15.06 until 22.06: Legendary Contests

Mario Kinkoid

22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for the support, guys, it's much appreciated. I'll work on making a dedicated thread so as to not derail this one further, and do the main topic of my previous post justice.

It's done. For those interested in this subject, if I may have a moment of your time, I would much appreciate a visit to the new topic linked below. Many thanks in advance, and please continue with the LC-related feedback in this here thread. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Okay, it looks like there are several more problems with this type of event:
1) The event checks harem availability to determine which type of bracket a player is sorted into. If they haven't claimed their reward shards they will again be sorted into a shard bracket.
2) In attempt solve (1) the end time for legendary contests is 30 minutes earlier than the regular one. Not only is this not a solution as a lot of people may be unable to or simply forget to claim their reward in that 30 minute window. It also affects planning if a player hasn't noticed that it ends at a different time than usual.
3) Not a new problem, but again I'm sorted into a large bracket, this time 63 players instead. This also additionally illustrates how (2) fails to solve anything.  Assuming the same player pool as previous day (since my level range hasn't changed), then it shows that from out of 4 guaranteed winners and 6-21 potentials, only 1-2 average players per bracket have claimed their reward in the 30 minute window before the new contest. I purposefully didn't claim my 50 shards to see what will happen.

All of the above means that ideal-scenario calculations will be very far from real-world performance. It's very likely that less than 40% of participants will be able to obtain the girl.

image.png.610e081a3aa488865c2a11f5be4111ed.png

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Okay, it looks like there are several more problems with this type of event:
1) The event checks harem availability to determine which type of bracket a player is sorted into. If they haven't claimed their reward shards they will again be sorted into a shard bracket.
2) In attempt solve (1) the end time for legendary contests is 30 minutes earlier than the regular one. Not only is this not a solution as a lot of people may be unable to or simply forget to claim their reward in that 30 minute window. It also affects planning if a player hasn't noticed that it ends at a different time than usual.
3) Not a new problem, but again I'm sorted into a large bracket, this time 63 players instead. This also additionally illustrates how (2) fails to solve anything.  Assuming the same player pool as previous day (since my level range hasn't changed), then it shows that from out of 4 guaranteed winners and 6-21 potentials, only 1-2 average players per bracket have claimed their reward in the 30 minute window before the new contest. I purposefully didn't claim my 50 shards to see what will happen.

All of the above means that ideal-scenario calculations will be very far from real-world performance. It's very likely that less than 40% of participants will be able to obtain the girl.

image.png.610e081a3aa488865c2a11f5be4111ed.png

some reactions from discord:

image.png.7e5b03af2659811cec815efb452dea5d.png

image.png.1042ce6d513d163f0551ef2cf1973f75.png

and yet is is there, as already observed by other players there.

• Thinking 1

I find this kiind of event timer a bit misleading:

image.png.8ff6f8046034054402cb2b2e71f61a2a.png

Yes, the entire event lasts that long.

Yes, the introduction of this timer was very great.

Well, I would like to have two timers in it: the current contest and the overall event - if that is not possible, I  - atm - think the daily counter would be better. 

On the other hand the overall timer says "after that goes nothing".

Difficult.

1 hour ago, windia said:

image.png.8ff6f8046034054402cb2b2e71f61a2a.png

Yes, the entire event lasts that long.

Yes, the introduction of this timer was very great.

Take it easy.

"Test period: from 18/06 to 22/06"

It's a test, and it's scheduled to end by the date announced.

It won't help much if we're constantly worried/pointing out the obvious.

21 minutes ago, gasgar said:

Where is the link or the place to access the legendary contest? I have been online for the last 72 hours, I have already tried to log out and I do not have access to the contest.
Could someone clarify it for me?

It is currently only on the test server. It is not on the live server.

• Thanks 1

So it looks like that once you get 100 shards or more, then unclaimed contests change to the orb rewards. It still doesn't account for the fact that I played in a shard bracket originally though. I failed to notice whether I was switched to a different bracket for the current day (which had already started) after I claimed the shards. I suspect I'm still in the same contest with players who don't have the girl yet and it's only my personal rewards that are different.

