• Meh
    • Yucky
  2. 2. Rate Melodic Amelia

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky
  3. 3. So, Double Penetration - how does it look?

• Good event
    • Well balanced
    • Terrible event
    • New and exciting
    • Waste of time and resources
    • Event duration is too short
    • Good UI
    • Where is Boss Bang?
    • Too many tasks to get the girl
    • Impossible tasks
    • Too random
    • Gonna spend some money on it
    • I'll skip the event entirely
    • Confusing mechanics
    • Loving it

1 hour ago, OmerB said:

This is MC Xp we are talking about here. I did it (getting 2000 or 4000) by keeping the daily mission rewards and claiming them on time. Easy indeed.

Oof, you're right. I've still got my PoV XP rewards unclaimed so I can use those but yeah that's a lot tougher. Revising.

1 hour ago, OmerB said:

Score points in contests - it can be unpleasant if it's a 'sell items' contest.

Yeah, that's 300 items. A tad expensive, but not hard to do.

• Like 1

Having gotten the "Collect the 4th Chest from the Daily Goals" task literally RIGHT after I collected the 4th Chest from my Daily Goals has officially put me on the "this is bad" bandwagon.  It seemed a little hamfisted before, but inserting once-a-day, better-hope-you-time-it-juuuust-right-or-else goals like this is purely punitive.

image.png.381814f4d1d33b50ac0b1adb004ed0d5.png

Sure, I could burn 90 kobans to bypass it but watch the newly-refreshed task be "Collect the 3rd chest..." or something.  Coupled with the fact that as previously mentioned, finishing the lower-level task doesn't reset BOTH tasks, this is effectively just a trap.

This is a terribly-designed event. 
As many have mentioned previously, a combination of factors including goals not applying retroactively, many goals being hard once-per-day gates, the high cost of Replacement re-rolls, and the super-expensive bonus path all combine to make this really both punishing to casual players and a waste of resources to whales.
MAYBE if we were pulling a Mythic girl this would have some legs, but as it stands the rewards for all this hassle are mediocre at best.

I find myself literally afraid to do anything unless it corresponds to a task/goal in this event, because you KNOW as soon as you do it, it's going to pop up as the next goal, and since nothing counts retroactively it's like you might as well have not done it at all.  As a result, I'm sitting on tons of natural regens that are topped out, but I'm scared to spend them, thus waiting to get past the current gate so that hopefully this event will decide I'm "allowed" to do something with them at the next step.  Then, of course, I've lost that regen forever, thereby adding to the necessity of buying more to catch back up.

This event is pure whale-chumming.  It's transparently designed around being a $$$ sink, and a blatant one at that.  +1 in the "I am not loving it" camp.

Edited by BrickButtermup
typo
  • Like 7

I HATE IT, I'm boycotting this event, not participating in it ever. This is a event that will suck all my resources up and i will be broke for other events and contest. The boss bang was a way better event than this. 

Edited by raj1993
  • Like 7

300 points reached without any halt or koban cost. I think I'm lucky.

It's a pure roulette wheel.

The real matter is: do I really care of the rewards? There are a couple of things near the end, but nothing I cannot obtain elsewhere quickly.

As long you don't get locked, is a cheap gashapon that deal less than a PoG (check gems...). If you get locked you have to evaluate the bargain. But again, one refresh a day for a L5 maybe? I got others for free, and no guarantee again.

The bad design to me emerge by this fact: did someone kept track of the resources spent to proceed? The whole thing costed me more gems than it deal, more orbs it deal, more EXP it deal... it's a black hole. In the end I'll have less than I had by staying put! It's astounding.

Do someone remember my comedy comments about how they devise events? The fact they first devise and then ask people just to feel validated in their creativity urge? Now the only thing they could do is to strip out the event or give us a candy by reducing refresh costs (false relief).

