How you doing in the "League"

casey

Ended 56th in my last Sexpert III season. The new season appears again similar to the previous, although, as far as I have seen, the difficulty grip has loosened even more. I hope to end the season in the 31-45 tier, posed I am able to avoid losing battle tokens (and do not continually forget to change battle team at the right moment. Hell, how I would like to have separate teams).

On 1/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, _shal_ said:

My new bracket is rather odd. Even though there should still be some fairly high-powered players down here in S2 (let's say, 175k+ ego), the luck of the draw avoided them for my group completely - nobody's above 165k, so I'm actually one of the top players here. Sadly, being Charm means that my ego is a bit of an empty number, especially compared to KH's. There are three of them in the 162k to 164k range who are all rough opponents for me. I've actually done those 9 battles already just now as I don't expect any further equipment upgrades this week, and the RNG wasn't particularly kind to me - should have been 4 or 5 wins on average, but I ended up with only 2.

I may be winning everything else in this league; there's one HC opponent that could be trouble if he orgasm-wild bursts me. The points total I'm set to reach (889 to 895) would have been easily good enough for 3rd place last week, but since there are no standout squads here this time there are at least 10 players who could finish better than that if they put in maximum effort and get RNG-lucky - basically everyone between 155k and 165k ego who isn't charm. 4 of them have already missed significant numbers of battles since the start of the league, but I'll probably need a few more to drop off the pace to have a shot at a top 4 finish.

I did beat that HC opponent all three times after all, and after pondering my options until ~30 hours before the league finish line I ended up going for it, hoping that enough of the stronger opponents wouldn't spend kobans to catch up on challenges they seemed to have missed. And...it worked:

HH-S18-S2.png

The players in 4th and 5th place were both of similar strength to the top 2, and probably would have beat my score if they had gone for it, and the 8th place guy may or may not have been better than me as well (partly rainbow so more defense and less offense, with the level difference working in his favour), as well as one who tanked for 17th place. It might have helped that I tried to lull them into a false sense of security by hanging back on the last day, and only collecting my last 45 points 10 minutes before the end of the season...

So, with that done it's now on to S3 after six weeks in S2. Obviously I'm back at the weaker end of the bracket again, and way down to 3rd-lowest by level once more. Still, looks like I'll definitely manage to finish in the top 75, and top 60 may be possible at a push. Taria will get her 5th star on Monday and take over as alpha, which should put a few more opponents into beatable territory.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, BananaJoy said:

lol habi went all in already :(. only 2nd for me now

Its a game of chicken. Who blinks first. 😛

Im doing good. 16-30 should be my endranking. Nice as D2 is a nono for me. But i do like xp and kobans, so as high as possible. No need to tank though. All natural. 

Man, with 8 hrs left there is a real knife fight happening in my S3. But not for 1st. The real excitement is for no-pro.

15th place dude has 768 pts (and so do 2 others).

Up the ranking by 9 points (3 wins) there are 0 players.

Down the ranking by 9 points there are 9 players.

The whole 16-30 bracket is a measly 24 pts wide.

I made a mistake. Every time I did all my fights i was always 7-8th, so i decided to lose 11 challenge points on purpose. I thought that many players would have tried to avoid promotion at all costs (that's the impression i got when i've been promoted to the first D1 league), but now it seems there was no need to do that... Silly me.
Oh well, we are talking about 11 losses, so not a big deal.

By the way, this is my first time tanking... and just as i thought, it's awful. It makes the leagues even more boring than they already are. If you don't aim to do the best you can, you don't care if you lose fights or tokens, you don't bother to use boosters or wait for a better judge...
It will be even harder to avoid promotion next season, I'm not sure if I will do it again...
Jeez, the devs' ability to ruin every aspect of their game is astonishing :P

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Daniele said:

By the way, this is my first time tanking... and just as i thought, it's awful. It makes the leagues even more boring than they already are. If you don't aim to do the best you can, you don't care if you lose fights or tokens, you don't bother to use boosters or wait for a better judge...
It will be even harder to avoid promotion next season, I'm not sure if I will do it again...

You know, after hearing you describe the feeling of ennui aiming for 16th week after week, taking a zero and then striving to re-promote doesn't sound all that terrible.  More exciting, but perhaps as much an embarrassment as an accomplishment?

2 hours ago, casey said:

Currently in 4th in my D1 league, I haven't any fights left and don't know if anyone can catch me

would be nice to hang on and get the 3000 Kobans , anyway on to D2 next season

Congrats, It should be enough due to having some players staying under the 15 player mark to not go into d2.

2 hours ago, Daniele said:

I made a mistake. Every time I did all my fights i was always 7-8th, so i decided to lose 11 challenge points on purpose. I thought that many players would have tried to avoid promotion at all costs (that's the impression i got when i've been promoted to the first D1 league), but now it seems there was no need to do that... Silly me.

Yeah it's pretty hard to tank. Gotta calculate the points so you don't accidentally go past rank 16. See all those points go unused sometimes due to the 15th rank guy who doesn't seem to earn points as much as you want em to get.

Edited by Lhans

6 hours ago, Daniele said:

Finished 23rd in the same D1 as you. Dont think its boring to win more though. It will be trickier not to promote this season. Thats true. 

Ended up 5th in my D1 league, OUCH, my new season D2 league is going to be a major struggle, I don't think I will finish in the top 30

probably end up between 30th and 50th place do not have any plans of using good boosters it would just be a waste9_9

13 hours ago, natstar said:

Congrats, It should be enough due to having some players staying under the 15 player mark to not go into d2.

Premature celebration, ended up 5th I think you finished 2nd or 3rd so congrats to you

The player who beat me out of 4th came from about 45 points back with less than 6 hours left in the season

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DHarry said:

Finished 23rd in the same D1 as you. Dont think its boring to win more though. It will be trickier not to promote this season. Thats true. 

Eh, you got a point there. Being slaughtered by all the whales in D2 would be far worse... Ok, let's tanking again, at least for another week.

However, finished 22nd with 833 points. The 15th rank score was 841, so with those 11 tokens i would be in D2 now 😱

Edited by Daniele
  • Like 1

Hey there !

I´m in the 4th league for a while. 1st I finished 73 , 2nd 57 and 3rd 37 . So each week I climbed up one step in the bonus-ranking .

This week I might finish 16-30 in this ranking or up to 15 if I´m very lucky ? Let´s see !

Homer

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.01_08h35m41s_001_.png