Mythic Equipment - New Feature

FinderKeeper

59 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Okay so, basically the logic here would be that if my gear wants a Rainbow tag, then I need to actually make my team Rainbow to get the bonuses

Well there are 2 types of bonuses on each peace. a class one and an Element one. from what I have seen so far the class one will be either attack or ego buff. Element will be def or harmony. so if your class matches that buff should stay on no mater what your team is. The Element one would turn on and off if you switch teams out. Thats why on another post I said it would be a nice upgrade to connect the pre saved teams with a section for what your armor is so that can change to once we have more armor we may want to change with different teams.

• Like 2

My opinion on the new Mythic gear:

You just need a set of 6 balanced items for initial gameplay, 54 if you want the 8 elemental sets.

It will be a grind (1 year, perhaps 2), but eventually everyone will have the complete upgraded sets, reaching an equilibrium, even if some players reach it sooner having a temporal advantage.

The cost of upgrading is affordable: 60 M cash and 400-500 gear items that you get from Great Pachinko x10.

It is another feature that benefit starting (whale) players (reaching level 200 takes 1 month), as many changes in the last years that speed up the initial phase (now you can reach level 400 in a year and level 500 in two years), making competitive lower level players. I am not against that approach, surely is good for the business having players happy and willing to spend real money to advance in the competitive features of the game.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Not directly related, but after the patch with the new mythic gear were installed in the test server, there is a visual bug in PoP where the gems rewards are misplaced below the other rewards, pushing the start buttons lower in the page and in some cases not visible at all (you can only see the button if you set the browser window in portrait aspect, that is taller than wider, to be able to see below the normal play area).

imagen.png.070d5e02b92613a55dd0b5ad58784005.png

• Like 5

Ok. I've read the Announcement and been through this thread.

Can someone advise the WHY of this feature? What does it bring to the game?

From what I can see:

• Gives a more powerful battle team.
    (But then, everyone will increase also.)
  • Gives a use for Equipment apart from selling for cash or the odd competition points.
  • So mechanically gives the player the choice of "more powerful team vs more money now"
  • Gives players something extra to do in the game, that isn't on a timer
  • Gives high end players something extra to do, as they've maxed everything, for a year or two.
  • Might encourage someone to spend Kobans??? (I'm not sure on the how of this.)

Are those the aims of this feature?

Will this add fun? (The mechanic seems an okay expansion.)

Also - can you sell Mythic equipment? What do you get?

Would adding a "player market" add anything to the concept? Some people grind Mythic equipment, other people buy? That's how it works in other PvE games. But that is counter to everything previously on offer.)

• Haha 2

Il 18/11/2022 in 11:59 , lepidocter ha scritto:

To get the first 6 gears, one by kind & matching the class,  it take "by average" 50 drops. Probably 4 (spending kobans)  to  12 (total free) months.

Does this take in account even the desired resonance bonus (one out of two) for matching the class?

1 hour ago, Bob_Down said:

Might encourage someone to spend Kobans??? (I'm not sure on the how of this.)

Not really. But it will encourage paying players to spend real-life money on various bundles and shop offers with mythic items. Which I think is good for the game overall. Nothing in this is paywalled, and even though this will have a similar effect on baby whales as the level 750 girls regardless of player level had, good players can still compete even in a strict F2P regimen. Which is good for this PVP game.

1 hour ago, Bob_Down said:

Would adding a "player market" add anything to the concept? Some people grind Mythic equipment, other people buy? That's how it works in other PvE games. But that is counter to everything previously on offer.)

Never. This is not a PVE game anymore (hasn't been for years), and this in particular stuff has primarily PVP utility. Any selling or trading of items between accounts would instantly result in massive issues for the game economy, massive cheating (farm gear with your bot-ran dupe accounts, sell them all to your main) and therefore will not and should not ever happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Antimon said:

Does this take in account even the desired resonance bonus (one out of two) for matching the class?

No, just the class, whatever the bonus.
Anyway the math it's easy. Considering that once you drop a class match item, it can be the one you want or the other, you have 50% each time. That's mean, by using "expected time", to double the time.

120 drops (it include chances of duplicates) to have all 6 items of matching slots, class and one specific resonance bonus.
Based on quoted events alone, *I suppose* a couple of years for a F2P, I suppose 8 to 12 months by paying stuff.

Mind that this is *expected time": it's an average value of a 'cloud' of results, that cannot influence the RNG. It only measure the moment you can tell yourself lucky or unlucky.

(the curve ramp up once you have to select 1 out of 9 elements... that make the chances really thin).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For the most who want's to win D3 it will be interesting to get 9 set of equip (at least for the weeks with blessed element playfull/Voyeur/submissiv 40% and another blessing with 20% 😉 ). In the next 1 or 2 years we will have a very hard time for f2p players in D3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

20 hours ago, jelom said:

Not directly related, but after the patch with the new mythic gear were installed in the test server, there is a visual bug in PoP where the gems rewards are misplaced below the other rewards, pushing the start buttons lower in the page and in some cases not visible at all (you can only see the button if you set the browser window in portrait aspect, that is taller than wider, to be able to see below the normal play area).

