How you doing in the "League"

casey

All these wins in D3 only by high-leveled players9_99_9 is further advertisement for the idea that in the present system newer players will never be able to catch up to them.:(

This in-turn further supports those players who recommended keeping the upper-ceiling for max level for a few (or several) months longer.:$

14 hours ago, linkdream said:

I fell asleep but I also blame that dreadful new league design for my poor D2 ranking result this week.

You may have hit an unexplored point. After reviewing my last results in the league, I'm beginning to suspect that the new design has been so out of hand for some players to make them lose tokens, with the result that PC players like me are in positions higher than usual. That would also mean that tanking players would need to lose more token than usual (and thus experience) to avoid promotion.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 4:46 AM, Observer_X said:

You may have hit an unexplored point. After reviewing my last results in the league, I'm beginning to suspect that the new design has been so out of hand for some players to make them lose tokens, with the result that PC players like me are in positions higher than usual. That would also mean that tanking players would need to lose more token than usual (and thus experience) to avoid promotion.

I'm starting to get used to it but I'm definitely making more mistakes now because of how bad the new graphics are. I need to spend way more time if I don't want to make mistakes but sometimes I can't afford to.

For the first time this week, I find myself in this interesting but delicate situation:

1325319529_HHLeagueStory04A.png.a841326398a3cfb1d06b7ce374d1fbe7.png

To say that this week's S2 league has been easier for me than the previous two would be an understatement, and that's great. However, I'd rather not jump up to S3 just yet. I suspect I'd be strongly outmatched there at the moment, and I'd rather stay in S2 a bit longer if I can reap the tier 3 rewards relatively easy. I'm new to the balancing act of staying just ahead enough, though. I don't want to promote, but I certainly don't want to fall out of the 16-30 group either (scores are very close: #15 has barely 17 points on me, and #30 is about 500 points behind me). I'll do my best to stay on target!

500 points of maneuvering space to 30th place sounds easy to handle, after all that's at least 20 tokens (= almost 12 hours) worth of points. People aren't going to randomly jump up the standings like that. (Okay, a few might via refills, but not everybody ranked 16-30.) In the higher league divisions, the difference between 16 and 31 can often be 200 points or less, that's where it gets tricky.

• Thanks 1

finished first in my d1 with 7353 points and 1 loss; 2nd had 7137 points. There were around 30 players with a higher lvl and some with better stats (obviously).

Now facing a d2 were I also could have a shot of very good ranking, hoping the best since I am probably not going to demote this season

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, DvDivXXX said:

I don't want to promote, but I certainly don't want to fall out of the 16-30 group either

I ended up at #20, without much effort needed. On to another week of S2 for me, hopefully as easy or perhaps even better than this one (we'll see about considering S3 along the way). I'm glad.

• Like 1

Successfully demoted back to D2 with a decent enough haul of XP (just over 30k, on just under 2,000 points). Early surveying of my new bracket doesn't make me too hopeful that I'll be able to duplicate my winning feat from two seasons ago. I'll check back in 12 hours and if things look to develop as I fear they will, I'll probably aim for 16th this week.

• Like 1

As anticipated in the previous post, I was second this week, with 6941points, 39 less than E.N.D. and with a substantial distance to the third.

My new bracket looks more promising for me this week, but I should wait to see how the rest of the top players performs in the next days.

I ended up winning my D3 league even with an average score of 22.31 per fight. I guess it was because more people than usual were constantly boosted.
I was for the first time tied for the highest leveled player together with my club members ChocoBN and Nishebro. 

This week however I'm the 5th highest leveled player in my league. I'm aiming for a top 4 spot.

• Like 2

Last week was horrid. I made many stupid errors. My soundtrack for the week was Yakety Sax.

Despite girl selection errors, missing free fights, pachinko errors, gear errors, and equipping green when I intended/needed orange boosters (doh!) I still managed to finish 26th in my D3.

Due to lingering effects of my errors I will not be able to use my usual strategy so I am going to try a cheapo assault on 5-15th this week.

• Like 3

congrats  @[CNO] TK  on your victory .......Trump predicted that Americans would win so much that they would get tired of it.........are you getting  tired

of winning D3 leagues yet?:D

I personally got a bad result by finishing 5thO.o

But my decision to switch to being a kh player from hc appears to be the right move............2 seasons ago as a hc player i earned 6400 points in 104 player

league going undefeated..................last season as  a kh player i was also undefeated and earned 6622 points in a 104 player league

Now i understand that not all leagues have the same strength of players in them, but it looks promising (got to get me one of  those purple mono kh equipment9_9 )

• casey
  • Members
  • of 400
  • 893 posts
  • Thanks 1

After having ended again in the 16-30 tier, my new Dicktator II started quite bad, due to me falling asleep and waking after 6:00am Thursday morning, and losing two more tokens for oversleeping yesterday. The average difficulty of my new league seems more or less the same, but with the lost tokens now I am bound to run for my points, and I am not sure that I will be able to end again in the 16-30 reward tier.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:32 AM, _shal_ said:

Successfully demoted back to D2 with a decent enough haul of XP (just over 30k, on just under 2,000 points). Early surveying of my new bracket doesn't make me too hopeful that I'll be able to duplicate my winning feat from two seasons ago. I'll check back in 12 hours and if things look to develop as I fear they will, I'll probably aim for 16th this week.

Turns out that it was winnable after all:

image.png.6fe834e3b7a9fcb22907b857d3744987.png

The only real danger was the guy who finished 2nd. KH player in a half-decent club, so his boosted stats were quite a bit better than mine. Luckily he only started to boost consistently from Sunday onwards, at which point he'd certainly missed too many points already. The #5 finisher was also a high-level KH player, but with no club membership at all, so his stats with boosters (which he had most of the time) were actually worse than mine despite the almost 30 level difference. (For completeness: #3 HC, #4 Ch.)

Really huge gap behind the top 5 there. The low-level player who ended up 7th was already finished after less than 3 days (and I hope he enjoys the expensive trip to D3), the even lower levelled #6 guy was done on Day 5, IIRC.

Anyway, looks like I just might be able to count on regular D2 wins going forward...

• Like 1

Cheapo assault was cheap.

In D3 the difference in rewards for 5-15 vs 16-30 is enough to buy you 4-5 days of orange boosters.

I normally need 1-2 days of orange to make 16-30.

This week I used 4 days of orange and juuuuuuust sneaked into 15th place by 20 pts.

That was too close. It cost me about 800 extra kobans and only netted me a 300 koban profit and I was 20 pts away from a 800 koban loss.

Next week back to 16-30.

• Like 1