Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

5 minutes ago, wayne82444 said:

You wouldn't even need to change any of the secondary requirements for the system, just decouple awakening from the level cap and give it some stat boosts every time you chose to awaken a girl.

In essence, temporarily add a rarity rating.  "I'm running ToF with 7 woke Mythics this week because I'm running for a top spot."  Something like this would partially offset stat and gear differences between player levels but probably wouldn't be world wrecking because of all the other PvP variables in play.  As long as the gems remain relatively scarce, we wouldn't be able to perma-boost.  We'd have to hoard them for pushes, CC rushes, etc.  I like it!

22 minutes ago, SlutDragonSlayer said:

It sounds good to me. People keep understanding it differently, but from what I understand:

There's zero need to spend books before the new features as they can be spent later now just fine and will be able to increase girls passed player lvl, only capped at lvl 750.

Then, for pvp only like Leagues, all girls will be considered to be lvl 50 which evens everyone out until people can collect gems and increase the cap to 100 and every 50 lvls after that. It sounds like higher lvl players will be able to be beaten easier in Leagues for a while.

Increasing the lvl caps every 50 lvls with gems will not go that slowly as there will be many ways to receive many gems.

Thing is gems are not easy to get.

You get a miniscule amount of them rewards varying from 5 to 50. with the latter usually being first place contest or single rewards in seasons.

not to mention this currency is split in 8 seperate pieces making it even harder to upgrade 1 single girl.

Keep in mind that most players on here are over lvl 400 meaning that they would need to spend 1100 or 1400 for single lvl 50 cap on a legendary girl and even more on mythics. 

This system would also mean that all future 5 star or mythic girls will be worthless since the gain rate for gems is ultra low considering these inflated prices. you might be better off sticking with just 1 team.

lvl 750 on a single mythic girl might literally take a year and on a legendary probably around 6 months.

Edited by Mighty wander
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, wayne82444 said:

Now that said I'm going to do something I have yet to see anyone else in this thread do- offer a fix to the problem beyond completely scrapping this new mechanic:

Couple of different solutions were offered in Discord and iirc they were mostly ignored, because by choosing one of the offered solutions it will make some of the players unhappy. So KK is sticking with their plan to make everyone unhappy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Oh also.. I feel like monday would be a great day for another in-game survey: just one page with 2 questions:

1. Have you heard of the fun new feature we´re going to strangle you with  help you to decrease the gap between you and higher lvl opponents?
-> yes

-> no

2. If you answered yes: are you going to quite the game ?

-> yes

-> no

Pretty simple but helpful survey in my opinion :P

that´s called equality my friend @HentaiHero :D .. over here in Germany there´s a saying that´s quite accurate for this : equal sorrow is shared sorrow (geteiles leid ist halbes leid) :P

6 minutes ago, HentaiHero said:

Couple of different solutions were offered in Discord and iirc they were mostly ignored, because by choosing one of the offered solutions it will make some of the players unhappy. So KK is sticking with their plan to make everyone unhappy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

What interests me most right now is which rewards they will switch out in the season pass to add the gems that you can obtain there. I bet it´s the epic pachinko gems and the money....

Might be interesting to have a full overview which rewards in the different sources we actually lose through this change....

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

2 minutes ago, SoggyShorts said:

@holymollyyour survey makes my night a thing of awesomeness! 🙂

I wouldn´t call it awesome it´s honestly a pity if the game would be shut down due to this imo :/

4 minutes ago, Saradis said:

What interests me most right now is which rewards they will switch out in the season pass to add the gems that you can obtain there. I bet it´s the epic pachinko gems and the money....

Might be interesting to have a full overview which rewards in the different sources we actually lose through this change....

