How you doing in the "League"

casey

That was easy this week.

image.png.ded684359cf28ca1fdbe16f6c449d9ca.png

The 7th place was the highest level in the league and KH, but without a club, so he never stood a chance. #3 was the second-highest and also KH, but didn't boost a whole lot. The second-place finisher (also KH naturally) actually rushed during the first 24 hours...you can probably tell that it was a pretty soft competition given that nobody outside of me managed to top his score with proper play. Very weak bracket overall, too, as reflected in the high scores - no top 4's with 6300-odd points here unlike my last few D2 appearances.

My real score would have even been 65-70 points higher; one player in my league got banned, unfortunately before I had fought him, so I ended up three battles short of the full slate. Second time already! (Also happened only 6 weeks ago in another D2, luckily without preventing my victory there either.)

Tanking time in D3 this coming week, of course.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 5

This week I could manage only to get second after BenBrazke (congrats for the win). I made 6919 points (22,83 average), but was beated by his 7011 points.

It Is curious that the three best averages I have obtained since the point system was established have ended in second places, and I have got five victories in league with lower averages. So in short, you need about 22,5 points/battle as a minimum to win, but can be over 23 to secure a first place.

This week I have no excuses as I am the top player in my league and I expect to win. Let's see in 7 days. 

• Like 4

I ended up with an overall weak bracket and managed go get 23.09 in average score. So yeah I won again this week 😄 I had 200+ points down to 2nd place last I checked (3 hours before league reset), which was Chthugha. This week however I am with TK.. I have already given up all hope on a win. XD

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 3

I suppose the previous week was just a particularly weak league for me. This week, I didn't struggle to avoid promoting at all, I played from behind until the last day actually. I still managed to climb to #18 in the end, with just a couple of days of boosters, so that was good. And this new league seems similar. So I think I'll stay in S3 for a bit. I'm not in a rush, and being the lowest level player in a league isn't fun, so D1 will have to wait for me. ^^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slynia said:

I ended up with an overall weak bracket and managed go get 23.09 in average score. So yeah I won again this week 😄 I had 200+ points down to 2nd place last I checked (3 hours before league reset), which was Chthugha. This week however I am with TK.. I have already given up all hope on a win. XD

I finished 3rd. No idea who was 2nd though. But it was a weak league indeed, if I can finish top 4 with my charm account 😂

• Like 4

Didn't go all out last season............i don't know why.............ended up in 3rd place, which was good..........i couldn't of beaten the top player as he was 140 points better than me

anyway.

This season, i'm in the same league as Chthugha and i'm experimenting with a different booster strategy i'm on the fence if i'm going to go hard or not .............

after all it is expensive in regards to using strong boosters and  there are 6 players (including myself) @ level 397 or higher

• Like 2

Last season I had to try really hard not to get promoted; since I didn't see a good chance of getting in the Top 4, I decided to wait a bit longer. It seems things are going according to my initial strategy of going for D3 towards the end of the year. As a charm player, I'm aware I'll have to improve my stats and get a good amount of legendary boosters; in both cases, it means spending quite a few kobans, but I expect it to pay off. In any case, as always, the goal is having fun. Seeya! :)

• Like 3

Situation is still stable in Dicktator II, with a 18th place in the last one. The new one seems quite animated, with a lot of boostered people and the first (as far as I remember) player over level 400 in a Dicktator II league (at least one where I am in). Up to now no one rushed (at least not to the end), but while I write this I am 14th with 651 points while the 1st has 977, 50% more in less than 15 ranks, which makes me consider this league as a lot harder fought than those of the past few weeks. I am curious to see if time will disprove this initial appearance.

• Like 3

@casey said in reply to a comment I made about yoyoing between D3 and D2 to pick up 2-4 in D2 (I moved this here because this seems the more appropriate thread):

Source <<I think if a player's level is among the top 2% of all active players then his / her team must compete @ the D3 league  level...........just to be fair to the lower level teams. if that player finishes in the bottom 15% after the completion of the season he does not demote and stays @ the D3 league level.>>

I would counter with the argument that the top x% of the active players should get the top x% most lucrative places regardless of the label attached to the league the place is found in.

Once you get to 16-30 in D3 advancement flatlines. All of 5-30 net pays about the same. Only the top 200 players can compete for 1-4 and they are un-catchable. (There are about 100 1-4 places in the game.) I am not whining. That is just the way the end-game is. The end game is MUCH better now than it was 1 yr ago.

As I have opined elsewhere the 1-4 rewards in both D2 and D3 are too juicy and should be nerfed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, snowman22 said:

@casey said in reply to a comment I made about yoyoing between D3 and D2 to pick up 2-4 in D2 (I moved this here because this seems the more appropriate thread):

Source <<I think if a player's level is among the top 2% of all active players then his / her team must compete @ the D3 league  level...........just to be fair to the lower level teams. if that player finishes in the bottom 15% after the completion of the season he does not demote and stays @ the D3 league level.>>

I would counter with the argument that the top x% of the active players should get the top x% most lucrative places regardless of the label attached to the league the place is found in.

