• Meh
    • Yucky
  2. 2. Rate Melodic Amelia

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky
  3. 3. So, Double Penetration - how does it look?

• Good event
    • Well balanced
    • Terrible event
    • New and exciting
    • Waste of time and resources
    • Event duration is too short
    • Good UI
    • Where is Boss Bang?
    • Too many tasks to get the girl
    • Impossible tasks
    • Too random
    • Gonna spend some money on it
    • I'll skip the event entirely
    • Confusing mechanics
    • Loving it

Final progress update:

day2.5.thumb.png.a6c2f3c1c2153ac880bfea0c28a5af7f.png

Day 3 costs:

- 880 Gems (I probably overspent, but I also had a daily goal to awaken)

Total costs:

- 2000 Gems (3840 earned from both paths)

- 100 Season energy (I got some extra left from DP, but won't be able to use it for PoA, so I'll ignore this)

- 1250 Kobans on Combativity refills (Used for LD, no extra cost)

- 7200 Kobans for paid path

- 11.5k PXP from PoG

So, a net cost of 7200 Kobans and 11.5k PXP, and a net gain of 1 L5 girl, plenty of kisses/combativity (will be used for LD and KC), almost 2k gems, 2 MG (trash), 3 AM and some green orbs.

Not a bad deal overall. The 7200 Kobans cost is pretty expensive, and I would probably skip it entirely for a lesser girl. Extra rewards aren't bad, but they can be purchased with Kobans for a lot cheaper, so only the girl and 2x MG are worth mentioning.

Regarding the event: I kinda enjoyed it. I agree that it's very random and can be frustrating. It messes up with the way we typically play the game. But I found it "New and refreshing" ("Exciting" might be too much 😛 ). However, I understand it's not for everyone (Because of chaotic, unpredictable timings), and I also see how frustrating it can be if you get the wrong task (None of the tasks were blockers for me; at worst they were delaying my play, but nothing too bad. I still finished in a bit over 2 days, so I had plenty of margin).

I think it can be improved with minor changes:

- Give 1 free reroll per day; or maybe full "bans" on some missions (Skip *and* don't get again).

- Somehow reduce chaos, maybe by showing which N missions are coming next, so players can at least prepare a bit. Or offer 2 different missions per difficulty level, and let the player decide which one they want to complete (Rather than having to complete every single one of them). Similar to how we pick opponents in Season.

- Reduce the price a bit. 7200 Kobans is a very steep price for most players, and rewards don't match this price if you're not really interested in the single girl it provides. Rewards are comparable to PoG, so I think cost should match.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

I am at 480 potions now.

I decided not to spend kobans unless absolutely necessary to get the girl, so when one of the first hard missions was restock the market 3 times that way was blocked until now. In the easy tasks, I haven't had much luck, getting some blocking missions including collecting the 2nd daily chest twice in a row (with just the mandatory different task in between).

If you take the totally koban free approach, RNG can give you a very hard time. If I compare Boss Bang with Double Penetration, the first is too simple and even easy once you and your girls have reached a certain level, in the other hand DP is too complicated and unpredictable. If you are willing to spend a small amount of kobans to pass some blocking tasks, the difficulty lowers, but again RNG can hammer you once and again with the same tasks. some comments here have convinced me that I should not though of this event as getting a girl free, but the normal outcome would be spending around 500 kobans to get the "free girl".

My impression of the event is that it tries to force you to spent your resources (some times waste would be more fitting). Another major drawback is that it takes more playing time, interfering with real life.

Although I still dislike DP a lot, I will try to do a contructive criticism, proposing some changes to alleviate the main problems found in this first (I still think of it as a beta) version.

Possible changes:

- Adding free skips. At a minimum one for event, but better one per day.

- Avoiding mission repeat in the same day (numbered daily chests are the most annoying, they could be changed to just opening one or two chests without regard for which ones).

