How you doing in the "League"

casey

The disparity of the reward structure of the Leagues is staring me in the face now and it's discouraging. I'm going to finish (I hope) in the 61-75 group of S2 and for that I will get one tenth the rewards for finishing 3rd in S2  S1.  Aahh, don't mind me, I'm just being grumpy.😣

Edited by Tommy55

I just passed the koban spender in my league. It looks like he's all out of challenges, since his score hasn't increased in a while. That brings me to first place. However, there's a cheese eating surrender monkey a mere three points behind me that may be able to upset my shot at first place in W3. I've already taken 3 losses, and I still have 4 more I'll need to take. If he's behind because he hasn't been as meticulous about using challenge tokens, than he might get ahead of me once I run out of challenges.

785007442_Wanker3league.thumb.png.d5ebc97479993af2f1f09bbc0d93ca0a.png

Hopefully, I'll get to hit at least rank 45 in Sexpert 1 next season. We'll see if I manage since I'm only level 216.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1st place in Wanker 1! What an achievement!

W1.thumb.png.f7c1ac65d0b2dccedba972e1dba6d9be.png

Seriously though, this account only reached level 20 and entered the league on Sunday. I was very active in it on Sunday and Monday, didn't log in at all on Tuesday, and logged in once today. Only 13 people have points and will get promoted. So for those keeping track of such things, hopefully that provides some clue as to how fast lower leagues are growing (or shrinking, as the case may be).

3 hours ago, Moe Overload said:

I just passed the koban spender in my league. It looks like he's all out of challenges, since his score hasn't increased in a while. That brings me to first place. However, there's a cheese eating surrender monkey a mere three points behind me that may be able to upset my shot at first place in W3. I've already taken 3 losses, and I still have 4 more I'll need to take. If he's behind because he hasn't been as meticulous about using challenge tokens, than he might get ahead of me once I run out of challenges.

785007442_Wanker3league.thumb.png.d5ebc97479993af2f1f09bbc0d93ca0a.png

Hopefully, I'll get to hit at least rank 45 in Sexpert 1 next season. We'll see if I manage since I'm only level 216.

Just remember that the devs of this game are French as well.
Those stereotypes can be considered very offensive.

Although I got 8th place and am quite pleased with My performance in the last S2 League, I can't say I'm thrilled about making it to S3... I'm already getting overpowered and didn't get 45 points at the beginning... I'm at 39... yeah, it ain't going so well... but purposely losing when I'm at the top of My game is a tough call. Perhaps hard decisions like that have to be made if You want to avoid getting wrecked left and right in the next League... Damn it... 😓

20181129_121213.jpg.0441bea482b03eb21bcfd3e81a392b04.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:45 AM, _shal_ said:

My projection method could be way off again this week, but for what it's worth, I'm expecting improvement to around 20th place this time.

Still the 8th-lowest player by level, by the way.

So this was pretty much on target:

HH-S10S1.png

I'd missed out on a few tokens through stupidity inactivity during the week, and back on Tuesday it looked like I might actually finish in the top 15 so I intentionally wasted another ~15 tokens to avoid that...in the end I missed out on fighting 17 losses, but as can be seen it wasn't needed. Add those missing 17 points and it would have been just about the 20th place result I had expected.

Tough choice to be made this week. I'm almost certainly going to finish top 10 if I go for it (projection says 7th place), but that's no good - not enough kobans to be won there for getting the privilege of a complete destruction the next week. So I'm probably going to tank for 16th place this time. I do expect to be doing some Great Pachinko on Monday or Tuesday, so my plans could change if I get very lucky with item upgrades there and I suddenly have a chance to finish top 4.

@EpicBacon is also in my new bracket - many thanks for coming into the new league with a level 1 alpha, the points were appreciated. B| I suppose you'll be one of the strongest players with your real squad.

Level-wise I'm the 16th-lowest now.

Edited by _shal_

In the latest season that just ended I finished 2nd beaten by the winner by 1 point, in the current season there is 3 or 4 players who are in the same club that

I'm a member of, that will make things interesting, should I challenge them there is 120 players so I don't need to fight them if I don't want to

This season I haven't any chance of finishing in the top 4 and will be life and death to finish in the top 15 so I probably just go through the motions

The only way forward now is to get some serious new equipment single specialty (hardcore) or I'm going to be stuck in Sexpert 3 for a while in no mans land

good enough to finish top 15 but will be destroyed at the next level

7 hours ago, _shal_ said:

@EpicBacon is also in my new bracket - many thanks for coming into the new league with a level 1 alpha, the points were appreciated. B| I suppose you'll be one of the strongest players with your real squad.

Level-wise I'm the 16th-lowest now.

I have about 164k ego with my top squad, i've seen a couple players in the same league with the same or higher ego. The problem is that i dropped down from the next league where i was dominated and had problems getting anywhere. And i always change to a low alpha when i am not playing, as it helps out others in both the league and in the Arena.
It's not really hurting me either, since those who would defeat me still will do so :) 

I am enjoying the Leagues a lot more than I thought I would when the devs described them.

PvP prior to leagues was boring: Arena match making was (and is) terrible. The same 7 or 8 opponents for weeks on end. Winning or losing a battle had little effect. The difference between an optimal strategy and a half-assed strategy was frankly minimal. And TOF just was not worth it. 1 week of excellence in PvP (say 20th vs 900th place). Woohoo! +400K hymen and +200xp! Be still my beating heart.

The Leagues are more interesting: Losing a battle costs about 160 xp net. More diverse opponents. Sometimes not fighting is the correct choice. You can choose when to fight a particular opponent. The occasional thrill of beating someone 60 levels higher than you. Winning a battle can bump you into the 15+ bracket when you are not strong enough. My last season is a case in point. One stupid choice put me in S2 and cost me over 1 level worth of xp.

All in all I think the Leagues while not perfect are a vast improvement over the Arena and the TOF.

Ended 36th in last league, so my fourth week in Sexpert I started. The new turn is a little more affordable than the previous, although I doubt anyways I will get high enough to get promoted, due to three factors: the lingering presence of players with over 160 k ego (i saw at least five, but i didn't examine the full list in detail, and players like these are out of my reach), the presence of many players with 10-15k more ego than me (not so surprising considering my equipment, but still I will have an hard time scoring some wins with these ones) and some errors caused by hurry, or more exactly by me forgetting to change battle teams switching from the arena to the league, despite the fact that up to now i didn't miss a single token point.