Nah nothing interesting over there.. let´s guess?
If the gems are replacing combativity in contests and (probably) kobans in classic events and OD´s.. I´m guessing they´re going to replace the 10x and 1x GP orbs ortickets we already get to much from, right? ..right ? 😢

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, MegaStallion said:

Honestly - I wouldn't have a problem with it IF it would affect only girls you want to have above the player level (like - you are level 220, you can upgrade all your girls only with books to 220, but if you want to get them higher than your level - you have to unlock the 200-250 bracket for gems). I checked the scarcity of those gems on the test server and I just can't see how can someone get a few thousands of those gems in a matter of weeks to upgrade a single legendary girl. 

this is a fact, this is the biggest pay2win feature kinkoid has introduced ever. grinding is pointless you almost get nothing considering the inflated prices.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, holymolly said:

If the gems are replacing combativity in contests and (probably) kobans in classic events and OD´s.. I´m guessing they´re going to replace the 10x and 1x GP orbs ortickets we already get to much from, right? ..right ? 😢

I´m just level 94 on the ptr so I can´t see most stuff; but in the first pop they removed the 10x great orb and someone said they removed the mythic orb in pop2, so......

• Sad 1
  • Surprised :O 1

1 minute ago, holymolly said:

I wouldn´t call it awesome it´s honestly a pity if the game would be shut down due to this imo :/

Agreed, completely, but a nice poke with well-timed graveyard humor goes a long way toward dispelling frustration.  For a while.

3 minutes ago, Saradis said:

What interests me most right now is which rewards they will switch out in the season pass to add the gems that you can obtain there.

Yes, that's a fascinating question, isn't it?  Because we don't often get something for nothing around here.  When we do, it's used later as justification for getting nothing for something.  So, what's the "something" we'll be giving up?  I'd bet that the tickets will get the axe, on the same misguided principle by which gear took a 90% haircut: "community feedback."  End gamers are drowning in tickets, early-and mid-gamers NEED them, just as they NEED ymen, so cull the end gamers' stashes (without alienating them, of course) while inadvertently hammering playability for the rest.

• Like 4

I've been involved in game playtesting and development since the 1980's. This game is finding new ways to become worse at every turn, it seems.

The only thing that they've done lately that I'd say was a success is the Pantheon Stairway.

Removing dating tokens was bad.

Nerfing sales income was possibly needed, but I heard it screwed people on Comix Harem, and it would naturally hurt those without a large stash of Ymen or orbs already.

Sometimes you have a fun game that has a loyal player base and you decide to change it in ways to make it more complex. However, that can cause the player base to abandon you, whether it's a new edition of a RPG or boardgame. Maybe it's a PC game where the new version is so terrible that nobody plays it after word of mouth trashes it, and you have to hope that another new release saves your franchise.

Overly complicated things that are complicated for no good reason decrease the amount of players willing to play them.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Zteev said:

I've been involved in game playtesting and development since the 1980's. This game is finding new ways to become worse at every turn, it seems.

The only thing that they've done lately that I'd say was a success is the Pantheon Stairway.

Removing dating tokens was bad.

Nerfing sales income was possibly needed, but I heard it screwed people on Comix Harem, and it would naturally hurt those without a large stash of Ymen or orbs already.

Sometimes you have a fun game that has a loyal player base and you decide to change it in ways to make it more complex. However, that can cause the player base to abandon you, whether it's a new edition of a RPG or boardgame. Maybe it's a PC game where the new version is so terrible that nobody plays it after word of mouth trashes it, and you have to hope that another new release saves your franchise.

Overly complicated things that are complicated for no good reason decrease the amount of players willing to play them.

making stuff complex isn't an issue if you give plenty of said resource. however if you checked the test server even if you where to play for months you will only upgrade in the single digits. they almost give nothing.

grinding doesn't mean anything. this is just going to be a how much money is in my wallet situation.

Edited by Mighty wander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zteev said:

I couldn't agree more.  Complexity CAN be engaging, especially in resource management or character development games.  Good, meaning astute and engaged, players will figure out how to winkle out every single advantage while more casual players will be equally engaged at a more casual level.  Engagement leads to profit IF the developer is good at managing the tension between ASKING for money and DEMANDING it.  Remember that the PvP element isn't done.  At a minimum, Curses are still coming (to the game, not just the Nerf Notes and Beta threads of the forum 😉 ). 

