[ August 2nd, 2023 ] Girl Skills 💡

Lumpi46

28 minutes ago, 430i said:

This means if "Doggie style" were to be blessed this week and all/most team girls had this position, this would be quite good option to invest lightbulbs in

You're right. In your completely out of the air improbable example, which has absolutely nothing to do with today's blessings, you should do exactly that.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 430i said:

This means if "Doggie style" were to be blessed this week and all/most team girls had this position, this would be quite good option to invest lightbulbs in, right (ignoring that there might be better ones)?

Especially blue and yellow girls with this pose, to get up to 7*7=49 times the bonus. But with limited bulbs, I am not sure whether this is a good long-term invest. Probably you did skill girls with another trait already and benefit more from concentrating on that one, at least first maxing out tier 4 of those before starting with a new one with blessed pose trait.

I have 3 dark L5 with blue eyes trait maxed. It is crazy how much stronger other blue eyed girls are now. Magical Noemy, even that she is not blessed this week, is stronger than Yesette (who is blessed). And the C5 Bonny, who is double-blessed, even that she has still significantly lower stats, is as well stronger than Yesette because of her blue eyes (probably also because of the stronger element bonus: orange vs red). With stronger I mean that having them in the team gives me better odds against a number of league opponents I checked.

Edited by Horsting
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

Especially blue and yellow girls with this pose, to get up to 7*7=49 times the bonus.

You mean if one had 7 girls with a matching pose and all 7 of them were skilled right? Otherwise I am afraid I didn't get your point.

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

I have 3 dark L5 with blue eyes trait maxed.

Thanks, I really appreciate the answer!

So what you are saying is that you are treating the skill system essentially as a permanent blessings, independently from the actual and upcoming blessings. That's quite interesting, especially wrt to the bonus stacking.

To be honest, I haven't given it much thought yet, as evident from my question, partly because I don't have that many bulbs anyway and partly because running all those simulations and coming up with a perfect skilling strategy requires a lot more time than I am currently prepared to invest.

1 hour ago, 430i said:

You mean if one had 7 girls with a matching pose and all 7 of them were skilled right? Otherwise I am afraid I didn't get your point.

Yes exactly. There are some traits where this is possible with quite some M6 and L5 girls, blue and green eyes, blond and pink hair, column and nose dive poses and also doggy style was not bad, AFAIR. Probably you saw it already, but for completeness/others, as it is just valuable for long-term strategies, the overview from Ravi:

AFAIK for poses it is not 100% complete as the harem does only show obtained (100 shards) girls when filtering for poses.

1 hour ago, 430i said:

So what you are saying is that you are treating the skill system essentially as a permanent blessings, independently from the actual and upcoming blessings. That's quite interesting, especially wrt to the bonus stacking.

Exactly. According to Ravi's overview, blue eyes is the slightly best trait for this (one L5 just joined with last DP), probably along with column pose. And despite my early progress regarding girls (310 overall), I already have 3 dark and 3 red L5 girls with blue eyes, so it was the obvious choice to start skilling the 3 dark ones. In my progress it is totally normal that I have only 2-3 strong blessed girls, Yesette and Bunna this week, and Bonny due to her double blessing. So there are always 3 places free for the those 3 dark ones, which in combination are the by far strongest trio, and further benefit heavily when adding other blue eyed girls, which are many from recent events: Quartermaster Abrael, Dorothy (both also blessed last week, and both with pink hair trait which became interesting as well), Lara (also pink hair), Navigator Selena, Magical Noemy, and then Demi, Dolly, Amy, Nanami, Anila, ... from CC and leagues, so quite a large pool (for my progress) where blessings could match as well.

But next week with green eyes colour blessings I clearly have a disadvantage 😄.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 4

Finally got 19+ legendary bulbs, b/c of all of the champion fights for the LC today.

Decided to invest in 2 of Bonny's variants for this week's team.  They benefit each other, since they're the same girl, w/ both Libra and Blue eyes.

There's a 1.2% Atk boost from Bonny, and 2.4% from Adventurous Bonny (b/c NY Estelle also has blue eyes).

