I must keep way to much data. I know what they go to and what they look like

Potions of Lust image.png.71481491489072777efec222191e8f40.png used in PoV

Potions of Erection image.png.525edd2a6da7c0c00ebbd5188c098d9d.png used in PoG

Potions of Endurance image.png.47193303b568f1ff929d22108cae14d1.png used in BB (they may be renaming to Desire as this was named Endurance last time I checked)

Potions of Penetration image.png.034e00cad1d7d836ac1e0b49bed11af9.png used in DP

Edited by Yamiray
  • Thanks 6

34 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

Nice (end of) DST bug this time, unlimited free pachinko rolls between 12am CET and 1pm CET.

Will for sure fuck up the last contest of CCbC.

Came here to say this. 

I'm not going to try to exploit it though, since I'm worried we'll be punished for it somehow, despite it being their mistake. 

Edit: Oh and, Daily Goals is broken too. I have a pachinko task and a sell items task, tried spinning the pachinko and got a +0 to daily goals, then tried selling some items and got a +0 for that too.

Edited by Inuzuka
  • Like 3

Same but I was in the top 4 of the CCbC and I have to either forfeit it or exploit the bug a little to stay in top 4. 😕

Was planning to do some ymen paid x1 rolls of GG pachinko but since I need to check the contests scores from time to time...

And I suppose I already see abusers in my bracket, someone got from outside of top 10 to top 1 with 200k points in 20 minutes... and continues to gain points by leaps of 1560.

Edited by mdnoria

It is indeed extremely bad timing with this CCbC and the bug. I also see one person now climbing the ladder rapidly, and of course suspecting a bug abuse, while it could be just a regular sniper (if you can even call it like that 15 minutes before reset).

... checked back, yes this cost me 1st position. Already 100k above previous 1st, still climbing.

... I will take 2nd with GPx10. I do not expect this being retrospectively fixed (the contest results/rewards), but if so, I want to be prepared we 2nd.

Edited by Horsting

It seems over on GH there are also some players who are abusing the "Free Pachinko spins"-bug to score extremely high points in the current new Cumback Contest.

1st place in my bracket has now ridiculously high points compared to 2nd to 4th place. Gonna screenshot it just to be sure.

Yep, another player appeared at the top of my score and also climbing within the last minute very fast. So I have two cases where I suspect bug abuse to win the contest. Is it now right to report them, also to spread a general reminder to everyone that abusing obvious bugs is not okay, or shall I stay calm, take the 3rd position, and not snitch on others 🤔.

In my bracket I suspect either only 1st and 2nd place because they really have very high points and came out of nowhere or even 3rd place as well.

I was 1st for two thirds of the contest run and the two players behind me (now 5th and 6th) also were on 2nd and 3rd for that long.

It is one thing if you used the free Pachinko twice or thrice because you wanted to get rid of the "!"-remark and at first didn't realize it's bugged or if you clicked the hell out of the Equipment Pachinko to accumulate over 1.2 million points when the previous 1st place had 175k with 2nd and 3rd following with around 140k each.

To report or not is anyone's own decision yet the question is if it is worth anything, aka will the devs actually do something about it?

It's obviously no fair play but I doubt they'll do the effort and subtract points from already done contests or repeat it while refunding all players their spent resources on it.

7 minutes ago, Eckos said:

It's obviously no fair play but I doubt they'll do the effort and subtract points from already done contests or repeat it while refunding all players their spent resources on it.

Yes, knowing from past bugs (like the adventure progress bug some months ago), KK obviously has no good options to sort/filter resource transactions and automate reverts with a simple database query. So I am also sure there will be nothing reverted. But of course, from what I read, bans were done in the past for obvious bug abuses. I am not a friend of such, but some action as a clear reminder would be probably good, for those which did abuse the bug and were more thinking to be lucky than to do something wrong.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

The DST time shift, of course. The timers were set to expire at 13:00 when the time zone was UTC+2. When clocks were set 1 hour backwards, this became 12:00 local time, which is why we could claim them 1 hour earlier. And it seems the new 24h timer still started at 13:00 local time, so that those Pachinko's were kept in free spin mode.

The question is why this was not a problem 1 year ago. Probably something was changed at the code server-side when GPx1 and EqPx1 free spins were aligned with the MPx1 ones to start and end at reset instead of 24h after being claimed.

Edited by Horsting

image.png.2414493175eccff8d7042ca0a1d7541c.pngimage.png.b0fe6daa9a9b2dd889240ce647a2d712.png

Hmm, as I completed all DGs, I was worried at first that I might have missed a DG yesterday or the day before, without noticing it. But then: Actually 2 (full) days before event end, hence in 33 days, the max achievable points should be 33*150=4950, not more. And I did never buy potions for kobans. Did the DST change have another unintended effect that DGs could be achieved a second time? Not sure when/how I could have gotten 140 potions without noticing it, but I do not have any other explanation. Looks like KK should have taken serious their own ingame news regarding DST, regarding impact on various game systems ...

Edited by Horsting

9 hours ago, Horsting said:

Did the DST change have another unintended effect that DGs could be achieved a second time?

It's a possibility. I didn't benefit from the DST bug (not even once) since I was made aware of it after it had already fixed itself when we reached the new 13:00 CET. I haven't missed a day of Daily Goals in years, and I go the extra mile to score 150 or close to it whenever I can (always 100 at bare minimum), and this is where I'm at:

image.png

9 hours ago, Horsting said:

Looks like KK should have taken serious their own ingame news regarding DST, regarding impact on various game systems ...

We're in the 7th year and DST has been causing temporary issues (rarely highly abusable bugs like this time, but almost always something off) twice a year for all this time. If devs knew how and/or had the green light from the Boss to spend the necessary time and resources for it, they would have done something about it by now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

We're in the 7th year and DST has been causing temporary issues (rarely highly abusable bugs like this time, but almost always something off) twice a year for all this time. If devs knew how and/or had the green light from the Boss to spend the necessary time and resources for it, they would have done something about it by now.

I mostly consider it a feature of the game to have some unexpected behaviour on DST switches. It's unfortunate that this time it was an abusable bug, but in general it's always a surprise what will happen and I just try to enjoy the show. B|

I honestly think I'll be disappointed if we get a year without some strange DST-related behaviour. 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

Maybe the developers should move the server to a place where there is no time change? For example, in Russia, DST switch has been canceled since 2011. Then there will be no problems associated with changing the clocks.

No need to move for that. They could just set their server to a fixed time, as some other online games do. It takes a little getting used to for most players twice a year (but DST does that IRL too anyway, most notably on sleep patterns), but at least you know the server time never changes and you can rely on it all year long.

I play a clicker/idler for which the devs made that choice, and for this one my own time zone switching to DST simply means that the daily reset will take place at 20:00 for me instead of 21:00 for the other six months of the year. No impact whatsoever on the game itself (which is based in Canada where there is DST, they just don't sync the server with it).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

No need to move for that. They could just set their server to a fixed time, as some other online games do.

Well, who knows - maybe their game time is tied to server time and they can’t fix it in any way. Otherwise, why would they step on the same rake twice every year and get a bunch of bugs and user dissatisfaction when changing the clock?

• uwu 1

• DvDivXXX pinned and featured this topic
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic