How you doing in the "League"

casey

No problems this week to get the first position. I did 6962 points (22,98 avg), isi was second at a safe distance, Matt and qwar13 completed the top positions.

image.png.a1cdbbb9a8188c03536f386aa7489e0b.png

for the next week: Alucard 455 KH has 18 victories in D3, ghOst1975 441 KH 8 wins,  barbenoire 441 KH 3 wins, Rikko 440 KH 5 wins, Zelazny 436 KH 3 wins,

Edited by jelom
  • Like 9

WTF guys, I was just playing along, minding my own business, then the universe does this to me. <Checks weather report for unexpected cold fronts in hell.> I am not psychologically prepared. This is not supposed to happen.

This has got to be one of the lowest scoring D3 wins in recent times.

Now when people check my profile they are going to think I am a contender or some kind of @_shal_ wanna be.

I've peaked.

image.png.f82f09c53d603a5e259b84e44ed38a1a.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 7/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, _shal_ said:

Like last week, a D3 with 102 players for me.

[CNO] Aris619      KH 445   21 wins
Kururu             Ch 438    3rd place x1
Kenrae             KH 434    2nd place x4
Bayushi            KH 432    4th place x1 (edit: actually, 1 win)
bossy1974          KH 430    3rd place x1
Nyan               KH 429    8th place x1
Hurgo              HC 428   10th place x1
coolbiker          Ch 425   26th place x1
Megatron           KH 425    3rd place x1
El fornicator      KH 423    1st place x1
Tib                HC 421    4th place x3
gocouille          KH 420    3rd place x2
Merklich           KH 408    2nd place x1

Might be doable for a top 4.

And it was.

image.png.03efb02f7779f6c7dc820e5387fdf577.png

5th time in 2nd place. Not such great scores all around this week, including my 22.17 and the winner's 22.67 - there were a small handful of really screwed up squads, but the rest of the field was quite strong top to bottom and I didn't see many opponents where my expected base score (without points from crit luck) was higher than 21.

Or more specifically, the bracket felt like it was mostly composed of players who are a bit above average by D3 standards. I ended up using 4x Legendary Ginseng four times rather than my usual three times during the week (and 2 Gin / 2 Cor once as usual, but 4x Cordyceps not all), as there just weren't many people for whom I needed an offensive boost for optimal points due to them being either very strong or very weak.

Anyway, big gaps both to 1st place as well as to 5th, which is always a bit annoying since it means there wasn't really much of a need to strategize so much. The best HC player was Tib with his distant 5th place, the best Charm score was posted by Kururu in 9th (though I believe he didn't boost at all). All KH otherwise in the top 9.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 10

My PC crushed 10 minutes before league reset and I had 15 fights left. I couldnt finish all of them (6 were left) and also couldnt take a screenshot, which would have been quiet interessting, I guess. Anyways finsihed 7th place in my d3 which could have been 5th with the remaining 6 fights but top4 wasnt doable. Ares (434 KH player, if my memory doesnt fail me) took 3rd place 2 minutes before league ending which was a relief because my missing 6 fights dont mean anything regarding rewards since top4 wasnt doable anymore.

Probably @Darsca finished the league in first place before deeptra (who had the exact amount of points 6981 like last season (where I also had him in league)). But there could be some last minute changes, but I dont think so.

I did play again with only legendary boosters. I was pretty sure, I could stay in top15 with 1-3 sets less (just epic) but I just wanted to test some things and see what results are realistic in this kind of league setting. I really like staying in d3, it's just more structured - not much refills, good experience, etc. pp. What also makes me wonder, why a lot of people still using HC there (and obviously going for a win); even 40-50 level ahead and (almost) perma boosted players cant beat a low level KH player like me. That's just unreasonable (regarding balance and still using this class for league)

My new league looks promising. I am again with JT (551, KH) in league, but as he wasnt really playing for a win last week, maybe I get lucky and he wont this week either. There are many KH players but only 2 or 3 with d3 victories (have to check them again when I am at home). My plan is to play for a top4 but if it seems not doable to switch to epic boosters a few days this time.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by blaa
  • Like 8

