New Feature: The Labyrinth - Started December 6th 2023 at live

bolitho76

What the f***, these statistics are complete rubbish until the stats and relic bugs are fixed!! I am repeating myself: Fix the bugs, which makes the Laby much easier, then check balance!! I was quite angry to see not a singly Laby related bug fix in release notes ...

I wanted to create a Discord account, but I am stuck in captcha loop, a common issue with Discord, re-appearing regularly. VPN, different browser and all such does not help.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 5

Nope, not first time. Still waiting for most of the league bugs to be fixed. That one can still not use x3 button is SO embarrassing. And that every second booster expiry means that you need to recheck for 2 hours until when either the stats get unboosted or new boosters applied, so extremely annoying and costs unnecessary much game time, just to name 2 of the much larger bugs list. This time, I made the mistake to build up some hope, after reading quotes form Discord about long testing times, "alpha" state and all such, which gave the impression it would be better. But nothing changed, despite me testing and writing down everything, investing much time for this. So I am at a point now switching from disappointment to anger, about complete ignorance and incompetence on a level I would have never expexted to be possible. I work with a lot of hobbyists developers, producing FLOSS software to be used without guarantee, and they have all SUCH a better quality assurance and testing practices. I feels like KK attitude is "people pay (enough) for crap, so we (intentionally) deliver crap" ...

And this is so sad, because the artists, story writers etc do such a good job, and also the potential/idea behind the Labyrinth is good. All worth nothing if the technical part around it is just kept broken.

Edited by Horsting
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 5

Some interesting stats here.
It makes sense for the labyrinth to have a starting difficulty that most people are able to beat,
especially since labyrinth is going to stick around and a permanent feature.

I have to agree with @Horsting tho, balancing something, when several relics does not work as intended is not easy.
Right now we have heals that heals too much, Defensive Bubbles that makes you take more damage.
Some relics does not seem to work at all; like Curse and Protection Assist.
There also seems to be some problem with certain relics in terms on how they stack;
The relics I am referring to here are the Duck master, and Finish move.
More testing is required for these ones tho, the sample data is too low to make a educated guess.

So while the difficulty balancing was fine as a short term solution, getting the relics to work and then make another balance around the new one is probably in order.

Now KK is able to get information on the winrates and stuff in the Laby, I would assume it would be possible to check
other stats too, like what relics people are picking up, and do some data on them, like how much healing from a relic, or how many times a girl dodges with a dodge relic.

And if this is the case, why not just open up the laby to be able to do more then 1 run a day?
(without rewards for the other runs ofcource)

It makes me able to test out different relic combinations; and develop some strategy, and if KK is able to log the statistics
its free testing for KK too. More data is allways good.

Obviously not too many people would do several runs a day, but will probably be more more people using this here,
then people on the test server.

Seems like a win win to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EpicBacon said:

Obviously not too many people would do several runs a day, but will probably be more more people using this here,
then people on the test server.

Agreed. The problem with the test server as well is that most players won't have their girls at level 650 to be even able to use their GS5, not to mention the missing bulbs. An option for starting with a dedicated high end hero on test server would be quite helpful to really test all aspects. But it is also not bad to have low level heroes to e.g. recognise that something needs to change for low/mid level players if the word "Mage" and mana should be of any relevance for them (of course after the HC/CH/KH stats were fixed to make "mages" actual mages).

Btw, I did some more comparison between HC and CH girls as tanks with current bugged stats. And CH are indeed much better tanks, also against stronger opponents. Since 1 defence reduces damage by 2, and a frontline girl gets attacked multiple times every round, this quickly stacks up to a higher ego diff compared to the additional ego HC girls have. Only in very rare circumstances HC is better, e.g. when most of a strong opponent girls attack the same own one so that she gets tired in 1-2 rounds. But generally, if one has a sufficient large M6/L5 pool, it makes sense to currently pick CH and KH girls only, and skip HC. Since ego contributes too much to "power" (1:7.5 ego:defence, while it should be about 1:15), HC girls appear much too high for auto-selection.

But of course a L5 HC girl is still better than a C5 or L3 CH.

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, EpicBacon a dit :

especially since labyrinth is going to stick around and a permanent feature

Is this guaranteed ? I'm thinking of saving my Laby Coins but wonder if the Labyrinth will stick and if the market will stay the same (being able to buy 20 shards for any 5 stars girl). I have 12 shards for Fae Finalmecia and plan to buy her through the labyrinth, but things may change as it's a new feature.