It's not the most impressive combo, since different element groups, and not exactly the same trait, but gotta start somewhere.  I was using them anyway, since they're blessed.

image.png

• Juicy peach 1

I've actually made my own humble spreadsheet for this week (okay it started out as a quick copy-pasta of the top of Zoo's spreadsheet for this week's dot com Blessings ^^) and I've spent a lot of time and thought on many possibilities and criteria. I've added columns for all 4 attributes that can be buffed by the third Girl skill for the entire list of candidates, then I highlighted which attribute each girl had the ability to buff based on her elemental type, and I looked at various combos from there.

One of the main ideas I toyed around with and that got me motivated to really bother min-maxing this time is that the Blessings are weak and don't affect a lot of girls compared to most weeks. So I figured that the impact of other sources of power would have a better opportunity to shine through than when there are super strong Blessings like last week. I was right, although it's still a bit of give and take and to make full use of my MG set, my current GG collection, and what little light bulbs I have, I had to give up on some of the power coming from Blessings.

It wasn't an immediately apparent and clear "victory" of one setup over all the others hands down, but I did end up finding just the right balance where I was comfortable enough that what I gained significantly outweighed what I lost for my particular setup this particular week. Sim Results further confirmed it: giving up on ~8k Attack in exchange for +9% Lifesteal, +8% Defense, +8% Harmony, and then some is worth it (also incentivizes me to use a slightly different booster set to increase the extra bonuses and mitigate the reduced sheer attack).

I also feel we've been sleeping on the 4th GS (Girl Skill) a bit so far, at least I have (and I don't remember a lot of chat about it in this thread). Probably due to a combination of that one requiring even more light bulbs per girl to unlock and max out than the 3rd GS, but also the fact that we've been impressed by the insane stacking potential of the 3rd GS and probably more or less caught in the jigsaw puzzle using it as best as we can represents.

Well, if I understood correctly, the 4th skill also stacks (Edit: not "multiplicatively" per se, but up to 7 times too basically), except that contrary to the 3rd one, once it's on, it's just always active. It doesn't have any requirement except having that skill on one or more members of your team. So approaching that one from a "permanent blessing" perspective makes a lot more sense and sounds a lot more flexible and manageable than attempting to force this approach on the 3rd GS as Horsting does, imho. EDIT: There's also very promising synergy between the 4th GS and other skills (mainly Attack and especially LifeSteal, as the harder you hit, the more you heal, the harder you hit, the more you heal, etc)

6 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Decided to invest in 2 of Bonny's variants for this week's team.  They benefit each other, since they're the same girl, w/ both Libra and Blue eyes.

That was one of the routes I've considered. I didn't go for that one in the end, though. Sheheraz is and buffs Taurus, which among the blessed girls this week also includes Bunna and Mia, which you're both using too. As for the legendary bulbs... there's a little secret to be found, but if you dona't find it by yourself, I won't tell. Oops, little typo, there?... :ph34r:💨

1 hour ago, hihi1237823 said:

Next week green eyes blessing, so max bonus is (1+0.8*6)*7=5.8*7=40.6% ?

Calculus is infamously not my thing, but that formula rubs me the wrong way. I know you don't mean "1.8 times 6" but rather "(0.8 times 6) plus 1", but something like "[1+(0.8x6)]x7" would have felt more intuitive to me (it seems you're using a widespread convention for order of operations, though, so it's probably just my subjective perception).

But yeah, if you can actually max out the exact same 3rd GS (in this case, Green Eyes as your selection has only Dark and Red picks, the two "Eye Color" buffing types) on 1 mythic and 6 legendary girls, then that's a +5.8% buff per girl, so a little over 4 extra cordys worth of buff for the whole team.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • GG 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

there's a little secret to be found, but if you dona't find it by yourself, I won't tell. Oops, little typo, there?... :ph34r:💨

At first I thought you meant Donatien drops bulbs, but I doubt that (wouldn't it be great?!).

Figured you gave bulbs to Donatella, and made a full missionary team.

I think giving them to Selena as well would work nicely, and probably be easier.

If there wasn't a ymen cost for reselecting skills, and bulbs were more available, it'd be more fun to experiment w/ this.

My Donatella is still under leveled.  Maybe I'll try it after LC day 4, when I get to spend some GXP.

image.png

• uwu 1

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Figured you gave bulbs to Donatella, and made a full missionary team.

I think giving them to Selena as well would work nicely, and probably be easier.

Almost there and yes, respectively. But shh... They don't need to know! ^^

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Ravi edit: RIP Sundevel66. 💀

Div-ception: pretty much. ^^ He's not the one I need to outperform, though. 🙏
image.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
mods chit chat
  • GG 1

48 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

But shh... They don't need to know! ^^

Alright, I tried it out sooner than later.  RIP LC day 4.

A definite improvement 👍🏽.  Just a 3k TP loss, for 4.2k more atk, w/o needing more bulbs.  Just ~300 mil ymens to reset them 😫.

I'll probably benefit from it more in the new league week, b/c did most of my fights already, after blessings changed.

image.png

• Hearts 1

The developer should add an option to sort the girls by the number of bulbs that are used to upgrade them.

What is the number of bulbs needed to max out a L5 legendary?
It almost a month and currently have 18 legendary bulbs.
If max out take 18 bulbs, then there will be a meta shift to legendary in 7 months times..

Edited by hihi1237823

Blessings changed to 25% green eyes, and 25% mythic.  I experimented w/ girl skills a bit.

I maxed Asmai, Rin, Cunegonde, & A Lyrsa's skills.  3 green eyed traits, and 1 doggie style.  1 L5, 2 R5s, and a C5.

Made 6 teams.  The 5th team had the best overall E[X]s vs. the easiest (Mentulatore) and most difficult (-MM-) opponents remaining in my league bracket.  All 7 girls have green eyes, and 2 have doggie style, which resulted in a theoretical +15.2% atk boost.  It's a +9.43% Atk boost in reality, after the -21.1k TP decrease, which is still almost like a 5th cordyceps booster.  The tradeoff is that I lose -3k defense, -48k ego, & -21k TP, but gain +17.3k Atk, for a 201k Atk total, w/ 4 cords, and 4 balanced mythic gear.  It's 231.2k Atk w/ an LM.

Team 6 is a Dom team, and I only have 1 Dom m gear, so it loses some defense/harmony, and isn't as useful, even though it has 201.7k Atk.  The extra 663 Atk vs. team 5 isn't worth it.

Don't have 21 mythic bulbs yet, just have 10.  Otherwise, I'd also upgrade Radka's tier 3 skills, for an extra 7% atk boost.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Btw, as I have seen this at least in some other cases: Do not only skill girls until tier 3. Tier 4 is pretty strong as well with its +0.8/1% AP each skilled girl each round (including the first one). As tier 1 and 2 are so expensive and negligible at the same time, it is a waste to skill to tier 3 only and leave the afterwards cheap tier 4 unskilled.

2 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

The tradeoff is that I lose -3k defense, -48k ego, & -21k TP

You highlight and mention the TP value as if it was a "value" in itself. But actually it is fully visible in AP, ego and defence and itself has no additional value, right?

It is crazy how even (skilled) C5 displace M6 girls because of the power of these skills.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsting said:

You highlight and mention the TP value as if it was a "value" in itself. But actually it is fully visible in AP, ego and defence and itself has no additional value, right?

It is crazy how even (skilled) C5 displace M6 girls because of the power of these skills.

Yep.  4 girls' skills are maxed, so tier 4 has an effect, probably visible w/ Rena's script, but I don't think about it, since it's guaranteed.  Mixing and matching based on tier 3 is the prerequisite, and then tier 4 is a given.

I highlighted TP, b/c it does affect atk, ego and defense.  The decrease was measurable and significant.  There's a plus to Atk, from the skills, but also a negative, that's not really visible, due to the TP decrease.  Therefore, the TP itself gives me an estimate, or at least a reason for the Atk decrease.

If I had Elder Magus Bianca maxed, then I would've used her instead of Cunegonde.  She's just lvl 450 and 4 stars atm.  Also 40% blessed next week, so maybe I'll max her by then.  It's true that commons can replace mythics, but only w/ the help of many other girls of the same trait.

• Like 2

That was very interesting, thank you. I'm not done playing my own puzzle for this week, as unfortunately I'm missing some pieces (and I also have a few different ones) and I'm ridiculously short on resources.

I don't have Radka, and my Mythic Bianca isn't fully maxed yet since I only just got her a few days ago (she's still worth using, I have her at 6 stars and lvl 717 right now). On the flip side I have my trusty full blue MG set, and 8 mythic GGs of which I can more or less activate the attack boost of about half depending on my line-up selection.

