Reworked PvP just hit the Test Server!

Noacc

19 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I did say with everything else being equal (you even quoted my statement). Therefore, your comment about player and equipment levels is irrelevant. To be clear, a level 500 player with top equipment will be at a severe disadvantage no matter what combat system is in place if said player is unable to obtain and upgrade the Mythic girls. According to the Mythical Days announcement that disadvantage is between 10 and 12 percent over players who have legendary 5* girls and that equates to a 50-60 level advantage (500-10%=450, 500-12%=440).

It's about half that - 27 levels if my math is correct. The difference between the a mythic and the best 5* legendary is 810 points (comparing only primary stats). I dont know what are the total stats at this level (450-500), but I assume that compared to them 810 points is a drop in the ocean

Edited by 430i
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I did say with everything else being equal (you even quoted my statement). Therefore, your comment about player and equipment levels is irrelevant. To be clear, a level 500 player with top equipment will be at a severe disadvantage no matter what combat system is in place if said player is unable to obtain and upgrade the Mythic girls. According to the Mythical Days announcement that disadvantage is between 10 and 12 percent over players who have legendary 5* girls and that equates to a 50-60 level advantage (500-10%=450, 500-12%=440).

It's 10-12% of the part of your stats that come from the girls, not a 10-12% of everything. Your girls stats are an addition, not a multiplication.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

It's 10-12% of the part of your stats that come from the girls, not a 10-12% of everything. Your girls stats are an addition, not a multiplication.

So noted, the penalty comes out to somewhere between 5.5 and 6% then which makes @430i's post more accurate than my initial presumption. That's still a huge hit in the D3 ToF but I've seen players win at levels as low as 468 so the competitive claim holds true. And of course the ToF isn't the whole game, so depending on what is achieved in this new system the Mythic girl isn't absolutely required. 

• Community Manager

In the following days I'll link a post with more detailed explanation on the upcoming changes and our though process.

Guys, don't forget to check our Q&A as well~ 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hey, guys.

First Q&A happened and here is recap made by Numbers from discord:

Notes I took from these Q&As, if any of the Kinkoids would like to correct this because I made a mistake, let me know.

Q: What improves? 
A: Vague question, vague answer, lots.

Q: Will blessings stack? 
A: Probably not. Balancing needs to be tested still.

Q: Calculations?
A: No official confirmation. Reverse engineering is the way to go.

Q: Will boosters change?
A: Not completely defined currently, Mythic boosters coming.

Q: How does the new system make the game more strategic?
A: Vision is to move the game in a more JRPG direction. HH is currently very simple. Looking to introduce more variety to PvP, making use of multiple party decks. Adding more PvE mechanics, such as a tower. Getting inspiration from classics, such as HoMM3, while keeping one-click battles.

Aside: Current team is 10 devs. Major refactors currently going on with regards to frontend

Q: Level 500 cap increase?
A: No confirmation of player cap increase. No XP will be lost. Current levelling is slow and unbalanced. Girl levels will be uncapped. Player level to be discussed.

Q: How can we know what is working and what is a bug if you won't tell us what the calculations are?
A: Team has improved, currently clearing out as much spaghetti code as possible.

Q: How will new system affect villain battles?
A: New elements. Class will evolve into RPG-like classes, elements act as subclasses. Once that's in place, villain system itself will have to evolve as well. TBD. Potentially, rotating elements.

Q: Will there be equips with special effects a la RPGs?
A: "I would love that". Distant future plans: girl equips, elemental equips. Hero equip system will need review as well. No P2P marketplace planned. Aside: Refactoring of Market is part of current set of in-flight changes. Harem page is first, though.

Q: Will we get a favourites feature in the harem?
A: Plan to have a favourite girl on homepage. Not this year, though.

Q: Will leagues change format?
A: Introduction of elements, classes, etc. will cause changes. No plans to change the format itself. Potential future plans: special rules for how to fight in leagues.

Q: Will this increase time investment?
A: Yes, more strategy will mean more investment if you want to be competitive, but not rocket science. If you just want to read the story without engaging in PvP, it should be roughly the same.