13 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

So it looks like that once you get 100 shards or more, then unclaimed contests change to the orb rewards. It still doesn't account for the fact that I played in a shard bracket originally though. I failed to notice whether I was switched to a different bracket for the current day (which had already started) after I claimed the shards. I suspect I'm still in the same contest with players who don't have the girl yet and it's only my personal rewards that are different.

You'll still be in the same bracket; the contest rewards update dynamically on an individual basis, but the brackets are set once generated.. Definitely more than a few kinks in the system to work through before it goes live 😑

Whether they'll fix them in time and whether it goes live regardless of the issues, though...

Hello everyone and thank you very much for your feedbacks! Thanks to you, we were able to solve some issues and rebalance this new feature before the Legendary Contests release on the prod server :)

Here is the list ofthe fixed issues:

• If a player has won the girl without claiming her, the Contest of the day after were still showing shards to get for this girl during the next Contest(s)
  • The number of shards displayed during the Contests 2, 3 and 4 were wrong: the daily Contest showed the number of shards obtained the day before + the number of shards you would get if you won the actual Contest
  • For some objectives, the text was overlapping the points
  • A new group has been created for levels 360-400, and for levels 400+
  • The "usual" Contests didn't appear after the Legendary Contests

We would also like to share with you the details on the survey regarding the Legendary Contests tests:

How do you like the mechanics of the event?

Capture 1.JPG

1 = Not at all
5 = Very much!

How do you find the navigation in the event?

Capture 2.JPG

1 = I'm lost
5 = It's easy to get it

How do you find the visuals of the event?

Capture 3.JPG

1 = Ugly
5 = Beautiful

How satisfied are you with the event overall?

Capture 4.JPG

1 = Not at all
5 = Very satisfied

How do you find the difficulty of this event?

Capture 5.JPG

1 = Not difficult at all
5 = Very difficult

How do you find the rewards of this event?

Capture 6.JPG

1 = Not enough
5 = Rewards are great

The last period of test will start from Wednesday, 24.06.
This is your last chance to test the Legendary Contests before the release on prod server!

Thank you for your participation!

• Thanks 8

3 hours ago, Lola Kinkoid said:
  • If a player has won the girl without claiming her, the Contest of the day after were still showing shards to get for this girl during the next Contest(s)

Does that mean that the brackets are shared and the only difference is what rewards are shown to each player ? 
I.e. different players in the same bracket can see either shards or orbs, depending on whether they have the girl or not. Because during the previous test that was a possible occurrence, but the fix you described indicates reward update only, not bracket re-sorting.

Edited by LanceHardwood

@Lola Kinkoid Thanks a lot for interacting with the community on this and taking our feedback seriously! 👍  FYI and as an addition to your survey:

image.thumb.png.eaca45c6fdffd5b6a925ee92ab9a5e78.png

The rather positive feedback to the question "How do you like the mechanics of the event?" might be too generalized and therefore misleading. Here's why:
- Do I like having a new 5 star legendary coming? Yeah!
- Do I like having 4 different ways/chances to obtain such important girl in quick succession? Sure!
- Do I like the idea of getting a girl potentially much cheaper than I would in Pachinko or from Villains? Sign me up!
- Do I like it that once I have the girl, there's something else worth aiming for (useful MP orbs instead of just legendary gifts or books)? Yes, baby!
- Do I like that there's no cap on how much I might need to spend to get the girl? Wait... no, not at all!
- Do I like the idea that by winning the girl I effectively take the chance of getting her away from a fellow player? Hell no!!!
- Do I like the risk that such new mechanics might be abused later on when limiting the best girls only to the biggest of whales? Oh god no, no, NO, NOOOOO! (and that's coming from a top 15 whale that won't have any trouble getting them).

So yeah, I still feel like this whole thing is a bad idea and shouldn't be continued on. I love new ideas and variation, but please let's stick to the model of abundance (everyone can get a girl with the right amount of Kobans) and not allow any model of zero-sum game (by design, it's impossible for everyone to get a girl). Thanks for reading.