Zooming out to 50% works too. (Ctrl + -)

• Thanks 1

What are the confirmed sources for mythic equipment? I recall:

• PoG (1x free path and 2x paid path)
  • Mythic Pachinko (1% or less drop rate)
  • 1st in Legendary Contests (only until you get the girl or every day)

Anything else I might be missing?

38 minutes ago, 430i said:

What are the confirmed sources for mythic equipment? I recall:

• PoG (1x free path and 2x paid path)
  • Mythic Pachinko (1% or less drop rate)
  • 1st in Legendary Contests (only until you get the girl or every day)

Anything else I might be missing?

Link to this page, that explains it all.

2022-11-20_7-49-34.png.4b5dba0a5dfa15fd44247d1c60b63146.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 blind pieces of feedback from what I've read.  (my test server account is also too low, thanks everyone for sharing)

1. The auto feature as described seems potentially (eventually?) useless to me as I envision at a certain point (almost certainly level 500) the level of the gear may not be what you necessarily want to sell.  Like I don't want it suggesting my mono gear (until that gear has no more value).  More useful to me seems auto-lowest rarity eq.  Or an auto with a selectable rarity.  Or even just a rarity filter in inventory.

2. Related I hope they are considering "favorite gear" either/or to denote what not sell or to quickly equip a set.  I already have some trouble digging through gear to find what I want but digging through to find a specific focus seems yet another level.  Maybe they are hoping that everyone's inventories are empty from levelling the gear but that still leaves digging through all the mythic gear once you have it to find what you want (presumably it would also look the same).  I've seen saved gearset pages in other games so it is not beyond my (perhaps sad) imagination.

Frankly both of these things (or slight varients) would help me now with inventory management :P  I think I probably just didn't care because it's just vendor contests that it matters for.

Edited by jpanda
2x typo fix, 2x clarify
  • Like 2

il y a 21 minutes, jpanda a dit :

2. Related I hope they are considering "favorite gear" either/or to denote what not sell or to quickly equip a set.  I already have some trouble digging through gear to find what I want but digging through to find a specific focus seems yet another level.  Maybe they are hoping that everyone's inventories are empty from levelling the gear but that still leaves digging through all the mythic gear once you have it to find what you want (presumably it would also look the same).  I've seen saved gearset pages in other games so it is not beyond my (perhaps sad) imagination.

It's good to hope Kinkoid will do something about that, but in the meantime, you should probably put your trust in the community scripts 😉

il y a 26 minutes, jpanda a dit :

1. The auto feature as described seems potentially (eventually?) useless to me as I envision at a certain point (almost certainly level 500) the level of the gear may not be what you necessarily want to sell.  Like I don't want it suggesting my mono gear (until that gear has no more value).  More useful to me seems auto-lowest rarity eq.  Or an auto with a selectable rarity.  Or even just a rarity filter in inventory.

It's already an auto-lowest rarity equipments selection but only with the equipments already displayed (meaning you have to scroll to the bottom of the screen if you want to load more than the first 100 equipments)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 6:14 AM, bolitho76 said:

For the most who want's to win D3 it will be interesting to get 9 set of equip (at least for the weeks with blessed element playfull/Voyeur/submissiv 40% and another blessing with 20% 😉 ). In the next 1 or 2 years we will have a very hard time for f2p players in D3.

I would have a very hard time now in D3!   :-)

(Based on one accidental promotion at Level 414 with 6 x L700 Mythics, which ended in utter disaster.)

• Sad 1

Il y a 10 heures, jpanda a dit :

1. The auto feature as described seems potentially (eventually?) useless to me

You need to reach a certain level of insanity to do it manually though. I'm pretty insane myself, but gave up pretty quickly on trying to level up even a single piece manually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised :O 1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, Bob_Down said:

Ok. I've read the Announcement and been through this thread.

Can someone advise the WHY of this feature? What does it bring to the game?

From what I can see:

• Gives a more powerful battle team.
    (But then, everyone will increase also.)
  • Gives a use for Equipment apart from selling for cash or the odd competition points.
  • So mechanically gives the player the choice of "more powerful team vs more money now"
  • Gives players something extra to do in the game, that isn't on a timer
  • Gives high end players something extra to do, as they've maxed everything, for a year or two.
  • Might encourage someone to spend Kobans??? (I'm not sure on the how of this.)

I think you've got most of these nailed down, except that most high end players don't have everything maxed out already. Gems are limiting except for the highest of the high end players.

You're right that it will cause more Koban spending the way this is implemented, not just real world money spending, as well.

The other WHY to do this is that it's part of the development team's vision to bring a more robust competition mechanic to the game. We saw that with elements and gems, and we've seen it in other ways previously.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 1:47 AM, Zteev said:

Gems are limiting except for the highest of the high end players.