Once you get to 16-30 in D3 advancement flatlines. All of 5-30 net pays about the same. Only the top 200 players can compete for 1-4 and they are un-catchable. (There are about 100 1-4 places in the game.) I am not whining. That is just the way the end-game is. The end game is MUCH better now than it was 1 yr ago.

As I have opined elsewhere the 1-4 rewards in both D2 and D3 are too juicy and should be nerfed.

The only thing that keeps me going is the 'gold" at the end of the rainbow, which is winning a league .............the story line has become to paint by numbers for my liking and

the affection scenes with their  overemphasis on anal sex is not my cup of tea.............. i also think with the availability of purple boosters  has this opened up the possibility of lower

level players (level 385+) to finishing in the top 4 places ............players can also alter their style of play so that they level up quicker..............lastly success is tied to financial 

commitment ( the rich get richer) expenditures can enhance a player's ability to compete. ............. if your a free player than you just need to understand that this is the way it is

• Like 3

I'm in a much tougher league this week, so even top 15 will be a battle. Still, I'm confident I can. I managed a fantastic 3rd in a D3 once. That was great. Nerfing is a bad idea. Just sweeten the deal for the whole of the top 50/60 of D3 by doubling the prizes. Sure that nobody will purposefully demote again if 2x p40 or something nets the same kobans as 1x p2-4. 

I mean, sure someone can do the math better than I quickly did, but if you have a reason/reward to remain in the highest tier at all costs, that problem will go away. And how is it unfair for lvl 300-350 that they can't win D2 because of lvl 380is players demoting and going for that? Isn't that just as 'unfair' as those lvl 380ish lvl players in D3, where the same people over 400 take all the loot? 

• Like 1

I decided to try for 1st in D2. I was 300 pts back but I suspect the leader had done some refills to get that lead and I had front ended my toughest fights and had accumulated a few missed tokens I could buy back if needed.

I boosted the most I ever have. 3 x orange + 1 purple cordy.

I am currently sitting 43 points back of 1st and the last change I saw in the leader was only +18 so either a single poor fight or 3 bad losses.

No way to tell. If they have 10 banked tokens and all winnable remaining fights I am too late. If they have no banked tokens but they can do 23+ pts/fight I am too late. Exciting. I need a cookie.

21 minutes ago, Fiel said:

I'm not even sure if I can get 4th place this week.

I landed in a group of death, there are 5 other players higher level than me.

higher level doesn't necessarily mean stronger player, don't sell yourself short

• Like 3

6 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I decided to try for 1st in D2. I was 300 pts back but I suspect the leader had done some refills to get that lead and I had front ended my toughest fights and had accumulated a few missed tokens I could buy back if needed.

I boosted the most I ever have. 3 x orange + 1 purple cordy.

once you get to around level 380..............you got to go big or go home with boosters 4 PURPLES

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JamesFrancoPhD said:

Back-to-Back. 😊

Just took a scan over my bracket this week. Doubtful for the threepeat. Saw at least 2-3 level 400+ HC's that I'll score low against.

Congrats. And I wouldn't worry too much about HC players. KH's skill is WAY stronger in the league, so unless they have like 10 levels against you should be fine.

13 minutes ago, JamesFrancoPhD said:

Back-to-Back. 😊

Just took a scan over my bracket this week. Doubtful for the threepeat. Saw at least 2-3 level 400+ HC's that I'll score low against.

repeat.png

Your out of the loop..........there is a new sheriff in town and he is a KH PLAYER

4 hours ago, casey said:

once you get to around level 380..............you got to go big or go home with boosters 4 PURPLES

They keep moving the goalposts on me. By the time I get to 380 (Just made L370!) 6 x 4 x purple will no longer do it. The log jam at the top of D1 continues to grow.

My trip to D2 was very successful. I thought I had dithered too much and left my decision to try for 1st too late but I ended up 1st by a good 300 pts. About 6700. Turns out the leader had burned his doables early and done some refills so he tailed off badly and ended 3rd. The 50 combativity pts ended up getting me only 2 shards on Keiko <sad trombone>.

• Like 3

Bad demotion scores in my D3 bracket this past week.

image.png.8532864a9557ae836c03f1710eec5f5c.png

The highlighted player held the last non-demotion spot. And he inexplicably only jumped up into that on the final day - prior to that the bubble boy was Meliodas with his 582 points, which was a really depressingly low score. Still, less than 13k XP for the week.

No idea about my new D2 yet. I'm one of five players who have won there before, and not the strongest.

• Like 1