Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots

bolitho76

Today I recognized two changes at test-server and after the first one which I had recognized isn't so much important, the second one is truly very important!

First change:

image.png.620dd0c4fc2652c56f4dfd31a79403e3.png Some changes with boosters. Now more Mythic-Booster slots in the market.

Second change:

image.thumb.png.9b654d98f3eb10b2bb438bfd1f7408ee.png

They added a reward for Hero lvel and expanded the max level very much!

image.png.3f13b0ea5e7d69c7701c7026ab8dac43.png

To reach the hero-lvl-rewards you have to click here:

image.png.3db47f8614220b3bd78e82f9b53328d4.png without script. At the moment with script the chest is here: image.png.b9db2feb3c43fc2a301f4b00ad4c90ef.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 4

I'll only make one comment on this:

I love how KK always finds a new way to break the scrollbar, in every single screen. None of the scrollbars in this game works properly, but they all fail in a different way.

Of course, this one is no exception: the scrollbar extends beyond the list to the right side, and once you scroll all the way there, the bar moves behind the Bunny pose. At this point, you can't grab the bar anymore, so you can't scroll back (unless you use your mouse wheel or other alternate ways of scrolling).

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Seems they added more Mythic Booster too (have no one of the new Booster at the moment so only pictures from Discord):

Bild

Bild

If I get more informations about the Booster, I will add here in this Post.

image.png.08d466e6cbc818e08508a679c670df5d.png

image.png.63dc3a2100d70c3f14b34d2b5752044a.png

image.png.49e441b096de87c9cf1ef3a48fea57fd.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hearts 1

Not only because of splitting Boosters, they added new kind of Boosters too - like the +25% in Contests and the "BB" Booster that zoo mentioned.

But, yes, with the new Booster design it's more possible to need more than 3 Mythic Booster at the same time.

The league/season booster split should make many happy, isn't it? Finally no more worrying about either wasting AM charges or loosing kisses from regeneration. The season booster has not really any point, too simple to reach tier 64, but there were such boosters before, like the Mojo or PoP ones.

Btw, there is one additional regular booster slot as well, so now 4 of them. I hope the source for boosters will be increased as well, else it becomes more difficult/expensive to keep them up.

• Like 2

Alright, cool.  I'll wait to see what it is before I judge it.  Initially, I like the idea of splitting the AM booster.  Now, the SE shouldn't hinder leagues as much.

Here's the hero rewards I can see on the test server, I compiled them together in photoshop:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to News from the test-server: Hero Level Rewards & New Mythic Boosters
  • DvDivXXX pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, garadron said:

Wasn't there a plan for the excess of XP to go into Hero skills or something like that? And they just scrapped that and went for level 1000 instead?

Yes, there was one of the best proposed features in the infamous New Features surveys. It was called Hero's Journey and gave choices and access to different skill trees for additional bonuses to your hero and you unlocked them by gaining PXP, but without removing the Hero Level 500 cap (which Kinkoid promised they would never remove). It was voted fairly high IIRC, definitely higher than garbage like Girl Equipment which we still got anyway.

Are they really about to increase max hero level from 500 to 1000?! That's insane and to say no one asked for it would be an understatement. Most veterans asked for the cap to never be increased AGAIN (remember, it used to be 400 a few years back, and when they increased the cap to 500 it already created quite a stir, although lots of other aspects have changed since then).

Gogeta and a few other whales will be level 1000 day one of this update. Most veterans who have been at level 500 for years will likely get bumped to level 700 or something instantly as well (assuming they're not giving us a DP-style dick move and the metric tons of superfluous PXP some of us have been carefully accumulating since reaching the cap will be counted for this and give us extra levels right away).

For many of us, it will likely take like two years to reach the new max level. For new and potential future players joining the fold, this will make the end game so many years away it won't even be remotely tempting at this point. It was long and grindy enough as it was.

I do expect some of the new boosters to push us even further into P2W territory, and that stinks too. +25% in contests, WTF? this will become mandatory to have a shot at winning LC, CbC and even some DCs. Plus of course 4 regular slots mean +25% koban budget needed to compete in leagues properly, well if we still had a hope in hell versus level 1k whales, that is...

But yeah, at least there's ONE really obvious, really low-hanging fruit they picked up from player feedback in the process. Everyone has been asking them to split that dumb AME booster into one for leagues and one for seasons from day one. It was obviously a dick move to include season fights in that booster in the first place, exactly like when they decided to include hero equipment in the girl equipment pachinko... So yeah, that's technically a good change, or rather a long overdue fix to a terrible and seemingly sadistic design from day one. I highly doubt this will be enough to help swallow the bucket of poison pills they're about to shove down our throats, though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 1

41 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I do expect some of the new boosters to push us even further into P2W territory, and that stinks too. +25% in contests, WTF? this will become mandatory to have a shot at winning LC, CbC and even some DCs.

Agreed. One will need less kobans to keep LME up compared to AME now, but 400.000 contest points (to empty the booster) easily cracked with many types of contests, so that this increases the need for kobans much more to have those up even only for CbC and LC. At least first LC day, 100.000 points are nothing, so as long as one does not use dozens of them (for double points contest last time), like equip booster => claim XP reward => equip new booster => claim XP reward => ..., it won't change much 😄.

Can someone share a link to the hero skills idea, was it more concrete already or just rough? It sounds like something difficult to balance to me, at least much more difficult compared to just raising the level cap. But yeah, lifting the cap stirs around the leagues massively, i.e. reduces your changes in leagues as much as XP to level 1000 is missing.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I do expect some of the new boosters to push us even further into P2W territory, and that stinks too. +25% in contests, WTF? this will become mandatory to have a shot at winning LC, CbC and even some DCs. Plus of course 4 regular slots mean +25% koban budget needed to compete in leagues properly, well if we still had a hope in hell versus level 1k whales, that is...