I'm not a PvP player in ANY game and have disliked the added emphasis on PvP in this one.  I don't disagree with finding ways to use the girls that we acquire, but I resist the compounding complexity in the PvP part of this game.  It's not a complexity I want to deal with.  That's MY problem, not the devs'; games diverge from their original focus.  Some survive, some don't.  Adding a tower climb element to the game that I click on a few times per day, well, 4 times per engagement thanks to the unique visual styling of the coders' vision, isn't doing it for me either, but I don't mind it.  But I DO mind PvP complexity, especially when it masks perpetual incumbent advantage, and I utterly fail to see how adding gates to leveling girls is anything other than a back-handed answer to "community feedback" about the long-running systemic lack of XP and Aff items.  "THERE.  Now, you don't need as many XP items. We 'fixed' it."

• Like 2

after this patch, the game will no longer be PVP, and it will start to pay to win. because people with a large wallet will have money for new games (not literally but they will reset cooldows, spend money to fight villans, etc), and players with skill but no money will always lose.

PvP must always rely on skill, not money, otherwise it's not a player VS player. Just a wallet VS a wallet. let a larger wallet win: /

• Like 4

3 hours ago, randy357 said:

It sounds good to you because you hadn't taken the time to actually understand what this means.

I actually did read the original post and everyone's responses, and I'm lvl 360. It is clearly about affecting PvP, whereas Champions are PvE.

3 hours ago, Mighty wander said:

Thing is gems are not easy to get.

The main thing is that things change over time and the way rewards are given change so that while rewards may seem rare at first, but then later they are common which has happened multiple times, and there's already pics of season rewards giving 100 gems for one gift.

There's certainly no shortage of speculation in the postings I'm seeing, with lots of misunderstandings. I'm personally just going to be patient and wait to see how things turn out.

Edited by SlutDragonSlayer

Just now, SlutDragonSlayer said:

I actually did read the original post and everyone's responses, and I'm lvl 360. It is clearly about affecting PvP, whereas Champions are PvE.

The main thing is that things change over time and the way rewards are given change so that while rewards may seem rare at first, but then later they are common which has happened multiple times, and there's already pics of season rewards giving 100 gems for one gift.

There's certainly no shortage of speculation in the postings I'm seeing, with lots of misunderstandings.

The thing is we almost have 1000 girls in the game so even for pay to play players not going to be enough to go around when you also take into account blessing that make you change the girls you're using twice a week.

• Like 1

For me, this update will most likely kill the game. Already now, in many respects, only the presence of the club is holding me back, but apparently this will not be enough, because I am tired. Tired of routine, incompetence and unpredictability. I wanted to write a grand mega wall of text about it, but I realized that I was not ready to spend half a day or more on something that is simply pronounced at best, and at worst, the moderators will simply erase it because I am not used to restraining myself in expressions. But all the same, I will try to outline the theses in the context of the upcoming update.

The game is a routine.
Every day entering the game, I have to do a million actions and control a lot of aspects. Boss fights, battles in seasons, tower fights, pantheon fights, fights with champions, buying in the market, improving girls, daily tasks, endless events (there are no more than three days per month without events), and so on. And all this must be done deliberately, calculating time and resources, planning your actions. Yes, this is the essence of the game and it is interesting for these, but only until a certain moment until all this falls on you like an avalanche, when the task and goals become too many and the game turns into work.
The current update will add even more headache to all this - I have to collect 8 more different crystals, distribute resources and efforts not only between them and other game values, but also between the types of crystals, which are needed more than which are less ... Now I'm looking at test server and I understand that I don't even want to start figuring out where to get them, how much to take, where to spend, where to save, and where it is vice versa ... That's just some kind of disgust.
You have complicated the game too much, there are too many new aspects, resources, a constant race to survive, routine, routine, routine.

