[ 07-Jun-21 ] Mythic Days - Discussion

That was unexpected  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Nike

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

I'm fine with the 9k/2h shard limit.. it is really silly on the first two days but by the third day it has slowed down considerably and should be relatively easy to obtain for anyone with the kobans.

My problem with the mythic days events, maybe the game in general, is the kobans.  Getting all the available girls in a month means paying 10800 for the two new epic pachinko girls (10x epic pachinko being the most efficient way to get a girl), 7200 for the path of attraction, ~15000 for the mythic girl, ~4000 for legendary days girl, 21600 for the four classic event pachinko-only girls, and another few thousand on combativity reloads to get the classic event girls (now that they are cut even shorter), and reloads for the pvp event girls.  Oh, and another 10800 to get the two new girls in the orgy event, even if you have all the previously available ones.  If you get all those girls, you can't afford to level them out in affection or experience without paying thousands more kobans for shop reloads.  Some of those girls you can get with red orbs, but now that they nerfed the drop rate of those, they can't keep up with the pace of girls coming in either.

An average player who completes all their daily missions and participates in the leagues is going to bring in something like, what, 10k kobans a month? Plus 30ish red orbs?  Clearly nowhere near enough.

I don't think I'm an average player..  I'm paying for a game card, frequently winning the D2 division for ~20k kobans a month, paying for the season pass, and exploiting my path of attraction and seasons rewards to get advantages in other events and contests.  I also purchase the odd special offer booster.. So I'm spending money and bringing in an average of 40k kobans a month, and I'm still nowhere close to keeping up with the rate of girls coming in and the cost to level them.

Ostensibly this is a pokemon game.. I don't feel like it's a pay to win because "winning" in this case is just "catching more girls", but at this point it's near impossible to catch them all even if you are paying.  It kind of defeats the purpose of the game when it can't be won.  You just have to pick and choose, often dictated by class and not even getting the rewards you actually want, unless you are willing to spend mortgage payment levels of money.  As I fall further and further behind I start to wonder why I am bothering to spend money every month on a game where I am always kept behind the curve even when I'm exploiting every loophole I can find.

Kinkoid.. we play this game for the story and to GET girls.  When you throw a whole mountain of girls at us and say "you can't get them all, but you can pick a few", that's not fun, it's discouraging.

As far as suggestions for this go.. either slow down the rate of girls coming in, reduce the level-up costs, or reduce the expected koban cost of a girl to a level where a paying customer can expect to get it.  I've been having fun with this game for years but the last few months have really soured me on it.

• Like 1

The System right know is rly fucked up, if you are not level 480+ right now you will never have enought kobones (without spending 50+€) for the event. Rebalance the Tower of Fame, set a level cap in the divisions so everyone can get 1st place. Right now if you are not hight level you must play tower of fame one week yes and one no for got a chance to get 1-4 place and loseing a week of experience. With the experience in the tower of fame hight level will be always in the top and no one will reach them. 

And i'm talking only about mythic days because if i look others events too we are over 500€ for month to get every girl released 

Edited by m4sterX

@omnijew your numbers are a bit off.

You can get over 100 EPx1 orbs per month if you are over level 400 just from doing 3 PoP daily, add to those another 10 from PoA and Season (+11 more if you unlock PoA ) and some more from daily login rewards and leagues. You can get 8-10 girls from Epic Pachinko at 6-7% drop rate, enough for all the new pachinko only girls in the month: 4 in classic, 1 in orgy, 1 in epic and 2 more during the month.

Using inteligently your combativity rewards from seasons, PoA, contests, daily login reward you can get all classic event girls in villains, the new girl in orgy days and help you with epic and legendary days.

You just need 7200 kobans for PoA, 15000 for Mythic, and around 3000 for legendary or 2000 for epic days.

Kobans you can get just from Daily missions, Event missions, daily login rewards and Season are roughly 8000. Plus 1500 more from PoP. If you are regular (15-30 in D3) in leagues you can get another 7000 per month, and more if you are good to get top 15 consistently. Add the occasional contest 1-4 position.

