How you doing in the "League"

casey

On 12/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, _shal_ said:

@Moe Overload Around 39,800 league XP for the week, more than I expected even though my strength level in the league was roughly as I thought.

I wasn't counting how much experience I got. I spend the entire week burning challenge points to stay 90th or below. However, it appears to have been perfect because I ended up fighting almost almost all of my winnable battles that week. 1st place in S1 this week is almost guaranteed. I'm 48 out of 101 in terms of levels (highest is 301, lowest is 110, I'm 236). I've beaten all the highest ranked people in my league. I've beaten the top 15 people in terms of levels, and I've beaten the top 10 in terms of rank (it was top 15, but some people moved up in the rankings). I assume the most active players are the ones most likely to suddenly decide to max out their market stats, or acquire some good mono-stat legendary items (or even just realize that rainbow legendaries are useless crap and upgrade to mono-stat epics and make them unwinnable).

My strategy on spending challenge tokens this season is:

1. Check the top 15 rankings, beat anyone that's a higher level than me.
  2. With remaining tokens, sort by level and fight from highest to lowest (thereby frontloading my EXP gains, so I can level up earlier in the season).
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moe Overload said:

I wasn't counting how much experience I got. I spend the entire week burning challenge points to stay 90th or below. However, it appears to have been perfect because I ended up fighting almost almost all of my winnable battles that week.

But you're significantly stronger than me (I know that from the arena), so I'd be shocked if that's true... I don't track my win-loss numbers, but I think I did 301 league battles last week (out of 303 possible), so my 665 points must have been 182 wins and 119 losses. Surely you must have had at least 60 beatable opponents, too?

My D1 league already has it's winner Takatada Kitagaki who has scored maximum points

I decided to go through the motions this season as it will take the purchase of 3 full refills of fighting credits to battle everyone

as there are 120 teams in this league

my team as currently constituted does not have the strength to finish top 4 so  I will just mine XP points

It is fun smacking out these pseudo tough teams that are level 320 plus and while gaining serious XP points.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

But you're significantly stronger than me (I know that from the arena), so I'd be shocked if that's true... I don't track my win-loss numbers, but I think I did 301 league battles last week (out of 303 possible), so my 665 points must have been 182 wins and 119 losses. Surely you must have had at least 60 beatable opponents, too?

Nope, I think you were just in a less competitive bracket. I did get an upgraded legendary equipment item that replaced an outdated legendary item (from the shop no less), and it made a few more battles winnable that weren't previously, but I challenged everyone that had up to 5K more ego than me, and had worse total (attack + relevant defense) stats than me. With the first turn advantage, I probably could have gotten a few more wins from people that had better stats than me, but even many of the battles I was winning was with less than a single attack's worth of HP remaining.

I don't remember how many total points into was. I think I ended up in the low-mid 300s.

Il y a 22 heures, dirty harry a dit :

Got demoted to SII last  season. Expected that to happen since I was going to be AWL. Missed the first day and part of the second of this season too. Maybe gonna miss another day this season so I'll see where I end up. Ego-wise I should be able to beat everyony I've seen so far. Beat the top 5 lvl-wise. Somehow my priorities are shifting away from this game.

@Joe-da-G, you still out there? Or have you retreated behind the Maginot line?

Hey @dirty harry !!! I'm still there, doing strong in Sexpert III. It will finally be a week where I won't get bashed as the smallest fish in the pond... (being 30 lvl behind is a drag...)

• Like 2

This is my second stab at S2 this week.  Doing a bit better than the first time, only 3rd lowest level now.  Think I'm about to run out of wins though, so I'll probably be real lucky if I finish top 60 out of 100.  A couple more leg equips would vastly improve that but I'll be damned if I try event pachinko again for that.  Odds are too stacked against me.

Update:  I did get a couple new leg equips, but my ego is still much lower than half the players in my league so 60th may be optimistic.

Edited by Gambit126
Updated info
  • Like 3

I have won all the fights I can reasonably expect to win, just the fights that are toss-ups and probable losses left. I'm at 38th atm and hope to stay in the top 60 by the end.

In my nutaku account it's a disaster. I got promoted to S2 and I'm by far the weakest in my league, 17 levels behind next to last and the only one with an EGO of less than 100k, so just picking up the xp from losses and making sure I get demoted. 

• Like 2

Im chilling this week. I could finish top 10 easily, but no desire for D1 yet. So 16-31 is the goal. Missed a bunch of fights because of nice long nights of sleep and that is great. I can still use all cp whenever I play so ot doesnt feel like Im holding back. Im a bit lower atm but will go up quickly when the others around me start losing fights towards the end. 

In retrospect I could have tried for a relegate to S2 and then try to win that for a higher net koban reward, but nah. I think Ill net more exp this way in the end.

• Like 2

Snowman22 surveyed the players struggling up the flanks of the S2 mountain. @brassygirl was a spark of energy not far ahead. So far he had matched pace with the leaders but there was a pack of ego 180+ players in the lead group and he was the lowest level player in the top third. Calculations flickered through the super-cooled neurons of Snowman's brain. All the marginal contests had been completed. Only certain wins and a handful of probable losses remained. Possible probables and improbable possibilities twisted and flowed.

Patience thought snowman22. Be one with the glacier. A glacier grinds slowly but it grinds exceedingly fine. S3 was not going anywhere.

And this time there had been no silver platter.