Q: Will the league rewards be rebalanced?
A: Currently analysing, we agree it's currently unbalanced. Don't want to change too fast, these will come later once new battle system has settled in, as large change to metagame.

Q: How will profile stats change?
A: No change to current player level system and stats, main change is to girl stats, strategy. Trying to reduce imbalance between high and low levels, make the game more competitive for lower level. PvP will remain async, snapshot system, therefore attacker has strategic advantage.

Q: Will elements have sexy theme?
A: Yes. Will map roughly to well known elements, but with a sexy spin. Dark => Domm, Light => Sub, etc. Matching girl personality. Combination of Element + Class, e.g. Dark + HC = Dominatrix.

Q: Will the game stay true to its roots?
A: Absolutely. If any major gameplay changes e.g. open-world map, that will be a separate mode/game.

Q: Will there be more fail states in PvE
A: No, we don't want HH to be frustrating, so PvE won't be too hard. Failing the same thing over and over isn't fun.

Q: What is the best place for feedback?
A: Suggestion form pinned in
#hh-feedback (discord). We may do more Q&As like this as well in the future.

addenum by Magrat:

Q: Will those weekly/monthly blessings stack, if a girl has both criteria?
A: Yes, Blessings will stack! If the girl has both characteristics, she gets both Blessings.

Q: Will the Boosters change?
A: No, Boosters remain the same. They will still help with the battle performance as before.

• Thanks 7

Ahem... 🙃 😅

Q: Will blessings stack?

Option a: Probably not. Balancing needs to be tested still.

Option b: Yes, Blessings will stack! If the girl has both characteristics, she gets both Blessings.

Q: Will boosters change?

Option a: Not completely defined currently, Mythic boosters coming.

Option b: No, Boosters remain the same. They will still help with the battle performance as before.

Especially loved this one 😂 IMO, the feature is already flawed/doomed if it isn't clear how it works :P 

Q: How can we know what is working and what is a bug if you won't tell us what the calculations are?
A: Team has improved, currently clearing out as much spaghetti code as possible.

More mythic/kobanics stuff just doesn't sound good.

The weekly/monthly blessings seem just another trouble coming... (eventually) I just won't be able to upgrade the girls that fast on the fly, just sounds like more frustration to add to the rest.

Unlike this answer -> A: No, we don't want HH to be frustrating, so PvE won't be too hard. Failing the same thing over and over isn't fun." IMO, the game is feeling more and more frustrating and less fun to play with the recent changes.

Though in fairness, got to wait and see what exactly this means in terms of gameplay but can't say that I'm too enthusiastic about it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

Mythic boosters coming

Oh, crap

Agree with that, i mean my current life is happy being on my D2 league get a 15-30 place all the month and trying hard and get a first place once in a while just to have a "well placed and happy life" without being greedy (i feel that if i wanted i could have way more that this but i like my slow life and also everyone deserve some "space" imo), so the mythic boosters are really a drop kick in the face BUT if these items are gonna be winnable in our mythic pachinko (as an example) like now the problem does not exist. If they are gonna be only buyable in kobans (like the gifts and books now) well Houston we have a problem..... 

Also if we get all these things: girl's gears, elements, bonuses etc... i think i will need a lot of assistance since I'm a dumb idiot 😃 

Probably I'll follow every pvp post to understand something specially the ones of ours numbers people 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

Q: Will this increase time investment?
A: Yes, more strategy will mean more investment if you want to be competitive, but not rocket science. If you just want to read the story without engaging in PvP, it should be roughly the same.

¿Seriously still more time? 😭 

I am so nostalgic of the relaxed good old days ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hope they dont increase the level cap yet if they do i am going to be seriously pissed already like four years to go from 394 to 500 in some games where the developers actually have a brain they put a cap on amount xp needed to gain one level so people dont need to spend infinity to get a level

20 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I did say with everything else being equal (you even quoted my statement). Therefore, your comment about player and equipment levels is irrelevant.

Took a night to think about this, and came to the conclusion: no, attaching blatantly bad conditions doesn't make a bad statement acceptable. Everything else cannot be equal, because no competent player would have their equipment be that poor and you literally cannot remove the bonus stats from leveling up. If those other conditions are indeed equal, that player's not losing because they lack a mythic girl, but because they're bad at the game.