So you can get all new girls except the Mythic ones without spending real money. And it allows you to save for a Mythic girl every three months.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, m4sterX said:

The System right know is rly fucked up, if you are not level 480+ right now you will never have enought kobones (without spending 50+€) for the event. Rebalance the Tower of Fame, set a level cap in the divisions so everyone can get 1st place. Right now if you are not hight level you must play tower of fame one week yes and one no for got a chance to get 1-4 place and loseing a week of experience. With the experience in the tower of fame hight level will be always in the top and no one will reach them. 

And i'm talking only about mythic days because if i look others events too we are over 500€ for month to get every girl released 

i have never spent anything on the game and got two mythic girls. Trick is to snipe some contests here and there and get place 16-30 in D2 or 30 or better at D3 every week. If you cant get to top 30 every week you should go down one league.

im level 389, so no that high level.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jelom said:

@omnijew your numbers are a bit off.

You can get over 100 EPx1 orbs per month if you are over level 400 just from doing 3 PoP daily, add to those another 10 from PoA and Season (+11 more if you unlock PoA ) and some more from daily login rewards and leagues. You can get 8-10 girls from Epic Pachinko at 6-7% drop rate, enough for all the new pachinko only girls in the month: 4 in classic, 1 in orgy, 1 in epic and 2 more during the month.

Using inteligently your combativity rewards from seasons, PoA, contests, daily login reward you can get all classic event girls in villains, the new girl in orgy days and help you with epic and legendary days.

You just need 7200 kobans for PoA, 15000 for Mythic, and around 3000 for legendary or 2000 for epic days.

Kobans you can get just from Daily missions, Event missions, daily login rewards and Season are roughly 8000. Plus 1500 more from PoP. If you are regular (15-30 in D3) in leagues you can get another 7000 per month, and more if you are good to get top 15 consistently. Add the occasional contest 1-4 position.

So you can get all new girls except the Mythic ones without spending real money. And it allows you to save for a Mythic girl every three months.

Sorry for the offtopic.

I'm pretty sure you didnt read anything I wrote.  That or you are just way, way luckier with shard and orb drops than I am.  I'm doing all that.  I do the daily missions, I do the PoP, etc. etc.  They nerfed red orb drops last month; there's no 100 red orbs coming in anymore.  It was great while it lasted because it let me clear out the entire epic pachinko, but now I'm lucky to get half that from all the aforementioned sources.  I abuse saving all the combativity rewards at the end of the month for the following classic event so I can go in with 300+ fights and mostly clear it.  I'm also exploiting how badly broken the League is by winning D2 then intentionally losing the following week, so I'm getting 20k/mo from Leagues instead of 7k.

Your own math shows the shortfall.  Your scenario spends 25000 kobans a month and earns ~17000.. That's 8000 short, every month, for a player who I assume is at a similar level to me (452).  More when RNG catches up and you also start to run out of red orbs.  That doesn't even count the thousands of kobans for store refreshes to keep up with levelling the girls.  A 10k shortfall in kobans = ~$100 spent to keep up, while already paying for a daily card, season pass, etc.

What I've been seeing the last few months is my red orb stockpile dwindling, my koban pile dwindling, I'm choosing to skip events to save kobans, and I've got 50+ girls who I haven't even 3-starred with affection items.  Forget how far behind they are on experience; fully a third (200+) of my girls are still level 1.  Fine and dandy, you can't have everything, I guess.. but I AM paying money every month for more kobans and more rewards.   "I didn't pay any money and I can get less than 1/3 of the mythic girls!" doesn't even address the real question.

How much money is the "get everything" tier supposed to be?  Used to be $20/mo got you all the girls.  Then it went to $30/mo... Now with Mythics it's much higher.  Do they really intend for the game to be a $200/mo investment for people who want to collect everything in a game that is ostensibly about collecting everything? 

I suppose it's only tangentally related to the Mythic Girls in particular, but their introduction plus the subsequent nerfing of red orb drops is when it became impossible to keep pace at a reasonable spending level.  I know none of the spenders in my club are happy at the escalating price of staying afloat, and at the end of the day it's the people spending money who keep the lights on.

