Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

32 minutes ago, SpinelesS said:

Why the hell do "free" awakenings exist?

Because they were originally not free. Yes, you would have to pay gems starting at level 50. 

There was an uproar a few days before the patch arrived when this was revealed the test server. It was going live in only a few days so there was really no time to make modifications, so the "fix" was to make those first few awakenings cost 0 gems. Kinkoid probably will get rid of those superfluous awakenings eventually, but this is a consequence of their rushed development cycle where things go into testing mere days before going live, giving no time to make anything but the smallest of tweaks.

• Like 7

So far my experience with Gems was smooth and cute. I promoted my Legendary *5 to Level 450 and many others to 400.

I don't have any grudge against. It look perfectly fine for my rank again, like other changes.

The only "issue" I found is to keep track of the pyramid.  I have to already plan who to promote to support the team, probably using a spreadsheet as the damned girls are shuffled.

I'm also perceiving a kinda "cap" that's early to define, but probably reaching level 550 will cost me an year or more of carefull levelling. I dunno if I'll have so much patience or what will come inbetween, so it sound a bit daunting.

I'm also perceiving a random flush of gems without much control, I simply collect whatever come in. Probably at higher levels, when you need 1k+ of a single color for that single girl you'll miss, this can become a bit too randomish. A submarket where you can exchange gems on a 2:1 ratio will be a smart extra.

• Like 3

Ok so we got event right? Cool? Not cool at all - i pressed forward with tiers cause i know how difficult its gonna be to finish last of them. And there we go - PVP. They really messed things up ( i just spent like 30 min leveling girls like idiot waaaay above my level to even matter in PVP) - so in conlusion some players with lower level are stronger then me while i have no problem to attack some players 50 levels above me - pbly they didnt leveled their harems yet.

How i see it?

BROKEN.

While strugle to climb ranks felt good - now it feels like noob who just started game just got legendary hero sword and makes a bloody mess in dungeon.

So we all suddenly pushed most of our harems 100-200 levels, but it messed the PVP big time, so its hard to actually finish those PVP challenges in event.

After that KK gona come again and optimize the damn thing again?

One push KK is all i need to look for some other entertainment...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

2 hours ago, dgxg said:

And there we go - PVP. They really messed things up

The current PoA has the exact same requirements for each tier as the past few ones. It was predictable, expected, and also exactly business as usual as far as I can tell. I suppose you must be fighting in a very different league division as I am, and possibly things are more chaotic there right now. I'd be very surprised if you had significantly more difficulty for season fights, though. Your opponents are capped generally pretty close to your level there, and if you're around level 250-300-ish (I think you mentioned it but I don't remember exactly) then most of your opponents shouldn't have any significant advantage over you.

2 hours ago, dgxg said:

So we all suddenly pushed most of our harems 100-200 levels, but it messed the PVP big time, so its hard to actually finish those PVP challenges in event.

I'm sorry if you're struggling, but it's hard to guess what seems to be the problem from your description. If you (and your usual group of opponents) all got a similar boost, as planned, then it shouldn't have shuffled the cards very much within that group. A few might have spent a lot of real money to get a massive advantage (we've seen that with the level 357 whale who scored high in D3 already), and others will have made poor use of their initial gem and book stashes, but a vast majority should be in a similar power balance as before.

What division are you in Leagues and are you also referring to Seasons when you essentially say it's currently harder than it used to for you to get PvP wins? Or just please elaborate, because I'd like to get a clear picture of the situation you're in.

• Like 4

On 11/25/2021 at 2:03 AM, Attirm said:

Kinkoid probably will get rid of those superfluous awakenings eventually

Can't deny it really warms my frozen heart to see that there is still optimist people playing this game even after the last patch... no jokes.

Keep this up guys... maybe one day yours truly will get to view this game with the happy eye of four years ago...

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

On 11/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, DvDivXXX said:

The current PoA has the exact same requirements for each tier as the past few ones. It was predictable, expected, and also exactly business as usual as far as I can tell. I suppose you must be fighting in a very different league division as I am, and possibly things are more chaotic there right now. I'd be very surprised if you had significantly more difficulty for season fights, though. Your opponents are capped generally pretty close to your level there, and if you're around level 250-300-ish (I think you mentioned it but I don't remember exactly) then most of your opponents shouldn't have any significant advantage over you.

I'm sorry if you're struggling, but it's hard to guess what seems to be the problem from your description.

I really got frustrated so i didnt visit forum for some time, but im back and ready to explain.

When i said struggle i didn't mean i'm stuck. It's obvious to reach walls in PVP, u need to take time leveling harem, getting new eq and level your acc - i get that.

I mean this super-inventive new awakening-gem system with new cap levels for everyone - thats what BROKEN.
How stuck? While i couldn't before level my girls above my current level i could manage my harem easily and plan my expenses easily. Now its kinda GOLD-RUSH but instead it's LEVEL-RUSH, EVERYBODY got crazy and level the shit out of harem - u wanna move forward u have to do that too - or u wont move in Seasons.

But its not like its gonna calm down anytime soon - everyone gonna push till they got no gems (and even with free rewards, im almost out of them). So as i mentioned before i thought (before this lovely update) that maybe KK will get some money from me during christmass and new year, cause i took liking to game and if price will be right i will reach for my wallet to get some HOT WAIFU for my harem - now im not so sure.

I think that in month I'll be like: why would i buy kobans now to get a girl, if to actually level this girl i need gems, which i don't have...

Truth is this whole update was introduced wrong on so many levels - it was so bad we we're given this "all you want if you can afford it" cap level - which in return broke the ballance of game. Right now instead having fun everytime i got new items in shop im checking my notes which girl im supposed to level now, which should be awaken first, etc.

I mean it's suposed to be game - lately it isn't (and for 2 months more i guess).

level.png.f8e6d47d9577a5b55caede60b63effd4.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dgxg said:

Now its kinda GOLD-RUSH but instead it's LEVEL-RUSH, EVERYBODY got crazy and level the shit out of harem - u wanna move forward u have to do that too - or u wont move in Seasons.

Thanks for your elaboration. I hear your frustration and can understand it, but you're still describing the early stages of a massive transition, which you and all your regular opponents are experiencing at the same time and with (for most of you) similar ways and means to keep up. So it shouldn't make you in particular struggle more than anyone else around your level and stage in the game.

The gem update completely changed the game plan, that's for sure, and the current era is a very rough transition. But it will slow down over time (for most players). A few months from now, you won't have to sink all your efforts and resources into awakenings, and it won't be as many as often. And again it should be roughly similar for most of your usual PvP opponents, especially in Seasons.

So yeah, it's a drag right now. I'm struggling with the initial adaptation process too, I think everyone does except those who injected tons of extra resources in their account from the real world, or from bygone eras of veteran domination. But if it's any consolation, you're not the only one facing this, and you shouldn't have it any harder than a majority of the players you usually compete with.

5 hours ago, dgxg said:

I think that in month I'll be like: why would i buy kobans now to get a girl, if to actually level this girl i need gems, which i don't have...

It's hard to say how big of a dropoff Legendary Days and Mythic Days will have next month. Some people will participate just because they want the girl or as a completionist, others may have a hole in their harem composition that needs filling (for instance I have very few Eccentric girls, so I could easily justify picking up another Eccentric), and lower-level players without large grandfathered harems might still have cause to participate. However, I do think it's safe to say there will be a dropoff as higher-level players have so many girls in need of their gems that they cannot justify new ones. 

My original plans before I heard about the new awakening system was to participate in December's Mythic Days. This is probably not happening now. The only way I would even consider it is if she's an Eccentric girl, of which I have very few in my harem and am thus going to run out of girls to spend those gems on. But even then I'd probably hold out as I'm going to need to conserve a lot of kobons for shop refreshes given all the XP needs going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

30 minutes ago, Attirm said:

safe to say there will be a dropoff as higher-level players have so many girls in need of their gems that they cannot justify new ones.

Upgrading and leveling up new ones (right away), sure. Nothing changed in terms of collecting them, though. Especially for high-level players who don't need new girls for their combat team anyway. They can save them for later.

30 minutes ago, Attirm said:

Eccentric girl, of which I have very few in my harem and am thus going to run out of girls to spend those gems on.

Before running out of girls to spend certain gem types on, consider the passive bonuses for having up to 100 girl of each of the 8 element types. Having 800+ girls in my harem, I'm still missing that last blue girl to max out one of these bonuses. As long as you have less than 100 girls of a given color, just adding one more to your harem even without investing anything more on her yet will instantly improve your battle team through that increased passive bonus.

• Like 2

il y a une heure, DvDivXXX a dit :

which you and all your regular opponents are experiencing at the same time and with (for most of you) similar ways and means to keep up. So it shouldn't make you in particular struggle more than anyone else around your level and stage in the game.

I don't know how it is for other leagues; but in my previous and current league (Both D1), I'm actually surprised to see that most players still have the same level girls (Like lvl 449 Harem for lvl 445+ players). Even in the Top 15 of the league, I don't see too many girls above their lvl cap (I found only 2 players with +100 levels in the top 15. Everyone else is somewhere between +0 and +50).

So at least on these mid-levels, I don't think awakening made it that much harder for players (yet?). On the contrary, only a few active players seem to actually be using the awakening system, and things should be easier for them (But mostly identical for everyone else).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

I don't know how it is for other leagues; but in my previous and current league (Both D1), I'm actually surprised to see that most players still have the same level girls (Like lvl 449 Harem for lvl 445+ players). Even in the Top 15 of the league, I don't see too many girls above their lvl cap (I found only 2 players with +100 levels in the top 15. Everyone else is somewhere between +0 and +50).

+1 - I'm in D2 and people just don't seem to be using the Awakening system (yet). I'm unusual that I have. I'm also sure it's different in D3 where there are a lot more competitive players.

• Like 1

It's different in D3, and the meta will definitely change quicker and more drastically for us than in lower divisions, but even then I haven't seen anything above level 600 yet, and most opponents are stuck at 500 (if they were below 451 themselves when the patch hit) or 550 (for those who didn't have to do the 451 awakenings). It costs an arm and a leg in books to grab those extra levels (especially on mythics but even on legendaries) even once you finally unlock them. So it will take awhile for most players (definitely for all players F2P or on a tight budget).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

So at least on these mid-levels, I don't think awakening made it that much harder for players (yet?). On the contrary, only a few active players seem to actually be using the awakening system, and things should be easier for them (But mostly identical for everyone else).

43 minutes ago, JustVisiting said:

+1 - I'm in D2 and people just don't seem to be using the Awakening system (yet). I'm unusual that I have. I'm also sure it's different in D3 where there are a lot more competitive players.

I'm one of those players who doesn't use awakening system yet. I can answer you why. Because All my resources were used right before the implementation of that system in order to have all my 5star girls at 451+ level and avoid those gem gates. And I had to do a lot of restocks to do that. So I was broke basically in terms of XP and the only thing I could use to fix that were mythic books for 20k XP from the gift. Which isn't a lot at 451+ level actually. So in short - I don't have resources for that.

For a lot of other players I think the answer is related to the mass exodus. Those who would get the best use of this new system quit. And the ones who left are those who don't care much anymore and don't try to use this new system to the full potential.

In D3 there're a lot of people at 500 or 550 level. Some even at 600. But it kinda depends on your team. With 7 mythics the XP needed to push higher is way bigger. But there's plenty of people around 450 level too. Some are like me I guess and stuck there because they don't have enough resources to push further and some were unlucky to be below the threshold and some I assume are yet to realize what's going on.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Bomba said:

Some are like me I guess and stuck there because they don't have enough resources to push further and some were unlucky to be below the threshold and some I assume are yet to realize what's going on.

This new cap for everybody was introduced only because, gems are obvious game-slowing mechanics, intended to make ppl buy bundles when they cant proceed with normal pace - so cap supposed to make it less bitter - but in return the in-game balance was broken.

In other terms what's really broken here is this available cap above current level. 

While i get that many other games have additional micro-currency like our gems, introducing those for cap was wrong move - KK could take more time to adjust gem system - actually give us those free gems on test server, wait 1 month and work with player feedback. But well fck players - many more come everyday, so what we gonna lose old ones?

1da.jpg.61417002018f988defdf024168c6f00c.jpg

Edited by dgxg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 1

Apparently I'm one of the few players who likes the gem system. It needs more balancing - right now you get more than 2x as many gems of some colors than others - but it adds more strategy and PtW into the game, both of which are better than "started playing first." (And I honestly never thought I'd say PtW is better than anything.)

I'm level 434 and right now my main team is 550. I didn't know the change was coming, so didn't pre-level, but I should get them up to 600 in a week or two. There's definitely more strategy now. I still have no chance of beating a good level 485 but I can beat the ones who aren't really trying, which I never used to.

It's a very different game now - it went from an idle clicker to more of an actual game - and I'm sorry that everyone else seems to hate the changes so much. But I think overall they're healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

29 minutes ago, Shaftiel said:

Apparently I'm one of the few players who likes the gem system. It needs more balancing - right now you get more than 2x as many gems of some colors than others - but it adds more strategy and PtW into the game, both of which are better than "started playing first." (And I honestly never thought I'd say PtW is better than anything.)

I'm level 434 and right now my main team is 550. I didn't know the change was coming, so didn't pre-level, but I should get them up to 600 in a week or two. There's definitely more strategy now. I still have no chance of beating a good level 485 but I can beat the ones who aren't really trying, which I never used to.

It's a very different game now - it went from an idle clicker to more of an actual game - and I'm sorry that everyone else seems to hate the changes so much. But I think overall they're healthy.

A player who likes awakenings?! What?!

Oh, I see.

Dear Mr. Rosso when can we expect the promised special abilities for girls?

But seriously, if they added that option to allow players get their girls to level 500 - there would be no question that it was a sane idea. But this way it only increased the gap that they were saying they wanted to fix with this update.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Before running out of girls to spend certain gem types on, consider the passive bonuses for having up to 100 girl of each of the 8 element types. Having 800+ girls in my harem, I'm still missing that last blue girl to max out one of these bonuses. As long as you have less than 100 girls of a given color, just adding one more to your harem even without investing anything more on her yet will instantly improve your battle team through that increased passive bonus.

I don't have 100 of any element yet, so new girls are always useful. Eccentric is my lowest in all respects (whether looking at all my girls or just my 5-stars) so that's the one to prioritize for me.

In any event, girls you're picking up for this purpose don't need to be 5-stars, so if you just want fodder for your harem 3-stars are the way to go. However, those are quite useless for PVP now as they are ridiculously expensive to awaken relative to their battle performance. A 3-star legendary is comparable in stats to a 5-star common, but costs four times as much to awaken as that common.

11 hours ago, Liliat said:

Not everyone will experience this shift the same way. The lowest-level players in any given league tend to be go-getters who punch above their weight class, and as such were more likely to do their awakenings promptly. Similarly the higher-level players are more likely to be those who are resting on their laurels (since historically the battle system has made a large level advantage virtually insurmountable) and are less likely to have done their awakenings. Those low-level players would find things are getting easier, since a bunch of formerly unwinnable fights are now up for grabs so even if other players are getting harder the overall shift is towards an easier league experience. The exact opposite is true of those high-level players who are used to being able to win fights against lower-level players just by virtue of being high level, and that's not true anymore so suddenly they're losing out on dozens of "easy" fights. And between those two extreme examples are those who did some awakenings, or were inefficient with their awakenings, and some of them will see their relative league experience get easier, harder or even stay the same.

I'd also point out that last week's league probably shouldn't be given too much weight since a lot of people were waiting until Day 4 of Legendary Contests to do all their level-ups. So I would have been at level 450 for most of that league, and then suddenly jumped up to level 550 on Monday. A lot of people would have already finished their fights with me (I'm in the bottom 20% by level of D3, so anyone using x15 fight would have already fought me before that point in the week)

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

but even then I haven't seen anything above level 600 yet, 

I've seen a couple of level 600's in my D3 league division, and lots of level 550's. I myself am level 437, so I had less of a grandfather advantage than others did, and I already have a level 550 battle team and am about three quarters of the way towards unlocking the next level of awakenings. At current drop rates it will only be a few weeks before I have level 600's (I could do it even faster if I awakened more 3-star commons, but right now I want to stick only to 5-stars and better so most of my awakenings will be legendaries)

I was fortunate enough to have a large kobon reserve (about 3500 Nubons) when awakenings were announced, as I was preparing to take no December Mythic Days and wanted to have enough kobons left over that I wouldn't be completely broke afterwards. This means I had the resources to do hundreds of shop refreshes with plenty left over. I'm still sitting at 2350 Nubons, which along with further league winnings is enough to go for MD next month if I really want to (and I probably don't). If I'd gone for the November MD, it would have been a different story, and I'd likely be building up my kobon reserve for a while before I could fully take advantage of the new level caps.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shaftiel said:

One of the biggest complaints people have is you can't even awaken girls in your harem to your base level for free, In my case lvl 395. They start charging you gems at 250 and have a minimum set number of girls that NEED to upgraded to a specific before you can progress. And unfortunately there's no real way to balance that aspect and that's why people are saying this this whole system sucks. Why should people be punished for collecting girls but only leveling the girls that are actually META for PVP? I have 450 girls in my harem, only 15 +/- are META and of those, I only use about 10 of them for my weekly team depending on the buffs they get, and I'll go out on a limb here and say it's probably the same for others. So Im stuck with leveling 40 to 50 girls I never use wasting resources, just to bring my main team with me as I level and as I said, I'm guessing that's the issue others are having. They need to start buffing the stats of other girls to help change the META and make the awakening and blessing system more viable. There's a reason I'm only rotating between 10 girls when I have 450. 🙃

• Like 5

2 ore fa, LukeWarmbath ha scritto:

One of the biggest complaints people have is you can't even awaken girls in your harem to your base level for free, In my case lvl 395. They start charging you gems at 250 and have a minimum set number of girls that NEED to upgraded to a specific before you can progress. And unfortunately there's no real way to balance that aspect and that's why people are saying this this whole system sucks.

Why do it? Where there was any proclaim that this thing will be free? They already nerfed it by makng the first 200 levels free, they had a cost before the patch release. Practically speaking, is easier for me to reach your global level without the previous quadratic grow, that made impossible for me to reach you. Is not that something was stolen from you, it was gifted to me.

People are not ranting about the bad system, they usually rant 'cause they think something they DESERVE was stolen from them. And that's silly if you think a bit about.

The only wrong thing to me (and you noticed too) is the fixed number of girls to promote each tier. It could have been way more logic to have a pyramidal progression. To promote that single girl, you need to promote X others. In such a way the system will be more scalable and rational.

As it is formulated now, you practically pick 50 commons and use them to support the LegenMythic ones. It's a bit grindy and mindless, it look this limitation was added later in the brainstorming phase.

Beside that, i like the system. Once you've spent all the first deluge of gems and reached the natural cap, you'll begin to think a bit about what to do. Thinking, in games, is always a good thing.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

On 11/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, Attirm said:

So I would have been at level 450 for most of that league, and then suddenly jumped up to level 550 on Monday.