There is no balance in the game.
Once in an interview, one of the creators of the first diablo said that we made the game itself quickly, but then for several years we adjusted the balance to an acceptable level. I hope this somehow explains its importance and complexity for any gameplay.
Nobody is involved in adjusting the balance here. Only occasionally, when the howl and groans of players reach the Olympus of developers, they make another idiotic decision that makes everything only several times worse, breaking at least some more or less well-established gaming ecosystem. The most recent example is the nerf of the price of equipment, when people saved something, planned for months in advance, but all plans were broken in an instant.
Now tell me - someone believes that they will be able to adjust the balanced receipt of 8 different crystals obtained from different sources for players of different levels. I don’t believe - they have been unable to balance getting money, tickets, books and affection for years. On some levels, they are catastrophically lacking, and on others, on the contrary, there is an insane abundance. People have thousands of champion tickets that have nowhere to go, but there is no way to improve the level and stars of the girls, and this is just an example. And now there are also crystals ... You are not friends with your head at all? It will be hell, already now I see that one type of crystals can be farmed almost without restrictions, while the other will be available for a limited number of days a month. This will be a severe disbalance that will simply break the game, complicate it and make it unrealistically difficult to balance and master. But all that is needed is not to deal with nonsense with crystals, but, for example, to make a purchase of raising the level of a girl for ordinary money, which will radically simplify both the balance setting and understanding for the players, and at the same time through this it would be possible to solve the problem of their surplus by high levels, and not arrange stupid unexpected nerfs.

Lack of planning opportunities and lack of prospects for the player.
Here I will be brief, so I have already written more than I wanted.
It has been said many times that this game is not for rushing, but for "long-term planning" for months or even years. Looking at the latest innovations, you understand that planning something is useless - all efforts will be crumpled by sudden idiotic unexpected changes. What you like and cause positive emotions (orbs, date tickets, and so on) will be removed, and your accumulated resources will be devalued, forcing you to start all over again. "Here's another 100,500 new resources that you have to collect from scratch, spending a lot of time every day or buying for real money, but when you collect them, we will come up with something new and they will become garbage." Thanks, but **** you.
Well, about the prospects it is still simpler - there is a 450+ level pool that have been pumped for several years, suffered, endured, strained, hoping to catch up with the tops who will stop developing at level 500 and start competing with them at least somehow and, you won’t believe, this marathon finish loomed on the horizon. What will they see after this update? Tops of level 500 with a set of mythical girls of level 750 who will rape them in the tower like an elephant to a turtle over and over again in a perverted form. And then they will understand that in order to catch up with them, they again need to save up for several years, suffer and humiliate themselves. And then they will think that when the finish line looms in a few years they will again be harshly ****** by flushing all their efforts down the toilet with another "wonderful revelation." Thanks, but **** you version number two.

I will end on this. There's a lot more to say, but **** you version three. A cute, fun, depraved game turned into a terrible tentacle monster that cannot be looked at without shuddering and sadness. If I were a girl, I would cry with grief. But I'm a boy, so I'll go and drink wine sadly and sadly eat fried meat, good weekend. And I wish you all goodness and patience. It will come in very handy. That's for sure. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 1

I was puzzled by those gems that drops from villans, didnt know what r they for.... untill i decided to level one of my new girls and hit cap of lev 50...

100 gems to unlock additional 50 levels... Seriously i think its kinda joke, considering u still need to spend time to get money now u also have to hunt some damn gems to actually level girls?

During event u will have even lower chance of getting shards from villans cause 2 more rewards r gems.

And seriously 100 gems for rare girl level, 350 for legendary? So going by this logic mythic is what? 1200?

So those who played this game much longer and already have leveled girls will pbly not mind this but new players, will just think: "so it will take ages to actually level girls and increase my strength in pvp, why should i play it?"

I understand its game to MAKE MONEY, but this choice will kinda make ppl go away, so why do it?

tfit.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, natstar said:

The thing is we almost have 1000 girls in the game so even for pay to play players not going to be enough to go around when you also take into account blessing that make you change the girls you're using twice a week.