I mean.. simple and relatively painless thing that would help a lot is just reducing the store refresh time, or increasing the size of the store.  I've got more Ymens than I can spend and they're totally worthless because the store refreshes so slowly.  Fun fact: it takes more than 50 days of buying out the store of affection items, on cooldown, to 6-star one Mythic Girl, ignoring all the other girls you would get in that time.  If the shop size/rate is increased proportionally then we can save a ton of kobans on shop refreshes, which goes a long way towards balancing things out.

More than an hour to deplete 9K shards... Where are all the whiners now?

image.png.94b6e624f795a241e8e243bfc354bdbd.png

By the way, I'm F2P player and so far have only won 6 shards --
a bit disappointing, but no complaints... I'm in it for the long haul. 

• Like 1

On the 3rd MD-day i participated 6 times and obtained 1 SP out of 38 free attempts, also 7 x 5 dating tokens, 3 MO & 1 ticket.

I can inform you about something else that didn't come into play before, because it didn't come to such a situation (as far as i know). The leftover shards are not simply gone, they are added to the new ones. Very good solution, from my point of view!

nike5.thumb.png.f70b982648ea71482a9abfa39a902dd7.png

Edited by geek0

52 minutes ago, geek0 said:

I can inform you about something else that didn't come into play before, because it didn't come to such a situation (as far as i know). The leftover shards are not simply gone, they are added to the new ones.

It hadn't come up in this run until very recently yes, but it had in previous events and yes this was known. It mostly only came up for the 2nd last drop of shards running into the last drop though.

• Thanks 1

I managed to grab 99 shards with 1400 fights (+ 130 Mythic Orbs and 400 Dating Tokens). Not too much bad luck there, I guess. To say the least. Although it didn't feel that way with all those zero shard drops. ;)

But I'm pretty much broke now and have to save up koban until the next KH-girl comes around. I've still not given up hope for Karole. :P

Still don't see why Nike is hardcore. Wouldn't charme fit her better?

Regarding the discussion about the 'fucked up system' and not being able to catch them all - I pay for my monthly gold card and the season pass (~$15) and although the epic orbs are much rarer now than before I seem to make (very slow) progress with the pachinko girls. I can't confirm losing ground there and I still collect more girls than there are new entrants. And I'm only level 403 and nowhere near the D3-monsters who get spammed with koban and orbs. I'm struggling but I'm doing fine.

So... no. I don't think that you have to spend hundreds of dollars each month to get every girl. Yes, it takes a long time, yes, F2P players and players with silver cards have a hard time recently and I don't like the way this is going. But I don't see the need to exaggerate things.

• Like 7

Still not sure about this tho. I mean yes there are many shards left (currently fighting against myself to stop me from doing a "stupid" thing and go for her XD) but....uhm...how can I say it.... it felt like there was only 1 legendary day. If we consider that not every one can log every 2 hours plus the lag, the super berserk mode for the event (which this time might be just because she's Nike😍😍😍 and not only the HC want her) a "busy" player can get her without problems only in the last day, thing that might be a problem if that day something happen.

I honestly do not know what to say about this change 🤔.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

What's your point?

I mean... How can I say it... I could feel the full 2 days of fight before while this time (if i wanted to go for her) felt like i could have done it only in the last day.

For now the only thing I would like more is probably bigger windows with more shards (like 4 hours instead of 2)

Again this only my personal though and feeling. I do not mean to start a witch haunt 😂😂.

8 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

I mean... How can I say it... I could feel the full 2 days of fight before while this time (if i wanted to go for her) felt like i could have done it only in the last day.

Okay, so just focusing on your personal situation, instead of the generic busy player your first post referred to. That's valid, try not to appear like you're talk about other people's experience if you're only focused on your own.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

focused on your own

Not really i asked a bit in my guild and the busy ones had the same feelings as me, but i feel that I'm offending you somehow from your words so I'll stop talking about it. My apologies was not my intention.