W territory.

• Like 8

il y a 2 minutes, Pelinor a dit :

In general, this could be a good thing. If the level is no longer tied to your player-level (Because leveling up the MC takes a lot more effort than leveling the strongest haremettes), then everyone would be able to compete in the lvl-750 leagues. The only advantage veterans players would have is their MC stats (Which plays a relatively small part in the overall stats, I think), and the size of the harem (Up to 8x100 girls for the passive bonuses). That would still be true if a few gems were required to reach that point, because everyone would start with 0 gem and acquire them at the same rythm. So, it could have been a good idea.

But... They decided to make this retroactive to lower levels as well, and require so many gems for each individual girl, that this is virtually impossible for any mid-range player to reach lvl 500, let alone 750. That's the real issue, I think.

Increasing the max level is fine, as long as you also speed up the progression. The effect would be similar to inflation on cash. But if you increase the max level and slow down the progression instead, then once again, lower level and mid-range players are at a disadvantage - even more so than before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liliat said:

But... They decided to make this retroactive to lower levels as well, and require so many gems for each individual girl, that this is virtually impossible for any mid-range player to reach lvl 500, let alone 750. That's the real issue, I think.

If this was only for levels 500-750 it would be slightly more palatable. At least it wouldn't screw up low and mid level characters so much.

It would still be a horrible idea for many other reasons though.

• Like 5
  • Hearts 1

8 minutes ago, Liliat said:

That would still be true if a few gems were required to reach that point, because everyone would start with 0 gem and acquire them at the same rythm. So, it could have been a good idea.

That highly depends. Some gems drop at the villains (or how are they called) for combativity; just as an example. You can fill this up for koban. And I bet there will also be bundles. So if you pick the right girls that use gems dropped at specific locations you can refill you can bruteforce your level in a short amount of time just by throwing enough money at the screen, turning this into a p****measurementcontest who can shell out more money fast....at least that´s how I see it at this point, can be wrong though....

Higher levels of course already have an advantage through stats etc but on the same levelrange, depending how long it takes to upgrade f2p, people that shell out money will have a considerable advantage over others depending on how much they spend

Edited by Saradis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Here's another interesting bit. It's unrelated but I'll put it in this thread to avoid spreading drama elsewhere. About the removal of Dating Tokens and how haphazard things have been in the recent months.

xZbus61.png

Nothing is more stable than closing up shop and ceasing to exist 😂

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

On past performance, I think that it's reasonable to expect this f...eature to go live next Nerfday, unmolested by sanity checks or influenced by Beta players' feedback.

MORE complexity, MORE barriers to leveling girls I don't get (<snip>).  MORE crap to manage, MORE resources to obtain, another example of getting a "feature upgrade" while actually having less than we had yesterday.  IF this goes live as currently in Beta.

Over on the Patch Notes thread, I mentioned the paying player -> F2P -> "peace, out" story arc that is evident in forum posts.  I'll likely give it until the Nerfday after Implementation Nerfday, but if this goes live as-is, that will be my moment.  What @FinderKeeperis describing isn't a last straw.  It's a damn bale of last straws.  Whatever the Kinkoid "vision" is for making us pay you to jump through increasingly higher hoops, I don't agree with it and I wish you a deafening silence once the players you're not listening to are gone.

Edited by FinderKeeper
Dude...
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Here's another interesting bit. It's unrelated but I'll put it in this thread to avoid spreading drama elsewhere. About the removal of Dating Tokens and how haphazard things have been in the recent months.

xZbus61.png

This shows the disconnect between the players and the development team.  Dating Tokens did not come close to breaking the game.  They were a nice little addition that allowed players to not have unfinished girls on their list for years on end.  So, few were given that players were did not get that many from them.  I myself got a Mythic that I already had 73 shards for and a 3 star epic I had almost finished not game breaking.  I would like to know why the team thinks they should not be in the game?  The answer again in $$$$$$$$$.  They think that players were not spending it because they could get it later.  Hence all the talk of exclusivity.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

I would like to know why the team thinks they should not be in the game?

I have the same question.  It seemed to me that they increased engagement without wrecking ..."balance?".  They added incentive for pursuing Mythics while not being so common that players could get a Mythic shard and finish the Mythic with tokens.  My experience was similar to yours: "Nice, I can finish a girl that's been languishing on the partially done list, and if I time it with a get a girl contest, I get a 50k point bump."  They were yanked in the name of "game balance."  Maybe they could be put back in the name of "community feedback?" 

But then, "community feedback" is a heavily used justification for nerfs and the mixed messaging would be confusing: "Patch notes said that DTs are back in response to community feedback, but I didn't get nerfed.  Or did I?" 😉

• Like 1

It sounds good to me. People keep understanding it differently, but from what I understand:

There's zero need to spend books before the new features as they can be spent later now just fine and will be able to increase girls passed player lvl, only capped at lvl 750.

Then, for pvp only like Leagues, all girls will be considered to be lvl 50 which evens everyone out until people can collect gems and increase the cap to 100 and every 50 lvls after that. It sounds like higher lvl players will be able to be beaten easier in Leagues for a while.

Increasing the lvl caps every 50 lvls with gems will not go that slowly as there will be many ways to receive many gems.

• Thinking 1
  • Hug 9

Looking at all the info we have now I can't see this awakening system doing anything good for the game as is. I mean I have never once seen anyone complain about the level cap on girls being tied to our MC level, and in fact I can't even think of a reason to complain about that- it is a perfectly fair way to set it. So making upgrading past the nearest multiple of 50 levels take huge amounts of some new resource? It seems like a combination of a hard nerf, and the kind of price creep you see slip into free to play games that try to pretend they aren't pay to win all the time. Frankly this seems like it won't have any positives at all, save for the girls level cap being raised to 750, which I suppose could be loosely considered a positive.

Now that said I'm going to do something I have yet to see anyone else in this thread do- offer a fix to the problem beyond completely scrapping this new mechanic:

Instead of having awakening raise the level cap of a girl, have it be it's own method of upgrading. Something more like a 2nd affections system. Every 50 levels in a girl you can awaken her to give extra stats, and possibly extra cash from collecting. You wouldn't even need to change any of the secondary requirements for the system, just decouple awakening from the level cap and give it some stat boosts every time you chose to awaken a girl.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrXY said:

Seriously, Kinkoid should stop coding for some days and instead should read and analyse some feedback. It's possible that this is a nice new feature. But there are so many more important things to do and they are way more easier to implement than a complete new game feature like this. A bigger level cap? Where the hell do I all get these books/gifts. This makes the gap between old and new players bigger and bigger because the girl level is important for PVP. I have no understanding for this behaviour. Tell us why this is a good change. Collect feedback and react on what your player base needs.

Of course I'm curious and happy to see new features. Don't get me wrong, but this constant ignorance makes me unhappy.

bigger lvl cap? how about all future mythic or 5 star girls being unusable thanks to this change. you got to upgrade for every 50 lvl's with currency that is rare per individual girl

il y a 6 minutes, SlutDragonSlayer a dit :

It sounds good to me. People keep understanding it differently, but from what I understand:

There's zero need to spend books before the new features as they can be spent later now just fine and will be able to increase girls passed player lvl, only capped at lvl 750.

Then, for pvp only like Leagues, all girls will be considered to be lvl 50 which evens everyone out until people can collect gems and increase the cap to 100 and every 50 lvls after that. It sounds like higher lvl players will be able to be beaten easier in Leagues for a while.

Increasing the lvl caps every 50 lvls with gems will not go that slowly as there will be many ways to receive many gems.

It sounds good to you because you hadn't taken the time to actually understand what this means. So everyone is capped at lvl 50 so puzzle me this: how are you supposed to beat champions at lvl 50? How are you supposed to beat the villains with lvl 50 girls? What about pop, how do you complete them with lvl 50 stats?

Then there is your assertion that you can beat higher lvl players easily for a while. Lets just forget for a moment that said higher lvl players will naturally dwarfs you in pure stats: equipments, lvl, buffing and their mythics girls/5 stars legendaries having naturally slightly better stats even then, what makes you think that they won't bruteforce the process to get a bigger competitive edge faster? In order for your predictions to come true, then they will need to seat on their asses twiddling their thumbs and if there is one thing I've learned about high lvl players, it is that they're always the first to recover from any "improvements" that the devs keep throwing at us.

• Like 6

Guys ...WHAT did I com BACK TOOOO ??? :(

Honestly.. that´s probably the most oppressive thing that happened(well I guess I still didn´t happen but we know how KK rolls :P ) this week .. oh an just as a comparison: a matern thought that killing a chicken inside my car´s engine room was a nice thing to do so yeah.. :) (yes a bloody chicken..I´m dead serious 🤣 )

... I finally finished going through all comments on the forum and I´m currently going through the discord server (still 8 hours behind though) ..but men.. I feel like closing my laptop and never looking at this again.. that are the currently  predominant emotions :/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Surprised :O 1