Edited by Z-Wave
  • Like 11

IMO, LC would be awesome as contests during the normal Legendary Days... no need to be a 5-star girl... that will be the event, the contest would be a way to (possibly) get an extra girl (there's also usually a class problem with the girls available, so this could be a way to set that even or compensate?).

Anyway, one way or another, let's have a go at it!

• Like 2

Well i must say that if i watch their feedback i'm in the minority that don't like this idea so i guess i'll have no choice than accept the things how they are, and try (even if still i don't know if i can afford a try, without losing way too much, for an ephemeral victory, the risk to lose a lot and win nothing is way too big). Only one thing i must say thank you "whales" like you @Z-Wave that instead of saying : " take a knee peasant" still care about us "humble" players, making this a really beautiful community :)

Best regards and have fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Well i must say that if i watch their feedback i'm in the minority that don't like this idea so i guess i'll have no choice than accept the things how they are, and try (even if still i don't know if i can afford a try, without losing way too much, for an ephemeral victory, the risk to lose a lot and win nothing is way too big). Only one thing i must say thank you "whales" like you @Z-Wave that instead of saying : " take a knee peasant" still care about us "humble" players, making this a really beautiful community :)

Best regards and have fun

Tbh I dont see how we're in the minority. The only person I've seen that likes this would probably be Jelom, since he's won D3 like 35 times so he literally doesnt care, he's a top spender :D I'm more surprised with how much KK has been getting BTFOd with feedback about how what they're doing is bad for weeks now and yet they keep going with what they want with little regard for what we've said. That callous attitude isnt giving me much confidence that I'll stick for the long run now, since it's been continuously getting worse and worse for a long time now...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Čamuga said:

The only person I've seen that likes this would probably be Jelom, since he's won D3 like 35 times so he literally doesnt care, he's a top spender

You are wrong, I don't really like it, but I see it as grey instead of pitch black as many comments about this legendary contests have stated. I take all new features the devs have introduced and try to get the best result, even if I don't like them. And I am not a big spender if you think of real money, I am F2P.

• Like 2

Possibly this has been covered already but I found it very confusing that I went to the orbs bracket for day 2. In the end I reckoned that Solaria & Umbria must have dropped in Pachinko when I did 50 orbs in succession. Some sort of already in your harem message would have helped.

Hello everyone,

@Z-Wave, thank you for your feedback. We'll report it to the other teams :)

News : the tech team finalized their test. A new period of test for Legendary Contest will begin today, 13:00 (UTC +2). You can test the Contest one last time during 2 days, until Thursday, 25.06, 13:00 (UTC +2), release hour on prod server.
This last test will allow us to check if bugs have been fixed :)
On 25.06 at 13:00, the Legendary Contest will begin again on test server, and will be also available on prod server.

Summary of Legendary Contest on test server:
23.06, 13:00 : Contest n° 1
24.06, 13:00 : Contest n° 2
25.06, 13:00 : new Contest n° 1
26.06, 13:00 : new Contest n° 2
27.06, 13:00 : new Contest n° 3
28.06, 13:00 : new Contest n° 4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm wondering, how much feedback do they need to take out this PvP event or at least increase the odds further ? The way it is now it's still going to be a Koban bidding war on the live server, akin to an auction. Whoever can get the most refreshes on arena/bosses etc.  will get the win, it's that simple.

Edited by LanceHardwood

Quick question: What do they consider getting tested?

All my test accounts are either dead or have the current LC girl already. So I'm one of I don't know how many that cannot test e.g. the correct switch to the  other bracket type due to "having 100 unclaimed shards but girl not in harem" . (which is very crucial and was bugged in last test session)

At least I see only orb rewards, so I assume what ever girl, I have her as one of 142 girls in harem

• Like 1

I would also like to pose the ignorant question: what does it exactly mean to be active in the last 72 hours to have access to the contest? In other words, is there a "threshold of absence", i.e. a number of consecutive (or not?) hours offline from the game to not exceed to be able to compete in the legendary contest? And, if yes, how many hours are we talking about? I may have browsed a little quick, but it seems to me that no one had stressed this detail.

• Like 1