It's instead a matter of asking us to devise events directly. Recent facts shown they aren't so special about.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Kissmydick said:

im at a "refresh market" task and i have chosen to not spend a single koban on this dumster fire event so i think the hard path is just locked for me now

do they reset with the daily reset?

I don't know, and I can say if they reset with the daily rest it's bad, and if they don't it's also bad. That sounds wrong, but it comes from the dichotomy where some people need the day to roll over to finish the task, others are saving for regen to finish the task, and other still will be unable to finish the task and want a reset.

The fix for this problem is a toggle where you can indicate if you want the task to reset or not at reset, ideally a box you check.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kissmydick said:

im at a "refresh market" task and i have chosen to not spend a single koban on this dumster fire event so i think the hard path is just locked for me now

If you mean the 7 hour shop reset, it doesn't, I just found that out myself.  I spent the koban because it was cheaper than restocking the market 3 times (tho not sure that was the right choice).  I've allotted myself the daily 150 koban to see how this goes this time.  But I admit I did consider no spend same as you.

I am really not a fan of the koban or koban ones, such as this.  But that 150 is "free" (as anything else in this game).

PS: Oh I see, you probably meant do the quests available reset daily...then ya I agree with Zteev.  But my guess is no.  I wondered the same thing, figure we'll all find out together tomorrow :)

Edited by jpanda
PS
  • Like 1

The best part of this event is that it only lasts for 4 days, and then we can forget it exists for two months. 👋

I'll do the tasks I normally do and see if I can get close to getting the girl, but I'm not going to put any extra effort into it unless they change the fact that you can be assigned tasks that are impossible to complete until the next day (ie open a daily rewards chest that you've already opened).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kissmydick said:

+1,. I will just wait and test for scientific purposes what will happen.....

Edited by Gerard Cocks

I think most of us agree on that this event at least needs a better "reroll" option for the players. One idea which came to my mind is that the replace button has some background timer in it and works like other koban buttons in this game. The more time passed, the cheaper it is until it costs nothing but a click. And this is also important. I don't want an automatic reroll. Maybe it is in general a good task, but I have to wait (for example for the daily reset), so I do not want that it will be replaced.

My other main complain are the costs. 7200 kobans? The rewards for that price tag feels low, especially if you have in mind what lepidoctor mentioned. For some tasks valuable resources are needed and you can be in a situation where you just have to throw them away (e.g. epic orbs without possiblity to get a girl).

Besides that...I often mentioned it after Kinkoid puts out new stuff: Please spend more time and imrove things you currently have and don't overboard the game with a lot of unfinished/bad designed stuff. With my current experience with Kinkoid I would expect that we see several new features until they maybe even start to rebalance this one. Let's hope they read all the stuff here and consider changing things earlier than they are used to do.

• Like 14

I'm still holding my judgement on this event. So, in the meantime, just a neutral progress update:

- I got the "Collect PoP Rewards" x3 and x6 many times already (4, 5? 3 just this morning. I could complete the first 2 because I only claimed half of my PoP, but the 3rd one put me to a full stop on "Easy" tasks for the next 7 hours).

- Getting "Collect shards" and "Collect PoV Potions" in parallel is pretty good as they overlap nicely, but... Could the timing have been any worse? (I get 35 Potions as a reward for these 2 goals, and am currently at 265/300 toward... 50 shards of Lora)

50-shards-35-potions.thumb.png.1cb66c7bd412d95a9bd624d529062add.png

Fortunately, RNG has ups and downs. I used 1GP10 and:

1stGP10.thumb.png.dd1c951ec1e878b95eed763429b3bbf8.png

I'm now stuck again (7 Hours for 6 PoP, 3 Hours for spend energy), but I'm making good progress: 430/1000.

So far I had to spend:

- Some energy rewards from Season and PoG (Started with a Legendary Energy mission, requiring 160, and then got more Energy missions along the way)

- 640 gems (160+160+320). I still have some useful L5 girls to awaken so nothing wasted here (yet).