I've had my eyes on Rin and also considered the two Blue R5s with Green Eyes. I had not considered Cunegonde or any C5s before reading your posts, though. For L5s my top pick is Nubia, I'm confident enough that I've already transferred my purple light bulbs from Donatella to her. A big factor is that she's Bridge and I have two Bridge GG pieces, so between that and her Green Eyes buff she's an upgrade over Mythic Elphiba in my situation. If only I had 10 more purple bulbs, I'd skill Bridgette as well (I have a phat Bamboo GG piece).

My main obstacle is GXP right now, as I have a handful of strong candidates that need a lot of levels (I have enough gems for all of them, but basically no books and no kobans left either). Rin for one thing, as she's one of the few R5s I still don't have at max level. Also Magnolia and Aquarius. I've used Filya as a fill-in for one of them and the other slot is still taken by a Blue Mythic without Green Eyes for now, which reduces the GS buffs a fair bit. I'll check if swapping her out for Alt. Lyrsa to get more GS buffs overall is worth the ~10k raw stat loss.

Spoiler

Edit for @Ravi-Sama's eyes only. :ph34r:💨

Ravi edit: I see what you did there... 

On 8/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

If I had Elder Magus Bianca maxed, then I would've used her instead of Cunegonde

I wouldn't be so sure about that. ^^

image.png

----

PS: I already had some doubts on how the 4th GS works mechanically, but you guys increased those doubts so I'll just ask.

Are we sure the attack increase per hit from the 4th Girl Skill only applies to girls with the skill? Or does it apply to every girl with the trait that the skill buffs (as is the case for the 3rd GS)? Or, third possibility given the phrasing of the skill, honestly it might simply mean anytime the team hits?

In other words, if all 7 girls in my team have Green Eyes but only Nubia has her 4th skill, does my attack increase every time anyone hits, or only when Nubia hits? (In which case placing her in the first slot of the team would make a difference, something that hasn't been a reality for years prior to that).

Edited by Ravi-Sama
@Ravi ;) shhh...; Ravi edit: I see what you did there... 
  • Like 1

il y a 9 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

In other words, if all 7 girls in my team have Green Eyes but only Nubia has her 4th skill, does my attack increase every time anyone hits, or only when Nubia hits?

Answer A from what I have seen. Your team attack increases at every hit. So, in the best case scenario (7 mythic girls at skill 4), your team attack increases of 7% per hit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

so tier 4 has an effect, probably visible w/ Rena's script, but I don't think about it, since it's guaranteed.

In the meantime also correctly taken into account by HH++ (BDSM at least) for E[X] and P[W].

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Are we sure the attack increase per hit from the 4th Girl Skill only applies to girls with the skill? Or does it apply to every girl with the trait that the skill buffs (as is the case for the 3rd GS)? Or, third possibility given the phrasing of the skill, honestly it might simply mean anytime the team hits?

As Tom said. Think like this: Girls themselves do not have AP, ego or defence. They only have base stats (HK/CH/KH) which increase always the whole team's TP and bonuses which increase the whole team's final AP, ego and defence. So there is no concept that individual girls in the same team can perform differently.

Only with champs girls perform individually, but there neither tier 3 nor tier 4 skills have any effect. That would be actually nice, feels somehow incomplete without. But tier 4 is surely hard to balance against champs, as battles can be very long in some cases, making it OP.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Horsting said:

As Tom said. Think like this: Girls themselves do not have AP, ego or defence. They only have base stats (HK/CH/KH) which increase always the whole team's TP and bonuses which increase the whole team's final AP, ego and defence. So there is no concept that individual girls in the same team can perform differently.

Thanks, yes that was my understanding too but sometimes one thing ends up working differently so better safe than sorry.

About champs, it's not just GS that would be out of place, it's the entire system. Added stats from any source do count over there, be it Blessings, GG or most likely GS 2 as well (haven't double-checked that last one but I'd be surprised if it doesn't count). But apart from that, champion fights operate under the old battle system. It makes sense that Element or GS don't exist there, as instead the old power calculations, special skills and crits from the legacy CH/KH/HC classes still work.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

About champs, it's not just GS that would be out of place, it's the entire system. Added stats from any source do count over there, be it Blessings, GG or most likely GS 2 as well (haven't double-checked that last one but I'd be surprised if it doesn't count). But apart from that, champion fights operate under the old battle system: so it makes sense that Element or GS don't exist there, as instead the old skills and crits from the legacy classes still work.

