Champions

jaysen

6 hours ago, miliallia said:

I am sorry to use this topic to ask my question because I don't see relating topic. My question is I got trouser from Visor but I have rainbow and I don't know what piece is better between them. Could you help me choose it?

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

In this case there isn't a lot of difference in strength. The rainbow utem gives you an increase of 190 ego (I did a quick calculation in my head, so I could be off the mark a little bit), and you will gain 1174 defense against HC, 1124.5 defense against KH and 1149.25 defense against CH. You lose 1370 attack. Harmony is not that important. As a charm player, I think you should use the rainbow item, because it makes your specialty better. In practice every specialty will prosper with more rainbow items.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, miliallia said:

I am sorry to use this topic to ask my question because I don't see relating topic. My question is I got trouser from Visor but I have rainbow and I don't know what piece is better between them. Could you help me choose it?

From what i can see you keep only one item for each slot and sell everything else. That's just wrong, both mono and rainbow items are good now and can be useful depending on which opponent/champion you fight. You should keep both types of equipment for each slot, and figure out when it's better to use one or the other.

Edited by Daniele
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my last girl today from visor - to get them all I needed to finish 5, 8, 6, 8, 7, 1 stages - now, it seems to be farming mostly alban and visor

edit: Visor was really kind, he had (of course) the 0 defense bug and matched 4 charm poses, took him only five hits to defeat me - I never have seen so many (worthless) crits

Edited by blaa

Getting kind of grindy.

1. Save 40 tickets (3-4 days).
  2. Fight Alban (1-2 days)(use 38-48 tickets).
  3. Sell the worthless rainbow or put the worthless background on top of my pile of backgrounds.
  4. Mutter bad words.
  5. Go to step 1.

I have done the loop 27 times so far. The thrill is definitely fading.

On the plus side I am wearing his pants. I like them. They give me a sorta Homer Simpson x Aladdin vibe. :P

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, helioskaizer said:

Hi, i need to know one thing.  can i gain draft intents in champions? or just i use all and spend kobans too.

Once you've used them, you can't gain more drafts until you clear a stage, no. They are only generated when you first reach a stage, equal to the number of girls in your harem divided by 10

• Like 1

Sometimes this game is really strange.

I ended  a little less than an hour ago my last turn with the champions. As in all the past occurrences, I fought all the champions at once. And this was the turn of phase 5 of each champion.

Just a week ago, in this post, answering to @jelom I made a rough hypothesis about my next battles with the champions, the ones I just ended. Luckily for me, that hypotesis was largely overestimated. I was able to clear all the phase 5 I fought with only 70 tickets : 5 for Romero 6.5,  7 for Whaty 5.5, 8 for Matsuda 4.5, 12 for Ryu 3.5, 16 for Visor 2.5, and finally 22 for Alban 1.5. In consideration of the fact I thought I would have to use more than twice those amount of tickets, I think I can say one more time with good reason that using math to better play this game is not for me, as something in the math of the game still escapes me, and I am prone to think I will be never able to catch it.

Anyways, the last news are still good for me. In this other post, more than two months ago, I admitted the luck I had with the champions in my last "phase 5 turn", when I obtained three girls at the same time. Seems like this time I had the tail of that luck, because Albane dropped from Matsuda:

blob.thumb.png.79457a32ed66cc14d749a836e48f48ca.png

I found quite curious that the only champion girls that I have still to obtain are the first and the last, or, in other words (given the challenge rating of their respective champions) the supposedly easiest and hardest to obtain. With any probability I am already strong enough to obtain Dameda (no matter if at stage 7 or 8, at my champion fight rate I will need a few months anyway), the main champion matter for me now is how much I will have to sweat on Alban before Shtupra finally decide to drop.

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

As in all the past occurrences, I fought all the champions at once. And this was the turn of phase 5 of each champion.

Can I ask why you do this? It seems very strange to me for a free player to ignore the steady gains from doing it over time, using the rewards from one champion to improve their strength for the next. Not to mention the loss of up to 3 free tickets per day.

15 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Can I ask why you do this? It seems very strange to me for a free player to ignore the steady gains from doing it over time, using the rewards from one champion to improve their strength for the next. Not to mention the loss of up to 3 free tickets per day.

Sure, although probably you won't agree with my motivations.

