the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

13 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

By-the-way, outside of League rewards which are a day away, how does one earn 6 combativity points?o.O Do the contests' rewards for higher levels include combativity points?

Also, one player mentioned receiving 97 affection from 140 fights (i.e. ~70%) and then only 5 affection from ~60 fights (~8%).

In this instance I think he was just referring to natural regen. Contest rewards don't change in type as you get higher level, just in number.

• Thanks 1

Well, i got 9 shards for Karole's girls from 62fights. I can't say it's too bad. This means if the droprate is consistant a girl should drop in 650-700 fights- which is actually quite reasonable. However i highly dislike the randomness in the allocation of shards. It would have been better if the required amount was higher 1000 shards for instance, but you get shards with EACH fight. The desired effect of negating bad luck was ultimately not achieved.In this sense the system is a failure. If a player has a bad luck it will still take ludicrous amounts of kobans, i can't calculate it right now due to the lack of data. 1-3 shards(for legendary events)with an unknown droprate is practically the same as before.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

1) Revival event girls have a different average shard drop than new events

2) New events have a different average shard drop to normal boss girls (as you didn't mention who those shards were for)

3) Your sample size is quite small, so has a lot of variance in it

4) You're choosing to waste kobans on it, you don't have to do a x10 perform

I see that now, my first revival girl I got 6 shards from one 10 roll, that makes it three for three on getting shards that way. I know, too small a sample size but it's way too early for me to be blowing through kobans on refilling the combat energy. 1200 kobans for the slow grind on boss girls isn't too bad, way cheaper then the pachinko 10 pull.

30 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

We consider that providing it as an automatic reward yet augmenting the numbers necessary for it would be a too big departure of the system that the game was built upon. A lot of possibilities could have been pushed in the game. Yet, even if the previous system was flawed, it was the core of the game until now and, consequently, is core to its success. So making a huge departure from the core system could have bad consequences.

While i agree that the previous sytem was working up till now, it wasn't the reason for the success of the game- rather the concept of the game was. Also the availability of the game. What i(and many other players) are aiming is to make sure there are no more horror stories of thousand of kobans going to waste. Having a progressive option alongside the current one that rewards dedication and is not based on pure rng(much like the 10x spins option of the epic pachinko). Don't get me wrong, i am not bashing your effort, just pointing out that it failed to address the main issue we had with the previous system in terms of presentation- it looks exactly like the old just the object of the rng is different- shards, not girls.It might work just fine, but with the lack of visible progress is a problem and it brings about this discontent. I am positive it's a lot better than before and with little thinkering can be  even better, it's just that it looks exactly like the previous one.

• Like 2

I also agree that "small events that have smaller swings in RNG" is, mathematically speaking, a very significant and huge change.

While I suppose it is true that, mathematically, it does not absolutely and categorically stop over-10,000-kobans-no-drop scenarios, this should (at least in theory) make such incidents much more rare and hopefully non-existent.

Edited by John 1039
  • Like 2

Have about a thousand fights in on Karole with no drops. Maybe about 50 fights on this new system has netted 4 shards. If that's the real rate, not knowing might be preferable. Getting them instead of the regular reward sucks too. 

• Thanks 1

So far my experience in this new drop stuff.Since i wanted to spend my kobans at the last day, but the system changed i kept them. 3,5k koban.

For the knowledge/experience, i started to spend those kobans today, as the new event started. So far i bought 10 refill + the lets say 30 stamia what i had/got since the new event (the reset is 5am here, and i used *10fights) thats 230 fight with dark lord. I got 12 shard yet this point. Usually by the ~250/300th fight i got my first girl. That means i'm nowhere near the standard i had so far.

But it's worse. I'm maxed the academy boss but not finished the chapter yet. That means with every fight i "lose" 26k money.That was the normal till now.But with this new system i lose even more.Not just the amount i lose with the fights i get shards (instead of 1 lucky fight i have to made a lot of lucky fights) but so far for me its looks like i need to fight more with the low level bosses and every fight is gonna be a loss.

I know it's gonna happen with everyone and I'm not gonna fall behind lets say in the leagues but when i have to spend 17k on a single lvl up (currently the amount rises 6/lvl) its frustrating.