The high-end players have been at the point of diminishing returns for over 6 months now, as once you have level 750 battle teams the advantage of maxing out additional girls isn't as big. New 5-star legendaries are being released faster than you can upgrade them, so I don't think anyone will ever truly be maxed out in that sense. I got to level 750 in July, and I wasn't unlocking any of the PoV bonus paths so I was losing out on a lot of gems relative to other players. 

I think a lot of players are squandering their gems and spending them inefficiently. It only takes around 200k gems (give or take depending on exact rarity distribution) to get 100 girls to level 700 to unlock the final awakening threshold, and with the feature having been out for a year now you'd only need to average 4k gems per month to achieve that which is very doable for a mid-level player. 

As to the new feature, we definitely need the market to be fixed first. Right now it's actually impossible to use multiple equipment sets, because the market literally can't scroll down for enough to do so and there's no way to "favorite" items for quick retrieval. We really need the market to be fixed before they keep adding new features to it. Beyond that, it feels like at least in the short-term this will make the combat system less engaging. I'm obviously going to be maxing out a charm/balance resonance set first, and that means there's no point in me running battle teams other than balance. Why bother counter-teaming someone if I'm just losing my resonance bonus to do so? 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Attirm said:

The high-end players have been at the point of diminishing returns for over 6 months now, as once you have level 750 battle teams the advantage of maxing out additional girls isn't as big. New 5-star legendaries are being released faster than you can upgrade them, so I don't think anyone will ever truly be maxed out in that sense. I got to level 750 in July, and I wasn't unlocking any of the PoV bonus paths so I was losing out on a lot of gems relative to other players. 

I think a lot of players are squandering their gems and spending them inefficiently. It only takes around 200k gems (give or take depending on exact rarity distribution) to get 100 girls to level 700 to unlock the final awakening threshold, and with the feature having been out for a year now you'd only need to average 4k gems per month to achieve that which is very doable for a mid-level player. 

As to the new feature, we definitely need the market to be fixed first. Right now it's actually impossible to use multiple equipment sets, because the market literally can't scroll down for enough to do so and there's no way to "favorite" items for quick retrieval. We really need the market to be fixed before they keep adding new features to it. Beyond that, it feels like at least in the short-term this will make the combat system less engaging. I'm obviously going to be maxing out a charm/balance resonance set first, and that means there's no point in me running battle teams other than balance. Why bother counter-teaming someone if I'm just losing my resonance bonus to do so? 

I've realized it's better to save gems and GXP, for when you know you'll be able to max girls to their best potential w/ the right blessings, but it's easier said than done.  That's why I'm excited for next week's 40% blue-eyed blessings.  I've been collecting those mythic girls, and have 6/8 of them atm.

I still keep track of my earned, spent, and total gems.  I get on avg ~1,300 of each kind per week.  Unlocked lvl 750 in the middle of August.  Now, ~3 months later, I have 42 girls at lvl 750, (8 M6s, 24 L5s, 2 E5s, 4 R5s, & 4 C5s).  I still rarely have the top 7 girls for leagues, but it's getting better over time, as more girls w/ possible blessed attributes get maxed.

I'm also hoping for a way to switch to multiple gear setups.  Otherwise, it'll be a hassle to even use the gear.  Like it already is, for switching to mono gear for the pantheon.  You don't have the HH++ script?  We can favorite gear already.  I'm hoping for a charm balanced atk/def set as well, but after seeing the 648 possibilities, I know it'll take a long time.  My more realistic expectation is to get 6 gear that all boost atk, but have random elements.  I did some math, and figured it'd take ~200 random mythic gear drops, to have a 90% probability of completing that basic charm/atk mythic gear set w/ mismatched elements. 🤞🏽

113491570_mythicgearcharmatksetodds.png.bf8c16ed9f7dfa44a59c8f0dd1b7a014.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

That's why I'm excited for next week's 40% blue-eyed blessings.  I've been collecting those mythic girls, and have 6/8 of them atm.

Next week on Nutaku we have 40% Dark Pink hair and 35% Legendary. I have Taria,Darla, Norou, and Mythic Norou maxed out. Sadly I'm missing Amaya, but I think my lineup is still going to make next week very nice for me 😀

6 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I still keep track of my earned, spent, and total gems

Same. This is an excerpt from my tracker:

Total Voy Exh Ecc Sub Dom Phy Play Sens
M 7 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1
L5 49 9 6 5 7 5 7 6 4
E5 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
R5 9 0 1 1 0 2 0 1 4
C5 22 0 4 3 4 2 2 3 4
C3 30 11 3 5 6 2 3 0 0
Acquired to Date 502830 82736 62772 61735 67117 56230 59722 55109 57409
Spent to Date 484980 82200 62340 60160 66780 52920 52420 52220 55940
Stockpiled 17850 536 432 1575 337 3310 7302 2889 1469

C3's were only taken up to level 700, and 5 of the L5's are incomplete and are currently between level 500-700

• Like 5

• FinderKeeper changed the title to Mythic Equipment - New Feature
  • holymolly unpinned this topic