First, let me be more specific. At present I have decided that I will fight all the champions at once for two times every seven levels of experience I gain, until I receive all the rewards for the single champions. This means that I will stop to fight a champion when I clear his stage 8.5 to save tickets for the other champions (unless when I get to that point I will realize that I have enough ticket to continue as I am doing now). In numbers, yesterday I was level 374 (I passed to 375 this morning, I had to wait the weekend because I don't have enough time during week to fight the champions due to the 15 minutes wait between tickets) and fought a round of champions, tomorrow I will fight another round, then I will wait until I attain level 381 (or, to be exact, the first weekend after that level up).

I decided to use this progression for three reasons:

• with this progression, I will attain level 500 exactly when I will fight Alban 8.5: this also gives me time to build my stats and possibly avoid needing a ton of tickets for every single champion.
  • fighting champions every seven levels gives enough margin to have a reasonable probability that in phases 1-4 of each champion, the equipment that drops will be good enough to replace something that I already have (obviously if I am lucky enough to not get equipment of the same slot from every champion I fight). In my champions fighting experience, up to now I had to sell the majority of rainbow equipment they dropped because it was not good enough to replace something I already had, and often this applied to the case when they dropped a non rainbow equipment in comparison to the ones I have put aside in my inventory should they become useful in the future.
  • I already mentioned the third reason, which is the time needed to fight a champion. This also takes into account the fact that fighting them in one session, starting a battle with the next champion immediately after the previous one has ended reduces the negative effect of having to wait 15 minutes between one battle and the next (especially if one doesn't use the skip button). Moreover in this way, despite the general slowness, I am able to bring forward all the champions, a thing that I consider an advantage.

About the last thing you mentioned, the loss of three free tickets per day: probably before I never had the chance to say this, but I don't feel that as a loss. In my humble opinion, the three free tickets a day are nothing but a lure to catch players and make them fall into the trap of the champions daily lost impression, to force them to buy kobans and use them to reach the end of the champion phase to not lose the accumulated progress. Given that one receives the free tickets only if he has less than 10 tickets, and that tickets are obtained also from three other sources, as soon as I realized those conditions I quickly resolved that I wouldn't have had the time for that like of required ticket micromanagement, and the line of behaviour I explained above took place.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Just as a quick note; you do know that the champion levels start at 0, right? so 8.5 is actually a full level after you get the final special reward.

He has seemingly decided to label the stages differently than everybody else does, given this earlier comment:

On 11/9/2019 at 5:01 AM, Observer_X said:

I was able to clear all the phase 5 I fought with only 70 tickets : 5 for Romero 6.5,  7 for Whaty 5.5, 8 for Matsuda 4.5, 12 for Ryu 3.5, 16 for Visor 2.5, and finally 22 for Alban 1.5.

Based on the screenshot, that was the Alban stage more commonly known as 0-5, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:38 PM, Observer_X said:

About the last thing you mentioned, the loss of three free tickets per day: probably before I never had the chance to say this, but I don't feel that as a loss. In my humble opinion, the three free tickets a day are nothing but a lure to catch players and make them fall into the trap of the champions daily lost impression, to force them to buy kobans and use them to reach the end of the champion phase to not lose the accumulated progress. Given that one receives the free tickets only if he has less than 10 tickets, and that tickets are obtained also from three other sources, as soon as I realized those conditions I quickly resolved that I wouldn't have had the time for that like of required ticket micromanagement, and the line of behaviour I explained above took place.

My approach is to optimize cash per ticket, so I actually swear by daily impression decreases. Why progress at all after you get a girl?

• The lower level-stage the champion is, the more money you get per ticket.
  • The above also allows you to optimize money farming by stopping at a stage that has a good rotation. I stopped progressing Visor on a stage where he has 0 matching poses for his girl, now he yields me the most cash per ticket. Thanks, regular impression decreases.
  • Fighting whenever you have available tickets is a lot less stressful and takes a lot less micromanagement than having to babysit every reset to finish a champion (let a lone 6 champions) in a day.
  • 3 extra tickets per day = good extra daily cash injection.
  • There comes a point when daily decreases between all 6 champions offset daily progress you can make. Good! Let money farming commence!