Not everything is as gloomy as it seems at first glance. The cost of this booster is quite high and exceeds the maximum reward in contests for the first place, which immediately excludes its use in regular contests. At the same time, the 100,000 points limit makes this booster practically useless in Legendary and Mythic contests. So if it is used, it will be extremely rare, because the profit from it is low at relatively high financial costs. In addition, it should be used in a good way at the very beginning of the contest, because it only adds a percentage of the points earned, and not some fixed value, which further complicates the scenarios for its use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Can someone share a link to the hero skills idea, was it more concrete already or just rough? It sounds like something difficult to balance to me, at least much more difficult compared to just raising the level cap. But yeah, lifting the cap stirs around the leagues massively, i.e. reduces your changes in leagues as much as XP to level 1000 is missing.

Here's some old conceptual survey screenshots, probably from Nov 2022. They're obviously outdated:

Untitled.pngUntitled (1).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

They added a reward for Hero lvel and expanded the max level very much!

This is very cool, because in the D3 league there are already 80-90 percent of opponents at the level of 500, which makes it more difficult to match opponents. Plus, there is simply nowhere to spend ymens - almost all the girls are received and upgraded, the mythical clothes are upgraded to level 20, the whole set + spares. There are only GPs and donation contests when they are, but this is just a waste of money for something useless. It’s better to finally have the opportunity to levelup further hero’s stats.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

there is simply nowhere to spend ymens

Speak for yourself. I'm starving for Ymens more often than not these days, and it's been like this for awhile. Every damn Mythic costs both arms and a leg to upgrade and level up. Plus it costs a non-negligible amount to upgrade MG pieces and soon MGE pieces once I start getting enough of them to do it.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

Second change:

image.thumb.png.9b654d98f3eb10b2bb438bfd1f7408ee.png

And why are there three lines with awards? Moreover, one of them is above the receive buttons, and the other two are below?

• The lower ones become available only under some condition? Which one?
  • When you press the receive button, all the rewards above and below are taken, or only a part?

56 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

(remember, it used to be 400 a few years back, and when they increased the cap to 500 it already created quite a stir, although lots of other aspects have changed since then).

I thought that cap went from 300 to 500?

6 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

And why are there three lines with awards? Moreover, one of them is above the receive buttons, and the other two are below?

• The lower ones become available only under some condition? Which one?
  • When you press the receive button, all the rewards above and below are taken, or only a part?

The below rewards are unlocked via some hero pass, but I don't know what it is yet.

image.png

4 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

I thought that cap went from 300 to 500?

Nah, I remember the max being 400, and I wasn't level 400 yet, maybe 350+.  That's why I had a ton of L3s able to reach lvl 400, w/o needing to spend gems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Nah, I remember the max being 400, and I wasn't level 400 yet, maybe 350+.  That's why I had a ton of L3s able to reach lvl 400, w/o needing to spend gems.

maybe cap changed twice. I'm remembering 300 before gem or even the shard system when girls max was linked to players level

4 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

in the D3 league there are already 80-90 percent of opponents at the level of 500,

That's very true, but unless they FINALLY and at the very least add a whole new tier of three divisions above D, which we would really really need to even survive let alone keep up with all this P2W oriented powercreep dumped on us, this will just be a bloodbath. You'll have more varied player levels in D3, sure, but as you and I (and most even fairly veteran non-whales) will be at the bottom of the foodchain with our pathetic level 600-ish (again, assuming they don't screw us over and they DO count the fucking PXP we've been accumulating since we've reached the current lvl 500 cap; some of us have been using Alban 's booster nonstop for over a year specifically in anticipation of the proposed Hero's Journey...)... while we will inevitably have multiple level 1000 or even 900-ish opponents who will utterly crush us, well... fuck that shit.

Kinkoid better introduce three new league divisions above D along with this garbage, otherwise PvP is basically dead for non-whales for at least a couple of years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

il y a 3 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

assuming they don't screw us over and they DO count the fucking PXP we've been accumulating since we've reached the current lvl 500 cap

No need to assume:

image.thumb.png.31844f09afe32087db16a42525593b24.png

(Shit, I said I wouldn't participate in this topic. 😭 )

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

maybe cap changed twice. I'm remembering 300 before gem or even the shard system when girls max was linked to players level

I don't think so. At the very least, the cap was already lvl 400 when I started in mid-2019. It was moved to 500 sometime during my first two years, long before gems. That's where the "grandfathered" thing came from, as players who were already at level 500 or at least above 450 before they introduced gems had a short window of opportunity to cap as many girls as they could up to level 500 with the old level up system (which simply required books and nothing else) before the awakening system made all non-battlers stuck at lvl 250 at best forever.

I distinctly remember I was below 450 myself when this happened (but above 400 at least) so I only partially benefited from this. I didn't have the resources to level up every last girl I had back then either, but I still have a lot of filler girls at level 450 instead of 250 thanks to this.

2 minutes ago, Liliat said:

(Shit, I said I wouldn't participate in this topic. 😭 )

Come on, no one believed you wouldn't even for a second, least of all you yourself. ^^

Hopefully this doesn't necessarily mean they're going to fuck us over with the extra PXP we've accumulated after reaching the cap, but rather that fewer players are even level 500 on the TS in the first place?

• Haha 1

Alright, I've read some stuff now, and have forbidden knowledge.  Don't know if I should say anything or not.  You guys will find out tomorrow anyway.  I'm gonna ban myself from this topic until tomorrow.  Gotta spend some time irl anyway, lol.

• Thinking 1
  • uwu 1
  • GG 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots
  • Ravi-Sama unpinned this topic