How you doing in the "League"

casey

37 minutes ago, Салерион said:

Dark Lord explains about harmony and how it works. And yes, there is the term "crit", which can be misleading. But in fact, "crit" is an additional damage. And about the additional damage from the coincidence of poses tells Bunny in the instructions for the arena, if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately, the instructions for the arena, I did not find how to re-read.

Dark Lord is to be beaten, not to be listened ;) 

I might be wrong here but I think the community had already agreed on the term <<to crit>> to actually mean to activate one of the three class-based harmony effects, no?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DHarry said:

Sorry for the confusion, but I have always considered the abilities to be crits based of what it was before, wild burst for anyone. But if you now have the champions and their extra damage from their favorite positions that would be confusing. Abilities it is. 

So, that out of the way, it is really staggering how long you can go on without using an ability once, even with very high harmony. Just now for the 10th time or something, against Visor. I have 40, Any has 10 harmony. She used heal in turn one, I don't use a single ability for 7 fights straight. Added that 3 out of 5 is her favorite position and she keeps critting, after 7 fights I'm dead.

Now one can always hide behind bad luck for a while, but how many times does this need to happen before one can accept it is broken and not working as it should? 

I got the feeling that the harmony on champions is just a fabricated number. If you have 45% or 48% it gives you a lot of specials. If you are at 42% it gives average amounts of specials. And at 40% or below you hardly do any special move. At least, that's the case for me. The numbers seem off.

To get back to topic; 2nd for me this week 😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sev said:

I might be wrong here but I think the community had already agreed on the term <<to crit>> to actually mean to activate one of the three class-based harmony effects, no?

Is that in this particular individual community. Maybe.
Good. If the community is accustomed to triggering the ability to call "crit." So how do you call hit with double damage then?

40 minutes ago, Салерион said:

Is that in this particular individual community. Maybe.
Good. If the community is accustomed to triggering the ability to call "crit." So how do you call hit with double damage then?

I guess it wasn't ever meant for champions 

Again. Double damage hit present in game a long time before champions coming. When a player first goes to the arena - they tell him about it. The fact that no one reads this dialogue and 99% of the players did not even know about double damage before the introduction of champions does not mean that it was not there.

So. The author of the dialogues for Dark Lord, without thinking it over, wrote "crit" in the context of triggering harmony and activating ability. The community of players (like any society, 80+% consisting of idiots) picked up. "Aha! Ability worked - it means CRIT!"
Excuse me ... "CRIT" (critical) of what? There is an action that damages the opponent's ego. And there is an action that causes CRITICAL damage to the opponent's ego. This can be called "crit", even more, it will be correct to call it that way.
And what exactly is the CRITICAL community accustomed to call "crit" in your opinion?

The dialogue is increasingly slipping into off-topic 8-(((

So I will add on the topic and in the course of yesterday’s conversation with another interlocutor: right now I am stably holding 3-4 places in my league. But looking at the points and on the remaining unbroken opponents and on the stats of those who are just below me on points in the list ... Probably this week I will end up at 7-8 places ... Because tomorrow night, as usual, someone it will fill up battles for gold.

Yes, but that is exactly what it was. Before all classes had 1 “ability”. Namely, wild burst. That was by all means “critical damage”. So the term stuck after the changes. As I said, I can see this being confusing for newer players who didn't know that and now are seeing champions with double damage positions. I don't think our definition of what crit is differs, just things developed a bit oddly here. 

2 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I got the feeling that the harmony on champions is just a fabricated number. If you have 45% or 48% it gives you a lot of specials. If you are at 42% it gives average amounts of specials. And at 40% or below you hardly do any special move. At least, that's the case for me. The numbers seem off.

To get back to topic; 2nd for me this week 😄

Yeah, this is probably it. Though sometimes on 32 I have more abilities work. Maybe 40 is a dead zone. But yeah, topic. 😬

Still didn't catch Spheedy off guard. 2nd is good. 👍🏻 

Edited by DHarry
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chthugha said:

My battles against Ryu today, with 38% luck rate: 7 battles, 130 rounds total, 52 crits => 40%. Seems perfectly fine to me.

The low for an individual battle was 29% (5 in 17), the high was 52% (13 in 25).

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

My battles against Ryu today, with 38% luck rate: 7 battles, 130 rounds total, 52 crits => 40%. Seems perfectly fine to me.

The low for an individual battle was 29% (5 in 17), the high was 52% (13 in 25).

On long battles it works fine, it doesn't work fine on short battles.
I'm getting a lot of no special battles against Alban, or at most 2, which against him equals to at most 20%.
I'm going to monitor it.
Alban kills me in about 9 rounds, so at 40%, I should get around 4 specials on average.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

On long battles it works fine, it doesn't work fine on short battles.
I'm getting a lot of no special battles against Alban, or at most 2, which against him equals to at most 20%.
I'm going to monitor it.
Alban kills me in about 9 rounds, so at 40%, I should get around 4 specials on average.

I'd hardly say that 14-20 rounds constitute long battles, and that's what my aforementioned run against Ryu consisted of, excepting one outlier of 25 rounds.

