How you doing in the "League"

casey

hace 1 hora, Zteev dijo:

Can you tell me exactly what you mean by this? Do you mean the level of players one fights, or one's own level?

One of the club bonuses is XP gained. If you're in a club that's not maxed out, you get less XP.

EDIT: Ok, I now noticed my post lacked a very important word: club xD

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

One of the club bonuses is XP gained. If you're in a club that's not maxed out, you get less XP.

EDIT: Ok, I now noticed my post lacked a very important word: club xD

And I've been in a club for about 2 weeks, so I really wouldn't have noticed that word was missing.

So obviously there are a lot of different factors to be considered, there isnt one alone causing all this change in playing leagues or getting a good placement. What I am missing so far in this discussion is the fact, that most players, especially casual players, will have more money for their expense, especially for upgrading their stats. Since the average player isnt 380 or something like this but more like 410-420 and we now also have orbs for a significant amount of time in the game, there will be most likely more and more players with maxed stats (they didnt care too much about it, but since they now have upgraded all girls, what else should they do with the money?).

Another point could also be that since we got so many girls and events now we really need the kobans and honestly, to keep up, you have to place good in d3 regularly. Most people will also have been noticed that, at least for some weeks now and they probably adjusted to the KH-meta. Both took some time, like it always does, but even mythica or some other top tier players recently changed to KH (not sure what took them so long).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blaa said:

So obviously there are a lot of different factors to be considered, there isnt one alone causing all this change in playing leagues or getting a good placement. What I am missing so far in this discussion is the fact, that most players, especially casual players, will have more money for their expense, especially for upgrading their stats. Since the average player isnt 380 or something like this but more like 410-420 and we now also have orbs for a significant amount of time in the game, there will be most likely more and more players with maxed stats (they didnt care too much about it, but since they now have upgraded all girls, what else should they do with the money?).

Although at least in D3 on HH.com the vast majority of players had maxed out their market stats back in April already when I moved up from D2, so I feel that doesn't account for much of the difference in opponent quality that people are noticing in recent months. If there's an effect of more people finishing up their stats-buying, it might be more noticeable in D2.

Edited by _shal_

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Although at least in D3 on HH.com the vast majority of players had maxed out their market stats back in April already when I moved up from D2, so I feel that doesn't account for much of the difference in opponent quality that people are noticing in recent months. If there's an effect of more people finishing up their stats-buying, it might be more noticeable in D2.

fair enough, I am not long enough regularly in d3 to make a certain estimation about that; I only can tell two things: 1) a few month back there were many players in d2 without maxed stats, but since a) more high level player demoted and b) more time passed, there were fewer and fewer of them 2) i still find players who arent maxed out on stats in my d3, but most of them arent really competitive, usual a casual top45 player

And sure, it may not the main reason for a 'better' opponent quality, but like I said, if you take different reasons into account, then you have one player who gained quality because he raised his stats to max, finally, and you have another who recently switched to KH and some others who adapted their strategy or their play style to get some more points and maybe even a better placement. 

I, for instance, am one of the players who adapted his strategy (thanks to you) and even though I am not a regular top4 contendor, but I am pretty sure the few times (what actually is 2 times :D) I was in top4; number 5+6 were asking themself: what f*** just happend here? Where is this 30 level lower guy coming from and why is he stealing my top4 rewards.

But to contribute something else than some (more or less hidden and most likely not really appropriate) self-praise, I just have another question: When do you guys switch from 4 ginseng to 2/2? I usually can beat all players (unbossted of course) with 4 ginseng and 1-5 monos. In my simulation there is mostly not really a change in the points I should get fighting with 2/2 and 2 monos or 4 ginseng and 4 monos, but it feels different (like higher unboosted players give me more points with 2/2 than 4 ginseng + 4 mono). So far I am going mostly for 4 ginseng cause I like it more that most of the time I have to fight at least some players who are usually are clear 4 ginseng opponent.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, blaa said:

So obviously there are a lot of different factors to be considered, there isnt one alone causing all this change in playing leagues or getting a good placement.

it's simple math, since your power grown linear with the lvl (a lvl 200 getting 201 won the same points (power) with a 450 getting 451) while the point in league you can win is basicly a % power difference between you and your opponent so basicly a lvl 400 fighting a level 350 will get more point than a 450 fighting a 400. On the side the leveling system is asking more xp for each new level making 60 lvl difference requiring practically twice the xp amount to get one lvl.Since league represent around 50% of xp a player can win. even a player that don't do league with just daily mission and arena will catch up higher lvl player until he get 60 lvl behind. for exemple with my main on january it wasn't rare for me to get on league over 130-140 lvl more than the lower 5, now it's around 100-110. on the side step of that, the amount of d3 doesn't change anymore (or even may goes slightly down) so the grown of player is no more compensate with new braquet and fresh new player. Those change are more visible when you were on top lvl from the beginning than an average ranking like shal or my secondary

Edited by Sygfried94

hace 1 hora, blaa dijo:

And sure, it may not the main reason for a 'better' opponent quality, but like I said, if you take different reasons into account, then you have one player who gained quality because he raised his stats to max, finally, and you have another who recently switched to KH and some others who adapted their strategy or their play style to get some more points and maybe even a better placement. 

That brings more opponents who can win, but doesn't decrease the ammount of points you get in a season. In fact, a player switching from HC to KH means you will get more points when battling him (but he will get many more points by switching and maybe he will now surpass you).

hace 1 hora, blaa dijo:

But to contribute something else than some (more or less hidden and most likely not really appropriate) self-praise, I just have another question: When do you guys switch from 4 ginseng to 2/2? I usually can beat all players (unbossted of course) with 4 ginseng and 1-5 monos. In my simulation there is mostly not really a change in the points I should get fighting with 2/2 and 2 monos or 4 ginseng and 4 monos, but it feels different (like higher unboosted players give me more points with 2/2 than 4 ginseng + 4 mono). So far I am going mostly for 4 ginseng cause I like it more that most of the time I have to fight at least some players who are usually are clear 4 ginseng opponent.

I tend to use 2+2 at the start and end of a league (which end being the same 24 hour cycle if you think about it). I try to get top level AND lowest level players unboosted at the start and 2+2 give more points to me against them, and there are always some players I must fight boosted at the end, usually top level, so I need the extra punch, sometimes even to win.
The extra attack power against the lowest level players lets you finish them before their first orgasm, that can be huge.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Yop, D3, here I go again. I'll give it a proper try this time around. Can't be bothered to spend a whole week as NPC again just to go back to underperforming in D2. Let's see how it goes.

@DvDivXXX Can you do me a favour? Seems like you're going to participate in D3 this week. If it is still the case, could you count your victories and losses in the end of the league and, maybe, an average of XP you're getting for 1 single victory (a rough estimation would be enough, like, 265 or 270).

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@DvDivXXX Can you do me a favour? Seems like you're going to participate in D3 this week. If it is still the case, could you count your victories and losses in the end of the league and, maybe, an average of XP you're getting for 1 single victory (a rough estimation would be enough, like, 265 or 270).

Thanks.

Sure thing. I'm keeping tabs for myself anyway. This is a bit of an experiment for me, so I want to know the results. I'll share, no worries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I might need to take a stab at promoting back to D3 again now that I'm in a club. I need to work a better plan at D2 first, just unsure when I will have the time to do that level on planning from the get go.

I'm a casual top 30 (sometimes top 45) person, but the club boosts have made that much easier to get to top 30.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'd like to know something about the stat bug that I know has been around for a long time (but had not been a problem for me until this week).

When guys have their stats grossly buffed (from their opponents' perspective, I know the affected players themselves don't benefit from these fake stats when they attack), does it typically last for the entire week? Or is there a chance for it to stop at some point?