(Sorry if somewhere hard to understand what i wrote but english is nearly not my native language)

Edited by arkay2233

I get the impression that this will work really well for boss girls, and really badly for event girls.  If I understand how this works, we should expect that unless you're sinking tons of kobans into Event Pachinko (for which, by the way, the patch notes are very confusing) or stamina refills, it's going to take 3-4 years of revival events to get a legendary days girl, or even both girls from a normal 4-day event.  I thought the whole point of the droppable ones was being able to get them WITHOUT spending kobans?

Neutral shards you can stockpile that allow you to simply buy a girl of your choice during her window of availability would go a long way towards alleviating that.  Maybe those could go in the place of the "YOU GET NOTHING" rewards that Karole keeps giving me, which I assume is a busted placeholder for shards of the girls I already got from her.  Very annoying bug to get zero rewards for beating a boss.  I certainly hope it's a bug anyways.

It's not a terrible system and with a few tweaks (and please fix that zero rewards bug) it will work fine, but it doesn't fix what it set out to fix.  You could easily have just implemented a "mercy rule" that gives you a girl after something like 1200 failed attempts on a boss (number pulled at random, could easily be varied by rarity/event duration/etc) and saved yourselves a lot of trouble.  All we wanted was some guarantee that we weren't just throwing away  endless resources on something that would never come due to RNG and you haven't provided that.  Now it's just a new RNG way to get a girl alongside the existing RNG.

Edited by omnijew
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Well, i got 9 shards for Karole's girls from 62fights. I can't say it's too bad. This means if the droprate is consistant a girl should drop in 650-700 fights- which is actually quite reasonable. However i highly dislike the randomness in the allocation of shards. It would have been better if the required amount was higher 1000 shards for instance, but you get shards with EACH fight. The desired effect of negating bad luck was ultimately not achieved.In this sense the system is a failure. If a player has a bad luck it will still take ludicrous amounts of kobans, i can't calculate it right now due to the lack of data. 1-3 shards(for legendary events)with an unknown droprate is practically the same as before.

It is worst then before. If do the math will take 3-4k battles to get one event girl at the current drop rates. So we went from having a chance to get them, to if you don't spend 5000 Kobun you will never get a single event girl. Even revivals witch has 3 to 4 times the amount drops as other events  now you going to have to do at least 500 battles to get one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, omnijew said:

I get the impression that this will work really well for boss girls, and really badly for event girls.  If I understand how this works, we should expect that unless you're sinking tons of kobans into Event Pachinko (for which, by the way, the patch notes are very confusing) or stamina refills, it's going to take 3-4 years of revival events to get a legendary days girl, or even both girls from a normal 4-day event.  I thought the whole point of the droppable ones was being able to get them WITHOUT spending kobans?

It doesn't work like that. You still can get the girl the same way as before, and also have the chance of getting her 'little by little' over those 3-4 revival events if you're veeeery unlucky.

But it's true it works better for boss girls because they are always on display, thus meaning you can fight over and over again during 3-4 months and acttually see how you're getting closer to get them. I'm currently stuck with a maximized Roko who had only dropped me 1 of his girls in a good 3 months (OK, I've spent a lot of  fights with other villains during events but still)

Edited by pozi

4 minutes ago, Pimpen said:

It is worst then before. If do the math will take 3-4k battles to get one event girl at the current drop rates. So we went from having a chance to get them, to if you don't spend 5000 Kobun you will never get a single event girl. Even revivals witch has 3 to 4 times the amount drops as other events  now you going to have to do at least 500 battles to get one.

Again, this is not correct. You still can get an event girl in just one fight

5 minutes ago, Pimpen said:

What rates are you using for your math?

I am 64 battles in to Dark Lord and I have 79 shards on Val Red Battler.

So I am getting more like 100 battles not 3-4k.

2 hours ago, snowman22 said:

It's all about your luck. I myself is still just at 17 shards on Val Red Battler at the time of this writing. So I definitely won't be getting her in 100 battles.

I guess I'm in the minority because I prefer the new system of having some idea of progress to the old where you just blindly hope. Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but I did a bunch of refills with the discount and 244 battles in I've gotten Val Red Battler and am 93 affection for Val Abrael. That is at least as good if not better than I was doing in the past 6 months. Add in that it is far less frustrating for the common troll girls, I think it is an improvement.

I do see the argument that giving the money reward with the shards would be welcome, since money is so damn limiting in this game.

• Like 2

Yes, all about luck.

For me, its 15 shards from 51 battles. At this rate, 330 wins will be needed for an eventual drop. And since apparently classic events are supposed to have half the number of shard drops, it would be over 600 battles for those drops. Using 3-4K kobans for single drops, is looking more and more to be the reality at this point.

