How you doing in the "League"

casey

@DvDivXXX

Haha, sorry. Of course I still had fights left. Was busy building my next league team and didn't do the last fight until now (against the only fully boosted opponent but at least with 20% luck bonus). Didn't mean to stress you out. ;)

Well, looks like players who aren't level 600 can still win leagues. In my last season the Top 2 were levels 534 and 528 (I was in third place), this time it's me with 552. Good to know that if there aren't any extreme monsters in a league, the Top 4 are still somewhat doable.

@jelom

No worries - like Joe I took it mostly as a joke, too. But nevertheless, I think that this kind of mid-season sharing shouldn't be overdone.

(but what's with all the virtual hugs? guys, I just reported a curious minor inconvenience; it's not cancer or something ;))

• Haha 2
  • GG 1

------------------
D3 run #150 2023/07/06-13 (Thyra Week 8; no LG available for me):

image.png

Really impressive performance from Ari aka @Moonlynx again. Come to think of it, the next time we're in the same group, I should really make an effort to avoid a 0-3 between us. ^^ Congrats, man! Also, with two D3 victories while giving away 75pts to the entire group all week long, I think you've definitely proven how little our "defense teams" really matter at the end of the day. 👍

Expensive but fun and challenging top 4 for me this time around. Well played to Ezekiel and zythgor too. Hopefully this new week will be a nice and fluffy journey among a group of specially selected Care Bears who will cuddle me all the way to victory? ^^ 

34 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

(but what's with all the virtual hugs? guys, I just reported a curious minor inconvenience; it's not cancer or something ;))

But... The Hug is the Life! If I had to wait for someone to bring me horrible news to show them my affection, I'd be suffering from pretty massive hug withdrawal. ^^

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GG 2

image.png.cc2e9a3c1fa83907be8fa112fc1599fe.png

I'm happy about my 2nd place. Taorin, Ira, Tib were clearly participants for the top4 and after my L5* Stacy isn't at lvl750 (lvl733 because I fall short in GXP at the last GXP-Contest) I had expected that other guys coul beat me like Nobody, Chaz or Asoa for example.

I used 2 Ginseng, 2 Cordyceps and 2 AME + 1 LM Booster.

image.png.3f8d78231c93dded4ae03bd1094b3ff3.png

2 hours ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

Now that i've said that, I'm interested to know the opinion of the players who were not involved

Nice discussion and from my side: total covered by the meaning of the thread. So I would like to have such again if there is a need.

Edit: I had a look in my new League bracket... Sovereign with me so a top1 is impossible. Well, I'm 9th in lvl so a chance for top4 is given.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GG 2

6 minutes ago, jelom said:

In spite of "someone" :P saying my league was a piece of cake, this was my final stand.

Damn! It looks like your entire group was of the "wait for the final hour to make your move" type. I should start paying more attention to these. Maybe even join them (if/when I can, there's the problem of being available for sure on the last day). ^^ My bad. Glad you still grabbed at least a top 4 in that environment.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jelom said:

In spite of "someone" :P saying my league was a piece of cake, this was my final stand.

Maybe you haven't maxed out your stats? In this case, despite the visual increase in level, you still remain at the same power level as 500-level players.

• Haha 5

Greatings Earthlings 👹

I just wanted to inform you, that here might crawl some tiny new Competitor Canon Fodder somewhere around your Feet, so please be a little bit careful, and don't step on me too much.

I promise I won't bite, just want to play. 🤪

image.png.f09c4d60968205cd1e463492302b62af.png

Guess this will be fun (for you) image.png.f1f1d051a19c2f83f9d87098e2f908da.png

I knew it'll become very hard, but had hoped there might be a little bit more low level players.
At least I'm not lowest. 🙄
Screenshot2023-07-13135501.png.f9e4724e0ac2a95c3da67d20ec1c387e.png

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 3
  • GG 3

The league predictions looked promising this week, and I had some more time, so I decided to go for a good result, looking for a top 4, but hoping I could sneak a win. The top 4 (and as far as the top 6) predicted ended up being the actual top 6, but the order in reality was a bit different:

image.png.09b4b1465eff0561ebcdf333fdb04d97.png

Congrats to my clubmate Incubys who refused to believe me that he had good shot at the top 4. Anytime I can steal a top 4 as a free player, it's a good week.

