How you doing in the "League"

casey

Week  20 in D3

this is my second top 4 since i am in D3 . I used two AME . i greeded to use the third and that cost me the victroy. no regret since it could have ruined my POA. this week i am in a chill mode because i need to regeneate cordys .the screenshot was 5 hours befor reset and i finished 3rd 

Final Rank : 3

Points 6856 - Average : 22.41

opponents : 102 - Played : 306- Not played : 0

Victories : 302 - Defeats : 4

Girls cap : 750 (11 M6 - 20 L5)

Boosters : 2x 4 cordyceps - 4x 3 cordyceps + 1 ginseng 

ME : 6 ME  - 2 AME (both free)

Refills : 42 (89 kobans)

kobans won : 794 - Net profit : 705

Girl Caroline   56% to 90%

week 20 leagues hh.JPG

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 2

On 7/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, jelom said:

Unexpected win this week 🏆 xD, YourDaddy seemed favourite but lacked in the final day, and Faust rushed but not enough. I also expected Omer to push further.

image.png.79c9b988d0b06daf36cb1323bd73f92d.png

Thanks, I thought that it would be closer. I still don't have the power to go for top 4, I have some unmaxed Mythic girls, so only 5 are deployable at the moment, and I didn't feel ready to use AM boosters for a remote chance of a top 4.

Although, looking at the scores now, at a hindsight, I could've taken top 4 with 3 AMs (but then it was a too expensive top 4).

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.93093a9448c79710ef490a06934f0545.png

First time since ages I can't do all League battles. The Booster of one opponent run out 3 min before reset and in this 3 min the game gave me 3 times the "Forbidden" page after I clicked ad "Go" (after some seconds of spinning carrot, sure).

Nevertheless: "Slava Ukraina!" was at 7320 points, followed from "Rossoisagreedycunt" with 7270 points. My expected outcome would be around 7250 points with the last 3 fights, so nothing in the ranking would have changed.

• Hug 3

Finished 5th of my 103 players league with an average of 22.4 points. Had 4 losses.

image.thumb.png.e99dfeb4409b442df37a9d8fe9802986.png

Very disturbing end with the new shitty UI (thanks zoopokemon for making it bearable today) and the missing league stats disabled until it works again with this new UI I presume, and lots of Forbidden errors like bolitho76 said.

• Like 5

And here is my final position this week, an easy victory.

Milio was my favourite, but he stopped doing battles yesterday and his final rush in the last hour hasn't been enough.

image.png.baa588a9ca8632255c2fecde7e89f5fe.png

26 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

the game gave me 3 times the "Forbidden" page after I clicked ad "Go"

When that happens, I circunvent it with right-click in the go button and selecting open in new tab, it opens smoothly.

• GG 5

Got a top 15, and 2 top 4s.  I finished 5th, 2nd, & 3rd.  Haven't posted here in a few weeks.  It's nice to be able to get top 4s, despite being at a 57-78 level disadvantage.  Being able to spot un-boosted players now is nice, but I miss seeing 15 players at a time, and the usual perks from the script.  Have to manually check my avg now. *sigh*

These are the top 30 rankings, scores, & avgs, from my past 3 brackets (July 13th - Aug 3rd).

image.png

Here's my league history for the year so far, including scores, avgs, player levels, TP, boosters, refills, & profit, etc.

My profit has been lower lately, since I've been using more refills.  I should try to limit that, but it's even more tempting now that we can spot easy targets.

image.png

I gain about a level per week. 🐢

• Like 2
  • GG 1

------------------
D3 run #153 2023/07/27-08/03 (Thyra Week 11; still no LG available for me?!):

image.png

Final screenshot from before the fucked-up buggy patch with the new layout. And then to confirm I broke my personal record for my highest average score, I had to use a calculator. V-v

image.png

Fuck yeah, I win again! ^^ Final average of 24.16 pts (7395/306). This was my 14th D3 victory.

I doubt Shal and Sinnet were really trying to contest me.