- 215 Kobans for one combativity refill (Overlapping with LD, where I intend to refill anyway, and also giving points for Daily Contest, so it's not really a waste either).

My Daily Goals, Missions and Free Pachinko roll are still pending. This feels sooo wrong:

daily-goals.thumb.png.a19ef5238bea8a4f0a6213958b308a8b.png

• Like 8

It's impressive I've been able to grind my way so far doing only "hard" tasks because I'm stuck with my easy task since the start of the event

image.thumb.png.0713d301df9fdc4362537c590d2e0fa4.png

As a couple of people here suggested I also agree that there should be a timer that let's you skip a task for free every X hours. Wasting nubans/kobans on rerolls here sounds terrible because you can spend valuable currency to get yourself into a same or worse position. Imagine being in my spot, spending that 10 nubans to replace 2nd Chest and receive another task for 3rd Chest again.

The only saving grace here is that the event lasts for 4 days which means you should be able to get the free L5. But it's RNG so there are odds that you won't. And there's no way this is worth 1200 nubans:

image.png.66d2eee6461d278cb429abec79faa3a7.png

I'd pay 600 to get the girl and consider everything else to be a free bonus. Mythic gear is not worth spending extra now that I have a full set and it's just min maxing from now on. fists and kisses are cool but not worth it imo. 30 energy is a joke. tickets and money are worthless. gems are cool but it's only 360 IF you clear the whole event. a couple of orbs I can get through 1 PoP clearing and 90 worthless orbs I'd rather not have because 1xGP is a good way to spend money during PoA. boosters are probably good for people aiming to get top 4 in D3 but I'm good with being in top 15 so meh.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, garadron said:

And there's no way this is worth 1200 nubans:

image.png.66d2eee6461d278cb429abec79faa3a7.png

I was going to post a similar screenshot and I came to the same conclusion. 7200 kobans is as much as the PoA paid path or two PoVs. Even though one L5 is better than two L3s, the rest of the rewards is nowhere near on par with what you get from either option.

For those who have missed the LC girl revived in it, the PoG paid path also has one L5 girl and much better value bonus rewards for "only" 5400 kobans; and it lasts for over a month (and is much less tedious to complete than DD).

Sure, 3 AM boosters cost 1350 kos if you decide to purchase them from the market directly, but that's only ever been worth doing for players who have a really good chance of finishing in the top 4 or even winning in D3. And it's still possible to get some of these "for free" by winning a CbC here and there. Now that the whole PvP meta has been heavily shaken (once again in favor of high real-money spenders) by the introduction, deliberate scarcity and ridiculously high randomness of Mythic Gear... This isn't a good investment for most players (including some such as myself who were able to compete for top 4 in D3 in the previous meta, but currently aren't).

The only other big reward is the pack of two random MG pieces. These are hard to come by, but on top of that you need a lot of luck for even one of them to be useful for you (once you've grabbed one piece for each slot, no matter how good or bad, just as a baseline for the higher level of stats they give compared to Rainbow legendaries). So just two random pieces are not worth throwing a lot of kobans at. It could be a different story if these were guaranteed to match your class or to have the attack bonus and a usable color for the secondary bonus, and/or if we could choose which slot we want them for. Or maybe if there were like 6 of them or more. But just two rolls from the super low-chance RNG machine that produces Mythic Gear? Not even sort of.

Beyond these two rewards and the extra L5 girl, as you've said, the rest of the rewards are trivial. 360 omni-gems at best? That's barely more than the bonus we get for completing a Classic Event. And we can get about this amount weekly from just placing top 15 in CbC. Just a bit more than one refill worth of Fists? That's worth about 600kos anytime we need it (and this event being simultaneous with LD means it's either going to be used immediately for LD or kind of "wasted" for those who already finished LD). 4 refills-ish worth of Kisses? Meh. Other individual scraps are not even worth mentioning.

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, garadron said:

It's impressive I've been able to grind my way so far doing only "hard" tasks because I'm stuck with my easy task since the start of the event.

