How you doing in the "League"

casey

My thoughts exactly. But no 1 in my league had 6 losses. The amount Didi was ahead in ego, I seriously doubt he lost 6 times or more. Up to him of course. 

Im also patient enough to wait another week if I have to. D2 will look nicer and nicer each passing week too. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Rip.

As advice for future, if you want to guaranteed lose a fight, switch out your alpha to something else that isn't leveled. That's the strat I use.

Yeah, that's a mistake I simply can't afford to make ever again. Thanks for the advice. 'Twas a thought that didn't cross My mind till it was too late. 😓 Lower Stats would've encouraged other players who hadn't yet challenged Me to step up and Fight to win. This week is gonna be rough so it'll be awhile before I can get My feet on the ground again. Especially since I'm no longer competetive in PvP and am instead focusing on My Harem. 🤔

I'm merely waiting for the day when D3 is unlocked, so all the whales can promote from D2 and immediately rush to get first place up there, and then I can try and legitimately complete for a crown in D1 and proceed to the sixteenth-place award in D2, a time-consuming process, but one I know will happen at some point.

2 hours ago, Magic Sam said:

I'm merely waiting for the day when D3 is unlocked, so all the whales can promote from D2 and immediately rush to get first place up there, and then I can try and legitimately complete for a crown in D1 and proceed to the sixteenth-place award in D2, a time-consuming process, but one I know will happen at some point.

Then you might want to hold back a bit in the league 😂 you are in a promotion spot.

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Then you might want to hold back a bit in the league 😂 you are in a promotion spot.

Yeah, but we are nearing the end of the week, and that's typically where I break out the rainbow gear for these specific purposes; compete until I suffer a legit loss, and then tank like crazy. Finally got that first loss yesterday, so... 😛

Pretty sure even without the rainbows I'd still lose all three fights to you, way too stronk for me to handle.

Edited by Magic Sam

2 minutes ago, Magic Sam said:

Yeah, but we are nearing the end of the week, and that's typically where I break out the rainbow gear for these specific purposes; compete until I suffer a legit loss, and then tank like crazy. Finally got that first loss yesterday, so... 😛

Pretty sure even without the rainbows I'd still lose all three fights to you, way too stronk for me to handle.

I only need to keep an eye out for Nobody...
I want as big a reward as possible, but I can't risk Nobody running away with first place.

There is nothing really important in this so feel free to skip it.

Welcome to the continuing adventures of snowman22 in S3

The players toiled single file up the pass that climbed out of the pleasant S3 valley towards the formidable D1 peaks. The season was closing fast. 15 of the best would make it out of the valley and move on to new adventures in the peaks. 15 would me medivacced down to gentler climes in S2. The rest would remain in S3.

snowman22 was part of "the rest". He disliked it but it was important to participate even if one did not move on. The experience gained would be needed later.

snowman22 checked the position of the 15th player for the 6th time in 20 minutes. Still no movement! Had they no compassion? Did they not realize snowman22's tokens where going to waste? snowman22 needed them to move so he could move.

snowman22 decided to try and distract himself by building a snowcreature while he waited. It was no good. His eye kept wandering to the insolently immobile back of player 15. Besides there had been that incident with the snowkraken. The authorities had become involved and snowman22 had had to sign a restraining order. snowman22 scuffed out the snowdrake.

Wait! Motion! Player 15 heaved himself up, extended his arms heavenward, then with great deliberation reached around, gave his butt a good scratch, and settled back into zen-like immobility.

snowman22 ground his teeth and stomped in a circle. He could feel his precious tokens leaking away. He focused on player 15's back. Was it shaking? It might be. Was player 15 sick? Or more likely ..... was player 15 laughing to himself? It was obvious! player 15 had no intention of moving, he was just messing with snowman22! This would not do.

snowman22 marched up to player 15 to give him an earful on the damage he was doing to those behind him. As snowman22 approached a low muttering gave him pause. Player 15 was talking to himself. No, not to himself; to his gods. Player 15 was praying:
    "Please let someone pass me, I'll be good, I don't want to go to D1"
    "Please let someone pass me, I'll be good, I don't want to go to D1."