220 AME/LM charges used. Somewhat reasonable amount of cordys and refills.

Now, on to the first full league with all the new handicaps from the recent patch:

• No ability to hide fought opponents.
  • No sorting or filtering that actually works, only sorted by Rank regardless.
  • Misleading and plain distracting real-time boosters even though we're still facing opponents as they were at the latest snapshot, so usually not with/out these boosters we're (not) shown.
  • No color tag or girl team info from the main list, need to open up an opponent not just once but every time you want to check or recheck that info.
  • No ability to change or even check your own team without opening the battle interface for an available opponent first. Consequently, no ability to change or even check your own team after your final fight of the week.
  • Shitty "Power" gauge that's way off and basically useless compared to the existing script sims.
  • Even with the script update, we can't see more than 10 opponents at a time, down from 15 (but up from the 5 of the new layout for the vanilla game).
  • More that I'm forgetting.

Can't wait...

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • GG 2

How am I doing? Better than the so-called game "Update." I am so frustrated with KK's continuous bombardment of buggy additions to the game I'll post a picture of what I saw before heading off to work.

hh-leagues-8323.thumb.png.3c02df6b4f4b2d62f7eff54dc391fa6f.png

I don't know if having fun playing the game is possible anymore, but please try.

That's all, C'ya, on the flip side. 😃

• Like 4

Well I should have won the league this week but due to the booster bug I had to do a lot of fights(30+) without a AM/LM booster on. @[FDGN] ~ Joe got first instead, he did all his fights before the patch. I even took a couple of losses that I had 66%+ chance of winning. Sure wish we had some kind of test server to try these major updates on before pushing it live, but I guess that's just wishful thinking?

leagueresults2.thumb.png.97236e218c10208f466e3e4edb4f2126.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taorin said:

Well I should have won the league this week but due to the booster bug I had to do a lot of fights(30+) without a AM/LM booster on.

That happened to me as well. I'm not sure it would have made a difference in my case (xxxyyyccc and I are almost perfectly matched, with each of us having two wins against the other).

2 hours ago, Taorin said:

Sure wish we had some kind of test server to try these major updates on before pushing it live

Or, at a minimum, what about pushing it live on one of the games instead of all the games?

When the 2nd place player accidentally applies his #WeakOnSeasons team in league:

league.thumb.png.ebb4f92dea6437beebc521bffe9dbd97.png

#WeakOnLeague rhymes better anyway, thanks for the 75 free points 🤩.

Now that I think of it, why did I just waste 3 AME charges? 😅

@govenants

I'm in your league. If you did not battle him yet, you have 1h time before his boosters expire, which will update his snapshot.

Edited by Horsting

20 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Will this work out when the whole league benefits from this the same way? 😉

It does. Regular top 4 contenders have been doing this since before the creation of time and it's typically worth it for them.

First of all, when A makes a deal with B, they only tell each other when they'll do their respective weakening for their end of the bargain, so not the entire group will get the memo and benefit from it (there are always a few attentive players watching each snapshot like a hawk who catch them, but that's about it... well, unless someone posts "hey player A is weakened right now, go get 'em, group!" on the forum maybe. ^^).

More importantly, scoring the most points you can has a much bigger impact on your own result that trying to make it more difficult for all your opponents to score big on you. And this type of deal is typically made between players who have a real shot at winning or making it to top 4. It's more beneficial for all of them to trade guaranteed 75 points than to be paranoid all week and hope they can catch the others unboosted but the others don't catch them.

As for a part of the rest of the group taking a few free points here and there, I plead the @Moonlynx. Dude won two D3s while deliberately giving away 75 points to everyone all week. So there's that.

PS: That player is probably weakened for a deal with @govenants, anyway. ^^ If you're smart, keep an eye on Govs for when he'll be returning the favor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Timing needs to be good for this to be no too high risk, or you need to know when all your other closer opponents are definitely not active. I suppose that all players aiming for top 4 have a look into the league at least every 6h snapshot, unless being asleep. Unless boosters expire, your weak team is free meat for everyone for a full 6h snapshot. Before the update, even expiring boosters did not change something about this, only this random individual player snapshot update in random individual cases. Now the two players making the deal both get 1x75 points for free. All others who spot at least one of those two, get the same, and all who spot both of them, get 2x75 points for free, hence a larger benefit then our "clever" deal makers. I cannot imagine that this works out, but there is no way to check it, unless you get a message from someone who was beating you from 1st or 4th like "thanks for the free points, without I would have not reached 1st/4th".