The "hard" tasks are similar to the easy tasks, just with greater quantities, but they give much more potions.

9 minutes ago, OmerB said:

The "hard" tasks are similar to the easy tasks, just with greater quantities, but they give much more potions.

I wouldn't call it 'much more' really. 10 points for getting 25 shards, or 25 points for getting 100.
2.5 times the reward for 4 times the effort.

• Like 2

My first day ends here:

grafik.thumb.png.9fa400672170526af50601e60f9f74d1.png

Not so good like Kenrae. I avoid spending Koban for this event so I have to wait.

At the moment I'm not sure if it's really necessary to change quests (at least not at day one of four) in this type of event. If you can reach at least 125 points per day in this event you will get the girl and if you can reach 250 (I could reach it today in my testserver account) you can reach the last reward. So no need to rush at the first day and even you are short at the first day, the next days can be balance this out.

I can imaging a quest-changing system what starts with the now amount of Koban and  let them drop to 6 Koban in the last 12h of the event step by step. With this guys who wants to rush the event will pay more, players with patience will have the benefit to spend much less Koban for changing quests. Another thing should be that quests which are not doable in the remaining time doesn't appear. So it's not a great problem at the moment if you get a "Claim 4th chest of DG" because you can do it after rest with the new DG's, but if you had claimed the 4th chest at the last day and the quest appear again it's another sheet of paper.

It seems to me that KK want to clear the ressources hoarders storages and they created the SE (or better SB like Holy called it) and now the DP. Sadly, KK, this doesn't lead to lower amount of storaged ressources, it leads to greater amounts because more will be hoard to have enough ressources. The better way would be to increase the rewards in all Parts of the game and lower the costs for Bonus Paths. Than you have the chance that a lot of player allways use all avalaible ressources, because there are enough to get in short time, but in this case they will much more often at the situation that they need an aditional amount and will buy a bundle with real cash. At the first glimps this seems paradox, but the human brain works very often in this direction.

• Like 10

I decided to pay 90 kobans to skip the "get 100 shards" task. The new task was "collect the 5th daily goal chest", and after that I got the "get 100 shards" one back again. I do not know whether to laugh or cry

EDIT: On gh I landed on both tasks to a "finish x PoPs", I redeemed all of them less than 1 hour ago (thanks to a "finish 12 PoP missions). I really feel cheated by this event RNG

EDIT 2: A feature that makes you feel anxious of doing ANYTHING in the game (that it is not a thriller/horror game) in fear of possibly fucking up your chances of progressions in a reasonable time, is horribly designed.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 4
  • Sad 5

Congrats @Basniowy for finishing the whole event in just one day.

Curiosity is killing me ¿how many kobans did it cost you? not including the 7200 of the paid path but including the tasks refreshes and completing some tasks that demand using kobans as the market refresh ones.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jelom said:

Congrats @Basniowy for finishing the whole event in just one day.

Curiosity is killing me ¿how many kobans did it cost you? not including the 7200 of the paid path but including the tasks refreshes and completing some tasks that demand using kobans as the market refresh ones.

Kinda idk, did not track the exact number. I did few of task resets (lets say something about 10) not sure how much exactly. I was reseting tasks for 2 reasons 1. hard task or 2. i did not wanted to wait. And whenever i got a market restock task i was happy cuz it is simple to do. More books are always welcome.

Something else I hate, that also happens in PoV, is that once you pay for the bonus path you can't claim only one prize, it forces you to claim the prizes from both paths at the same time.
So you need to claim 100 shards for the 50 shards task, which then can screw you if you get the 50 shards task again.

Not that it has happened to me, no 🙄

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Something else I hate, that also happens in PoV, is that once you pay for the bonus path you can't claim only one prize, it forces you to claim the prizes from both paths at the same time.

Oh yeah, that is a pain in the.... Should have been changed long time ago in other "events" aka paths

Edited by Basniowy