I have these two guys clearly affected in my current D3, and they've been that way since day 1:

1472329489_BuggedGod-TierStats01.png.7e9fd6de952aa631506c7256c4db7045.png

I'd like to make sure there's no hope in hell they'll revert back to normal stats before I use tokens for guaranteed defeats against them.

Could anyone please confirm either way? Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hey guys, I'd like to know something about the stat bug that I know has been around for a long time (but had not been a problem for me until this week).

When guys have their stats grossly buffed (from their opponents' perspective, I know the affected players themselves don't benefit from these fake stats when they attack), does it typically last for the entire week? Or is there a chance for it to stop at some point?

I have these two guys clearly affected in my current D3, and they've been that way since day 1:

1472329489_BuggedGod-TierStats01.png.7e9fd6de952aa631506c7256c4db7045.png

I'd like to make sure there's no hope in hell they'll revert back to normal stats before I use tokens for guaranteed defeats against them.

Could anyone please confirm either way? Thanks in advance.

Alone from this two screenshots you cant judge if there are bugged stats in play or not; first player may use 4-5 monos and 4 chlorellas; 2nd player probably uses 4 chlorellas but 5-6 rainbows. Interesting would be if there is a difference in stats between player profile and league profile and if the difference is not caused because he's currently unboosted.

As far as I know bugged stats can turn to normal (and return to bugged) but I havent met one player who's stats turned back. I am pretty sure you get another answer from someone who knows more about it than I do.

I am pretty sure, if you cant beat these two players with 4 cordy / 2 cordy/2 ginseng now, you wont beat them at all.

edit: that's me without boosters but 4 monos

image.png.0bbe903aeecd24eb8cbf6e4fd29392ba.png

if you do the chlorella math you will easily see that I get almost identical stats as the first player

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, blaa said:

As far as I know bugged stats can turn to normal (and return to bugged) but I havent met one player who's stats turned back. I am pretty sure you get another answer from someone who knows more about it than I do.

Thanks for this part. I'd still like confirmation from people like Shal, George or other stats-oriented veterans if possible.

As for the rest of your post, I think you've looked and/or spoken too quickly, here. Those players have absolutely impossible stats for their respective levels, and that's evident from the screenshot alone. I'm not even sure a level 460 can legitimately achieve 500+ Ego, let alone with no substantial trade-off in other stats (attack, defense, harmony). No configuration of boosters and/or top-tier equipment can explain these. It's the bug, very obviously. Also, I did check their profiles anyway; of course I did. And sure enough, they have extremely humble stats compared to the god-tier mess shown above.

Last but not least, you really should take a look at the whole picture (I mean this both literally and figuratively) before saying stuff like:

8 minutes ago, blaa said:

I am pretty sure, if you cant beat these two players with 4 cordy / 2 cordy/2 ginseng now, you wont beat them at all.

I've beaten higher level and better equipped players many times, including this week in the same league. These guys can be defeated even with those ridiculously bugged stats, but not by me at my current level, obviously. On the flipside, if the bug does go away and I get a chance to fight them with the stats shown on their profile, I would beat them 100%.

Thanks anyway. I realize you're trying to help and just missed a few points of my post, and I'm not trying to antagonize you either. I just wanted to clarify the issue so you (and other potentially inattentive readers) can understand it better. Cheers.

• Thinking 3

The first one has just minorly bugged stats, about 250 points in his main stat (can be well over 2000 in extreme cases) with a commensurate ego and attack bump, the second one doesn't appear to be bugged at all. It's just 4 legendary chlorellas for both.

• Thanks 3

@DvDivXXX, First one is most likely OK. You never know for sure but he's a very familiar face to me, I often get matched against this guy in the arena -- I know his stats quite well (well, at least his arena stats) and he's like one of those you'd suspect the last... I'm pretty sure he's OK 💪

EDIT:

@_shal_, hmm, so he is bugged a little in the end, not much but still... I'd never tell... never actually did any math on this guy... Anyway, thanks!

