How you doing in the "League"

casey

Well ok maybe I missed the theme but by now I´m up in the 4th League by using my system .

There of course I have a lot of 200 and more level opponents.

But I will fight on with the same system collecting 1 point by 1 point .

Expecting to stay in this level for a while till my level in the game goes higher and my ego will get higher as well.

If anyone has a suggestion I´ll appreciate it .

So long

Homer

On 1/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, DHarry said:

I did all the hard fights first. Had some stronger teams on the table and want to finish 16th. But, if by some miracle I would defeat all those stronger, I could have been persuaded to go for it. But no, 3 losses to the highest dude (by far) made me settle comfortably in 16th. 

There is always next week and I wamt to keep harvesting xp from wins, not scraping some from losses. 😁

Finished 18th. And from the looks of it, I think Ill push this strategy for another week. There is 1 player just too high for me to beat and I intent to win it or stay. Then again, if I can easily finish top 45 in D1 next week, maybe 2-4 is good enough. What are the average lvls/ego around those spots at the current d1 leagues? @Anyonewhocantellmebecausetheyareinoneandimnot?

16 minutes ago, Homer55 said:

Well ok maybe I missed the theme but by now I´m up in the 4th League by using my system .

Expecting to stay in this level for a while till my level in the game goes higher and my ego will get higher as well.

So long

Homer

Ask Achilles to fight for you. 😉

3 hours ago, Homer55 said:

So long

Homer

My advice comes from the famous Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis  he was quoted  "Just Win Baby"

• Haha 1

Snowman22's adventures in S2 draw to a close.

In the end the 200K+ ego player never budged and it was not one of the 180K+ players that edged snowman22 for top spot. Another high 170K player used the same strategy as snowman22. Boost, fight the 4 180K+ players, and then decide. Snowman22 won 11 of 12, the other player went clean, and both lost 3 to the 200K+ player. End result: snowman22 was 2nd by 2 points. :( GG. :)

On to S3.

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

Snowman22's adventures in S2 draw to a close.

In the end the 200K+ ego player never budged and it was not one of the 180K+ players that edged snowman22 for top spot. Another high 170K player used the same strategy as snowman22. Boost, fight the 4 180K+ players, and then decide. Snowman22 won 11 of 12, the other player went clean, and both lost 3 to the 200K+ player. End result: snowman22 was 2nd by 2 points. :( GG. :)

On to S3.

ouch, a bad spot to finish, good luck in S3

Im 25th by lvl, but 2nd in battleteam strength in my league.  Now the one above me is a lot stronger. So to win, Ill biist up, fight him and some tighter ones tomorrow. If 8 win all, Im going for it and run. If not, S3 will see me again next week because Im not leaving yet. 😋

Edited by DHarry

Slightly late report...

On 1/3/2019 at 5:37 AM, _shal_ said:

This week should see a sizable upwards move again, I believe - at a glance I've spotted at least 75 opponents I should be able to beat, so top 30 ought to be possible. 12th-lowest player by level this time around.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:43 AM, _shal_ said:

The second-best player is a HC with 10k less ego (at the start of the week - now only 8k), who likely needs some luck to beat that top guy three times. Nobody else is even close, I think. We'll find out anyway - #2 guy is one of two koban spenders in the bracket and will surely finish all his challenges for the week, so we'll see whether or not he manages a perfect score himself.

Got a +697 point equipment upgrade yesterday evening as I aimed for top 100 in money spending (replaced my oldest legendary slot after 67 levels), but of course that won't do anything for this week now as I didn't need it for the opponents I have remaining. :P Didn't really expect to get that lucky, otherwise I would have saved a few borderline opponents, oh well.

That second-best player did end up losing three times, and he didn't even win in the end despite the full absence of the best player - another HC player found some equipment upgrades during the week and got himself a comparable squad (2k ego less than #2 guy, but with slightly more offense and defense), and ended up losing only once. Too bad for the other one, all those kobans for early battles wasted.

My own result was pretty much picture-perfect:

HH-S16-S2.png

Nope, that's not a tanking effort - I finished one point out of the promotion spots after fighting all challenges. B| Needless to say, a huge improvement on the previous week's 41st place, making up for my complete lack of advancement that time.

This week's bracket looks a bit on the tough side again - still 7 opponents who are over 10k ego ahead of me (max 185k), plus two more in the high 160's. That's rather surprising given the apparent lack of demotions from S3. So, top 4 is very likely out of the question, and I don't really feel ready for a promotion yet anyway. We'll see if any equipment upgrades happen to come in, otherwise I'll likely shoot for 16th again.

Level-wise I'm now all the way up to 15th-lowest out of 102 players.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DHarry said:

No shame in tanking. Its not our fault that not promoting often offers better rewards than promoting does. 

I don't really like tanking and i never did, but i think i will next time... 2 weeks ago i've been promoted in the first D1 league and i finished 83rd (out of 120)... At least last D1 season i finished 38th, but still...
Seeing dirty harry, just to name one, winning 1920 kobans, 10.6m ymens and 20 cp in S2 (well done, mate 👍), whereas i got only 320k ymens for being one of the first players to reach the top level league (ok, maybe one of the weakest 🤣) is very painful.

It's been a while since i upgraded my equipment (and i'm charm xD), so next time no promotion in D2 for me.

Ended 71st in my last Sexpert III despite losing some league tokens due to overslept. Good anyways as I obtained some decent rewards not being under 75th position. Alas, it looks my new league turn in Sexpert III will be much harder to survive: more players (107 instead of 101) and for already two times I lost some token points due to overslept and personal engagements. This added to the fact that at first impression the amount of total wins obtainable seems lower than last week. :/

snowman22's adventures in S3. (L268, E178)

snowman22 moved warily into S3. He kept both eyes peeled  in case a group of players tried to approach him with a large silver platter. snowman22 suspected he had been traumatized by his first visit to S2. Perhaps some therapy was in order. The talking cure? No, too "New York". Primal scream therapy? No, he did that already every morning at 6. (snowman22's neighbors hated him.) Sensory deprivation in a flotation tank? What kind of sick puppy puts a snowman in a tank of warm, salty water?! Perhaps the best thing was just to exercise caution and see how S3 shakes out.

Snowman22 looked around.
He was 3rd lowest by level. Not good.
The few 13xK and 14x ego opponents from S2 were absent. Also not good.
2 players had 15x. There were 88 players in the 16x-18x range. Not bad.
14 players had 19x. 3 had > 200. Irrelevant.

I can work with this thought snowman22. This weeks target: 50th.