Improbable (I doubt KK will change anything related to koban prices):

- The cost of the paid route for the second girl should be reduced to 5400 kobans in line with Path of Glory.

- The cost of skipping tasks could be halved. 30 and 45 kobans for easy and hard tasks.

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, jelom said:

Another major drawback is that it takes more playing time, interfering with real life.

As it stands, that's actually my main problem with this event. Almost everything else in the game you can reasonable plan around other activities (like work). Clear your regenerating resources in a burst, and leave it for 6 hours or so to deal with real life. You get a real bonus if you can get the daily reset at a free point in your day, but even without that you can have most events covered.

In it's current form this event needs to you keep all your resources near maximum, taking time to do the next task whenever they're ready, basically invading your whole day. I suspect it wasn't so bad this time for a lot of use because it mostly fell in the weekend. In april (next iteration) the 10th through 14th is from Monday to Friday, and that will make it a lot harder for many to find the extra time.

Not sure about how to fix it all. One idea I had was to get a whole pile of tasks at reset, and you get to pick which ones to work on one at a time. More expensive reset button to reset the pending pile. Haven't thought it through much, so I'm entirely open to this being a bad idea.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, jelom said:

I am at 480 potions now.

I decided not to spend kobans unless absolutely necessary to get the girl, so when one of the first hard missions was restock the market 3 times that way was blocked until now. In the easy tasks, I haven't had much luck, getting some blocking missions including collecting the 2nd daily chest twice in a row (with just the mandatory different task in between).

If you take the totally koban free approach, RNG can give you a very hard time. If I compare Boss Bang with Double Penetration, the first is too simple and even easy once you and your girls have reached a certain level, in the other hand DP is too complicated and unpredictable. If you are willing to spend a small amount of kobans to pass some blocking tasks, the difficulty lowers, but again RNG can hammer you once and again with the same tasks. some comments here have convinced me that I should not though of this event as getting a girl free, but the normal outcome would be spending around 500 kobans to get the "free girl".

My impression of the event is that it tries to force you to spent your resources (some times waste would be more fitting). Another major drawback is that it takes more playing time, interfering with real life.

Although I still dislike DP a lot, I will try to do a contructive criticism, proposing some changes to alleviate the main problems found in this first (I still think of it as a beta) version.

Possible changes:

- Avoiding mission repeat in the same day (numbered daily chests are the most annoying, they could be changed to just opening one or two chests without regard for which ones).

- The cost of the paid route for the second girl should be reduced to 5400 kobans in line with Path of Glory.

- The cost of skipping tasks could be halved. 30 and 45 kobans for easy and hard tasks.

I like all your ideas.

I will feedback that based around what people say here, I don't even feel the rewards you get are in line with PoG.  I'd make it less than that, maybe 3200-4000.

Also even better than possible2 (and probably less likely as it also digs into koban) would be they just track what you spent that day for the ones that are once a day.  e.g. "Collect daily chest 2 today...oh you did that grats".

Self status: 420 potions.  Confident I'll get the girl.  Waiting on [hard] PoP (today) and [easy] dailies (tomorrow, I also got collect dailies back to back; I considered spending koban but I figured it's not the last day nor am I stuck on both tracks).

Edited by jpanda
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, jelom said:

I am at 480 potions now.

Possible changes:

I still doubt the claims of people who supposedly didn't pay to get through this event. I got dozens of tasks that were impossible and/or required you to spend kobans. For example the many shop refreshes and ticket tasks: those all cost kobans. Youd have to be mathematically impossible lucky to avoid those. Not to mention the many shards tasks, thats a high price.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bohammettuz said:

I suspect it wasn't so bad this time for a lot of use because it mostly fell in the weekend. In april (next iteration) the 10th through 14th is from Monday to Friday, and that will make it a lot harder for many to find the extra time.

