Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

Rotation #0149 (2020/08/05 - 01:00 CET): Rize, Nikki Nova and Marie.

Got an avatar.

Note: Two of these girls were released on July 29th. That's a few days after we first noticed post-MP girls showing up in a rotation (July 26th). This suggests that they did more than simply updating the pool at a certain point as we assumed so far (sometime between late May and late July). Along with the recent Nutaku incident to which we owe the current fast rotation, it's plausible that they simply flicked a switch to automatically add any released girl to the pool...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Note: Two of these girls were released on July 29th. That's a few days after we first noticed post-MP girls showing up in a rotation (July 26th). This suggests that they did more than simply updating the pool at a certain point as we assumed so far (sometime between late May and late July). Along with the recent Nutaku incident to which we owe the current fast rotation, it's plausible that they simply flicked a switch to automatically add any released girl to the pool...

That's an interesting and important observation. Mythic Pachinko was supposed to be a chance to get older girls, but now it's just a giant pool of every possible girl. And with new additions of the last few months it's no longer a very enticing pool of girls.
Speaking of which, will they also add new avatars? Because I'm now down to just 52 avatars there. Never expected myself to get to this low point, but I feel like I'm close to the moment when there will be no more avatars for me there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

Mythic Pachinko was supposed to be a chance to get older girls, but now it's just a giant pool of every possible girl

I don't remember reading Kinkoid say it was ever about that. In the release patch for it, they even said it would have every girl. That might've been how you saw it, but I don't think that was ever the design intent. The best I can think is that it was meant to make it so a player wouldn't have to wait a year for another chance at the girl, but that applies to the new girls just as much as the old ones.

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

Speaking of which, will they also add new avatars?

God I hope not. I'd much rather get more actually usable resources. Even legendary jujubes has more use now that there's things that care about selling items.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Rotation #0149 (2020/08/05 - 01:00 CET): Rize, Nikki Nova and Marie.

Got an avatar.

Although Mythic was released prior to last year's Sports Revival but included those girls from the start, too.

That being said, the test server's rotations featured Anniversary Fairy yesterday. However, it's possible that she, the two perms we got on HH and Nutaku's mystery girl have also just been part of a "queue" of girls that were already scheduled for release at the time they updated the Mythic pool. Gonna be a little while longer before we can be sure whether additions are now instantaneous.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Although Mythic was released prior to last year's Sports Revival but included those girls from the start, too.

Not really. As you said, it was a revival. All of those girls had already been in the game for over two years when they launched Mythic Pachinko. ^^

29 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Gonna be a little while longer before we can be sure whether additions are now instantaneous.

Agreed. But I already have a fairly strong hunch, let's say.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Not really. As you said, it was a revival.

My bad, I got that mixed up in my mind with the avatars from that revival. Those were definitely not released yet but were part of the Mythic straight away. (As soon as they were released a few days later, I mean, unlike all subsequent avatars.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

So, looking at it from a Kinkoid perspective... The guy in charge of updating the avatar pool clicked the button only once, a few days after MP's launch, then forgot about it forever (hopefully ^^). The one in charge of updating the girl pool forgot about it for 8 months, then remembered and finally clicked it as well.

My best guess right now is that they have an "update automatically" option near the button, and that the avatar one was left unchecked, whereas the girl one was activated. It's impossible to know what they actually wanted to do in either case, but that works to our advantage as of now, at least. ^^