How you doing in the "League"

casey

8 minutes ago, BraumII said:

Are you absolutely sure about that? Because their stats dont change when I'm fighting them either. If there's a delay of up to a few hours for your boosters to actually take effect when other people fight you, that seems like absolutely critical information.

Yes. If you only put up your own boosters after the previous snapshot (~5 hours before league start), then that opponent saw a weaker version of you.

Edited by _shal_

16 minutes ago, BraumII said:

Are you absolutely sure about that? Because their stats dont change when I'm fighting them either. If there's a delay of up to a few hours for your boosters to actually take effect when other people fight you, that seems like absolutely critical information.

12 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Someone who has two computers and accounts go test that.

This has been a thing for the entire time PVP has existed AFAIK, arena and leagues work the same with this. I'm sure it's been mentioned here before in regards to people weakening themselves ect.

Guest BraumII

Ok, while thats still frustrating and should really be fixed it at least explains how that guy was able to beat me. So basically boosters you use will only go active for other people with the next tower of fame reset?

5 minutes ago, Guest BraumII said:

Ok, while thats still frustrating and should really be fixed it at least explains how that guy was able to beat me. So basically boosters you use will only go active for other people with the next tower of fame reset?

And that seems to be debunked as the last update was 21 minutes ago and the guy is still looking just as weak. 🤬 I also activated my boosters yesterday morning so they definitely should’ve been active for other people today at 5 AM. any other guesses? Or do my boosters not only activate later but also deactivate sooner for other people?

Edited by BraumII

16 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Every 4 hours. First one in the league is 3 hours after server reset time.

As far as I know it's every 6 hours and happens approximately 30 minutes after the judge rotations (00:30, 06:30,12:30 and 18:30 server time).

This is for the leagues. I have no idea if the arena snapshots use the same schedule.

Edited by _shal_

6 hours ago, BraumII said:

I didnt lose against him, when I fought him I beat him with 100k Ego to spare. But he somehow must've beaten me 3 times as well. Because he got the maximum amount of points already. And it just seems impossible for someone who is a comparitively weak as him to get lucky enough to beat so many players with better stats than him 3 times out of 3. Maybe he could get one or two lucky victories against most of them. But not a single loss? It just doesnt seem possible. Yet it obviously is.

Also what do you mean you can't crit 2 times? Of course you can. You could theoretically crit with every attack couldn't you?

Go try, if you fight someone, they NEVER crit more than once. Of course, when he fights you, the same applies. So you, regardless of your harmony will only crit once against him. He has first strike and like George said maybe better stats than what you see atm. So it is possible. 

Edited by DHarry
typos

It seems I know nothing.

I was hoping for 60th in my 1st D1. When the bracket dropped I had a quick look and thought, "yea, 60th".

Then some lucky GP gave me 2 of the buffed rainbows in my weakest slots and I thought, "OK, 50th".

Then people started letting their boosters lapse and I started putting mine on and everything went weird. I ended up 17th or 18th. I really do not think I should have ended up so high. My base power (att + defense) put me at about 50th after the rainbows and I never used anything more potent than greens.

1st place was bought early. If you where 19 points behind 15th place you did not make 16-30.

12.5 hours later and they guy who somehow snagged first place in D2 is still sitting on his abyssimal stats. That seems to debunk the explanation that the Server just hadn't started displaying his boosters correctly. So now the question is, do Boosters also end sooner for other people fighting you than they do for yourself fighting other people? Im starting to think this deserves to be treated as a bug. Boosters used to be mostly irrelevant so nobody cared about stuff like that. But now that they absolutely decide the higher level leagues I dont think these issues should continue going unnoticed.

Edited by BraumII

I'm also noticing something rather weird in my league. Somebody rushed to first place about 7 hours ago with a bunch of new boosters, but they're still not reflected in his league snapshot even though two snapshot times have passed. (He might have boosted just after the first one was taken, but the second update should have had them.) The difference can be seen in his player profile ever since he did his rush.

image.png.35bcf4b51a01c828e057ab8f5bc612dd.png

image.png.0920637559028291e71024524352517e.png

I have seen other league players' stats change during these 7 hours, including one that I specifically kept an eye on - changed between 18:00 and 18:30 as expected.

Maybe parts of the game database logs are lagging again, although I haven't seen any evidence of it elsewhere (e.g. ToF rankings).

7 hours ago, snowman22 said:

It seems I know nothing.

I was hoping for 60th in my 1st D1. When the bracket dropped I had a quick look and thought, "yea, 60th".

Then some lucky GP gave me 2 of the buffed rainbows in my weakest slots and I thought, "OK, 50th".

Then people started letting their boosters lapse and I started putting mine on and everything went weird. I ended up 17th or 18th. I really do not think I should have ended up so high. My base power (att + defense) put me at about 50th after the rainbows and I never used anything more potent than greens.

1st place was bought early. If you where 19 points behind 15th place you did not make 16-30.