Ironically, I have more time on weekdays :P

I think you can't solve this problem 😃

2 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

I still doubt the claims of people who supposedly didn't pay to get through this event. I got dozens of tasks that were impossible and/or required you to spend kobans. For example the many shop refreshes and ticket tasks: those all cost kobans. Youd have to be mathematically impossible lucky to avoid those.

The subtext I read on many posts are people (including Jelom's) are spending koban anyway just their reasons vary.  A guild mate (not in thread) confirmed this when I complained about this and he said "yeah I was spending them on X anyway".

I actually coincientally unlocked PoV and collected a bunch of shards during this event then realized how dumb that was as I could have waited for event things to have done that.  (Self) Lesson for next time perhaps :)

• Like 3

I can confirm I didn't spend much Kobans on this Event and non I wouldn't have anyway.
Had to refresh market 2x, but had daily task to do so 4x, so no harm done here.

But i can also confirm that I guess I got quite lucky with the Tasks, didn't get stuck for more than a few hours.

I'm at 955 right now, next 10 are close, don't think the rest will be that much of a Problem.

Little Compensation for my bad streak with MD. 😉

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jelom said:

Possible changes:

Well, I'm all done now. Finished the event with 1 day and 12 hours to go. 
I've got 5 Kisses and 15 Combativity left over to claim. The rest of the rewards claimed to complete the event or just things like gems that can be stockpiled.

I'm one of the people who complained the that gameplay for Boss Bang and Mythic Days was too simple, boring and repetitive, so this is the antithesis of that.

I didn't actually mind the management side of things. I was blessed with several things:

• A big stockpile of resources. In particular Kobans which were going to be used for last month's Mythic Days but are being saved for Lovebot Narou. And unclaimed girls, PoP, Dailies etc. right at the start.
  • Enough time to play.
  • A generous RND at key moments. For example, needed 100 shards and got a Mythic Pachinko purple girl first try. Then later got another girl after four tries. Plus things that I could easily complete, such as "Sell Items" when my stockpiles were massive.
  • Good fortune and timing NOT to claim Dailies and rush to complete events. So things like "Claim Day 3" were actually possible off the bat.
  • A willingness to spend Kobans/other resources to move through some challenges. I did dip into Kobans, Gems, XP rewards etc a bit, but not excessively. I made sure to keep my bank for the things that I really did need. Still, you can see the "resource sink" in effect.

So, I'm on the fence on this one. I know that I got lucky. I know that I won't always have the time or resources to manage this event in the future. And the novelty will wear off.

On the other hand, it felt more like a "game" with decision making, certainly than Boss Bang or Mythic Days, so there's that.

The rewards were okay but not great. My red mythic item reward was, of course, wrong in every regard. The AM thing just got thrown into my inventory. Got a five star girl with good stats, but they're not exactly rare in this game. Overall, I ended the contest with a bit more than when I started, just shuffled around in type and quantity.

I feel like suggestions (as per above Jelom) could actually tweak this into something that would be more suitable for everyone. For example:

• Lock out challenges once you've been handed them each day. So if you get the PoP x 12 one, then PoP is ruled out from the pool for the rest of that day.
  • Lock out some challenges for the whole Event once you've done them. Eg 100 shards.  Most people will have one saved up to claim somewhere, or can bear the cost of paying the skip price once. But they should only have to face these big challenges once (or a similar cap) in the Event for fairness I think.
  • Reduce cost of buying the second path. I don't know to what, but I also don't think there is any way that is reasonable, given what people need to save for Mythics, and other Events.

So, yeah, keep, but make improvements.

• Like 6

Decisions, Decisions...
Should I go the easy or the hard way, can't decide. 😁

1095725846_Screenshot2023-02-13010314.thumb.jpg.fe32460955264c35e3819e61cdae17a7.jpg

1623479931_Screenshot2023-02-13011652.jpg.8d4b624f4b0bf05d10c776ea96a7e0cc.jpg

Guess that was that for me this time, but don't think I want to do it again.
Too unpredictable, too time consuming, more stress than fun.