I'm currently grinding Alban for Shtupra. So what if his impression decreases daily? He'll move to the next stage eventually and I get a lot of money while at it, because he's actually a damn good piñata, at least at lower levels. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sefiroth
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sefiroth said:

My approach is to optimize cash per ticket, so I actually swear by daily impression decreases. Why progress at all after you get a girl?

• The lower level-stage the champion is, the more money you get per ticket.
  • The above also allows you to optimize money farming by stopping at a stage that has a good rotation. I stopped progressing Visor on a stage where he has 0 matching poses for his girl, now he yields me the most cash per ticket. Thanks, regular impression decreases.
  • Fighting whenever you have available tickets is a lot less stressful and takes a lot less micromanagement than having to babysit every reset to finish a champion (let a lone 6 champions) in a day.
  • 3 extra tickets per day = good extra daily cash injection.
  • There comes a point when daily decreases between all 6 champions offset daily progress you can make. Good! Let money farming commence!

I'm currently grinding Alban for Shtupra. So what if his impression decreases daily? He'll move to the next stage eventually and I get a lot of money while at it, because he's actually a damn good piñata, at least at lower levels. 🤷‍♂️

You're welcome, but for now I am not reasoning in terms of obtaining money, but in terms of obtaining all the champions rewards (as worthless as some are) and upgrade equipments inbetween. For now the money that champion drops is (for me) a (much welcome) addition. Should things change in some way, I may rethink things, but for now, I am satisfied enough of my progress with the champions. Especially since (which I could not say before the second round of battles, which were fought yesterday) I have nearly half the tickets I had accumulated before starting the first round, so at least for the moment the amount of tickets is not a problem.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:50 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

Once you've used them, you can't gain more drafts until you clear a stage, no. They are only generated when you first reach a stage, equal to the number of girls in your harem divided by 10

Late reply, but I've just noticed this post when this thread popped up. You actually can get additional free drafts for a champion stage after it started, if you add enough new girls to your harem. It happened to me at some point, I had 39 girls when I started a stage, so 3 free drafts, but once I got my 40th girl, I got a 4th free draft after the fact.

Of course, it's pretty specific and getting up to 10 new girls during a stage is easier said than done, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Late reply, but I've just noticed this post when this thread popped up. You actually can get additional free drafts for a champion stage after it started, if you add enough new girls to your harem. It happened to me at some point, I had 39 girls when I started a stage, so 3 free drafts, but once I got my 40th girl, I got a 4th free draft after the fact.

Of course, it's pretty specific and getting up to 10 new girls during a stage is easier said than done, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

As far as I can remember (apart the demonstrated fact that sometimes my memory is a colander) this has not being pointed out before, so although it may be a detail, is good to know anyways.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:00 AM, Observer_X said:

You're welcome, but for now I am not reasoning in terms of obtaining money, but in terms of obtaining all the champions rewards (as worthless as some are) and upgrade equipments inbetween. For now the money that champion drops is (for me) a (much welcome) addition. Should things change in some way, I may rethink things, but for now, I am satisfied enough of my progress with the champions. Especially since (which I could not say before the second round of battles, which were fought yesterday) I have nearly half the tickets I had accumulated before starting the first round, so at least for the moment the amount of tickets is not a problem.

I think you would find a better result per ticket used by focusing in Morning Wood House first with what you deem to be enough tickets to finish it, for two reasons:

1. You don't have the girl yet, plus it's on a high level, so you will get an extra income boost when you get her, on top of the rest.
2. It's the easiest boss (when comparing all at the same level) so you should be able to finish a run there in one day, which means you can continue to accumulate tickets for the remainder.

You'll still be on track to get the equipment boosts and everything else on essentially the same schedule, but you should increase your income significantly over that time with the extra girl, which will also help your stats, and eventually the number of free redrafts you get.

Good luck either way.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:52 AM, Sefiroth said:

While I can see the logic behind that approach, I suspect that's going to make things very slow for you if you're unfortunate enough to need 6+ runs through Alban to get Shtupra. My Alban 6-5 yesterday was tough enough that the daily decay would have amounted to 5 tickets worth of impression, i.e. all the minimum guaranteed tickets one can get per day (3 free + 2 arena). And even before that final stage, the other stages at level 6 were all around 3 tickets worth of decay.

• Like 1