Edited by snowman22
grids -> grinds
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, snowman22 said:

Snowman22 surveyed the players struggling up the flanks of the S2 mountain. @brassygirl was a spark of energy not far ahead. So far he had matched pace with the leaders but there was a pack of ego 180+ players in the lead group and he was the lowest level player in the top third. Calculations flickered through the super-cooled neurons of Snowman's brain. All the marginal contests had been completed. Only certain wins and a handful of probable losses remained. Possible probables and improbable possibilities twisted and flowed.

Patience thought snowman22. Be one with the glacier. A glacier grinds slowly but it grids exceedingly fine. S3 was not going anywhere.

And this time there had been no silver platter.

hahaha-  Yes!!!  You made this week so fun for me!!!  I see your strenght is ever higher.  You made your plan change as you saw the opportunity!!  I like that!

Lets go to S3.  It is my goal, 2 days 5 hours from now.  We belong one up from this cold mountain.

You are the glacier- the fine scale grinder of those 180+  I'm more like planter of the beanstalk:  Made a plan & go for the ride later!!

See you at the top!!

brassy

• Like 2

I'm currently 34th in my D1 league which is pretty good since I'm not using any boosters this season

Got a nice break today played 10X grand pachinko and received a piece of equipment that boosted my hardcore stats by 259

points.:D

But my lofty position is going to drop big time as I would need to buy 3 complete refills of fighting credits to have enough credits for the season

When I run out of my normal allotment of fighting credits I will sit out the rest of the season9_9

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brassygirl said:

hahaha-  Yes!!!  You made this week so fun for me!!!  I see your strenght is ever higher.  You made your plan change as you saw the opportunity!!  I like that!

Lets go to S3.  It is my goal, 2 days 5 hours from now.  We belong one up from this cold mountain.

You are the glacier- the fine scale grinder of those 180+  I'm more like planter of the beanstalk:  Made a plan & go for the ride later!!

See you at the top!!

brassy

S3? Ill be waiting. ;)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DHarry said:

S3? Ill be waiting. ;)

@DHarryI'm hoping to bounce on in:  Players distracted by the holiday you know??!!  hahaha.  I'm getting my fights, but it is going to finish close!  We'll know Wednesday night!!

@snowman22  I keep avoiding this glacier behind me.  -smiles-  good to know we are fighting our way up this mountain.

In our group, 8 players have higher egos  than me: I rate another 13 as tough. 

Of these 21, only 6 of them are KH. 

So I make the 9 HC my priority targets.  I load Gold boosters in the morning. 

The Charm?  Could go either way...

Best Wishes for your finish!  C-ya

brassy

@snowman22  hey!  -looks around for any hopeful sight-  You were supposed to blast on ahead of me!!  heheehee.

Maybe see you there  All these fights are tough, but I thought you had my back.   -smiles-  

Are you still with that Sherpa girl w/big boobs?     -sighs & moves further up trail-

Edited by brassygirl
wingman blown off mountain glacier
  • Like 3

Definitely will not promote nor demote this S2 season.  All that remain are losing battles.  Boosters would be wasted.  Shop offered me a lousy SS in a slot I have mono already.  Two open slots for legs.  One is weapon.   If it wasn't so expensive and the odds weren't so against me I would have tried event pachinko last revival to fill weapon slot.  Still hoping for that top 60 finish but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

I haven't played the full season.

Currently I am at 39th place with 549 points and 10 cp left and no losses (you can do the math if you want). Which is a way better rank than expected; might even make the 16-30 tier. After close inspection there are maybe 2 players I might loose to but with boosters and the right judge, who knows. Not much use in spending kobans though if 16-30 is feasible.

GL everybody. Especially @Mythos who is currently no.6 in this league.

• Like 3

recently I thought I could make No 1 in my bracket because I won against the strongest ones and they seemed more or less swimming with the stream but not aiming to high. 

So I even spend some kobans to get maximum tickets & points - and I was wrong: there was one few levels below me who also managed to get maximum points, so he won because of lower level ...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, windia said:

recently I thought I could make No 1 in my bracket because I won against the strongest ones and they seemed more or less swimming with the stream but not aiming to high. 

So I even spend some kobans to get maximum tickets & points - and I was wrong: there was one few levels below me who also managed to get maximum points, so he won because of lower level ...

not really, he won because he got maximum points earlier than you >,<
that's the only deciding factor here.
the other thing is when people finish on the same amount of points on exactly the same moment of time, which is a very unlikely event to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, dirty harry said:

I haven't played the full season.

Currently I am at 39th place with 549 points and 10 cp left and no losses (you can do the math if you want). Which is a way better rank than expected; might even make the 16-30 tier. After close inspection there are maybe 2 players I might lose to but with boosters and the right judge, who knows. Not much use in spending kobans though if 16-30 is feasible.

GL everybody. Especially @Mythos who is currently no.6 in this league.

with 10 minutes left I beat the 2 guys I might lose to.

1682675877_my2opponents.PNG.f87976f2f68c2f3cd8995f5d3de816ea.PNG

but I still would need refills to become 2nd..

myscore.thumb.PNG.fc2a91ed9d1bcbc4e8ac8b0c9760a459.PNG

so.....

Heck! I did better than expected. (No losses  and 39th in ToF xp gained so far)

Congrats to Mythos to become 16th. (if that is what you were shooting for, otherwise: commiserations)

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 1