This will probably be my most boring report so far in this thread.
I wasn't here during the reset (so no screenshot this week either) but I last checked 2 hours before it (I was at this point done with all my fights) I was first place at the time (and ended up first in the end as well), and Vampi + ArikTyrannis who I thought was gonna fight for the 2nd place, was in 3rd and 4th place, below a level 427 KH player who I, unfortunately, forgot the name of. Sorry for this bad report, I will try and do better 😅

For the sake of trying to do a better report: I used a combination of legendary Chlorella boosters this week (as I was in one of the weakest brackets ever and saw a chance to use them), so I used a combination of 1 chlorella, 2 ginseng, and 1 cordyceps, also 2 chlorella + 2 cordyceps, and lastly 1 chlorella, 1 ginseng, and 2 cordyceps. I dare say that after my testing, that if ginseng and cordyceps are S tier boosters, then chlorella is A tier (not that much behind at all), and obviously jujubes are still F tier 😂

• Like 5

hace 3 horas, _shal_ dijo:

And it was.

image.png.03efb02f7779f6c7dc820e5387fdf577.png

5th time in 2nd place. Not such great scores all around this week, including my 22.17 and the winner's 22.67 - there were a small handful of really screwed up squads, but the rest of the field was quite strong top to bottom and I didn't see many opponents where my expected base score (without points from crit luck) was higher than 21.

Or more specifically, the bracket felt like it was mostly composed of players who are a bit above average by D3 standards. I ended up using 4x Legendary Ginseng four times rather than my usual three times during the week (and 2 Gin / 2 Cor once as usual, but 4x Cordyceps not all), as there just weren't many people for whom I needed an offensive boost for optimal points due to them being either very strong or very weak.

Anyway, big gaps both to 1st place as well as to 5th, which is always a bit annoying since it means there wasn't really much of a need to strategize so much. The best HC player was Tib with his distant 5th place, the best Charm score was posted by Kururu in 9th (though I believe he didn't boost at all). All KH otherwise in the top 9.

Yes, I stopped micromanaging this week, since there was no need. Besides, I've started my holidays and I'm not at my computer that much time :P.

In fact, I'm writing and playing using my phone. I'll chill out for a bit next seasons.

• Like 6

One more goal achieved :)

Got a 20th place this time around 👌 

I think our contest-master @Тёмный Властелин slipped into 19th in front of me, so congrats! How did you feel about your debut? :) 

Interesting thing... the difference between 15th and 31st was.... 28 points! 😮  

I don't recall about it ever being so slim. I'm guessing it was a PoA effect (as I would say it was in your situation @Caradog 👍)

Anyway, this week was far more challenging as people were boosted heavily most of the time but still managed to get it done, with 2 full (and a partial) rounds of boosting, so happy with the outcome as I seem to get more "confy" around D2 ^_^ 

Finally, congrats @snowman22 for your achievement! 👏👏👏

Best of luck for everyone!

023 D2 200730 4.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Last week results: 

• 103 players: 416 - highest level, 292 - lowest, average - 368,59, median - 374
  • made 306 battles: 256 - wins, 50 - losses, 0 remaining tokens
  • average points per wins: ~17,679 (not accurate, too many losses, didn't track the points on losses)
  • 15th place score - 4882; got 19th with 4876 points
  • was boosted for 4 days: 4 times 4 epic cordyceps
  • total XP gain - ~69310

1289603862_-10.jpg.934702ae7894fdec18bedfe86bc75c46.jpg

• The week went smoother than I expected. Managed to win against some strong opponents (with some very lucky harmony rng) and miserably lost against some of the others, whom I could have beaten. Used all the tokens and even refilled for the remaining ones even though I couldn't win against the remaining opponents (the greed, max XP).
  • Almost 4900 points in comparison with ~4300 in D1 is a big difference in XP. Even though I am still weak and cant get all the points with wins only, it's still almost + 10k XP. Very nice. Maybe I should have promoted a bit earlier.  
  • The difference between 15th and 30th place was 26 points! WTF? If you're not around at the reset time you're guaranteed out of this reward tier.
  • I didn't really track the battle for top places this week but I can show you the results 🙂 The league was won by 402 level Know-how player, who already has more than 10 D2 wins. 414 Charm player (14 D2 wins) was second. 413 Hardcore player with a couple of D2 wins was fourth. Most of the top 9 are Charm players.