• Boner time! 🍆 1

59 minutes ago, Lapokabo said:

Is this guaranteed ? I'm thinking of saving my Laby Coins but wonder if the Labyrinth will stick and if the market will stay the same (being able to buy 20 shards for any 5 stars girl). I have 12 shards for Fae Finalmecia and plan to buy her through the labyrinth, but things may change as it's a new feature.

Yes its a permanent. 
Each 60 days there will be a new "season" and the girl offered will change.
I assume eventually she will rotate back in, so there wont be any Fomo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

and the girl offered will change.

I thought it would be like PoPs/CC/league, that the same girl remains in shop until you have her, after which the next in row appears? But re-reading the feature page "Every 60 days a new one will become available to be purchased." indeed sounds like you'll end up requiring to her her via SM shop if you missed to get her within 60 days. This is additionally problematic since 66000 coins are absolutely not guaranteed even when finishing all floors every 48h, at least without monthly card.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

Each 60 days there will be a new "season" and the girl offered will change.

More: and a new Labyrinth only girl will be added - like Club Champs or League. There were comments from mods and/or KK staff on this before, but I have no time at the moment to search for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I thought it would be like PoPs/CC/league, that the same girl remains in shop until you have her, after which the next in row appears? But re-reading the feature page "Every 60 days a new one will become available to be purchased." indeed sounds like you'll end up requiring to her her via SM shop if you missed to get her within 60 days. This is additionally problematic since 66000 coins are absolutely not guaranteed even when finishing all floors every 48h, at least without monthly card.

I would think it would be like club champion, once you go thru the cycle of girls it goes back to the first one.
It makes the most sense to me, and that is how I read the description. But we'll have to see I suppose.
And since coins can be saved or used on other items, its not like in club champ where you only get a legend affection item if you allready got the girl. It's allways worth finishing Laby.

Edited by EpicBacon
  • Like 1

Has anyone kept track what sort of girls are being offered in the Labyrinth shop? I have the feeling that so far I have seen only girls from the seasonal events, but I am not 100% sure. And is there a minimum number of shards required for a recruit to appear in the shop?

I have Stacy right now which is from LD and I only have 3 shards of her.

So I would deduct from what has already been written that any 5*L girl from which you already have 1 shard could appear.
I don't know what happens if you don't have any 5*L matching this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's been my experience as well. I've had the latest LD girl in there until I completed her (and she started showing up long before I had 40 shards, so the same restriction as the SM shop doesn't apply in the Laby shop, which is great). Since then, I've only been seeing Fae Finalmecia, constantly (the only partial L5 I have).

But, just as thankfully, the lone 3-star Epic I haven't completed on Gross never showed up.

2 hours ago, 430i said:

This means that one can get 10 shards from an SE girl with sapphires, another 40 with Labyrinth coins and the rest with SM coins. Interesting.

I've been contemplating the same strategy, and it's awesome that the possibility at least exists. This makes the three special shops potentially complementary (Sapphire market, SM shop and Laby shop).

Having said that, I have yet to figure out how often shop items get re-rolled. It's definitely more frequently than every 24 hours as the shop itself claims ("New Stock in:" _/24-hour countdown) but it doesn't seem to be every hour either.

Additionally, this is of course a super long-term ultra slow-burn investment, and it also requires a bit of luck, at least when you have more than one partial L5 at a time. I've grabbed 20 shards of one of the past SE girls with Sapphires a couple days ago (Captain Piper), but I have yet to see her appear in my Laby shop even once. And I check several times a day if/when I can.

Knowing exactly when the shop items are restocked would be helpful.

20 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I've been contemplating the same strategy, and it's awesome that the possibility at least exists.

The question is whether this is by design or not. Before investing those precious sapphires into sub-40-shard girls it would be helpful to know whether the current labyrinth shop behavior will stay as-is. I dont wanna be rugpulled and left with 10-30 shards of a girl that I will never be able to complete (not to mention the wasted resources).

• Like 2

Thanks, Bolitho. Okay, so if even Sandman doesn't know, then it's likely not working as intended that the shop items get re-rolled every few hours.

@430i I agree, but at the same time it's a sensitive topic to bring up to the forefront, especially with youknowdamnwellwho... Never forget Dating Tokens! ^^ So I'm cautiously optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed, but my mouth shut (well, in relevant circles, that is).