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 2

Got there, but I didn't really enjoy it and going by many of these posts I was luckier than some others have been...

I didn't like that I would not cash in on completing areas due to the chance of them appearing as a new task. Agree that the "complete n daily task" is just stupid.  If you've already completed this, you should get credited for it, not have to wait another day...

Cost me some kobans: 4 x market refreshes (168), and one "replace" (90). Plus those spend kobans tasks, but I only did that on areas where I spend kobans anyway.

I was lucky that I had shards at the right time already, and only got the below 100 shard task when around 900+, so the minor tasks got me through. 

image.thumb.png.6cce7219dd654aff8987574ba0f511cc.png

Edited by jamanga
  • Like 6

Finished with 1010 points. Spend kobans for paid path and 2 market restocks, got both girls and 1 useful ME for my class (now have 5 out of 6).

Among the tasks I got, the most were for awakening (20 awakening total) and girl shards (used 6 girls for this). Did not got any tasks for selling items and opening chests, spending orbs only once with 2 GPx10. Probably was lucky because no need to spend kobans to skeep tasks.

I don't know if it is possible, but if Sultry Mysteries format was used for choosing tasks, I think it could reduce difficulty.

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

I should complete it later today once I finish these last two tasks:

image.png

So I had better RNG than average this time around. I didn't spend kobans on "Replace" and I didn't want to, at these costs. I've waited for the next day "only" twice when I got stuck on something like "Finish daily missions, again!" or "Collect the daily goal chest(s), again!". But these were spaced out enough to not completely block my progress (again, this time around). I was "sneaky" once when I got a "collect 3 PoPs" task: my PoPs were ready, but I deliberately collected only 3 and then progressed through the DP tasks some more and soon enough I got another "collect 6 PoPs" task which I was able to do right away.

I spent quite a bit of kobans and various resources to complete most of the tasks, but I got something else out of most of these than just progressing in this event (not unlike PoA in that regard, at least).

This required me to use a lot of gems and books I didn't plan to use just yet (won't have those on hand for CbC Day 2, but this event will be over by then and the free path was worth more than just one potential top 4 or even a win in one CbC, to be fair).

The other thing I had to do the most was by far kind of rushing the LD, for all those "get X shards" and "get X points in the PoV (aka also "get X shards" with the current PoV)". I'm honestly glad I didn't get a lucky x100 drop this time, because the new LD girl was my only realistic way to complete these tasks given the timing and my late-game collection. I already had the LDR girl, and I had no available girl in Pachinko (EP, MP or GP), I had already collected both PoV girls and the first one from Season (and I'm still a dozen tiers away from reaching the second one). So this could have seriously gone sour for me if it weren't for the new LD girl.

Thankfully, by the time I got another "get a new girl" (or "get 100 shards", one of the two) when I was already at 90+ shards on the LD girl, I had already progressed enough on DP itself that collecting the two halves of Lora did the trick. But this tells me that holding this event during OD or another time where there are at least a couple of new girls available for most players would be much safer than during LD, especially for veterans.

Also, this first one took place during one of the easy PoVs. Imagine this event constantly asking you to push on the Contests or PvP variants of PoV instead... =/

So yeah, this turned out to be doable, at least this time around (and again I think I got fairly lucky, can't count on that for future ones). But it's very poorly balanced and designed all the same. Now that I know I could get "full value" from the 7.2k koban path, I stand by my initial assessment that it isn't worth anywhere near that much for me (I have barely above 8k left now).

• Like 11

grafik.thumb.png.d6a31de5c3194a81a4e47dbd010a07ba.png

This is the end of Day3 at mainserver. Got 375 Points at Day3. I had a 4x Market refresh task and fullfilled it but on the other hand I had a daily goal to do the Market refreshs also and I'm short at books and gifts for the next Contests or 5/6* Girls. So no extra spending for DP.