908800770_-1.jpg.183450bdc1d3cd1f4235ec5acd8229c2.jpg

322968357_-2.jpg.be42f7f8bda386ee8f3115a6e432bd2f.jpg

2032526196_-3.jpg.1e899155ae10b34483cc75fe202a2f0f.jpg

157410877_-4.jpg.c0ecf59af4aa98e53e5436f43ba037a3.jpg

1034120692_-5.jpg.e1e6d85343b23fafa598f5b99a945616.jpg

1285912686_-6.jpg.fe308e8169ca0421b5076183599724d0.jpg

1731401994_-7.jpg.6b8b6174c9f8b44dc2c61413eefefe00.jpg

527888569_-8.jpg.ff082aa0a76b10b344d570b25feeef19.jpg

1094499579_-9.jpg.7425ab4c0bdcc7bdb5e7d4f89238f3aa.jpg

• This week looks even better in terms of XP gain. I counted 88 opponents whom I can win. We'll see, how it goes. 

Good luck 😉

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Karyia said:

I think our contest-master @Тёмный Властелин slipped into 19th in front of me, so congrats! How did you feel about your debut? :) 

Thanks. I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of XP gain. You somehow feel more "engaged", when you spend all the tokens and try to micromanage a loosing match into a win. That's amusing.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Thanks. I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of XP gain. You somehow feel more "engaged", when you spend all the tokens and try to micromanage a loosing match into a win. That's amusing.

Can't say I hadn't told you ;) I just prefer "playing" more :D 
I'm not to worried abou xp or anything... I can't do better than this for a long time, so... just keep on going :P 

I had almost a full bar left to use but couldn't score more points 😅 With time, it'll  become more manageable, you'll see ;) 

Unless PoA or something alike comes up to mix things up! Though that makes it more challenging ^_^  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Can't say I hadn't told you ;) I just prefer "playing" more :D 

Yeah, but you also told smth about 200 wins only (if I recall it correctly), when I could do ~235 in D1. So I thought that it is a bit too soon for me to go there without second 5 star and not maxed stats.

16 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I had almost a full bar left to use but couldn't score more points 😅 With time, it'll  become more manageable, you'll see ;) 

You're losing XP 😀😀 I still tried to score as little points as possible with wins and it turned out that even with that approach I can have enough points for top 16-30 (with more rounds of boosters, of course).

9 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Huh, not many additions during the week. Is that normal in D2 nowadays? (Open question for everyone; I realize it's new ground for you.)

It varies.

I've caught as much as > 110 (that being more the exception) but usually, a few more than 100, yeah.

I would say the "usual" is around 104-108 (on average).

24 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Yeah, but you also told smth about 200 wins only (if I recall it correctly), when I could do ~235 in D1. So I thought that it is a bit too soon for me to go there without second 5 star and not maxed stats.

You're losing XP 😀😀 I still tried to score as little points as possible with wins and it turned out that even with that approach I can have enough points for top 16-30 (with more rounds of boosters, of course).

Indeed. PoA "affected" leagues are out of the ordinary, you'll soon see. 

I don't worry so much about xp as you... I try balancing getting xp AND getting kobans :) Also, at a certain point, I just left too many battles to fight on D1 that it just felt wrong (and tedious) :S 

My aim right now is D2, top 30 with as few boosting as possible.

I've never used legendary boosters and VERY seldomly use refills, so I try playing a (sort of) efficient game, if you wanna call it that way.

I don't care much about losing a bit xp if I win a bit more kobans that I can turn into more "core" gaming but that's me.