Yeah, I was there and dropped to 23nd apparently from 17th in the last 10 minutes. 

Almost forgot...

On 3/14/2019 at 6:28 AM, _shal_ said:

So, on to D1 after 7 weeks in S3. On pure stats I'm probably well outside the top 60, but I'm hoping some smart booster usage will get me as high as the top 45 right away. Not gonna buy 'em, but I've got a sizable stash of rares to be combined with an occasional epic for trickier opponents. (Plus patience to wait for other players' boosters to wear off...) Depending on whether or not I'm doing some GP this week I might not even need that much boosting...I've still got one epic equipment and two very old legendary ones which could easily and profitably be replaced by rainbows now.

Anyway, 103 players where I'm the 6th-lowest.

This went better than expected.

HH-S26-D1.png

Didn't even have to go overboard with boosters during the week...IIRC I used five epics, about a dozen rares and a couple of commons, and just about two days were unboosted altogether. It helped that I did get two of the new-style rainbow items in the middle of the week to replace my last remaining epic equipment and a terribly old (>75 levels) mono legendary - about +10000 ego and +2000 defense for a loss of only 500 offense, so I'm up to approximately 193k ego unboosted now.

Still, I'm guessing this would have only been a result somewhere between 50th and 60th place before the booster rework.

I'm assuming the same performance will be possible each week going forward, with progressively less booster usage as my natural strength gets closer to the top 15 in D1. I'm enjoying league right now.

8th-lowest by level in a league of 104 players now.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 1:03 AM, Observer_X said:

The moment I write this I am at 87th place, so now I am curious if really the new booster-situation will be the winning stroke that will cause my demotion after one month in Dicktator I.

And winning stroke it was. Last Thursday at 5:00 o'clock i got my first demotion since the League system was introduced in the game, Falling back to Sexpert III from Dicktator I. Can't deny it was a breath of fresh air, as after one and a half day I have still quite a number of beatable opponents, and up to now I have found only a half dozen of whales in my new league. The moment I write this I am 4th in list, so up to now events seem to go in the direction of a future back and forth from Sexpert III to Dicktator I and vice versa (at least until in a distant future I will be able to upgrade my stats). The unknown, as usual, will be the impact of tankers and whales.

• Like 1

I got a disappointing 61st place finish last week.  Used up most of my epic boosters the week before and arena is slower than molasses in Antarctica replacing them.  May very well be looking at going back to S3 next week if no major improvement this week.  

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.  Sigh.

With only 3 legendary gear i dont think im ready for D1 just yet so i tanked on the last day of last week (was 11th) and guess where i ended..... yep 17th again, 4 weeks out of the last 5 (other week was 16th)

I wanted to finish 16-30 last week, so I didn't care about a couple of losses early on... problem was that it basically were too many of them, combined with missing out some combativity. In the end I managed to finish in the desired places, but only just at place 29.

This week the goal is the same.
I have no intention on ending up in that D3 195 player league.

• Haha 1

In a league with 103 people(me included) max points I can reach is 918 right? I hate math but I think it is 102x3x3? If 918 is max I'll be able to be first again in my D1 league if I use some boosters and some refills.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I’d like to double confirm what I synthesized from the posts. Would be glad if someone can tell me whether I got it right.

(1) You and your opponents’ stats in league ‘home screen’ only represent a snapshot that update at several hour intervals

(2) The ‘battlescreen’ (after you press challenge and before you press perform) represent the latest, real-time info

(3) What determines the battle outcome depend on the stats shown in (2) and not (1)

11 minutes ago, Hvjkzv said:

In a league with 103 people(me included) max points I can reach is 918 right? I hate math but I think it is 102x3x3? If 918 is max I'll be able to be first again in my D1 league if I use some boosters and some refills.

Mathematically yes, althought I’m not a very experienced player so I can’t say for sure.

1 hour ago, dummyhunter said:

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I’d like to double confirm what I synthesized from the posts. Would be glad if someone can tell me whether I got it right.

(1) You and your opponents’ stats in league ‘home screen’ only represent a snapshot that update at several hour intervals

(2) The ‘battlescreen’ (after you press challenge and before you press perform) represent the latest, real-time info

(3) What determines the battle outcome depend on the stats shown in (2) and not (1)

1) yes
2) no, it is the same data (just more detailed)
3) that data is the same, so that's the only data available to use.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

1) yes
2) no, it is the same data (just more detailed)
3) that data is the same, so that's the only data available to use.

Thanks! so what you were discussing was that the opponents and yourselves have stronger and weaker moments depending on a snapshot taken 0-6 hours ago. 

What to make of braumll's and shal's posts though? that certain players' data update less frequent than the others?

2 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

Thanks! so what you were discussing was that the opponents and yourselves have stronger and weaker moments depending on a snapshot taken 0-6 hours ago.

What to make of braumll's and shal's posts though? that certain players' data update less frequent than the others?

Potentially a bug, or a flaw in the data reader.