Also you're doing % the wrong way, it's % stronger, not % weaker. So 10% stronger than 450 is 495.

11 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Q: Level 500 cap increase?
A: No confirmation of player cap increase. No XP will be lost. Current levelling is slow and unbalanced. Girl levels will be uncapped. Player level to be discussed.

At first glance this reads to me:

• a player will reach lvl500 and stay there, thus collecting more XP so in case of cap increase he will have suddenly a higher level (= hidden "no catch up")
  • the same time a girl level will go beyond lvl500.
    • How? My understanding is that the max girl level is the current player's level.

Where is my mistake? How is that meant regarding "which level can be reached by whom"?

Edited by windia

20 minutes ago, windia said:

At first glance this reads to me:

• a player will reach lvl500 and stay there, thus collecting more XP so in case of cap increase he will have suddenly a higher level (= hidden "no catch up")
  • the same time a girl level will go beyond lvl500.
    • How? My understanding is that the max girl level is the current player's level.

Where is my mistake? How is that meant regarding "which level can be reached by whom"?

Your mistake is not waiting to see how things will work.

Until they announce it, you're just guessing.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jelom said:

¿Seriously still more time? 😭 

I am so nostalgic of the relaxed good old days ...

I'm not sure they really know how much time it takes to be competitive in the ToF with the current system. They're constantly understimating the current battle mechanics as if they were simpler than they are. Right now what we've seen from the new system seems far simpler and less strategic than the current one, even with the blessings.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

I'm not sure they really know how much time it takes to be competitive in the ToF with the current system. They're constantly understimating the current battle mechanics as if they were simpler than they are. Right now what we've seen from the new system seems far simpler and less strategic than the current one, even with the blessings.

😆

5WIC33qFNbAAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png?width=12

vjjvuuI7uWMQQ01ksOOigg3pfESAlYJIf4vPYuUW

image.png

Way more moving parts in this new system shared in the 2nd q&a session.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

To continue from GeorgeMTO post:

image.png

Team UI

AUbejnxBAjSgAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png?width=1

Sex Citadel - PVE application of elements and all novelties:

u9off06fj5ujh3DTmd2QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

And final batch of Q&A:

Q: Will HH and GH counters share the same elements, like they share classes. Or will they be an independent traits like hair/eye color?
A
Everything will be shared. Elements have been designed in a gender neutral way.

Q: We're not concerned about gender neutrality. More about how much the elements will really represent the characters, because counters don't always have the same personality.  you know what I mean with counters, right?
A
Yes, I do. Same answer.

Q: Are you planning to update Comix Harem at the same time, or will it lag behind with the new features?
A
It will take a while. But we are not planning to have all HH features on CxH.

Q: How often will the blessings change?
A
Once per week

Q: I notice with these active and passive skills there seems to be a new currency to purchase them with. Is that going to be a paid only currency, or will people be able to earn it in events?
A
We want the currency to be grindable/winnable.

Q: did you ever thought that the people liked this game because it was simple and casual?
A: it's still casual. :) 
you can still enjoy the story without blockers. you are not forced to play it. we are building on top.

Q: Will there be a tutorial or something like that?
A: yes. There will be a tutorial. Also, blog posts on the Kinkoid Blog explaining features in detail.

Q: Most ppl dont even get the Old system ,how it works ... Calling it Simple is not giving it enough credit
A: that's why we are updating it. to make it more clear and strategic and interesting.

Q: do you have any samples of equipment for girls?
A
not yet.

Q: will the elements for each girl be chosen based on their backstory/profile, or will they be just chosen based on "balance"? I always had a problem with some girls being labeled charm when they were more hardcore oriented, for example.
A: we are trying to keep them coherent. but it doesn't always work. sometimes we need to balance the game.

Q: What you just described, will these "building blocks" go live at once or will that be seperate weeks/months?
A
separate weeks. we are releasing things feature by feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Are we sure that is becoming simpler XD ? I feel a bit lost already 😂😂

I guess i know what to read when i have time. Only thing is that since we are going to have multiple teams, i would like more if we have the implementation of the anticipated mythic books and gifts as rewards.

