Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

What I thought about last night also adds to this, kinkoid will shoot itself in the foot majorly on top of all the problems for the players. Because from now on a big part of how valuable a girl is will be what gems you need to upgrade her. Girls that use gems that are limited like in season passes will be worth a lot less since after a short while you will have a giant backlog you want to upgrade and simply can´t do this for months and years.
Yeah, I know, the rock paper scissors-system, but a lvl 250 girl will always be worth more than a lvl 50 girl you can´t upgrade. So after a while and enough girls waiting to be upgraded for every player (except extreme whales) some girls with the "wrong gemaffinity" will be like lead in the stores and events.

Maybe THAT is an argument they will listen to....seriously....

edit: and common 5 star girls, that are already pretty strong will be cheaper to upgrade, making a lot of higher girls pretty worthless until late, late in the future....good job, you get the easy strong route for free....I can see a nerf of common girls incoming....

Edited by Saradis

It was difficult to get girls, they introduced orbs to us. Because of the orbs, we got almost 100% of the girls, we began to lack books. Introduced mythic books and reduced the loss of orbs, fragments and awards. That didn't help either, so we decided to limit it so we could start getting a bunch of books. As soon as we have a bunch of books, we'll go back to the beginning again and everything will go in a circle...

Edited by Dmitrii
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

After some discussion in the "Strategy" thread, I realized that I misunderstood the rule about awakening for current high level girls.

For new girls, you need to unlock all caps: 50 to 100, 100 to 150, etc. But if the girl is already high level, then the cap corresponding to her current level will be automatically unlocked (for free). So if you have a lvl 330 girl, the 251 - 300 301-350 cap will be unlocked, but you still need to pay the cost for the 301 - 350 351 - 400 cap (Did I get that right, @gluddukat?)

This has two major consequences: first, advanced players won't be immediately stopped in their progress, because all girls will be close to their next level cap. Second, this will not put all players on an even playing field, more inclusive PvP, or whatever. Strong players will get the most benefit from this feature, as they can immediately rush for lvl 500 or 550, and newer players will have to pay the full upgrade cost.

However, new girls (obtained after the patch) will still have to pay the full upgrade cost, for old and new players alike. So, I hope you like the girls you already have, because you won't be able to use new ones for a while :D

Edit: And... I just obtained 100 Orange gems by using an Epic Pachinko orb. So... Keep your orbs? Epic Pachinko wasn't supposed to be a source of gems 🤔

Edited by Liliat
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, dgxg said:

If they decided to put gems in pachinko too, then it is mechanics to slow you down, and even force you to pull your wallet out to actually progress. It totally have nothing to do with leveling ground.

That's just sad...

You know that's just what we love, less chances of getting girls with Orbs.

Good job Kinkoid!

/s

Fuck this Gem update dude.

• Like 1

@dgxgfair point

I will think about it. The gems u get (in testserver) are not enough to level up the girls u get from pachinko. If u want level up all girls u better use pachinko now, if u want be faster with your special girls save the orbs.

My test on the testserver:

55 orbs

30x 100 gems = 3000 gems

1 girl

to pay my cap 1-351 I need for legend girls 3990 gems. This means better use pachinko now if u want level up this girl.

and normaly I get more girls with 55 orbs.

Edited by gluddukat
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Uggghhh as a 'Veteran' that still has not yet pulled out their wallet to make themselves happy with girl collecting here. I'll stick to collecting, but I think I'll be in deep water as there are too many girls I've yet to level up and been saving them up for Legendary Contests and the like.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

This has two major consequences: first, advanced players won't be immediately stopped in their progress, because all girls will be close to their next level cap. Second, this will not put all players on an even playing field, more inclusive PvP, or whatever. Strong players will get the most benefit from this feature, as they can immediately rush for lvl 500 or 550, and newer players will have to pay the full upgrade cost.

