Mythic Pachinko

DvDivXXX

33 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

No. But it raises your chances of getting books or boosters to Nutaku players' level. :)

If this was your very first girl drop from MPx1 spins, you had a pretty bad run indeed. Welcome to the club! ^^

It wasn't first, I tried it 2-3 times before and it was usually less than 40 orbs

36 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

The odds of getting a girl with a MPx1 orb is small. I think it was ~0.5% if I remember correctly, not more than 1% for sure.

Yeah, I've seen posts mentioning that its 0.5%-1%, but after reading this thread for some time it seemed like chance usually evens out to be higher than initially implied(?), if so many people can get girl from 50 attempts or less
1/400 would be be 0.25%, 0.5% would mean once every 200 pulls so I miss out even on most pessimistic assertions 😅

Edited by Joker555
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Joker555 said:

Yeah, I've seen posts mentioning that its 0.5%-1%, but after reading this thread for some time it seemed like chance usually evens out to be higher than initially implied(?), if so many people can get girl from 50 attempts or less
1/400 would be be 0.25%, 0.5% would mean once every 200 pulls so I miss out even on most pessimistic assertions 😅

The problem is that the geometric distribution is not very intuitive, and to go by anecdotal success stories can lead to some misunderstandings.

Take the 10% rate of success that is generally assumed for event girl shard drops from the villains. It does mean that the average time until a drop occurs is 10 battles, but it's not symmetrical, e.g. the likelihood that any given drop occurs on the 5th battle is totally different (much higher) than the likelihood of it occurring on the 15th battle. That has the interesting implication that about half of all shard drops are happening within 7 battles, not within 10 as one might be inclined to assume. Within 10 battles you're actually getting about 65% of all drops to occur.

The thing here is that the "tail" is very long. Long bad-luck streaks are rare, but when they do happen they make up for a lot of drops that happened in under 10 battles. (E.g. 4 drops in 5 battles each and 1 drop in 30 battles = 5 drops in 50 battles = perfectly average, but with 4 "lucky" ones and just 1 "unlucky".) There's only limited room for a drop to be lucky - you can't get it in less than 1 battle, or 9 battles faster than the average - but the scope of an unlucky run is potentially unlimited.

So that's what needs to be kept in mind when reading this thread with all its "got the girl in 30 / 40 / 50 orbs" reports. The true average (whatever it is) is dragged up massively by those rare and unfortunate runs like the one you have had.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

The odds of getting a girl with a MPx1 orb is small. I think it was ~0.5% if I remember correctly, not more than 1% for sure.

there isnt any valid data so far, some data hint for a drop rate around 2%, probably it's something in between 0,5-2%

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

*snip*

Yeah, I understand how it goes. In most games I played I was able to surprise people with how long my unfortunate streaks can be. And indeed assuming to get "average" is wishful thinking. Usually games with mechanics that involve something like *gacha* fix it by implementing petty timer. Unfortunately there is no such thing in this game from what I've seen 

18 hours ago, _shal_ said:

The thing here is that the "tail" is very long. Long bad-luck streaks are rare, but when they do happen they make up for a lot of drops that happened in under 10 battles.

Well said post in general, but today's Mythic spins really underscore your point for me personally. I have been certainly lucky in the past and received more than one x100 shard drop, so I have had my fair share of lady luck with HH. Today I was banking on that luck with 80 saved up MPx1 orbs, hoping to get one of the two girls available (Bunny or Eugenie). Instead, I got a mix of boosters, books and avatars! 

Regression to the mean will always be a thing, so I can't feel too bad when it happens to me :) 

Good post Shal.

• Like 4

I have been waiting a very long time for Golden Bunny to be available again in the MP (or otherwise).

My first intention was like @DvDivXXX to wait until tomorrow, in case there is an Pachinko Daily Contest.

But when I realized that today's contest also rewards 50k points for getting an new girl, I decided to get right at it as well.

I started with 73 orbs:

MP-Waitress-Eugenie.png.71d87f83af28e0dc19e1d9aaecf7b5e4.png

MP-Golden-Bunny.png.58058415a85c74f48761962794b44158.png

I would have had enough 3x and 6x MP orbs to any way get Bunny and even Eugenie if necessary, but I'm very happy that I finally got Golden Bunny and only needed 1x MP to get her! :)

• Like 7

Wow, I will start to think that they will come easier when one has enough orbs to obtain them anyway... she dropped after four avatars, one book and one booster, leaving 109 x1 Orbs to spare:

immagine.png.eb59589beec18ea13fc95460f36e0cf9.png

Well, now that finally she is in my harem, I will need some good rotations to obtain more girls... but first I will need to put aside a ton more orbs.

• Like 7

Like many here I had Golden Bunny and Waitress Eugenie in my available girls. I seldom have any let alone 2, and I had 142x1,  3x3, and 6x6 MyP orbs so off I went.

49 x1 to drop both girls. B| Skill, all skill.

That is getting close to epic x1 rates.

I will prepare myself for a no-whine bad luck streak.

I dream of getting Elina in the rotation. She is at 99 shards in my partials list (doh!). I have saved an x3 with her name on it almost since MyP began.

Just an aside. MyP x1 is sorta like playing the main game pre-shard. The old, pre-shard 100 drop rate was similar to the current MyP x1 drop rate. With PoP, Seasons, POA, etc as sources of MyP x1 orbs you get about 3 - 9 a day so that is like 1.5 - 4.5 hours of pre-shard game play.

• Like 7

Same thing for me : Golden Bunny and Waitress Eugenie in my available girls. So let's start :

Free spin : book.

After 64 orbs MPx1, I got Golden Bunny and after 84 more orbs MPx1 (total: 148), I also got Waitress Eugenie.

In the process, I also got:

• Books: 65
  • Ginseng: 40
  • Chlorella: 25
  • Cordyceps: 13
  • Jujubes: 3
  • Like 6