Just like I mentioned in my previous post on pg 3, if and when it does make all girls temporarily as if they are lvl 50 in the leagues which evens everyone out, then that is basically a benefit to just about everyone since it should make leagues easy enough, and I for one accidentally made it to the last league too soon at lvl 360 and regretting it, only winning half of the battles, so a change would be nice.

6 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Chat put Rosso under a lot of personal pressure.

That's another clear sign of Kinkoid's biggest weakness (which originally was only a trade-off for their biggest strength). The core team are passionate amateurs. The great thing about that is that they came up with fresh ideas and they made an overall wonderful game, with tons of wonderful characters, amazing art, lots of sexiness, humor, and much more. The terrible thing about that, is that they built they didn't have a clue what they were doing in terms of all the normal game design work: coding, UI, database, server maintenance... and über alles, BALANCE.

That was fine in 2016-2018 when the game was still young and the player base wasn't so widespread in terms of in-game power. It hasn't been fine or even acceptable for a couple of years, now, and it's been getting a lot worse over the past few months (despite some really cool new toys thrown in the mix). This shouldn't be a problem, and I feel that the biggest issue is @Rossos PRIDE (and/or what's left of his core team). You're not a professional-level game designer, Rosso, and you're not going to become one overnight. Especially not if you keep making things up as you go along just based off of what sounds cool to you without enlisting professional game and balance designers, and/or at the very least playing the game yourself, a lot, as a normal player (not with a god-mode dev account) and really listen to the community's feedback, and grasp the meta game and how the game is ACTUALLY PLAYED. It is not and will never be played anywhere near the way you imagine. This isn't a PvP game at its core, and Frankenstein-ing it into one was a huge mistake to begin with. And it has nothing to do with an RPG, and never will. And adding a gazillion new currencies is terrible design and will make balance way WAY out of your (or, honestly, anyone's) reach. Get the basics down, please.

Also, the fact that he's taking feedback so personally further shows the issue. He went so far as to describe our persistent complaints and concerns about the million changes he's been putting us through without any clear plan (at least to our knowledge) as "hatred". That's obviously not what it is (for the vast majority of us, at least). It's LOVE for your game, and fear and pain caused by issues in your game. We wouldn't be as hurt if we weren't so invested in HH. You should take this as a compliment, first and foremost. But also you should swallow your pride a little and start really listening to us (and I mean us, the knowledgeable and extremely dedicated players who obviously know the experience of playing this game in the long run better than you can simply guess as you've seemingly been doing for a year or so). PLEASE. You don't have to be the best at everything. Hire people who know what they're doing and have skills and expertise complementary to your own. Some players have proven time and time again that a few lines of code, even without any access to the game's code proper, can already make our experience a ton better (see the community scripts). It's not too late to accept that and do the right thing.

With love (and concern),
DvDivXXX

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Hearts 1

6 hours ago, Kenrae said:

If this was only for levels 500-750 it would be slightly more palatable. At least it wouldn't screw up low and mid level characters so much.

It would still be a horrible idea for many other reasons though.

I had this thought as well after reading the initial batch of comments but decided to sit on it.

The other thought I had but sat on to make it more palatable was to not have it affect existing girls.  I mulled though if that would "lock" everyone where they are now except people willing to pay out.

That then made me wonder if this is an exercise to allow lower levels to catch up.  If higher levels are locked longer (longer grind to get higher stuff) then lower levels can catch them (almost certainly never fully except maybe by paying money but moreso than now).

This thought made me surprised they didn't implement this with ComixHarem then (rather than just flipping Beta to Live), where everyone would have had a fair shake at a system together at a new level 1.  This system (while still likely hated for over complication) seems something that a new game would have not enter in the middle of one.  It's admittedly still not clear to me how it affects your existing girls.  I have to assume (and believe from what I saw so far) they'll be what level they are now "for free" but I am curious.

I'm definitely in the wait and see camp but it feels at minimum everything will freeze for a while...so hopefully that's either wrong or everyone is happy where they are in the game.