Edited by Zteev
  • Like 2
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 3

I'm surprised by my results this week. Despite my losing season by the numbers, I somehow managed to hang on and finish in the first-place bracket!

hh-leagues-71223.thumb.png.516d34a8bb5994e387af9509facfa042.png

Two things led to this result, and I can only take credit for one. I did a major push at the start of the season, battling over half the players before the blessing change. The second is, somehow, the hostile RNG masters bit everyone in my league.

leagues-71323.png.19645b452f2c6226a1a2d93481c92e61.png

That's all, folks. Have fun, and I'll C'Ya on the flip side. 😃

• Like 1
  • GG 3

Score: 7,176
Avg: 23.92
Boosters:  2x 4 Gins (0 fights), 4x 4 Cords (300 fights), & 3 AME/LMs (-1,350 kos).
Refills: 7.94 (-1,501 kos~119 fights).
Profit: +35 kos (lol)
Player Lvl: 521 -> 522
Avg Player Lvl: 517.98 -> 518.99

Maxed Girls: 19/24 M6s & 44/133 L5s
Defeats: 2/300 fights
Opponents: 100

Max TP: 246.25k -> 210k.
Mythic Gear: 6 Charm Atk: 1 Balanced, 1 Dom, 3 Voyeur, & 1 Sensual.

L5 Girl: None available.  New LG expected on 7/21/2023 (in ~1 week).

Finished 5th.  Not what I expected.  I played as if I was aiming for 1st, but expected at least a top 4.  I recognized I was in a bracket w/ monsters, but figured I gotta let loose once in a while, and have some fun.  Certainly did that.  This was actually my highest avg ever, but it didn't earn even a top 4, b/c the competition was that fierce.  Had perfect 25 scores in 156/300 of my fights (over half of them).  Lost the top 4 by 20 points, which means I was careless on some fights.  I probably used too many refills in the first half, trigger happy & drunk w/ 246k TP power.  While the veterans waited until blessings changed, to then use refills, having the restraint to ignore the awesome initial blessings.  Upside to using that many refills, is that I preserved my cordyceps supply (31 left), and didn't have to check leagues for the last 2 days.

Bracket had 11 prior 1st place winners, and 10 prior top 4 rankers.  When's the last time you saw 7 players w/ a score above 7k?  A score that high is no accident, they were all gunning for 1st.  We had amazing blessings in the first half w/ ~246k TP, so it was really tempting to go all out.  Plus, the SE ended, and we have LMs now, w/o a reason not to use them.

Congratz to @Ol Sheriff Joe, @Miccia, @Erin, & @Bobick.

The old western banter was fun.  I doubt anyone really had an issue w/ it.  It was light-hearted.  Actually the most fun I had w/ leagues in a while, despite not getting a top 4.  I feel like that's the purpose of the forum, to learn strategies, vent, share accomplishments, and have fun.

Shoutout to Pumeitor (6522480), who I suspect is a baby whale (lvl 378).  They just started this March, but got their first top 30 (ranked 21st).  I can easily spot progress like this, b/c of how I sort players' best ranks.  Did it before w/ SafitheOrca.

I'll take a break this week, and lick my wounds.  Saving resources for when there's a new league girl next week.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 2
  • Surprised :O 1

image.png.0d86cd18880af325f02d3f45baacc226.png

Mostly expected outcome: Sovereign at 1st, I ended in top4. I had thought that more competition for the top4 would be, but it was much more relaxed than expected.

I used 2 Ginseng, 2 Cordy all time and 2 LM Booster, my team was lvl750.

image.png.f38c1d80794e010ef63622982f7d7743.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 2
  • GG 3

Things were looking very good for me with 19 series to go (48/33), then Fran did his mojo trick.

hh-leagues-72023.thumb.png.d7526880e0ca378ee78d864b49d29ccd.png

leagues-72023.png.4107bc152d5f3b9b56765078e8299479.png

That's correct, my fellow players; I only won five of the final nineteen series allowing @Fran to come from way behind and kick my ass! 🤣

Have fun, everyone; I'll C'Ya on the flip side. 😃

• Like 3
  • Hug 1
  • GG 4

------------------
D3 run #151 2023/07/13-20 (Thyra Week 9; no LG available for me):

image.png

Yeah... Another 2nd place, and literally by a singular point this time. ^^

Having said that, I'm not too salty, as I started that week in somewhat top 15 and chill mode with my eyes opened for a possible top 4 opportunity, and I didn't realize just how weak that group really was until the final hour when it finally became clear that I could have grabbed the W easily had I played competitively from the start (or in this case, just scored a bit more in ONE fight).

I certainly wouldn't have minded the extra 3k kobans that one point costed me. But I take this as my first lesson in the "wait for the last possible moment to make your move" world. Sometimes, nobody else has anything left in the tank, none of your few opponents carefully kept available for the last minute strike get caught unboosted by a partial snapshot, and you've waited for nothing. Live and learn!