Jep, tier 2 works. By times I skill 3* rares and epics (tier 2 primary stats only, and I do not have any R5 or E5 girls yet) when having them in champ drafts where I want a quick win or CC with girl reward. And same as with GG, their AP increases with the skill, which implies their individual defence value (?), as well as defence and AP bonus from HK/CH cast effect. Btw, even epic GG ego resonance bonus increases the hero's ego in champ fights.

Generally I have no issue with two different battle systems. It makes champ fights a little unique. Basically all stats and bonuses apply to champs as well (just a little differently, but formulas are anyway not transparent ingame), aside of element bonuses and tier 3/4 skills. For element bonuses, those are also only shown on team edit pages, so it is obvious that they only apply where you use such 7-girl teams, and instead the class and pose, which play no (direct) role for team battles, have an effect against champs. For tier 3/4 skills there would be ways to apply them against champs as well, when widening the term "team" from the tier 3 skills to imply the champ drafts, and balancing tier 4 a little to not become too OP in long fights. But also some GUI changes would be needed to make this in a way visible 🤔. Probably not worth it given the low importance to actually win against them.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last week, I skilled up Blet and Demi for a Virgo/Physical team, since it was blessed 40%.

This week, I'll try a full Capricorn team w/ Venus and Golden Hari's skills maxed.  I think they grant an extra 11.2% atk boost.  Don't have enough bulbs for an M6, or a 3rd L5 yet.  Otherwise, I'd consider upgrading S. Abraël & Lara (missing Nike).  I'm using 4 gins and an AME, since not aiming too high.  Have 3 voyeur m gear, and level 5-6 common RE.

This is how my setup compares to Gogeta's.  He's got 4 M6s skilled up.  Hence, why I'm not aiming too high w/ this bracket.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

I was gifted with a 3 days card, so I used the chance to burn a lot of tickets to get a few bulbs.

Now I can share my results with you:

• Used Tickets: ~3240 = 3190 + ? (I forgot to keep track of the number of tickets I earn during this period with PoP etc.
  • 96 common bulbs
  • 84 rare bulbs
  • 56 epic bulbs
  • 40 legendary bulbs
  • 12 mythic bulbs

I used 10 tickets at once. Something which was interesting to me is that I got them always - at least after I recognized it - in pairs (except mythic). My ticket stash decreased drastically now. At least it helped a lot for this new event format. But this of course is a one time thing. Before the gifted card I planned to completly ignore it. Things have change now. At least during this period. Burning tickets helped me to be in good positions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • GG 1

17 hours ago, MrXY said:

Something which was interesting to me is that I got them always - at least after I recognized it - in pairs (except mythic).

Jep, all bulbs always drop as x2, except for mythics, which drop as x1.

17 hours ago, MrXY said:

At least it helped a lot for this new event format. But this of course is a one time thing.

The good ranking will give you a pole position tomorrow, so completely worth it for anyone to empty the ticket stash, via x10 where possible, else looping through the champs every 15 minutes, whenever time permits.

It is interesting to see that indeed bulb drops rates are not equal but decrease with rarity. I wasn't aware of this, though had the impression. If someone want's to calculate the drop rate, remember to halve all but mythic bulbs as of x2 drops. Overall it's 150 bulb drops, i.e. about 4.6% with 3240 used tickets.

@zoopokemon's script btw got a nice champion drop recorder with nice graphical output (like the Pachinko recorder). Many thanks for this! https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zoop0kemon/hh-zoo-script/main/hh-zoo-script.js

• Like 3

Warning to all!

Prepare for the 5th Girl-Skill. The skill showed up at test server today so it's highly possible that tomorrow he will go to life server!

For Charme-Girls:

image.png.6539fc71cc95340070251bbdac957592.png

For Know How-Girls

image.png.cfab7b568529b52fc3ffd8e273200010.png

For Hardcore-Girls:

image.png.e76eeab160d6fe6dbe1bb8ca22e372a0.png

Edit: Ninjaed by Garadron.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1