Here's to hoping that luck changes and the unlucky ones can get to the other end of the bell curve too.

Edited by John 1039

I've found that I am getting 1 shard at a crack from Karole, but the event girl is up to 11 shards from two 10x draws, with a 3rd 10x draw netting only cash. I already had one of the girls so I need only grind for the one, but if I needed to get both it would get very costly.

I have a potentially interesting observation.

3 months in, I have 47 girls, all acquired under the old system.  Under the new system I have 42 shards, spread across 3 girls (2 villain, 1 event) and which were earned from 8 'hits' of a total of 88 fights.

NONE of those hits, full girl or shards, have ever happened on the 1st or last fight of the session!  I usually burn as many combativity points as a boss needs to level up in each session, or a multiple of that number.  (e.g. 10 or 20 for the Dark Lord, 7 or 14 for Edwarda, etc.)  Also, other than overnight or before an event I rarely accumulate many combativity points before I use them, so the majority of the time these sessions are equivalent to advancing 1 level (5 to 10 each).

That's a WHOLE bunch of sessions for there to have never been a hit on the 1st or last!  (5384 total fights BTW.)

It's very odd luck, unless others have seen the same thing...

On 2/13/2019 at 4:11 AM, Zanko said:

More bothersome that they included the event girls for this part of the update... especially so late in this current Valentine's Event...

I couldn't agree more!  You'd think they would've been more patient for just one day.  This might've cost me a chance to get Val Mala in my Adrian'smole account.  I'd never have been able to accumulate enough shards to 'win her over' in the time I had left, even if I did waste my kobans trying for her with refills.  Still, in more than compensation I managed to recruit Val Mavin in that account so good news overall since it is know-how.

Having said that, after only 2 rounds (40 performances) I have Val Abrael on 75 shards in my Peckerbird account, the one account where I didn't get both girls last time.  So I have a great expectation of winning her love in the time left.  I'm keen to see what a win means for the display animation.  I suspect that truly exciting thing (for me anyway), the descending black silhouette of the girl recruited, will be no more and, if so, I'll not only be in mourning, but I may actually reconsider whether I continue playing.  That drop animation was the primary reason for me remaining hooked on the game and, with this gone(?) I can leave it with few regrets.

The other problem I have is that the element of surprise has now gone; I had previously won girls on my very first try or I had gone through an entire event without being successful.  That's the luck of the draw and a fun part of the game in all its unpredictability.  With the new system how about the possibility (remote that it might be) of gaining 75-100 shards from one hit?  This brings in a kind of jackpot novelty into the new game and removes the aspect of boring predictability as the girl's attraction rises to a certainty that she'll join my harem.

I'm not that fussed on the girl thermometer, or (in my case) the progress bar, either.  We get the girl to 100 shards, then what?  Nothing really exciting I expect.  There needs to be a new animation sequence that restores the excitement of a shadowy girl drop.  I made a suggestion in another topic that we have a shadowy girl coming towards us until she gives us a fantastic pouty kiss (really close up), then shinks back, flirting as she goes, until she assumes her final pose.  It would have to be a generic girl because imagine the time and cost of artwork for each individual girl we could recruit.  The actual girl would be the one she merges back into after she's kissed us.  However, something needs to be done to restore interest and the thrill of this aspect of the game.  Alternatively, how about just restoring the original drop sequence?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, snowman22 said:

What math is it just took me 623 fights to get Val Red Battler. If was not on sale to buy villain attacks would never have got her this event. I pretty sure will not get the other one cause spent way to much Koban on first one. I spent 3000 Koban to get one "f"ing girl with new system never spent half that much in old system without the sale.

Edited by Pimpen

13 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

With the new system how about the possibility (remote that it might be) of gaining 75-100 shards from one hit?

There is still that possibility. Someone on the forum previously accumulated upto around 70 attraction from 169 battles and then in the 170th battle received the 100 attraction points.

2 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

There is still that possibility. Someone on the forum previously accumulated upto around 70 attraction from 169 battles and then in the 170th battle received the 100 attraction points. 

Wow!  Oh, I did get x15 shards for her three times in a row.  x45 shards in three successive tries was a good break, but x30 in one try is impressive, but not on the level I was advocating.  All the same it does trend in the right direction.  In another hour I'll get a chance to see if this happens to me.