Running kind of short of those right now 😊

2 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Are we sure that is becoming simpler XD ? I feel a bit lost already 😂😂

[...]

well, the first draft of "ego-attack+defense" was too simple... people asked for strategic stuff ... and there it is 😉

RNG is back in the game as micromanagement^^

• Haha 2

21 minuti fa, windia ha scritto:

people asked for strategic stuff

will we end up with something like this, but 3/4 different ones running in parallel/at same time,  if they keep at it? 

b0aec936d072ba3079f9a0ec050f367e.jpeg.f0381a5be38701dfa01a54b2d47fd8cc.jpeg

(Just a jest, just a jest)

• Haha 12

Well, the latest info is quite the opposite to the first we had, which was basically a stripped system.

There's a lot to go through (inclunding new stuff, not just replacing) but the main thing is really understanding how it all works and how it's manageable to the girls/harems we have.

Given all the synergy bonuses, I suppose the class crits should be gone?

Still early to say but definitely seems an improvement, this latest version, compared to the first we heard about.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, windia said:

.. people asked for strategic

I hate you "add more strat please people" 🤣🤣, but do not worry with time I'll forgive you. It depends from how much time I'll need to figure things out 😉

Honestly when i started "competitive" (with " because again I'm not that competitive as long as I have my happy island) this pvp wasn't that hard to understand. I mean for sure Right now I'm not a pvp master like many of the players i see here, but i know what I'm doing at least 😂😂

Ps you are one of the people @windiathat I'm going follow a lot for sure about this rework 😉

Edited by Xemnas
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

P E R F E C T!

They did what I guessed they can't! So to me this got a fully approved seal!

Really exciting!

What I've noticed:

The player history on the game will matter a lot. The first girls you'll earn will contribute more to skill activation.

You can play to maximize the first set of elements or the second (later can try for both).

The full harem count on actual performance. That's really good. You have to invest resources to activate those sinergy bonuses. And as probably you don't have all of them, every player will have a different grow path leading to different strategies.

The system is easier, as you don't have to compute a lot. Just put in the higher scores for an element, check once a week who match the blessing. As the relevant things are ego and attacks, you have just two numbers to compute. It should be a matter of seconds to check the higher scores for that element and put them in.

A girl can be good for scores or by the skills you trigger and boost! That's another factor to consider, but not hard to grasp. You also invest on a girl skill, so you can boost a girl to become better than the simple scores. Nice!

You're not forced (at my own level, even less for newbies) to refactor the party at once, probably you'll add girl by girl as the game move onward. Whales probably have some problems, but GFU, it's not YOUR game as much is MINE.

You can do up to 6 decks, one by element. That's mean you always have a deck to counter the opponents, while probably you'll be stronger in a couple of elements alone.

The Citadel is another way to stay with the game without that stressing PvP. I'll suggest Kinkoid to have a Citadel Pass one can purchase for  bigger bonuses (probably I'll buy it as I do with Season pass). I don't like the shared competition of Leagues, I want to play the game my own pace.

If they can really implement all of this, the game will become way more better and more enjoyable.

EDIT: I've noticed another game changer. You can do themed decks! For example, go hunt for all girls that own "blonde" skill for a great mutual bonus. A Legendary 3 deck this way can compete with a sheer Legendary 5... not speaking the week blondes get a blessing you got a steamroller!

This pair with other concepts. A "regen" deck can sustain more damages, ending the duel on a stale, so it can compete on an higher tier. A "killer" deck can be based on critical chances to end the battle quickly.

This work a lot as Pokemon decks (Haymaker, Flood, Nega) and counterdecks (Lass, Lazy). The metagame will be exciting and hunting for the girl that complete a deck will be fun. Not speaking the share of builds and countermeasures between users... Good good good. PLEASE DO IT!

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Xemnas said:

[...]

Ps you are one of the people @windiathat I'm going follow a lot for sure about this rework 😉

Too much honour for me. 🙏

I have no clue either, so I see myself more on this side:

2 hours ago, Xemnas said:

I mean for sure Right now I'm not a pvp master like many of the players i see here, but i know what I'm doing at least 😂😂

So let's follow together to see what we don't see^^

Edited by windia
  • Haha 1

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic