[ 14-Dec-21 ] Midwinter Preparations PoA - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Taking what you can get is tbh exactly the thing I'm planning to do. Consciously spend resources only on Orgy Days and take whatever additional stuff I can reach from this extra PoA.

With some of the Path of Valor-prizes maybe it is possible to reach Tier 10 and get 1 extra girl/guy for your Harem, but I won't waste any hard earned kobans on it, especially if there's another PoA at the end of the month. This early you also aren't that far in Season most of the time so you can't use Season prizes to make running this gauntlet easier.

Not to mention that if you want the second prize row (and harem addition) from Path of Valor you also have to keep 3000+ kobans in the Bank for that.

So many new features which cost quite a lot of kobans yet no actual sure-fire way to gain more kobans apart from spending real money will most likely have a negative impact on both pure F2P-players as well as those who can only spend few or moderate amounts of money.

• Like 2

This event is 'special', and I don't consider it somehow a regular feature. All Xmas themed girls sound to me as 'exclusive', in the terms you shouldn't consider them 'canon' for a collection completionism.

This should be a community shared lore, like for many TCC where exttra cards outside regular delivery isn't 'canon'' for a complete collection.

Many people lament the cost.

I have a solution for that. Stop considering whatever they throw at you something YOU HAVE to collect.

That "gotta catch 'em all" is already gone if you start today, is no more something to care. I cannot obtain everything, Patreon people have something I'll never have, probably I'll never collect all Mythics. Total completionism is not something a newbie can achieve.

They obviously want for you to 'try for', but is the same as proposing continual bundles. Don't try to reach a never ending goal. It lead to nowhere.

• Like 6
  • Hug 1
  • Hearts 2

Well, this kills the last event that I actually enjoyed.  PoA now joins the LONG list of events that involve chasing but not catching.  This really puts me in a quandary because I hoarded resources for the LAST event that was achievable for me.  How do I play now, and why?  Do I completely ignore events (and most contests, which have become insane as folks predicted) and ...what? Burn down whatever regenerates ...why?  To accomplish ...what?  Accumulate mission and ToF kobans in numbers that are grossly insufficient to complete a fraction of what's put in front of me?  Why?  Worse yet, ratify this nonsense by PAYING for it?  Not likely.  

• Like 5

@SoggyShorts If I understand correctly this is an out-of-line extra PoA, the regular 6-day PoA with the usual, manageable tasks will still happen at the end of month.

So any player who (like myself too) is hoarding kobans and resources for that event, stay your hand during this one and wait for the regular one. Participate in Orgy Days at your own leisure but largely ignore the extra PoA.

Only reap the prizes from it you can get from regular playing.

Edited by Eckos
Address
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Varfaeitr: More Steps in the Saison, but lesser Mojo neede to reach the step of the second girl in the free path - so it's no problem to have more steps and the real PoA is - with a high probabilty - the six day event at the end of the month, like the calendar say.

@SoggyShortsAt the moment we have a Winter-Special with the PoA-structure, not the regular PoA.

I'm not happy about the Event, because auf the amount of koban you had to spend to play it succesfully.

@lepidocterWhat you have is not a solution, it's the death for that, what a lot of players bring to this game and let them enjoy it. Until some month ago there was a probability for all new player to catch all normal Girls - the patreon girls are not "normal" because they were never in the normal game obatainable - also it would be a very long run and it's legitimate to complain that has changed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

That "gotta catch 'em all" is already gone if you start today, is no more something to care.

But I, like I assume you, did not start today but in an era when Kinkoid positively pushed the "Gotta Catchem All" idea of the game, so I will, even if you don't, still hold to that end game. I have invested over a year of play and a bit of RL money so I will still try to collect every girl I can.

30 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

I cannot obtain everything, Patreon people have something I'll never have, probably I'll never collect all Mythics. Total completionism is not something a newbie can achieve.

99.9% won't achieve the Patreon girls, but they were never considered part of the collection, more of a thank you to those that could afford $500 a month if memory serves.

• Like 4

This is off topic so sorry moderators but i'd like to say this:

Mates i get that we are not happy with this event (myself included) but i don't think is ok to give the "what the...." emoji to (our great) Fnderkeeper. After all he is just reporting the info, he didn't design anything of the event. It will seem that he is a bad guy while instead he did a lot for our community (even before the moderator "promotion").

"Do not shot the messenger" XD

Sorry if this seems silly, is just my thought.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Hearts 1

42 minutes ago, 430i said:

Why are you guys complaining about the increased combativity? Didn't you read that the price has been reduced by 20%... Its a Christmas miracle!

/s if it was not obvious

Says energy not combativity also i suggest people keep an eye on gift code topic since more likely to post gift codes than reduce tasks.

• Like 1

Isn't the "gotta catch them all"-prospect of the game already impossible to achieve anyways even without counting the mythic girls/guys because both Path of Attraction and Season girls/guys do not have any chance to be gained by players who missed them?

Still, this sort of indirect "end goal" or rather extra challenge seems to be a drawing force for quite some players and creating sort of motivation to play on so I'm not sure why the devs seem to be sabotaging this on purpose.

Not to mention that the so-advertised "thrill of the chase" will eventually be replaced or pushed aside by increasing frustration if not only "the catch" is missed more often but also there being no prospect of a second chance for said "catch".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Mates i get that we are not happy with this event (myself included) but i don't think is ok to give the "what the...." emoji to (our great) Fnderkeeper. After all he is just reporting the info, he didn't design anything of the event. It will seem that he is a bad guy while instead he did a lot for our community (even before the moderator "promotion").

I don´t think it´s silly, I thought so myself. I reacted as I always do to @FinderKeeper with a thank you because he creates those topics for us to discuss it. The fact this event is f uped is true but has nothing to do with finders so if you want to express you´re unsatisfaction do it like we all do via commenting or liking the critical comments.

Some of those reaction to finders are those that really just want to see everything burn and I´m not ok with it that Finders has to get the backlash for no reason. So yeah I totally agree with @Xemnas and it´s not off-topic: So how about you guys start to think for a little bit ?  ..(sorry for this rant I don´t mean to attack anyone but I don´t like seeing one of the most friendly and appreciated forum regulars getting attacked for no reason ...)

• Like 5
  • Hearts 3

42 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

I have a solution for that. Stop considering whatever they throw at you something YOU HAVE to collect.

That "gotta catch 'em all" is already gone if you start today, is no more something to care.

'Catch them all' was one of the things that keep you interested in playing HH (the other two are "crush 'em all" and the story). With the story degrading with every world and reduced abilities to level up the mythics there are no more reasons to continue playing. I guess I'll stop it either facing 100M charge to continue through World 14 or desperately trying to give all 6 stars to Finalmecia. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Guys, it's totally fine. I'm a player just like you. I get where it's pointed at. ^_^

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Hearts 1

1 hour ago, Incubys said:

I assuming Kinkoid are bored with this game and no longer want to maintain it. Why else would they add another PoA over a shorter period with harder objectives unless they want to drive away their player base ? I mean 2 PoA (14,200 kobans) 2 PoV (7,200 kobans) is 21,000 kobans alone, without MD (10,000-15,000 kobans, LD (4,000-5,000 kobans per girl?). I realise nothing in this game has to be paid for, but when I started a little over a year ago the premise was "Gotta catchem all". Now with "exclusivity" unless you pay for PoA (twice) and PoV (twice) you will never catch them all as these girls haven't come back yet.

Can anyone seriously afford this kind of expenditure from game play alone, without using RL money. For that matter, can anyone afford all this expense with RL money ?

Would be easier to just shut down the servers.

EVERY FUCKIN RECENT PATCH made the game worse for everyone who isn't spending at least 300€ per month.

• Like 4
  • Hug 1
  • Hearts 1

32 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

Would be easier to just shut down the servers.

EVERY FUCKIN RECENT PATCH made the game worse for everyone who isn't spending at least 300€ per month.

I supposed you haven´t read last weeks patch notes f.e. then or the week prior? 🤨

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
  • Hearts 1

35 minutes ago, holymolly said:

I supposed you haven´t read last weeks patch notes f.e. then or the week prior? 🤨

i read all the patch notes. Nothing new thats not already in the script.

Some small qol improvements will never repair the damage all the other stuff has done. The only feature without a downside is the Panteons Stairway.

As i said, one usefull update will not outweight all the p2w crap they came up with.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I don't know what is the intention of this event? (well...except of the obvious thing to generate more money)

What does it bring to the game?

- more exclusive girls (in a collection game this is bad, because players lose motivation sometime)

- bad feelings for players because of this overpriced bonus path

- a bad balanced event (those numbers are ridiculous)

- so many time consuming stuff -> we reached a point where it is too much. Sure I can skip stuff but then there is the feeling of missed chances

Do you feel the chrismas spirit in this month? At least for me this is a clear 'no!'.

• Like 11