Memories crashed over snowman22 like an avalanche. He recalled crouching in position 15 on the slopes out of S1 and praying for someone to pass him.

snowman22 retreated to give player 15 his privacy, settled down to wait patiently, and started to commune with the glacier.
Next week would be different. Next week he would begin serious efforts at a 1st.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, i was waiting for you in D1. But it seems I did unexpectedly well.

See, i had 3 xp contests early in the week. Basically I did 2 refills for free there kobanwise. Then I figured, early time to tank, or go all in. So I took on the big ones in my table and... losr only once. Not even to the strongest but one just below me. It had to be a RNG loss... Grumbles. 

One day later I see the strongest player also dropping a game. And then the next. So, having a pretty clear lead, I go for it. This morning is finished all my opponents off for a 2 point miss of the max score. Will it be enough for victory? Unsure, I can only wait. But 2-4 is certain so even if you save poor no 15 from his missery to come to D1, I wont be there. 1 week earlier than expected, I go to D2. 

I just pray it will be as no 1. Big difference in rewards! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

On 2/21/2019 at 7:36 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

Rip.

As advice for future, if you want to guaranteed lose a fight, switch out your alpha to something else that isn't leveled. That's the strat I use.

Heck, if you have to, run up 3 off-class level-1s, and swap out your primary gear for any garbage you have lying around.  Why leave anything up to chance?

59 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Oh, next one is done before it started for me. XD Not that I had any illusions. 🤣

I hope to finish top 30, if not 45. That should be doable. 

2222222.jpg

The Ben person has boosters on at the moment so if you wait for them to wear off he will be easier to beat also keep an eye on Quantus as well because he makes himself weaker sometime after he has finished his battles so just check on them every 6 hours if you can. (Ben has at least 24-30 hours left on his boosters at least because he only put them on again around 24 hours ago.

43 minutes ago, jelom said:

@natstar Well, it seems you will win our bracket this week. I could place 2nd-4th. I have battled the stronger players and I had not too many losses, but it will depend on the luck (RNG) of the rest of the stronger players of the league.

You lose high positions against weaker players. Those that you have small percentage chance to lose to. Lose one of those and you might lose a spot.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:20 AM, _shal_ said:

The new season doesn't look that much easier than this one was - top 4 is absolutely out of the question as there are still far too many opponents with >190k ego, and I think I might not even be top 10 strong yet either. So, this will probably end up very similar - beat all "safe" opponents (I had 78 of those last time), then see how much tanking is required. I'll keep the 10 easiest opponents in store anyway, in case it turns out I need to skip more than just the guaranteed losses and RNG battles.

I'm now tied for the 13th-lowest level in the league, not much change there either.

Another week, another 18th-place finish:

HH-S23-S3.png

A bit more organized this time as I didn't end up wasting available points below 15th place, like I had a week ago. 22 challenges skipped, nearly all of which would have been losses (maybe 2 or 3 lucky wins would have happened), so 14th place was possible at best - that's actually a bit worse than last week. Oh well, didn't come as a surprise really as the quoted comment indicates.

This will be my 6th week in S3 now. From S2 I managed to secure promotion with a top 4 finish in week 6 - I believe that's still out of the question this time. At first glance there are still around 6-8 opponents I'll definitely struggle against, and maybe a few more I could lose to if they catch a lucky break. 4th place this past week had only 6 losses; I don't think I'll be able to replicate that, let alone do better. I don't particularly feel ready for D1 yet anyway, so it should mean tanking time once more.

Amusingly I'm actually placed worse level-wise this time, being tied for the 10th-lowest level in the bracket.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jelom said:

@natstar Well, it seems you will win our bracket this week. I could place 2nd-4th. I have battled the stronger players and I had not too many losses, but it will depend on the luck (RNG) of the rest of the stronger players of the league.

It's better to wait for the higher level players to get weaker such as them losing their boosters or them making themselves weak on purpose when they have finished all their battles pretty much all the strong players start the season with boosters on.

If you have not battled me yet then wait for me to finish all my league battles first so leave me for one of the later players to fight.

Edited by natstar
  • Like 1