Edited by Sev
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

As for the rest of your post, I think you've looked and/or spoken too quickly, here. Those players have absolutely impossible stats for their respective levels, and that's evident from the screenshot alone. I'm not even sure a level 460 can legitimately achieve 500+ Ego, let alone with no substantial trade-off in other stats (attack, defense, harmony). No configuration of boosters and/or top-tier equipment can explain these. It's the bug, very obviously. Also, I did check their profiles anyway; of course I did. And sure enough, they have extremely humble stats compared to the god-tier mess shown above.

Last but not least, you really should take a look at the whole picture (I mean this both literally and figuratively) before saying stuff like:

I've beaten higher level and better equipped players many times, including this week in the same league. These guys can be defeated even with those ridiculously bugged stats, but not by me at my current level, obviously. On the flipside, if the bug does go away and I get a chance to fight them with the stats shown on their profile, I would beat them 100%.

Yeah, I know, since my English isnt the best, it's not always on point; but I am pretty sure that my analysis is very accurate: both are players who arent boosted (much) (like shal confirmed) and if you cant beat them now, you wont beat them at all, if they keep their boosters.

I would be interested in the fights you have won against clearly better equiped (and boosted) players. What was the difference?

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

Just for comparison to the second player, an old screenshot of my stats:

image.png.213483436f5c878781d3563394490ddc.pngimage.png.61bed757c6fb8c38325656303f6bd3a1.png 

343k + 4 legendary chlorellas => 480k

10 levels = 90 base points + 300 main stat purchases, and probably about 75 main stat points per rainbow item if of similar age. Add 10% club boost and it's approximately the 1,000 points of main stat difference between the two setups.

• Thanks 1

Yeah their stats don't look bugged at all. I know a lot of people tend to look at an opponent's EGO only and judge that it's "too" high, and not taking into account their other stats, my thumb rule is to look and compare their endurance stat with the one on their profile, as it's the easiest for me to see if they indeed have bugged stats or not. unknown.png.90282f7f18527f2b9bcc16e8a3122b6b.png  
Here are my current stats when I'm unboosted (I have full multi stat equipment here), if I were to use 4 chlorella boosters I would have >562,000 EGO. This is way higher than their EGO, as it should be ^^

Now, to answer your question @DvDivXXX about opponents dropping their bugged stats, I can tell that I have never experienced anyone getting rid of or "losing" their bugged stats, as anony76 and GetOverHere (2 players I have been facing in the Arena since the bug first surfaced) have since the bug's "release" always had bugged stats. I can't speak for every bugged player, but my guess is that it's there to stay, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the additional info and insights, much appreciated. I guess I need to adjust my guesses on 400+ level players' expected stats in D3 compared to those I'm used to face in D2, or at least some of them. I don't just look at Ego, that's the thing. As I was telling @blaa earlier on, to me those two players looked suspicious because their Ego is outrageously high and their other stats didn't seem that low in comparison. I'm not used to players with 20k in defense and 60k in attack without boost... Even 400+ players. I suppose I've been facing lots of 400+ players who still haven't maxed out their market stats, then.

And well, this week has been a huge experiment for me so far, trying out many different combinations of equipment and boosters, and finding out sometimes unexpected or even counter-intuitive results. There are opponents I can only beat by brute force with 4 monos and 4 cordys, all-in on the attack, others that I can only beat with a strong defense instead, and then there are those I can't beat at all. It can also change for the same player from one stat snapshot to the next, depending on how their own set-up changes, or if I level up myself, which happened during this league and should happen again tomorrow. There are a few opponents I'm very close to being able to beat, but not just yet, and I'm saving them for after my next level-up. It's very interesting and challenging, and still a lot to take in at once.

In any case, I'm bleeding kobans out of my ears this way, and even if I end up in top 30 (which is certainly not guaranteed) it will still be a net koban loss, but definitely a big XP boost and a lot more fun than routinely underperforming to stay in top 30 in D2. I'll have a better overall picture after the next league reset, though (and I'll post my results then, friend with the un-typable Russian name ^^).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1