Welcome to the conversation! ^^
I'm glad your seemingly excessive optimism about this upcoming disaster was due to missing some of they key points, it makes much more sense now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blaa said:

the discussion itself was an interessting read, not because it was done in a good way, but more like people (rosso and players) were stucked in their views - pretty clear players needed to vent (same what happens here, talking about DT and seasons is barley topic), and rosso didnt like his ideas got critizied

We often complain that the devs don't seem to play their own game sufficiently to understand its dynamics and the changes that the ...patches inflict on them.  On us.  Frankly, I doubt that the devs of any grinding game actually grind their own game because grinding is inherently a time-intensive activity.  Instead, they rely on focus groups, Beta testers, bug bounties, etc to get their game running as intended.  

We have no idea if the game is running as the developers intended.  We're frustrated, so we vent.  The primary dev takes our frustration as personal attack, we still don't feel heard, full-stop, the shit show must go on.  

The thing is that they (he) may not know whether the game runs as HE intended.  So, why don't we ask?  Take it into passive-voice and you remove perceived personal attack.  The format would be something like this: "After [patch X, patch Y, and patch Z], it has become impossible for mid tier players to obtain more than 50 shards on a CC girl in a month without spending thousands of kobans.  The same player class generally also lacks the tickets to challenge the CC for a girl.  Players who are done with the sex champs continue to have an abundance of tickets and are spending far fewer kobans to finish a CC girl.  Casual players who spend no kobans have no chance. Does this work as intended?"

This gives the dev an opportunity for candor: "Yes, it does."  Okay, we're stuck with that, got it.  However, he may also say, "No, that's not what we intended."  That may lead to change.

I think that for this to work, the person asking about intent on our behalf would need to be pretty much unimpeachable.  My personal nomination would be @DvDivXXX .  Not sucking up, but you do a fine job as a moderator remaining ...moderate.  The "worst" you do is to like or love posts that express things more strongly than you would prefer to by virtue of being a mod.  Whoever it is would then need to be armed with facts and as close to a consensus on the in-game reality at different levels as we can get.  Always the same question format: Game change -> impact on different player tiers -> reflect back.  Since data gathering and consensus building would all be occurring here in the forum, the devs can feel free to look at how we arrived at our assertion.

Just trying to think of a way to rescue this wretched situation.

Edited by SoggyShorts
Removed something that is potentially offensive to someone.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 4 heures, FinderKeeper a dit :

cak9XPl.png

No. It was hiding in the corner written in small text. ^_^

I missed that part. I was focused on the top-table (Where each gem has a specific location), and missed the smaller part where all gems can be found in Pachinko and other places. Thanks! :)

Il y a 2 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

Welcome to the conversation! ^^
I'm glad your seemingly excessive optimism about this upcoming disaster was due to missing some of they key points, it makes much more sense now.

Thanks :) But I think many people have been confused by my message(s). I've never really been optimistic about this change; I just started by pointing all the issues (Early messages), and then went on with "Things that could be improved to make it better" (more recent messages), which I think is the part where many people got confused (Assuming these "suggestions" were "How I thought the system actually worked"). Also, I tried to stay objective and polite, so maybe this was mistaken for optimism? :D

But I'll stick with simply pointing out the issues from now on, it will cause less confusion :)

One last bit of optimism, and then, considering Rosso's answer, we'll just have to wait & see: *if* the new features include a lot of gems of all colors, maybe we'll actually be able to level up a couple of girls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will keep most of the gems I get at the start; changes might not mean that we get more gems but that the upgradecosts might be reduced, I´m just guessing though.

Since we got several proofs over the last few weeks that they might spontaneously implement stuff that might screw people over this might be the safer route.

Worst case is I have more gems to spend at once ^^

I´m just glad that I barely switched to level 201 today, I can use this to upgrade as many legendary girls (especially 5 stars) to 201 as possible to save a ton of gems.

Maybe I was just too pessimistic and frustrated over the last few days and MAYBE the something of valor and the legendary queststuff is a huge source of gems and we all got angry over nothing....we´ve been heard...to some degree...somewhat...so I will just go make myself a tea now^^

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jelom said:

image.png.c4955abc7956969d5a7f2d98f6cc535f.png

Harem load improvement, harem ux improvement: It should be good news, I want to believe it will be for the good, but my faith has crashed to shards (does anyone have a good glue to repair it?) so I have a strong feeling it won't.

he actually said it might be on TS this week, so we'll find out soon

@SoggyShortsnot sure if there really is a point in talking about it; it seems he did at least with some players - @zoopokemonwas/is the right guy for it, so at least the technical concerns were said.