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

well, unless someone posts "hey player A is weakened right now, go get 'em, group!" on the forum maybe. ^^

Sounds like a job for me then, since I don't like such kind of deals anyway, regardless whether they work out or not 🙊.

• Hug 1

13 hours ago, Horsting said:

Now the two players making the deal both get 1x75 points for free. All others who spot at least one of those two, get the same, and all who spot both of them, get 2x75 points for free, hence a larger benefit then our "clever" deal makers. I cannot imagine that this works out, but there is no way to check

You could take my word for it? I'm not particularly interested in shouting it from the rooftops, but yeah it definitely works out more often than not, and it's been a common practice for ages.

Also, bear in mind that most of us regular top 4 contenders know each other, at the very least by name. I can scan my group on day one each week and identify the players who can win or contest a top 4, and in many cases I have even more info to assess the situation, when they're players I've encountered many times before (or know from the forum or elsewhere). "Oh it's X, he's very strong but he never uses AME/LM on principle" or "oh, it's Y, he's in top 15 and chill mode by default, unless a clear top 4 opportunity presents itself", and so on. And that's just in my head and from memory (or sometimes browsing through my past screenshots). Quite a few players use the script to export the league's data to an actual spreadsheet and study the entire group's progress throughout the week in a way that I'd best describe as professional.

And you know the saying I'm often using here, "past the gap"? It doesn't come from thin air, it comes from consistent observations across many leagues. RNG selection for the group has a huge impact, but I can tell quite early on most of the time who will likely win and who will likely make a top 4 or at least try to (and the aforementioned players making spreadsheets can tell with much more precision). It's fairly rare that there are more than half a dozen of these, and some weeks it's literally 4 or less in the entire group. Then there's the famous "gap", typically of a few hundred points or more, between the last of us and the first of "them" (the rest of the group, "NPCs" would be a harsh term for it, but basically players who simply couldn't get in the way of the dominant handful's top 4 placement even if they wanted to). So again, if I were in your group with Govs, myself and let's say 2 others who have a real shot at a top 4, I'd be more interested in myself getting 75 points apiece from my fellow top 4 contenders (even if I return the favor, at least it's a wash and we can best each other in how we feed on the rest of the group) than I would be scared of giving you (no offense) or most of the others in the group 75 or even 4 times 75 points. At most it might make the gap slightly smaller, but it won't magically change any NPC into a threat.

Of course, this is all D3 only. And I'm not saying everyone does that all the time either. But it's common enough that just noticing a couple or more top 4 contenders from the same club in my group sets me on alert that they might do this at some point, and I might catch some or all of them in the act. Or join them, if I happen to be in touch with them and motivated enough to make the effort that week. It's typically less interesting if I'm going for the win than for a top 4, though.

And these days I'm nowhere near motivated enough to care too much either way. I mean, both of the main top 4 contenders in my current group have a lot of resources I don't, and with recent balance changes it currently means they have an almost or completely skilled team already (including their Mythics), while I only have a couple of girls skilled in my team and that's only thanks to the freak accident that there's a strong Week of the Rare blessing going on. So it doesn't really matter. They'll end up #1 and #2 respectively no matter what I do. But I'm likely to squeeze myself into the top 4 since there's only one other realistic contender for that podium besides myself. I'll probably be the lucky guy that scores "past the gap". Fingers crossed. ^^

Anyways. Back to our regular show.

• Like 1

So you mean you know in most cases all your closer opponents (the ones before the gap, I never meant the bulk including me 😅) well enough to know which 6h snapshot definitely none of them would spot you and/or your partner, in case you made such a deal? Especially when every veteran knows about this practice, I would do all I can to never ever miss a quick look at those opponents every 6h, to get doubled the benefit of the two making the deal, tuning it into a shot into their own knees. I mean do you guys (anyone who was ever making such a deal) ever get feedback from the others whether the deal/weak team was spottet or not?