Disclaimer: I have read everything here but my char on test is less than 50 and now really wanting to grind up for testing and I'm not on discord (special nod to @FinderKeeperfor sharing that stuff).

• Like 2

Many of you guys already know that it is quite a long time that I am pessimist about the devs behaviour, I never denied it. After browsing quickly most of the above posts and having understood how the new feature should work, I think that my pessimism on the matter has reached his peak. In hindsight, I would say that the developers started a long time ago, when the attraction feature was introduced, driving nails into the lid of HH's coffin; they went on to first demonstrate little interest in the quality of life of players (especially non-paying ones) along with poor (not to say willingness) communication skills, and then making it clear that their skills as software developers were equally poor (I doubt I need to remember to long-time players how many times, the last a few days ago, there has been a situation where a bug has blocked the game for hours); then in the latter period they have slipped into the game almost one after another absurd changes (some even undocumented), each of which has compromised in one way or another the fun for many players (it is sufficient to comb through the threads of the last two months, in addition to the posts above, to realize this); and finally, with this last feature in the program, in my opinion they are about to definitively ruin a game that only a few years ago started with premises that in my opinion were awesome, and then slowly start towards a descent with no return, (punctuated only by a few stops of some interest). That descent ends in the Cemetery of Foolish Failures, and judging from what I have read in this thread so far, in my opinion it is very likely that in the near future the last nail in the lid of HH's coffin will be hammered there.

As I said elsewhere, one of the main reasons I kept playing the game is that I hate to not bring to some type of end what I started. As this still didn't change, I will try, and as usual, despite the crippling situation, I will do my best. But this time I fear that it won't be enough. If I have to consider all this like a form of punishment for my no koban policy, then I can say only that it is the most cruel they could find.

About the mechanics of the thing in itself, while I write this I don't remember in the posts I read any citation about the role of the game RNG in all this: with the absurd heights that we had seen that messed up piece of code reach, I expect to see half the players with gems to upgrade only half the elements, and vice versa.

Really, pessimist as I am, I never thought I'd see such an implementation put into the game. Something like this makes an image appear in my mind of someone in the dev team with some kind of devil on his shoulder who influences him with evil advice ... at the same time making me think that as fantastic as that image is, it is not so far from reality.

Good luck, guys. Should anyone of you decide to leave the game, I hope to meet you again in a better situation.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1

13 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Many of you guys already know that it is quite a long time that I am pessimist about the devs behaviour, I never denied it. After browsing quickly most of the above posts and having understood how the new feature should work, I think that my pessimism on the matter has reached his peak. In hindsight, I would say that the developers started a long time ago, when the attraction feature was introduced, driving nails into the lid of HH's coffin; they went on to first demonstrate little interest in the quality of life of players (especially non-paying ones) along with poor (not to say willingness) communication skills, and then making it clear that their skills as software developers were equally poor (I doubt I need to remember to long-time players how many times, the last a few days ago, there has been a situation where a bug has blocked the game for hours); then in the latter period they have slipped into the game almost one after another absurd changes (some even undocumented), each of which has compromised in one way or another the fun for many players (it is sufficient to comb through the threads of the last two months, in addition to the posts above, to realize this); and finally, with this last feature in the program, in my opinion they are about to definitively ruin a game that only a few years ago started with premises that in my opinion were awesome, and then slowly start towards a descent with no return, (punctuated only by a few stops of some interest). That descent ends in the Cemetery of Foolish Failures, and judging from what I have read in this thread so far, in my opinion it is very likely that in the near future the last nail in the lid of HH's coffin will be hammered there.

Its pretty obvious that no a single Dev is playing this game. They just have no clue about whats going on at at all.

Im only playing it for the Story and tryto get the grils i like. They way they handle their weekly nerfs updates just confimrs my attitude of NEVER spend a single Cent on this game. In the past six months therewasn a single usefull update. Everyhting just adds more grind and made everything harder for everyone.

Thats not how you design a sucessful and long living game.

Edited by Magic1986
  • Like 5
  • Hug 1