PS: Glad to share this opportune top 4 with @Methos2 (who I know typically plays in top 15 and chill mode by default). ❤️ I guess the positive way of looking at it is that it was a freebie for the both of us (and an even bigger one for @Squirt42).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1
  • GG 2

I aimed for a top 4 and spent accordingly so I'm a happy with the result. Congrat to @Squirt42 for the winning. Thank you @DvDivXXX for posting the result. I didn't realize how close top 3 score were. I really figured that you would take the prize from the start.

57 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

@Methos2 (who I know typically plays in top 15 and chill mode by default

I tend to hover between top 4 and top 15. Once I meet my koban quota to pay for my monthly spending, I chill in top 15.

• Like 2
  • uwu 1
  • GG 1

week 18 ; finished 11th and i got Rachael by the way

week 19 : 6th place. i used 2cordys +2 ginseng before BC and 3 cordys + 1 ginseng after BC and i spent 41 kobans for refills. the two screenshot are 4 hours before reset as i can be present around reset.

week18leagueshh.JPG.759e399ff138b994eb2c3978472ae039.JPGrachael.JPG.61c202e54ee767b4797a82634b6bccff.JPG

week 19 leagues hh.JPG

• Like 2
  • GG 2

image.png.04756454b1e0deb28c8d5156202ba086.png

Another top4... With bad RNG luck (-23,23 below expected) and bad luck with boosted players (had to fight 20 boosted players) there was no chance to get 1st. In the last seconds there was another player who at least reached top4 (and dropped me to 4th place).

My team was lvl750, 2 Ginseng, 2 Cordys and 2 LM Booster.

image.png.ba3df15bfaf63ba641fe973908cf21f6.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 3
  • GG 1

------------------
D3 run #152 2023/07/20-27 (Thyra Week 10; no LG available for me):

image.png

Fuck yeah, I win again! Finally. ^^

After two 2nd places in a row (including one that was entirely on me for not realizing early enough that the win was mine if I just went for it) I didn't fool around this time.

3 AMEs used (sure LMs are better especially with what feels like constant SE/R lately making Season fights count more than usual, but AME is still the one booster of this type that can be obtained through winning some contests and other rewards rather than flat out purchasing it with kobans, so I'm still using it regularly). Not that many cordys overall, I had days where I pushed (4 cordys), days where I chilled out (4 gins) and days where I stayed open to really good pick-offs if they presented themselves but otherwise chilled out (2 each or sometimes 3 gins, 1 cordy). Lots of refills, though. I'd say roughly 2k worth of refills, primarily during the phase shift on Monday.

I had a few contenders to keep an eye on and I took them seriously, chief among them @milio with his fairly long track record of past D3 wins. I also knew for sure that most of these wins must date back to a very different meta where his 2017 veteran status was a massive advantage, but in the current meta his account power simply doesn't compare to mine, even with equally strong teams. Nice performance at the end, still. He ended up being the only one securing his top 4 place, whereas the others were clearly in a "lucky past the gap" type of situation instead. Congrats, and thanks for giving me incentive to really push myself.

I was still missing Estelle in Phase 1 (obv, since I'm only working on obtaining her now ^^), and my Atina wasn't ready for Phase 2 (still isn't, though I'm working on it since she'll also be relevant next week), but she didn't make a big difference, so I largely focused on Phase 2 this time.

Looking back, this looks like Overkill (Overkill!) as I could almost certainly have secured that win for cheaper, maybe even without using AMEs. But hindsight is 20/20 and I really didn't want to take a third second place in a row. Man, I really needed that win (not just for morale, either, those kobans are my gateway to securing both Estelle and Noemy). Pretty damn sweet! :ph34r:🚬

PS: Err... Thyra's Week 10 just ended but there's no new LG this week, it seems? They did say "approximately every 10 weeks" so maybe this time it'll take 11 instead.

• Like 3
  • GG 4

I played in a chill mode this week, only pushing at the end when it looked like I had been too chilling to make the top 4. 

hh-leagues-72723.thumb.png.5271a4b6ac56c077900133e6098b2c76.png

leagues-72723.png.962bec3284af2325e5d4b6dc93bf3ee1.png

Weirdly enough, my two actual "losses" occurred when I was fully boosted (AM+4gin) with less than a 1% chance of losing!

That's all, folks. Have fun, and I'll c'ya on the flip side.😃

• Like 4
  • GG 2

Finished 5th with 6737 points (101 players league, 22.23 avg).

The 3 first players 1h before the end where respectively around 7300, 7150 and 7090 points and I don't have/remember their names.

I had the 4th place 1h before reset and I don't know by how much I lost at the end because I was eating with colleagues at reset time.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Like 3
  • GG 1