What I am saying: It works only if the motivation of all other top 4 candidates to win is sufficiently small that they all won't spot you. And they have two chances, one for each of the deal makers, to at least equalise the benefit. And I would be surprised if top 4 was possible without this last bit of motivation.

However, now that (at least to my observation) expiring boosters do actually update your snapshot immediately, there is with some efforts a way to minimise the risk: Refreshing boosters shortly after the snapshot, so that you are just vulnerable for a few minutes, which your partner can use to battle you. Of course, everyone can see the timer now, so with one expiring shortly after snaphot, I would then also have a special look that time, once shortly before boosters expire, to potentially spot deal makers, and once after expiry to otherwise battle them unboosted.
EDIT: Ah, also problematic: If you have your boosters expire shortly after snapshot, it means that you are unboosted for nearly 6h (for your opponents), again equalising at least partly the benefit of the deal. Whichever way I turn it, I still have the impression that the actual benefit is an illusion which was only possible to stay until now as no one is really able to verify it in an individual case 😄.

Edited by Horsting
  • Juicy peach 1

40 minutes ago, Horsting said:

What I am saying: It works only if the motivation of all other top 4 candidates to win is sufficiently small that they all won't spot you. And they have two chances, one for each of the deal makers, to at least equalise the benefit.

It's the exact opposite. If a deal takes place, it often will include all or most of the top 4 contenders. There's no hide and seek to be made when being more or less transparent about it makes no significant difference.

Of course it can somewhat backfire; there are players who find this whole win-trading practice "dishonorable" (which I would agree to if this game's PvP system and mechanics were anywhere near balanced or fair to begin with). I saw deal offers on the table for say 5 players and one of the 5 declines. Then of course they know that if the other 4 proceed, they have a chance to get in on that action, whereas the others won't get a perfect 75 on them. Still, that doesn't make or break the outcome. It's not like you can just spot the one moment that players A, B, C and D are weakened all at once. They'll each have one moment during the week where they'll weaken themselves for the other three. It can be days apart, at different times of the day (not even taking time zone differences into account). Players A through D will 100% get 3 times 75 points from their deal. Player E might catch a couple of them at best. And remember, in that scenario all 5 of them will score much higher than the other 95-ish members of that group regardless. So Player E is actually not in a better spot than the other 4.

More generally, you overestimate the relevance of the "defense team". As I said, I had leagues where the winner used their weak season team all week long on purpose, and still won handily. It's the other 95-ish opponents and your own average score against them versus your fellow top 4 contenders' average scores against them that matters the most, by far. Securing 75 points for yourself is worth 10 times more than maybe preventing other players from scoring 75 points on you.

Anyways. I don't seem to be convincing you and this isn't a particularly important mission for me. Most everybody reading this exchange knows exactly what I'm talking about and that this is how the cookies crumble. And it's usually an unwritten rule to keep on the DL about it (although it's not technically cheating or anything against the ToS or any other rule, except for a perceived "honor" notion which doesn't have its place in this game's core design anyway). So, let's leave it at that. If you have to ask, you'll never know and all that. Cheers! ❤️ 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

It's the exact opposite. If a deal takes place, it often will include all or most of the top 4 contenders. There's no hide and seek to be made when being more or less transparent about it makes no significant difference.

Ah you mean all relevant opponents join the deal to increase the gap to all others? Okay that makes sense. I thought it was about e.g. two of six trying to get a benefit above the other four, to save their position in top 4. But if most of those six are involved, aiming to have to worry less about other potentially dangerous outsiders/newcomers, then I understand. And at the same time I agree that it could be called "dishonorable", making it more difficult for people like me in some future trying to join the top 4 club. But that is competition, so I won't complain.

More generally, you overestimate the relevance of the "defense team".