I suppose I can do no better than top 30, D2..  so at the moment, that's what I'm working on improving however I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Huh, not many additions during the week. Is that normal in D2 nowadays?

No, 103 at the end of the week is significantly lower than average in my experience. As Karyia said, it varies, but it tends to be closer to 110 than 100 most weeks, and that includes newcomers at various points. The biggest I've had since I returned to D2 for good (about a month ago or so I think) was 114, but I'd consider even 105 fairly "small" by the current standards. My current league started at 102 players earlier today and it's already at 106 tonight. Let's just say, I don't remember a D2 week where free token generation wasn't at least a dozen fights short of my total available fights.

Of course, the super bugged week would have been the big exception, but I was actually in D3 that week (despite demoting to D2). It's okay, we got a few tickets and 1 or 2 MPx1 orbs as "compensation" IIRC. ^^

• Like 1

Like I said last week, I should win the league. And that's what happened, I won the league. The average was abominable at 22.56.
unknown.png

On Nutaku I was coupled with 2 of the Nutaku powerhouses and one person of about the same strength and with about the same amount of victories. The powerhouses made no mistakes and took 1 and 2. I lost by 8 points to the other one. But 3rd or 4th is irrelevant in the end. As long as I keep up winning against him when we are fighting for first, which I've done so far when that happened. Here my average was low as well at ~22.62. I lost twice to SJL996, who was boosted throughout the week.
unknown.png

All in all the averages were low this week. I think that has something to do with the PoA event. It was harder to catch people unboosted as well on both ends of the ranking.

• Like 5

yeah, that's crazy, I wouldnt do any d1 tourism anymore, there are too many high level players in it for the kobans, same goes for d2 tourism, it's basically not a good idea anymore (in my opinion (but that's probably formed out of the fact I am not doing it anymore (or is it the other way around?))). If you could stay in one of those leagues and getting a good top15 without a lot of booster, which a lot of you do, it seems more advisable than demoting/promoting.

Only hope left is that they change the league system anytime soon.

To topic: At the moment I still can make a top 4, but I am not counting on it, just hoping. 😃

• Like 1

my nut account

image.png.cf4c6314676aad6caa482680126e3e70.png

my hh account

image.png.447ac0bbb2cc13876ad7806ae7b7a05e.png

i'm a little disapointed here, i was thinking yayane would do a much better score so i went easier just to secure top 4 and in the result i would have been able to pass in hard mode. maybe it's time for me to goes harder in my hh account too.

• Like 8

The past week was a bit tougher than usual, due to a higher number of 400+ players than usual. I still ended up securing my top 30 but it was less straightforward than most weeks have been since I stabilized in D2. The contest incentivizing players to boost to get lots of arena and league wins near the end of the week didn't help. I actually ended up boosting for one day myself, but I also had to play minimal points losses earlier on in the week, so that wasn't optimal. Anyway, nothing too exciting. Finished #18 instead of #16. I'll live. ^^

This new league seems similar in terms of more D3 players visiting us than usual. I'll be a bit more careful this time.

Good luck, have fun folks. Stay safe!

• Like 7

I finished first with 6770 points (22,79 average). Alucard was second, playing solidly as always, but not enough to win. gh0st1975 was third and Rikko who rushed on wednesday took the 4th place. An outsider, Oliver KH lv 422 got his best place ever with a 5th place, just over Zelazny and barbenoire. Some high level players were permaboosted, and even many low level were using boosters profusely during the week.

image.png.929d717c7e57f9cc2467ca8f9d832807.png

Edit. For the next week: The top players are: [CNO] Tiben lvl 449 KH best 2nd in D3, anony76 445 KH 2 wins in D3, Monster750 443 KH 8 wins, Pyth 441 KH 2 wins, Spineless 440 KH 2 wins, Thanis 440 HC best 2nd, Shaoran 439 HC best 3rd, n1ck 438 KH best 3rd, Мюнхен 437 Ch 1 win, Seed 437 Ch 1 win, ...  Sam Hentaires 431 KH 1 win completes the winner list.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 8