Like you can see from some reports: Reaching 500 points for the Girl is doable in 4 Days and also to reach 1000 points for all rewards isn't undoable, like I mentioned at Day1. But the problem isn't the reachability of the higher scores in the path: It's the whole experience from this event.

The event force you to don't do things in the game, because it can be that you need the ressources for the next task. That's not a good design for an event and far away from a fun experience.

One solution who was mentioned here was that you get a pool of tasks and decide which you want to do. You can think on a pool of allways 10 tasks. At reset the Pool will filled with 10 different tasks and everytime you fullfilled one, another one will randomly added out of the pool of all potential tasks so you can end at a day with 10x "Get a Girl". New start of the pool should cost, let's say 300 Koban, removing a single task (with the chance that you get the same directly again) 60 Koban. But this system have a very great problem from KK side: They decided to make events that clear the ressource storages of the playerbase so they can sell more ressources for real cash. So only there is not enough participating (spending Kobans, buying bundles to restock) while the event lasts and in the following days they will change the event (or remove it to the place where it should be: the wastebin).

Some mentioned to reduce the costs for the Bonus Path. I'm don't think this would be the right way. Increase the Ressources in both Paths and add a relevant amount of Kobans in the Pathes as rewards woulb be the much more better part. A human brain likes to get relevant free stuff and "If I can get 1200 Koban for free and aditional 3600 Koban from the Bonus Path" the brain is ensnared to ignore that you will pay 2400 Koban more for the path and in average some Koban on top to clear/fullfill tasks or not ideally perform in Daily Contests and can't get the top4 at least. But again: KK think they can reduce the amount of hoarded ressources with ressource intensiv events and so long they don't accept that the brain doesn't work so in generall, we will have to deal with this kind of 💩

• Like 6

The game is mocking me. First, yesterday, on a difficult path, it was "Get the 5th chest", and after receiving it, literally after 2-3 tasks, the same mission was issued. Then today "Get 3 PoP", through the task "Get 6 PoP" and after another 3-4 tasks again "Get 6 PoP"! This is unfair!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just finished this terrible event and I guess I am one of those who planned very wisely and got lucky with the rng because at the end I didn't have to use much kobans.

Day 1. 150 points, a slow start because of me contemplating about the this ridiculous event. And couple of same quests buy x items from market striking me 3 times back to back in hard tasks and my unwillingness to spend.

Day 2. 445 (+295) points, me getting the hang of it and doing mostly easy tasks and playing the waiting game for the hard tasks.

Day 3. 855 (+410) points, this is only day where I had to spend kobans on restocking the market  2 times for 3 back to back quests and then hit by collect 5th box from missions twice for which I had to wait till reset.

Day 4. 1010 (+155) points, did a few easy ones and some hard ones with waiting.

Total koban spent 252.

Absolute trash event from crapcoid but by now everyone knows that by now. The rewards definitely don't deserve the effort. Devs probably forgotten what fun is or just want to ruin it for the players like the spoilsport they are.20230214_015656.thumb.jpg.3684596a23af847e002e7dd03c116e6b.jpg

• Like 6

i stop at 540 potion

the event is doable in 4 days . i have not spent any kobans but i did with gems which sucks.

i struggled with the 25 shards task but at the end a drop from POP gave 10 shards and a girl  which was the second girl.

next time , i will be more prepared and it will be easier.

powerful melodies.JPG

• Like 6

I finished the event on day 3. I had to skip 3 times on shard tasks because there was no way for me to accomplish them. I had two market refreshes. I found it very difficult to justify paying for the bonus rewards. They simply don't worth 7200 kobans to me.

Game is supposed to be fun. This is downright stressful. KK manages to make players afraid to play their game. The constant guessing about what we could do and collect, what might be the next tasks, and when we could play. Real life is complicated, we don't need our games to be complicated.

• Like 8