Yeah well, if the defence team would not matter, then we would not talk about this topic: Of course it does matter whether you get 75 points from opponents or just 60, otherwise there would be no point with this deals. And considering that you have ~100 opponents overall, 100*(75-60)=1,500 points do matter a lot. It is a little like government voting: Of course your own single voice will most likely not make the deciding difference (but there is a small chance), same as your own defence team will in most cases not help the exact opponent below you to displace you from top 4. But if no one would care about the defence team at all, all players who do all fights would share the 1st place, respectively only their age would decide. If not everyone at least tries to have a good defence team, there would be no competition possible at all. So yeah, the offensive team of course is most important, but it totally makes sense to not just have a random weak defensive team in place, it might even make the exact relevant tiny difference in a particular week.

Securing 75 points for yourself is worth 10 times more than maybe preventing other players from scoring 75 points on you.

In most cases yes, but if this one other player is the exact one closest to compete with you about 1st or 4th place, both are equal. Not a high chance/risk, but you would be pretty dammit annoyed to find out that these last 15 points the previous 5th got to displace you from 4th was because you did forget to switch back from a counter team to a good defence team, or did not immediately renew your boosters because you finished all your fights already 😉.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • Juicy peach 1

image.thumb.png.ec46cbee0628900a4a1c9aca7b1f37a8.png

Happy 1st place in a relaxed bracket. No other really competetiv opponents and so a nice batch of Koban to me.

I used LM Booster and 4 Ginseng all the time. Sadly had one day were I had to fight with Mavin only at lvl700 (had forgot to awake her last week so I had to do this at Tuesday this week).

image.png.55a9e70484e8b94c490003827040aa19.png

• Hearts 1
  • GG 2

I think you're missing the most important aspect of team weakening (maybe because you don't experience it on a day-to-day basis, that's fine) : it's a social tool, it strenghtens bonds between club mates and even across clubs 🥰

I might as well make a League report while I'm here...

image.png.6082edfa266ab7108e8816477e22579c.png

No big surprise this week, as soon as my beloved clubmate jeandelalune told me he was in vacation mode, I knew this was a guaranteed win, there was no serious contestant (only "NPCs" as the 3rd place would say 😏), so I was able to go into chill mode the first week without the need to use any bulb or much cordys.

The second week was more focused and I'm satisfied with the end result. 2.25 LME, 14 cordys, 14 gins on the whole.

New league with @jelom and Didish, should be ok too, knowing the opposition (not NPCs, but manageable, especially chill mode jelom, full-force jelom would be another story entirely).

• GG 4

Did I already say, how quickly you get used to something?

I was back again in D2 after my short brief visit here in D3 (which was again an interesting Experience, but I still don't belong in it).
And after this fabtabulous League Update hit us, at first I thought I quit the league for good.
But as our Script Gurus made it bearable again, I managed to get into 16-30 and was quite happy about it.
Today I did the last fights and was at 18, with 4 Points left to 15.

Right now before reset I looked again and there were 25 Points to 15th Place, so I wanted to do one more fight.
Just one.
You know what happened, don't you?

Of course I clicked on the "3 Fights Button" 🙄
As I said, it can go rather fast to acquire a habit.

So yes, Hello again, another wasted week for me in D3, with little to no Chance of winning fights for Scores in Contests, unless I throw in all the Boosters I have.
And of course no Kobans for me this week. 😔

• Hug 7

2 hours ago, Darkyz_ said:

I think you're missing the most important aspect of team weakening (maybe because you don't experience it on a day-to-day basis, that's fine) : it's a social tool, it strenghtens bonds between club mates and even across clubs 🥰

That is of course right. Though, within a club there are other tools/tasks to share, but having some reason for conversation and teaming across clubs of course is a nice social aspect 👫👭👬.

Became 51st this time in D3. Slowly but steadily becoming better:

league.png.f66948f71516889af9eeee287560b6ed.png

Not sure where the 12 not played fights are coming from, I played all fights with the same browser and had over 190 victories in the end. Probably the HH++ update and some game lags lead to the data being lost.

This was also the first time I saw another level 3xx player in D3, but (s)he got demoted. This time again one other level 3xx, but with only Chlorella boosted and by far lowest "Power" of the table, I see not much changes for him/her either.

Hopefully I can make it into the 31st - 45th bracket this time.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • GG 1