I agree, conversations could go better, but it would be necessary all participants would be aware of how you communicate better ... unfortunately, there are too many reasons why it fails so often (and after what I saw so far, I wouldnt believe too much to convice either side (even though the conversation would be more focused than in hh-testserver on discord, for sure)

• Like 5

Well i guess we reached the point where, we've been heard but still gems will be introduced next week.

So i presume if ppl will be unhappy and revenues will drop we can hope for rollback.

But i kinda doubt this will happen, i noticed a lot new players keep comming, so the new ones will not know how it was untill it changed.

But what i find enjoyable in this game is accomplishment from collecting girls, if u slow this down new players will get bored faster cause simply clicking every day, and rarely getting a girl will counter this accomplishment, u will lose players and potential customers.

I know for sure if this system sticks, even after bad feedback from players, you will lose a lot of them, but still new ones will come, but i doubt that without this accomplishment they stick around for long (long enough to take out their wallets - cause thats the point isnt it?).

To paraphrase, "Development time has been invested to create this f...eature.  It's not right because we didn't really think it through, but we can always fix it later.  It HAS to go live because money was spent on it.  Else, it would be a sunk cost."

My contention is that spending money on a bad idea is bad.  But spending money on a bad idea, rolling with it anyway, spending MORE money on it to fix it, and losing a great deal of goodwill, belief in one's professionalism and thus willingness to support your game is FAR worse.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

\

41 minutes ago, SoggyShorts said:

To paraphrase, "Development time has been invested to create this f...eature.  It's not right because we didn't really think it through, but we can always fix it later.  It HAS to go live because money was spent on it.  Else, it would be a sunk cost."

My contention is that spending money on a bad idea is bad.  But spending money on a bad idea, rolling with it anyway, spending MORE money on it to fix it, and losing a great deal of goodwill, belief in one's professionalism and thus willingness to support your game is FAR worse.

Just like how they fixed the epic gift/book place of power that still gives epic gift/book no matter what level you are...

Even if someone is a whale this is not only annoying to have to do but the gems replace other rewards that missions,ect use to give.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoggyShorts said:

The primary dev takes our frustration as personal attack (emotional maturity in question)

I should stop you right here. If you did read those q&a sessions with Rosso you knew some posters purposefully tried to get at him. Just like you did in brackets. Except they knew he would read.

Frustration or not - it's unacceptable.

Mod hat on: @SoggyShortsNo more comments from you on personal and professional qualities of Kinkoid team and Rosso specifically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 1 heure, FinderKeeper a dit :

jrWeNnM.png

Translation : "Hey guys, we talked to some players, and pretended to listen to them but the truth is : we don't give a fuck. We know that one more week won't turn this giant pile of horse shit into gold, so we're pushing it live anyway. Deal with it. And we know we have important things to do like improving the load times and user experience, but shitty ideas gotta be implemented first, that's the rule."

I mean, nobody wants this patch to be delayed. I'm pretty sure most people want it CANCELLED. And yeah, money was spent coding it, well that sucks but if a feature is bad, it's bad. Delete that dev branch and forget it ever existed. Forcing it in production anyway is a VERY bad move, as SoggyShorts said above.

To be honest, the probability for me to quit the game when this "feature" arrives is very high. I could deal with all the bad decisions and bad patches that happened this year, but this one's too big and too horrid. No big deal for Kinkoid, though : I'm not a whale. But I probably won't be the only one leaving.

That's too bad, because there were pretty good changes recently, especially the new battle system along with the weekly bonuses that force you to change your team regularly instead of using always the same 3 girls. That was a great improvement, even though the latest "elemental" thing is way too complicated. But the fact that they chose to implement that stupid "gem" feature rather than give us a decent user interface to set our teams up shows that Kinkoid's priorities are in all the wrong places.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2