Congrats!

Thanks for the info. I'm in similar position being sub-450 upon the change i.e. needed to awaken 450 for Mythics and L5 first... which hurt a bit re: gems.  You did really well to get to 550 - I get that through a koban bank you could get a bunch more XP, can I ask did you also buy some more gems?

I currently have my 6 mythics + 25 odd L5 at level 500, and have realised that I don't have enough gems to get the rest of L5's to level 500 quite yet overall.. so am just going to upgrade them as per blessings until I have enough gems to do the rest (+ a couple of 5* commons as it stands), then start heading for 550 re: mythics.. Can I ask how you got your girls to level 550, and how many of them are there now?

This might finally be what tips me over the edge and has me either quitting the game or drastically reducing my involvement to classic events and orgy days.  This is on a par with girl drops from epic orbs that seem to have fallen off the cliff such that even paying members would be significantly disadvantaged and they'd have to be left wondering what they're paying for.  Gambling has its limits.

As is so often the case with the so-calIed explanations in this game they're as clear as mud.  I'll give you one instance:

As these screenshots inadvertently illustrated, in order to awaken the girls above a certain maximum (in this case, in this account, 450) it tells me I need to have leveled up 35 girls to level 400 before this can occur.  Well, I leveled up 35 of my girls to the magical 400 and it still tells me I must level up 35 more girls to allow awakening to 450.  I'm buggered if I know what's going on.  I have more to do with my time these days than piss around with this sort of confusion.

Maybe my girls have gone to sleep with boredom on me and they yearn for a much better cock then I can offer them.  I don't know.  Good luck everybody deciphering all these changes.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

This might finally be what tips me over the edge and has me either quitting the game

Damn. Before reading this, I was almost excited when I saw the notification: "Zorba is still here!".

these screenshots

What screenshots? I don't see any in your post.

I leveled up 35 of my girls to the magical 400 and it still tells me I must level up 35 more girls to allow awakening to 450.

It's a know very mild issue, actually. Just close the Market, or click on the portrait of the girl you want to awaken past 401 to visit her Harem page, and it will take your latest awakenings into account. By default, the counter doesn't update itself as long as you're still in the same "Market session".

• Like 2

I happen to be unfortunate enough to be stuck in D3 at the moment of the patch change and yeah I'm seeing A LOT of players in my bracket with 550 and higher, some 599 and 600. I literally stand no chance against any of them at the present time due to my free and casual playing mind set. Granted I wanted the kobans and girl shard but yeah... not as excited or invested in this game as I used to be.

Heck some players are totting 100k battle power despite being the same level as I am... I'm only sporting a measly 80k estimate in battle power.

Might be skipping the next week's leagues just to purposely drop a few ranks now. 

• Like 4

Like I said: the only one's that benefit from this change are the lower level whales.  I was actually able to compete at under level 450 in D3 not for the top spot but, top 4 occasionally and top 15 all the time.  As a mostly free player at 451 I now have 0 chance for top 4 and will be lucky if I am in the top 15 as you still have the level 490-500 whales but, now you have the level 350-480 whales who all seem to now be at 550-600.  Couple that with the shard nerf which makes it so I can no longer earn the required shards to keep up purple mythic boosters and with little chance to really compete my interest in the PVP is already lessening.  Where before I may have had a 40-50 level difference I could beat that difference with decent play and some luck.   I will now have 100 level difference to make up no chance I can compete.

I was too high a level for the money nerf to effect me much but, from the chatter in my club.  It is really affecting the lower levels ability to upgrade and compete.  

A game like this needs to keep a balance between keeping the whales happy while also giving the the non whales the ability to compete.  These last changes have skewed the game way too far in favor of the whales.  In a few months time the game will be whale vs whale and whomever has the biggest bank account wins.

• Like 3