In any case, I'm getting plenty of crit hits in the first 10 rounds.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Wow, I must've jinxed it last week when I said that the previous Season was actually quite challenging. It was fast, fun and gave Me a reason to stay on My toes as the competition was fierce. 😄 This week however was the complete opposite. It was so ridiculously slow to the point where I actually had to stop Fighting on Tuesday (normally it's Wednesday) just to allow everyone to catch up. 😲 And boy was there a lot of ground for them to cover! Keeping in mind, I just play normally and usually have to limit My Battles to sit in 16 - 30th place, so I don't use refills. Yet the "competition" was still miles behind lol. 😂 I'm interested to see how this Season will play out. Hot or Not? 🔥

20190725_110746.jpg.b930c4d9af28861180957a41551b46bd.jpg

• Like 2

I finished 3rd in D3, an excellent position.

this week the first position i taken by joe, a level 365 player, a surprise considering Max Fart (392) is in the bracket and he is always max boosted.

So the way for me is starting slow and see how things are on the last days to see if I do some refills to secure a top 4 place or going slow to the end for top 15.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jelom said:

this week the first position i taken by joe, a level 365 player, a surprise considering Max Fart (392) is in the bracket and he is always max boosted.

So the way for me is starting slow and see how things are on the last days to see if I do some refills to secure a top 4 place or going slow to the end for top 15.

Don't mess with the French mod.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, jelom said:

I'm a 366 player and no way I could beat Max Fart boosted. So kudos. 

I finished 6th in D3. Again, no top 4 finish. Doesn't look much easier now as it all starts to squeeze in closer lvl wise. The opposition is more widespread and tactics are more luck based than before it seems. We'll see. One day I'll get my top 4 finish. Ar least I manage to finish top 10 easily for weeks in a row. That's something I guess.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DHarry said:

I'm a 366 player and no way I could beat Max Fart boosted. So kudos. 

Well, joe somehow did it, perhaps some luck with crits. By the way, Max Fart unboosted for some hours and I have been able to get three victories from him, but he is now boosted again. I could probably beat him if I am max boosted, but I prefer to spare my best boosters if posible.

image.png.df24367e12f61d15e21b19d0708f751f.pngimage.png.78a1edff1ca619e77e0a98a986e64a4f.png

2 hours ago, DHarry said:

One day I'll get my top 4 finish.

I am sure of that, time works in your favor, diluting best players in more brackets every week. 👍

• Like 1

As I thought, my last week 60th place was quite lucky (although I continue to consider it quite a good result, given my lack of legendary girls and, I forgot, the fact I'm not in a club). My second Dicktator II saw me at a final 68th place, and I think that I was lucky to get some rewards. My new Dicktator II league turn seems more or less the same as the previous, with me having already fought near all the "surely beatable players" and almost ready to begin the fall from the 7th (while I write this) place I am actually. All in all, the stats I reached after upgrading up to level 350 in the market and the first stages of the champions, probably put me in a position to compete for the lower ranks of Dicktator II.

Well D3 was boring. Things did not change from my post on about day 4. 13 zeros, 39, 42 (me) and another 42 that would not demote. And that is how we finished.

42 points hurt. Even in my unboosted state I had to let a handful of wins go to waste. In my previous visit to D3 I demoted with 150-200.

Good discipline by the demotees but the next group up gave us no headroom.

13 hours ago, [CNO] BananaJoy said:

oh that is a real disadvantage. the club stats r important for pvp. dont u care or just didnt find a good one?

No, the point it's not that I don't care. Simply, as you may already know by having read this in my posts in other threads, I am a fully free player that actually plays the game like the kobans does not exists (apart the usual gathering operations), meaning that in a club I would contribute only up to level 10. Moreover, in this stage of my life, I already need some effort to follow the forum (obviously apart from playing the game), and I wouldn't be able to consistently be present in a club chat. 

As far as I have seen in the forum, even if in different measure, both of these facts hinder me from the perspective of joining a club, also given that, as I imagine you can well understand, it would be quite stupid to enter a club just to be thrown out shortly afterwards (besides the fact of get a bad reputation this way). This is the main reason why after seeing the "advertised" clubs on the forum, I did not spend my time looking for one, assuming that more or less they were almost all along the same lines.

It's been a while that, to get around this problem, I play with the idea of spending my first kobans since I started playing to found a club with rules "outside the box" compared to what we have seen so far on forum. The obvious problem is that I have serious doubts about whether someone else would register, and so far this has kept me from following this idea.

11 hours ago, Observer_X said:

No, the point it's not that I don't care. Simply, as you may already know by having read this in my posts in other threads, I am a fully free player that actually plays the game like the kobans does not exists (apart the usual gathering operations), meaning that in a club I would contribute only up to level 10. Moreover, in this stage of my life, I already need some effort to follow the forum (obviously apart from playing the game), and I wouldn't be able to consistently be present in a club chat. 

As far as I have seen in the forum, even if in different measure, both of these facts hinder me from the perspective of joining a club, also given that, as I imagine you can well understand, it would be quite stupid to enter a club just to be thrown out shortly afterwards (besides the fact of get a bad reputation this way). This is the main reason why after seeing the "advertised" clubs on the forum, I did not spend my time looking for one, assuming that more or less they were almost all along the same lines.

It's been a while that, to get around this problem, I play with the idea of spending my first kobans since I started playing to found a club with rules "outside the box" compared to what we have seen so far on forum. The obvious problem is that I have serious doubts about whether someone else would register, and so far this has kept me from following this idea.

join a club which r already fully upgraded, then this is no issue ^^